Having a hard time today

OH, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana: Going away for even a short time refreshes our batteries and sometimes puts things in a much better light. At least for me ;). I love to go away..lol

I'm doing ok. Bruising is healing. Dr tomorrow EARLY to verify the concussion and some other results. I'm a trucker, I keep on going. Maybe a little, LOT slower, but I'm moving.:rotfl:

This week has been fantastic sunny and semi-warm temps, at least for this time ofyear. I'm hoping to sit out and loaf some this weekend.

Hugs and love to all:grouphug:

Good luck tomorrow, get the doc to give you some magic pills:wizard:

Fingers double crossed that you get good news.

:hug:
Quasar

:) Hello everyone. It's been a quiet thread, so I thought I'd pop in.

What's new here. Let me see. We went on the Disney Dream cruise Sept 29th, and it was AMAZING. Great times we had, also perfect weather, just tooooo darn short..:lmao:

I am leaving in a few hours for a trip to NYC with my step-mother, step-sister, and her cousin. I rarely use the STEP word, but it simplifies things. This is a bus tour trip for the weekend which was bought for me in July, as a BDAY gift. It really is a first for me with no kids, and no hubby. I hope to have a great time. My budget is somewhat (a lot) smaller because of our last minute cruise, but that is ok.

The best news. I got the OK to return to work :banana::banana::yay::yay:. It will be 3 years in January, and have been really feeling lost lately, like I NEED to go back. My Dr gave me the OK, providing I start with some rehabilitation. So, I am awaiting news there. I only work 3 days per week, but it is so perfect for me with everyone's schedules here. I am still in the midst of lots of tests, and other things, but I will give it a really big GO.

So, enough about MOI. How is everyone??? I hope you all are ok. Not hearing has me worried at times..

Hugs and XX to all :grouphug::flower3:

:) Hello everyone. It's been a quiet thread, so I thought I'd pop in.

What's new here. Let me see. We went on the Disney Dream cruise Sept 29th, and it was AMAZING. Great times we had, also perfect weather, just tooooo darn short..:lmao:

I am leaving in a few hours for a trip to NYC with my step-mother, step-sister, and her cousin. I rarely use the STEP word, but it simplifies things. This is a bus tour trip for the weekend which was bought for me in July, as a BDAY gift. It really is a first for me with no kids, and no hubby. I hope to have a great time. My budget is somewhat (a lot) smaller because of our last minute cruise, but that is ok.

The best news. I got the OK to return to work :banana::banana::yay::yay:. It will be 3 years in January, and have been really feeling lost lately, like I NEED to go back. My Dr gave me the OK, providing I start with some rehabilitation. So, I am awaiting news there. I only work 3 days per week, but it is so perfect for me with everyone's schedules here. I am still in the midst of lots of tests, and other things, but I will give it a really big GO.

So, enough about MOI. How is everyone??? I hope you all are ok. Not hearing has me worried at times..

Hugs and XX to all :grouphug::flower3:

Wow, you certainly have lots of good news.
I am so thrilled for you that you are going to be able to return to work and 3 days sounds perfect.................just make sure you don't overdo things;)
(I am sooooo bossy:laughing:)

The cruise sounded great and now a visit to NY, a girls trip is always fun and very different than travelling with the family. Make sure you have fun and spoil yourself.

I don't have anything much to report life is pretty hum-drum here which is just the way I like it.
I am doing 4 Pilates sessions a week with a physical therapist trying to make my back and neck happy and although the progress is slow I really like going and she is such an upbeat person I always leave feeling happy.

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy:grouphug:

I want to say "thanks" to all of you. It is so good to know I have friends I can count on.
I hate this time of year. Hate the shorter days and cold weather.
And to added to mix...this past May a cat gave birth to a litter of 3 at the house next door.
The lady next door thought it was our gray cat but our cat is a male. We went over to investigate. The cat had found a shallow area under the neighbors fireplace flue. The neighbor also has a DOG!!! So while we were at Disney they then took up residence under our deck. Feeling sorry for the mom because of the hot weather and the fact she had 3 babies to take care of we started feeding her and giving her water.
Though out the summer we watched the babies grow and frolic all over our deck and backyard. Now its winter and I am sad that they are outside in the cold. I also fear they will breed so we took them in to be fixed today at a low cost pet center. We are still not sure what to do with them. I have contact countless rescues but no one will take them :( One of them is very very friendly and will lick you to death and purs constantly when you pet him. The other two are a bit shy. One loves to have his head rubbed and will drop to the ground to have his head rubbed. The girl is very very shy and very rarely allows me to hold her. We already have 3 which is the max we care to have so taking them in is not an option.
So the stress of the cats plus the holidays and the bugly ugly weather really has me down in the dumps.

I want to say "thanks" to all of you. It is so good to know I have friends I can count on.
I hate this time of year. Hate the shorter days and cold weather.
And to added to mix...this past May a cat gave birth to a litter of 3 at the house next door.
The lady next door thought it was our gray cat but our cat is a male. We went over to investigate. The cat had found a shallow area under the neighbors fireplace flue. The neighbor also has a DOG!!! So while we were at Disney they then took up residence under our deck. Feeling sorry for the mom because of the hot weather and the fact she had 3 babies to take care of we started feeding her and giving her water.
Though out the summer we watched the babies grow and frolic all over our deck and backyard. Now its winter and I am sad that they are outside in the cold. I also fear they will breed so we took them in to be fixed today at a low cost pet center. We are still not sure what to do with them. I have contact countless rescues but no one will take them :( One of them is very very friendly and will lick you to death and purs constantly when you pet him. The other two are a bit shy. One loves to have his head rubbed and will drop to the ground to have his head rubbed. The girl is very very shy and very rarely allows me to hold her. We already have 3 which is the max we care to have so taking them in is not an option.
So the stress of the cats plus the holidays and the bugly ugly weather really has me down in the dumps.

Oh I understand the Ohio weather. It is more than I like to handle. That is part of the reason we are visiting in NC with our DD right now. :goodvibes

About the kitties. We found a rescue organization in the Akron area that was just wonderful for us. We have adopted several kittens and cats from them. I think they are in a new building now, they used to be in half of a gas station. You might contact them and see if they will take the kittens. At least that way they would have a warm home for the winter and maybe forever.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.oneofakindpets.com/site/

Maybe it will help.:grouphug:

THANK YOU. I called and left a message. Everyone pray that they can help these babies!!!!

Oh I understand the Ohio weather. It is more than I like to handle. That is part of the reason we are visiting in NC with our DD right now. :goodvibes

About the kitties. We found a rescue organization in the Akron area that was just wonderful for us. We have adopted several kittens and cats from them. I think they are in a new building now, they used to be in half of a gas station. You might contact them and see if they will take the kittens. At least that way they would have a warm home for the winter and maybe forever.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.oneofakindpets.com/site/

Maybe it will help.:grouphug:

Oh, this time of a year is rough here also. I HATE IT...Winter hasn't even officially started, but I just get very down at this time. Counting the days until spring :)

Those poor babies. I'm happy you are helping them. I hope that they call and take them.. :grouphug:

Well one of them may have a home sorta. A private animal shelter is willing to take him and find him a home as long as he doesn't test positive for luekemia. He has an appt tomorrow of that test.
And as soon as the respiratory infection that two of the cats that are currently at the shelter, get cleared up I can bring him to her. The owner does not want to bring him in while she has sick cats which I completely understand. The first time I introduced him to the litter box he got in it and rolled. My DH said, " he thinks he is at the beach rolling in the sand". So clearly I thought oh great I am going to have to be after him every minute to make sure he does go potty in the house. Well my husband went to check on him and found him in the litter box going potty. He is going me make someone a very great friend.

As for my other two strays. They are just to scared and timid for someone to adopt and I don't know what to do with them.
Now we just need prayers for the two siamese kitties. I think they would do well on a farm.
I on the other hand am highly stressed right now!

Update. The little guy who was suppose to go a pivate resue center is still with us because 2 cats at the shelter have a respitory infection. The owner wants the infection to be cleared up before taking him. She doesn't want to make him sick.

On another note his siamese bother got adopted last weekend!!! This little guy had me worried because he is so super shy and timid. Parents of a friend of mine took him and just love him to death. I get daily updates as to how he is doing and he is doing wonderful. Has not tried to climb the Christmas tree, loves to sit on the couch and watch TV and hasn't bothered the birds that they have.
I on the other hand cried and cried all day when they took him! I felt a little better the next day when I got the report that he was sitting on the couch next to his new Dad. And that he slept that night in a basket they had fixed for him. I knew he had settled in and my heart was joyous for him. They named him Noel. He is a replacement for their siamese that passed away last May.

Awwww....:grouphug: It must be bittersweet. What a great thing you did. Amazing actually.

Happy Holidays to you and your family :grouphug:

Awww that is a nice story, but agree with pp a bittersweet one. The kitties new home sounds like a very nice one, one that he really likes too.

~~ I love you Phil, and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Strange days have found us
And through their strange hours we linger alone
Bodies confused
Memories misused
As we run from the day to a strange night of stone - The Doors​

One kitty found his forever home. A siamese was adopted by parents of my friend. I get weekly updates on him. And I get visitation rights. I have not been over to see him yet because of the holiday's and now I am sick with a head cold :sick:

So hopefully soon I can see him. He was the one who is most timid and I feared he would not be adopted. From what I have heard he has made himself right at home. Loves to watch TV with his new Daddy.

The other two are still with us and hope soon that they too will be adopted. I cried so hard when the siamese left the house. I just hope the same doesn't happen when these two go. I just had to remind myself that he went to a great home and he will be loved greatly. Lisa parents are just great people and I know he is in great hands. So that comforted me to know that. The day before I laid on the couch holding him and he fell asleep for a few hours on my chest. I felt that we were bonding. Then the next day is when Lisa parents picked him up. Such a sweet little guy.
This whole experience has made me relize how many rescue centers there are out there that take care of these pets. I felt good knowing that this holiday season I made the life of 3 little kitties better. So if you know of a rescue group in your area, please take the time to donate to them. Even if money is tight, these groups could use old blankets/towels. If you can donate money that would be great. Just think $10 can buy a bag of dog or cat food and the shelter would be greatful.
:thumbsup2

One kitty found his forever home. A siamese was adopted by parents of my friend. I get weekly updates on him. And I get visitation rights. I have not been over to see him yet because of the holiday's and now I am sick with a head cold :sick:

So hopefully soon I can see him. He was the one who is most timid and I feared he would not be adopted. From what I have heard he has made himself right at home. Loves to watch TV with his new Daddy.

The other two are still with us and hope soon that they too will be adopted. I cried so hard when the siamese left the house. I just hope the same doesn't happen when these two go. I just had to remind myself that he went to a great home and he will be loved greatly. Lisa parents are just great people and I know he is in great hands. So that comforted me to know that. The day before I laid on the couch holding him and he fell asleep for a few hours on my chest. I felt that we were bonding. Then the next day is when Lisa parents picked him up. Such a sweet little guy.
This whole experience has made me relize how many rescue centers there are out there that take care of these pets. I felt good knowing that this holiday season I made the life of 3 little kitties better. So if you know of a rescue group in your area, please take the time to donate to them. Even if money is tight, these groups could use old blankets/towels. If you can donate money that would be great. Just think $10 can buy a bag of dog or cat food and the shelter would be greatful.
:thumbsup2

You're a good person with a good heart!

I need a hug girls! :sad:

I wish one of you lived close to me because I could use a real hug.

Here is what has been going on. The two kitties who will be going to a rescue group were taken into the vet to be declawed at the request of the rescue group. The rescue group is also paying for their vet bill. Well after I picked them up yesterday they told me little guy has a bladder infection because they noticed blood in his urine. :( So they gave him a shot of an antibodic which should last 2 weeks. One of his paws is still bleeding a bid so they wrapped it and told me it could come off tomorrow.
Before I took him to the vet I noticed he loves to dig a lot in the litter so I figured he got the UTI from the litter dust. I feel so bad for him and I feel bad that I did not relize that he was sick.

Then the rescue group will take them this weekend to which I fell to pieces. I feel like this big bad person. First I took them to a vet in early Dec to be spayed/neauter. Then I took them to the vet to be declawed and in just a few days I am going to turn them over to the rescue group. I asked my DH to call the rescue group to see if we can keep them until they are recovered. I just feel so bad for them. Here I am I took them to someone who operated on them and then I am giving them away. For my own personal need, I need to nurse them back to health and bond a bid more with them before putting them up for adoption. It will help my healing processes. I know I can't keep them and I do want them to go to a good home but first I need to know they are in good healthy before I give them up.

So that is the start of my crappy week. I am still dealing with a head cold GRRR. it needs to go away. But I am getting a bit better. Then today I got two rejection letters for 2 jobs I applied and interviewed for.

Also used the time that the kitties were at the vet over night, to do some house cleaning to get rid of the germs. Now I have a backache. Not sure how much more I can take. UGH

I am so so so sad today. I could use a prayer or two!
Thanks girls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter