Hawaii 2020, really sold out?

They are non refundable yes, But you change reservation, so same reservation# but different cruise altogether, I have done it in past, and will be doing it for upcoming Alaska cruise
That's great to know! We didn't consider concierge at all for this cruise since we aren't 100% sure we can go, but I might have if I knew I could move it to a different cruise.

I don't get it how these rooms may be worth so much money. Maybe I am missing something, but I do not see many advantages over regular rooms, especially with Cat V rooms.
Right now, it's "availability" above all else. DCL pricing goes up as availability goes down.

I just found out about the Hawaii cruises on the Wonder in April and May of 2020. They're on the Disney website but when you click "View prices" on them you get a 'page not found' error. I found them listed on the Dreams Unlimited site, but when I requested a quote got a strangely formatted email saying my cruise was completely sold out, and I should look into another resort (which makes no sense).

Is the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise really sold out? If so, is there any chance they'll offer it again?

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/hawaii/
We are on that cruise and only the guaranteed room was available and it was lucky that we got that. Many of the more experienced cruisers on here said - not to worry, once they announce the later 2020 dates there will be lots of cancellations/transfers. I think in 2015, they had a cruise to Hawaii in April and another one at the end of the Alaska season in September. We really would prefer to have a room of our choosing, as this is to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary - so fingers crossed.

We are on that cruise and only the guaranteed room was available and it was lucky that we got that. Many of the more experienced cruisers on here said - not to worry, once they announce the later 2020 dates there will be lots of cancellations/transfers. I think in 2015, they had a cruise to Hawaii in April and another one at the end of the Alaska season in September. We really would prefer to have a room of our choosing, as this is to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary - so fingers crossed.

In 2015 they offered two Hawaii cruises only, in Sept. they were 10 nights each. One left Vancouver after the last Alaska trip and ended in Honolulu, the second went from Honolulu back to Vancouver.
In 2012 was the inaugural Hawaii cruise, it was offered in April, I believe.

I just changed rooms, so there should be a gty inside room 11 c available right now on the 9 night cruise!

Was just on the website and could have booked a 4A or a10C for the 10 night.

Just tried and saw no availability. But there was availability on the 9 night Guarantee status inside room for two guests. Has anyone been following enough to see if more rooms are starting to open up? I would assume they hold pretty firm until the next round of $$ due, right?

Just tried and saw no availability. But there was availability on the 9 night Guarantee status inside room for two guests. Has anyone been following enough to see if more rooms are starting to open up? I would assume they hold pretty firm until the next round of $$ due, right?

Payment for the 10 night is due early January.
I looked and there were rooms available an hour ago on the 10 night, try again in an hour to check.
The inside was 5600 for 2.
The balcony was just over $10,000 :sad2:

Payment for the 10 night is due early January.
I looked and there were rooms available an hour ago on the 10 night, try again in an hour to check.
The inside was 5600 for 2.
The balcony was just over $10,000 :sad2:
eek! I don't think I could sell my dh on going without having a verandah...but the over 10k pricetag will also not sell him on going! HA!

There is movement but you have to keep checking daily and periodically. Honestly, I started to look at finding rooms more hard core this weekend I saw some movement but I wasn't fast enough to change rooms. Lol it was during GOT when I saw the openings. Then when I was on a disney chat with a member yesterday, they said a person who was looking for this trip for a while was able to get on. I also saw the 10 night available last night and then I grabbed that one as well. Sadly, that was an inside 10 b. Today the verandah is showing up but that't too expensive. My family is still debating about which trip route we want to do. Once we figure it out, I will post when I drop the one so another member can grab that room hopefully!

If you check these forums daily and see members are getting rooms assigned that's another tip to check the site to see if a room opens up as well.

There is movement but you have to keep checking daily and periodically. Honestly, I started to look at finding rooms more hard core this weekend I saw some movement but I wasn't fast enough to change rooms. Lol it was during GOT when I saw the openings. Then when I was on a disney chat with a member yesterday, they said a person who was looking for this trip for a while was able to get on. I also saw the 10 night available last night and then I grabbed that one as well. Sadly, that was an inside 10 b. Today the verandah is showing up but that't too expensive. My family is still debating about which trip route we want to do. Once we figure it out, I will post when I drop the one so another member can grab that room hopefully!

If you check these forums daily and see members are getting rooms assigned that's another tip to check the site to see if a room opens up as well.
That all makes sense. Thanks for the info! Good luck getting your room choice!!

we were lucky to get a GTY9A on the second day of booking--however I like to pick our room so Ive been checking quite often

but I always get the message that staterooms are not available or not available for your party size--theres only the 2 of us but I get this message even if I change it to 1 no kids just 2 adults

yet it says there are inside availability--very confusing

I let a GTY OV room for four go. The timing and length is difficult for schools so we booked a shorter European cruise for June instead. It was hard to let it go as the price for 10 days was really good at the time I booked. Still hoping to do it someday.

When I click on the room category it says that its not available and to choose another cruise....am I doing something wrong?

I would keep refreshing. Unfortunately when there is a room available, it's live and anyone on line at that time can try grabbing which include DCL and TA. The other thing is if someone upgrades than other rooms in other areas might become available.

I just checked the website again and there was 2 rooms (1 on each sailing to and from Hawaii) and now they are gone... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter