• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Headscratching Comments from Others

Since this has become "A What not to Wear" thread. I want to check with everyone to be sure my attire will be ok for my trip to Disney World.

I will be dressed in Cargo Shorts, several which are Blue Denim. Also have a Brownish denim and a Black kaki pair. Along with these shorts I will wear either a 3 button collared polo or a pocket t. White Tube Socks and White Hi tops. I will let this group decide if the socks are pulled all the way up or bunched at my ankles.

Do I have the approval of DIS?

Hi tops with shorts :scared1:

Just kidding. I figure that haven't been fashionable in the last 39 years of my life, why start now!

Hi tops with shorts :scared1:

Just kidding. I figure that haven't been fashionable in the last 39 years of my life, why start now!

Should I quick run out and get a pair of Chucks?
PAGGEPGDECHOMAOAt.jpg

One of our favorite things for the drive to WDW, or to the mid-west to visit family, is to check out all the vehicles going to college games! Our last WDW trip was at Thanksgiving and WOW! It was like a bunch of lemmings all heading to a football game cliff! Stickers, flags, glass markers/paint. The closest we get to that are the moms here who paint their kids team name on the minivan/SUV windows before states or regionals! It is a totally different world! But I did find myself saying Geaux Tigers! to all the LSU 'shirts' I saw at WDW. (Thanks mid-west cousins who have converted me...) Now I realize I'm sitting here at the computer in my bright orange Illini shirt... No wonder people in Rhode Island look at me funny in this shirt... If it isn't a Pat's Jersey or a Red Sox shirt...you just don't see it around here.

I'll be there in 11 days in my denim shorts, with my croc flipflops, but no way do I wear a fanny pack. I have to quit somewhere!

Oh, and to The Wog.. I even have an anorak. Got it at LL Bean a long time ago. It's like a hoodie that isn't made of sweatshirt material. Mine is like Gore-tex and keeps the rain out, but doesn't make me sweaty.

huh, what do you know. I may even have one of those, but didn't know it was called that. The closest around here we have for big time college is BC and that might be a stretch. At least until they do well in something and then everyone sort of jumps on and roots for them. UCONN is too far away to be "ours" and that is pretty much only basketball. We just don't see the intensity of supporting college athletics like in the south. From what I hear it can be pretty crazy....

Now Sox or Pats like say, completely different story. Is it Monday yet?

Hi

Going back to the orginal point in this post.

I am your typical red hed i.e red hair freckles and VERY PALE skin. When walking around water parks etc I have often heard people say "gosh she is the whitest person I have ever seen!!" Etc and pointing at me, now correct me if I am wrong but would you ever say that about a person of colour etc.:eek:

I do not tan nor do I look good in the so called fake bakes but those sort of comments really bug me.

Have we talked about crocs yet? I think they are cuter than most people think. My kids have some, but I don't b/c they aren't comfortable, but a lot of people would make fun of you in them as an adult. So who cares what people say anyways!

Starry, I'm sorry about that...that is so RUDE! I love redheads! My daughter is one and I am a fake one (this isn't my daughter btw, just a cute baby)
hairbabyMENSYN_468x526.jpg

When my boys were little they wore jean shorts, but now that they are high school and college age respectively, they wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of jorts. Their father on the other hand wears nothing but.

Well that's your opinion and don't you remember what we learned in Bambi? If you don't have anything nice to say...

Wait A minute Since when Did Wearing blue jeans go out!!!Im not old Im 22 and I got a couple Rocawear Blue jean Shorts in my dresser,Or Are we Talking those short short blue jeans?About 2 years ago I worked at Robinsons may in mens clothing and the Blue jean shorts sold alot,I mean they wernt levi jean shorts but like the Ecko,Mecca,Sean John,Rocawear,Southpole, they sold lie crazy.So what iam I missing that there Not In style,Also this is when I lived in Burbank,CA

Hi

Going back to the orginal point in this post.

I am your typical red hed i.e red hair freckles and VERY PALE skin. When walking around water parks etc I have often heard people say "gosh she is the whitest person I have ever seen!!" Etc and pointing at me, now correct me if I am wrong but would you ever say that about a person of colour etc.:eek:

I do not tan nor do I look good in the so called fake bakes but those sort of comments really bug me.

I have 2 girls with albinism. They have VERY pale skin and white hair, yes, WHITE hair. You would not believe the comments that we get. I have had many people ask "Is that their natural hair color?" I want to say, "No, I pour a bottle of peroxide on it!" They are 6 and 8 years old now, but I had people asking me that when they were infants!!

Scratching head comment said to me!

I dance, A LOT, when I see the British Invasion. I do the jerk, the monkey and all the dances my mom taught me when I was little. My husband and I slow dance to the ballads. Nobody has ever said a word to my face and I really don't care what people think.

After the show, I took a bench by Int'l Gateway and a woman came over and told me she was watching me dance and was standing next to two teenagers who were arguing about whether I was looking stupid or not. She said, she, of course enjoyed it, but felt she just HAD to tell me about the boys.

I said, "I really don't care; I come here for ME, not anybody else". She actually looked put out that I didn't care! Passive aggressive much, Lady?

Oh and as far as the heels go, some of us dress for dinner so if you see that towards mealtime, that's why some of us are wearing them. But ya better believe my flip-flops are on right after the meal, lol! I'm no masochist!

I have 2 girls with albinism. They have VERY pale skin and white hair, yes, WHITE hair. You would not believe the comments that we get. I have had many people ask "Is that their natural hair color?" I want to say, "No, I pour a bottle of peroxide on it!" They are 6 and 8 years old now, but I had people asking me that when they were infants!!

To be completely fair to the unwashed masses, true albinism is very rare. So it will garner some odd looks and questions.

I'm married to a twin and you wouldn't believe some of the questions I get asked. Hello?!? I'm only married to one of them!

Re: red-headed baby with pink onesie. My sister is red-haired. I positively despise seeing pink on a redhead. It's just my personal preference. They look much lovelier in so many other colors. Come to think of it, I don't think my sister has ever worn pink...... (It really is a poor color choice for most redheads skin/eye/hair combo.)

First of all, I have a great picture of me at Disney wearing 1) jean shorts 2) Disney Fanny Pack 3) Mickey ankle socks with Crocs and Glitter Minnie Mouse ears on my head. I love it! DH makes fun of it. I was comfortable and my stuff was easily acessible :lmao:

I have heard weird comments in the parks, mostly from my husband, but that is just his Disney ignorance.

But, I have to say, I shake my head when I see a 10+ page thread on what makeup to wear to the parks??? No offense ladies, but really? I just hear my dear gramma in my head "to each their own" :lovestruc

BareMinerals-type foundation and lip balm. Both with the highest possible SPF I can find.
And slathered head to toes with sunblock of about SPF 60. Sunburnt = cranky.

Scratching head comment said to me!

I dance, A LOT, when I see the British Invasion. I do the jerk, the monkey and all the dances my mom taught me when I was little. My husband and I slow dance to the ballads. Nobody has ever said a word to my face and I really don't care what people think.

After the show, I took a bench by Int'l Gateway and a woman came over and told me she was watching me dance and was standing next to two teenagers who were arguing about whether I was looking stupid or not. She said, she, of course enjoyed it, but felt she just HAD to tell me about the boys.

I said, "I really don't care; I come here for ME, not anybody else". She actually looked put out that I didn't care! Passive aggressive much, Lady?
I dance too when I hear great music and it moves me :woohoo: Dh is used to it but dd (8) has major issues with it. Especially when they have a sock hop at her grade school and her Mom is the only one dancing with the kiddos on the dance floor to the DJ, especially when they played Thriller! :rotfl:

It can only get worse for the poor kid! ;)

I dance too when I hear great music and it moves me :woohoo: Dh is used to it but dd (8) has major issues with it. Especially when they have a sock hop at her grade school and her Mom is the only one dancing with the kiddos on the dance floor to the DJ, especially when they played Thriller! :rotfl:

It can only get worse for the poor kid! ;)

Ok, now when I hear Thriller, I am so up doing that zombie dance and don't even care. I think you're teaching your kids to have fun AND you're teaching them to have confidence.

My crowning moment was dancing with my then 19 year old daughter to, you guessed it, The British Invasion. Those pix will last a lifetime for me.

Good for you for feeling it too!:cool1:

As for me my DH would probably say I'm more blue than white :rotfl2:

It really does drive me mad though that espcially in a place like DW that people can't just be nice and not judge other people by how they look etc. IMHO people like that really should not be allowed out of their own homes let alone into a place like DW

Well that's your opinion and don't you remember what we learned in Bambi? If you don't have anything nice to say...

I think it was my mum that told me when I was very young that people with natural red hair are special and that we should be proud of who we are. I am proud to be a red head.

And I wear pink but I try not to when I have sun burn or else I look like an over done lobster :rotfl2:

On another note both DH and I are scottish and have been asked on a number of occasions if we know so and so from Edinburgh/Glasgow etc we live in Aberdeen about two/three hours from there so no we don't know your uncle/aunt/cousin and no we do not go around in kilts saying OCH AYE THE NOO!! :rotfl2: Plus many many many more.

I don't know if "cute" is the adjective I would apply. Whoever dressed that baby.....Pink on a redhead? Seriously?

IMO, ALL babies are cute and precious gifts.

I'm sorry for some of the rude comments you people have gotten.

I'm having WAY too much fun to notice what anyone's doing/wearing, to tell you the truth. And if you have the time to notice, then you need to plan better because you have too much free time in your itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter