Headscratching Comments from Others

Some people are high-heel cripples; their Achilles tendons have shortened up from too many years of wearing high heels. When this happens to you, you pretty much have no choice but to wear them if you're going to be on your feet for any length of time, because flats stretch the tendon very painfully.

That sounds like an appropriate sentence for a "crime of fashion".

I don't recall expressing the idea that ladies wear sundresses at all costs. I expressed the idea that ladies refrain from participating in uncomely behavior when they're wearing something that might leave them exposed. (Britney Spears and her panty-free self is an example of not behaving like a lady when wearing a skirt.) And attempting to insult me by remarking about mullet hate? :confused3 I've not mentioned one comment regarding your hair. You may like it that way. I thought it was an awful hairstyle even when it was popular.

And yes. I do have an opinion about redhaired people and pink. I haven't seen one yet that it looks good on, but that is my opinion. Obviously, the wearer of the article of clothing is the one who ulitimately decides if they like it or not.

This thread is full of lots of people's opinions. Not just mine. And not just yours.

It was a joke, relax.:rolleyes: I aware we all have differing opinions. I just thought the comment about the baby was a tad on the harsh side. My comment about the mullet was not any more harsh than your comment making fun of a baby and how it was dressed, IMO. And I do have an opinion on people who wear dresses even when they aren't called for..

If you dish it out, you need to be able to take it. ;)

Well apparently jean shorts (jorts) are still appropriate in Ohio. I took the kids to a children's museum today and saw plenty of them (even though it is not warm enough today for shorts period).

I just bought both of my kids several new pair for the summer just this past weekend.

Now today I saw several people dressed strangly -- most notably the little boy in grey sweatpants, brown sandals (no socks) and a purple PJ top -- he was about 5-6.

Hey you saw my son111:rotfl2::rotfl2: With 6 kids sometimes in a hurry we jump into the car. I know I checked them before we leave, I do! But we get in the truck and they have changed. It sounds like an outfit he wore tonight, grey sweats(they had Mickey on them does that count for something???), a blue t-shirt, white socks and aqua blue crocs. At least one of my older DD grabbed his sneakers!!! Since we had to be gone I couldn't change him,,,oh-well!!!

Some people are high-heel cripples; their Achilles tendons have shortened up from too many years of wearing high heels. When this happens to you, you pretty much have no choice but to wear them if you're going to be on your feet for any length of time, because flats stretch the tendon very painfully.

My mother was like that. She wore 4 inch heels to work as a salesclerk on her feet all day and said they were comfortable. Seldom wore less than a three inch heel.

After she had her first stroke, the drs told her to wear sneakers--couldnt walk at all. We put her in two inch heels (big square heels) and she did MUCH better.

Those heels MAY actually be comfortable shoes to some of those people wearing them.

Yeah, odd. I see people wearing denim shorts everywhere in Florida, not the cut offs, not the short kind, the below the knee length ones for guys. Like someone mentioned, must be a regional thing.

And what drives me crazy is the comments about my daughters hair...ever since she was about 2 yrs old her hair was real curly. And at least once a day while out in public someone would ask if it was naturally curly??? What did they think I permed it? Or I sat there and rolled/curled all her hair every day, a 2 yr old, really? Her hair has now lost some of the curl since it is longer/heavier, and I surely dont miss those silly questions!!:laughing:

LOL!!! I'm with you on the curly hair thing. My 2nd DS who is now 4.5 has had extremely curly hair since he was about 2 and I've also been asked if I've had it permed or if I curled his hair. :confused3 I'm thinking yeah, I took my 2 year old son to have his hair permed...or i sit him down every day and curl it for him. Ummmm...No, it's natural!!!

I am really starting to laugh at this thread... I think there are far more posts on "head scratching attire" than comments! :rotfl: And to add to it :rolleyes1, I just wanted to say that this whole shrinking of the achilles tendons does happen and happened to me. However, when it started I immediately became a flats only person because I was not going to wear heels my whole life! It was painful for about 3 weeks and then finally went away. So, even though I don't get the whole 'heels in WDW' thing, I sometimes get a little jealous that I can't wear them for even dressy occasions anymore!

As far as head scratching comments go, I am always a little shocked by (and feel sorry for) people who get frustrated at the fastpass lines for headliners like Soarin' or TSM. I have heard many frustrated parents say, "Forget this, we will come back later when this line is less busy." I have tried to stop a few people and tell them kindly that they might run out of FPs, but they always seem too ticked off to listen. :guilty:

since the thread has digressed from comments to attire, here is my head scratcher..

why is it that some fat women (not bashing overweight people, our household is obese) feel compelled to wear stretchy pants and belly shirts. these clothes were intended for skinny people. it's just plain disgusting to see on an overweight person. conversely, you don't see skinny people wearing mu-mu's

I planned my first trip last year and I had five friends going within six months of my trip. None of them researched much for their trip--only one of them bothered to even research ADRs and all were on DDP. BTW--they all thought I was crazy with my research, itinerary, touring plans, and maps!

One friend came home and told me she really wanted to eat at Le Cellier but the concierge couldn't get them an ADR all week! They ended up only being able to use three TS credits because they had made ZERO ADRs before going and told me not to bother getting the DDP because it was a waste of money.

My second friend (staying off-site) told me three months before her trip (this was when ADRs were 180 days) that she thought she would book the DDP and would call about a month before her trip to get CRT.

One friend came home and told me that she had no idea there was an attraction in the Tree of Life and waited for over an hour for EE--this was at 10 am. When I asked about FPs, she said that if she would have done that, she would have had to wait in line for 2-3 hours because of the return time.

Another friend told me that I better get park hoppers or I would be stuck going to only ONE park my entire trip because whichever park I chose to go to first would be the only one I could get into for our 10-day trip.

The last friend came home and told me that she doesn't know why we liked WDW so much because they hardly got to ride anything except from IASW and see a few shows! When I asked about FP, she told me that she wasn't going to "pay" extra for that perk!

I was speechless after each conversation and definitely scratched my head a few times!

This thread is best suited to the Theme Parks Community Board and as such I'll be moving this one there.

I planned my first trip last year and I had five friends going within six months of my trip....

...I was speechless after each conversation and definitely scratched my head a few times!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: OMG! We just had a friend call, they are going to be at WDW the same time we are (translate: Magic Kingdom...there aren't any other Disney parks sigh) And they plan on doing "WDW" on a early EMH day. They are staying off-site. The DH spend an hour on the phone with his friend trying to explain that they REALLY don't want to do MK on an EMH day if they are staying off site. Finally, they got it...so they are going to try to work with one of the days we are planning that park.

So...at the end of May if you see a family of 4 trying VERY hard to do the parks right with a family of 5 tagging along...I'll just say I am sooooo sorry. :)

I planned my first trip last year and I had five friends going within six months of my trip. None of them researched much for their trip--only one of them bothered to even research ADRs and all were on DDP. BTW--they all thought I was crazy with my research, itinerary, touring plans, and maps!

One friend came home and told me she really wanted to eat at Le Cellier but the concierge couldn't get them an ADR all week! They ended up only being able to use three TS credits because they had made ZERO ADRs before going and told me not to bother getting the DDP because it was a waste of money.

My second friend (staying off-site) told me three months before her trip (this was when ADRs were 180 days) that she thought she would book the DDP and would call about a month before her trip to get CRT.

One friend came home and told me that she had no idea there was an attraction in the Tree of Life and waited for over an hour for EE--this was at 10 am. When I asked about FPs, she said that if she would have done that, she would have had to wait in line for 2-3 hours because of the return time.

Another friend told me that I better get park hoppers or I would be stuck going to only ONE park my entire trip because whichever park I chose to go to first would be the only one I could get into for our 10-day trip.

The last friend came home and told me that she doesn't know why we liked WDW so much because they hardly got to ride anything except from IASW and see a few shows! When I asked about FP, she told me that she wasn't going to "pay" extra for that perk!

I was speechless after each conversation and definitely scratched my head a few times!

We need more guests like this!!:rotfl2:

We had some friends go and I asked them if they tried any new sit-down restaurants. The only one that came to mind to them was the sit-down restaurant at the American Adventure where they served good hamburgers.

This one came from a relative who said" We went to Disney last summer and it was way to crowded, this year we made plans to go for Christmas when its not crowded":scared1:

When I was at Disney on a band trip one of my friends had that great idea that you could see Ilmuatnations(sp) from the other side of spaceship earth. I was not with her at the time to tell her that all see would be able to see would be the smoke from the fireworks.:confused:

While one of the before mentioned friends was "planning" her trip, she said one of the funniest things I ever heard about WDW.

"I think I will find a nice shady place to have a cocktail in the WS while the kids 'run around' and ride the rides at Epcot. I will have them check-in with me every 30 minutes of so like they do at our local amusement park."

While one of the before mentioned friends was "planning" her trip, she said one of the funniest things I ever heard about WDW.

"I think I will find a nice shady place to have a cocktail in the WS while the kids 'run around' and ride the rides at Epcot. I will have them check-in with me every 30 minutes of so like they do at our local amusement park."

/facepalm

Oh Em Gee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter