The kids shop. There is one by Cinderella’s Castle I think? The ones with different princess dresses.

DD3 can’t do BBB but can still dress up and eat in the castle.
That shop was closed when we were there 7/25-8/8, but they had moved the princess dresses over to Sir Mickey's right across from the shop you're talking about.

Here now. Tuesday through yesterday = all great. Today? Well, Disney dropped the ball with increased capacity for the holiday weekend. No enforcement on masks, people eating and drinking in line. Lots of people not respecting social distancing. Lines are long, waits are miserable, and we got stuck in RotR queue for an hour with people who took their masks off.

Yep I agree. Loved the trip up until today...

Came back to the mssg about their strong recommendation that we take private transportation as they expect heavy crowds over the next several days. Came to the pool and had a lifeguard come to tell us how things worked snd also warned us about the calm before the storm and that it's going to be much busier over the next few days.

Curious if they're expecting it to be busy over the next several days or few days? Really hoping things will die down after Monday...

The kids shop. There is one by Cinderella’s Castle I think? The ones with different princess dresses.

DD3 can’t do BBB but can still dress up and eat in the castle.
Ah, BBB Is closed but Sir Mickey's Is open and they sell dresses and knight apparel. Also the emporium has dresses and some costumes now

Last edited:
Just went to the pool this morning at Old Keywest they are now checking room numbers and handing out wrist bands. Life guard said the pool is first come on the weekends. They also closed the second entrance to the pool. Everyone must check in at main entrance.
I am surprised they didn't leave a msg for you like they did for brockash about transportation. That would be terrible to come back from a hot day at the park to find out you were shut out of the pool. If you had a heads up you could adjust your plans accordingly.
It was announced a few days ago that Gaston's would be re-opening today (part of an announcement for other dining locations as well). I had assumed that would not be for just this weekend.
I have been keeping an eye open for notices about additional restaurant openings but missed this, thanks.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all were fantastic. So many short lines, people were following rules, cast members were on top of everything. It was just so different today.
Thank you, this has got to be such a difficult situation for the CM's going from the harder line stance and control vs the loss of control with larger crowds.
Came back to the mssg about their strong recommendation that we take private transportation as they expect heavy crowds over the next several days.
I find this interesting, guess it's an acknowledgement that they aren't prepared to handle the crowds they are expecting (as efficiently as guests would expect anyway or according to their standard). At least they are being proactive. I wasn't planning on any trips around the holidays, but this confirms I will want to avoid even minor holidays until they are fully functional whenever that is. Thanks for the update.

Curious if they're expecting it to be busy over the next several days or few days? Really hoping things will die down after Monday...
They are saying Friday to Monday would be very busy. If today is worse than yesterday. Well that will not be good. Mask compliance was down. Day started great, as day and heat went on started to see 80 to 85 %. Social distancing was hit or miss, some was just blatantly bad. I saw no correction of masks or spacing. In some cases Cast members were still trying to cram everyone in the lines like they used to. Dumbo was the worst. You have to make your own space and stay vigilant if it's important to you.

I am surprised they didn't leave a msg for you like they did for brockash about transportation. That would be terrible to come back from a hot day at the park to find out you were shut out of the pool. If you had a heads up you could adjust your plans accordingly.

I have been keeping an eye open for notices about additional restaurant openings but missed this, thanks.

Thank you, this has got to be such a difficult situation for the CM's going from the harder line stance and control vs the loss of control with larger crowds.

I find this interesting, guess it's an acknowledgement that they aren't prepared to handle the crowds they are expecting (as efficiently as guests would expect anyway or according to their standard). At least they are being proactive. I wasn't planning on any trips around the holidays, but this confirms I will want to avoid even minor holidays until they are fully functional whenever that is. Thanks for the update.

I would say yesterday that was true, at least to a point. It was funny to see the masking tape line markers come out etc for make shift lines and extensions for some rides.

For those who have been to HS recently, I'm curious as to the actual wait time for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. No matter wait time of day I put it into a touring apps plan, it's 70+ mins for an estimated wait time. I'm hoping this is because there's not enough data yet. How can it be 70+ mins at rope drop?
I know you posted this several pages back but...We went 2 weeks ago and ride twice. Didn’t wait more than 30 minutes either time. Posted wait times were 35 min (actually waited about 20) and and hr (didn’t time this one but it was about 20-30min). First ride at “rope drop” (before 10) and second around 4pm.
They start loading at 9:30 so if you get there right at 10, people have already gotten in line and it has already started running. We loaded at 9:55 and got off right at 10.

I know you posted this several pages back but...We went 2 weeks ago and ride twice. Didn’t wait more than 30 minutes either time. Posted wait times were 35 min (actually waited about 20) and and hr (didn’t time this one but it was about 20-30min). First ride at “rope drop” (before 10) and second around 4pm.
They start loading at 9:30 so if you get there right at 10, people have already gotten in line and it has already started running. We loaded at 9:55 and got off right at 10.
We rode it twice waited about 30, posted 35 or 25.

The lines on Thursday afternoon were long, based on what we have seen 60 minutes maybe expected.

I want to purchase some Disney masks while we are there, specifically the Haunted Mansion print and "The Child" ones, but not sure where I can get them. I want to get them before the MK and DHS park days so I can wash them in our room and then wear them at the parks. Our first day is at AK- has anyone seen them there? On our arrival evening we will be eating at GF and popping over to MK Guest Services to activate our tickets. Has anyone seen them in the GF gift shop, or is the gift shop right outside MK open and have them? TIA for any help!

I'm watching 2 livestreams this morning. One from EP and one from MK. A 3rd on from AK will start in 45 minutes.
The crowds at EP are increased but doesn't look unbearable. Yet, anyway.
For post-covid MK is packed. I would probably leave MK if I was there today.
We'll be there the week of Veterans day and since it's on a Wednesday I'm hoping it won't be this bad but park capacity could be increased by then as well. Luckily, Disney is letting you cancel up until the day before your trip. (I believe)

I'm watching 2 livestreams this morning. One from EP and one from MK. A 3rd on from AK will start in 45 minutes.
We'll be there the week of Veterans day and since it's on a Wednesday I'm hoping it won't be this bad but park capacity could be increased by then as well. Luckily, Disney is letting you cancel up until the day before your trip. (I believe)

Would you mind posting links to the live streams, please?

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the links. The AK one is dislyfeofours. Mousetalk is EP. Magicalnewslive is MK.
They're all on YouTube

How are they checking temperatures? Have y'all seen anyone turned away?

Here now World showcase is busy.... Reminds me of a normal day almost.

Attachments

• 20200905_125433.jpg
    20200905_125433.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 144
I want to purchase some Disney masks while we are there, specifically the Haunted Mansion print and "The Child" ones, but not sure where I can get them. I want to get them before the MK and DHS park days so I can wash them in our room and then wear them at the parks. Our first day is at AK- has anyone seen them there? On our arrival evening we will be eating at GF and popping over to MK Guest Services to activate our tickets. Has anyone seen them in the GF gift shop, or is the gift shop right outside MK open and have them? TIA for any help!

Make sure you have a backup plan even if you think these masks will be readily available. some people like the Disney masks but some people hate them. I found the elastic to be extremely uncomfortable.

I think mask advice for Disney should be like shoe advice: it’s a good idea to wear them at home and make sure they are comfortable before you plan to wear them in the parks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter