Hey Mickey You're So Fine but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Updated 1/7 Day 7 the end

Hope to have another update soon right now I am chasing after this little girl

Adorable!!!!!!! You are such a good rescue momma!

Love all your pictures of AK. I love seeing the variety of ducks there. They are all so beautiful and unique.

Nice picture of the entire dinosaur skeleton!

You did a great job capturing some small details. AK is just full of all those details and I love seeing them captured in pictures.

Too funny about the Myrtle Manor references! :rotfl:

I am not sure how I would like the bacon cupcake.

It was different but not bad. I wouldn't order it if I had a choice though.

OOH! The Fruishi looks good.

That was very good and I would order it if I could.

I would wait hours in line for the rose drink.

I know you would. :rotfl2:

Like the Yoda car.

I should have gotten the decal. I just couldn't figure out how to put it on my van.

You should have told him the weed can stay and you can go. I don’t like that neighbor.

The rumor in the neighborhood is that he plans on selling within the year. :cool1:

Nice pics in the butterfly house.

I love that butterfly exhibit. Wish I had more time there.

Kermie and Piggy are cute.

Two of my favorite muppets.

Love AKL. It is so pretty.

I was very happy staying there.

The breakfast looked good.

It was very good, and filling.

It is great how close it is to AK but I wish it had a walkway or something or a tram that over the savannah.

That would be cool. I would have used a walkway to get to AK.

Too bad you didn’t feel well after Dinosaur.

It was actually the first time that ever happened on the ride.

I love the trash cans too.'

It's just more of those interesting little details.

Kristel and R2 look good together. LOL.

She can get very silly with the hats. I am not there yet.
All caught up.

Good. I was beginning to think you had forgotten all about me.

Joining in a little late but intrested to hear more.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in.

I love your pictures of the toparys at Epcot. I just did not feel I had the time there that I wanted. I felt rushed and did not get to take my time and look at all the topary's. I totally missed the butterfly garden altogether. That will be first on my list when we go back, I would like to go around the same time so we can catch both the flower fest and star wars weekend.

The F&G can be overwhelming, especially doing it all in one day. I went by myself last year and spent 3 days in EPCOT and really enjoyed the nice, slow pace.

I love the butterfly house and really like to spend an hour in there at least. It's very relaxing to me. Sadly I had little time and a bunch of very rude children to contend with. I know they get excited but when I am set for a picture and a mother tells her child to go ahead and touch the butterfly I just spent all that time zooming in on because "I won't care. They are for the kids!" - yeah that mom was lucky I didn't go off on her. When I have more time it doesn't bother me as much.

Getting to see both Star Wars and F&G was awesome.

Adorable!!!!!!! You are such a good rescue momma!

Thanks. I know there are pups and kittens for sale but that's from irresponsible ownership or mills. My rescues are awesome and Chewie is so much fun. She is actually litter box trained in the house.

Love all your pictures of AK. I love seeing the variety of ducks there. They are all so beautiful and unique.

I would love to be able to ID them. They really are beautiful.

Nice picture of the entire dinosaur skeleton!

Thanks. That is one picture I have struggled with. Usually it is just a dark figure. I think it was early enough in the morning that I didn't have to fight the sun.

You did a great job capturing some small details. AK is just full of all those details and I love seeing them captured in pictures.

The details are amazing. When people say AK is a 1/2 day park I just shake my head. There are so many things to see there if you just slow down and take the time.

Too funny about the Myrtle Manor references! :rotfl:

I admit Myrtle Manor is a show I do love to watch. They just make me laugh and the last season was so funny. The trailer just seemed to fit the whole thing.

Nice update. Great day at AK so far, Dinosaur is fun, I remember when I went with DH in 2010, he decided for some reason he wanted to go on it (He usually is not a fan of the thrill rides) and I said, "sure it's a great ride", well it was much crazier than I remembered when I went on it in 1999 or 2000, I was in the front left and holding on for dear life!

Nice update. Great day at AK so far, Dinosaur is fun, I remember when I went with DH in 2010, he decided for some reason he wanted to go on it (He usually is not a fan of the thrill rides) and I said, "sure it's a great ride", well it was much crazier than I remembered when I went on it in 1999 or 2000, I was in the front left and holding on for dear life!

I can understand holding on for dear life. I can ride it and it's just bumpy then other times I really feel like we are running from the asteroid. I took my DGD on it in 2012 and she still says never again. We shall se.

Sorry I am so far behind but I have been having a rough couple of weeks. I have a neighbor who moved in about 4 years ago and he has made making my life miserable his personal mission. If any of you read my TR from August 2012 you will have read about him. He called animal control with a false report that time stating I abandoned my dog. Now he was in an accident and has tried to blame it on me. He also has a surveillance camera facing my car to get "proof" that I hit his car. My DH is giving him enough rope to hang himself so to speak. He's building a case with our insurance company's help for insurance fraud. It is stressful though. Last night he jumped out of hiding and scared me half to death. Seriously I was shaking for over an hour.

Add to this my DD has decided to get married finally. She has been with her fiancée for 13 years. They have 3 kids, a house and have been living together for 11 years. NOW she wants to get married. She has had a gown for 9 years when they first started planning the wedding. The gown doesn't fit. We did find another one and I'm hoping to sell the first one to recoup some of what I spent. I need to but a dress and I do not wear dresses.

She decided in late June early July that the wedding is August 9th - giving me 6 weeks to get ready. :crazy2: Thankfully it isn't going to be a big, crazy wedding.

I do have a couple of updates ready so they are coming in the next post.

As promised an update

Day 2 Part 3

We were done with Dinosaur and headed to Dinoland. I thought Kristel might like to ride Primeval Whirl but she passed. Of course I found more details to take pictures of

Even the rest room signs have cute little details

I love the AK. There are so many details that are overlooked. These were in a wall that was on the walkway around the exit to It’s Tough To Be A Bug.

We stopped at one of the carts to look at something and Kristel took a selfie to send to a friend. She likes to pose in hats, ears, Viking Helmets, me not so much. One of the other ways we complement each other. She gets me to do it every now and then. Not this trip.

Then I stopped for the obligatory picture of the Tree Of Life. Yes I have a few bazillion pictures of it, OK maybe more like 1 or 2 hundred but I can’t resist.

We forged onward and then I lost Kristel. I had stopped because I saw the most amusing sight. People were having things fall on them, stopping, looking around and quite a few missed the culprit.

This guy was in a tree eating something and dropping the shells on them. They were looking for something a little more disgusting. :lmao:

Anyway I found Kristel and we headed to our destination – the Pangani Exploration Trail.

I see you – an Okapi

He has a loooong tongue. I can see how he’s related to a giraffe. Then we came upon some birds. I am TERRIFIED of birds. Think running away screaming for your life afraid. Falling off of the scooter screaming and scaring Japanese tourists afraid. Yes that has happened and with Kristel. I am however absolutely fascinated trying to take pictures of birds. Maybe it’s the I can swat you away with my camera sense of bravado that comes over me, I don’t know, but I LOVE to take pictures of birds.

This was one of my favorites this trip – the Golden Taveta Weaver

An African Jicana

Then we found – TIMON

We watched them for awhile as they were really scurrying about. Then I found out why

It was feeding time.

We walked on and found my absolute favorites – the gorillas. I have loved watching gorillas for years. My son once had to do a summer writing project for school and his subject was the gorillas at our zoo.

Someone wasn’t happy

This guy just went away to pout

Kristel does not share my love of gorillas so we moved on. Now one thing being in the scooter is that I notice some interesting people. This outfit had me laughing

Really SHORT shorts, yes an interesting view as I passed, and boots in 90 degree weather. I would have been dying in the heat.

Another pretty view

FTBBQ seating area

And we reached our next destination. If you haven’t been able to guess we were in Asia at this point which means one thing – EE. I had booked the FP+ for here but told Kristel that I was not riding it. I banged my head pretty hard the last time I rode in December. Between the headache and my left leg going “dead” for a bit because of my back, I promised Jim I would not ride it anymore.

Kristel headed to the FP line and I found a nice sunny spot to get some rays and take pictures. I took a LOT of pictures of the drop. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. I spent about 15 minutes there taking pictures. It turned out that the FP+ line was really long but standby wasn’t so she went in the standby line. When she got off of the ride it was the opposite so she got in the FP line and rode again. Did I get her you ask?

Six rows down from the back on the right with her hands in the air

And 5 rows from the rear on the right. This was a much better picture

She was happy because she got to ride twice. I offered her my MB for a third ride but she was OK with two. I was happy because I actually managed to get her on the ride twice.

To be continued

And because I am so far behind another update

Day 2 Part 4

Kristel had gotten to ride EE 2 times and was happy so we moved on. I finally found

I’ll lose it again. I forget where things are. We decided to go on a trek since we were in the area.

The Komodo Dragon was hiding

Glad they warned me

Found some birds

Found a tiger, on a trashcan

I do not like the bats so this was as close as I wanted to be. And looking at it this bat is a little creepy

Found the tigers, except this time as a mural

Finally the tiger. Not sure what I have to beware of, they are never awake

I do love the murals

Some deer or at least they look like deer of some sort

Another animal

This one posed

Native wildlife – a lizard

Another mural

One of my favorite birds – the cardinal

Being a little crazy runs in my family. My dad thinks he was an Indian or something in a former life. One thing he always asks for is antlers. He seems to think I will just see them lying around and can bring some home for him.

This is the best that I can do

I did ask the CM there if I could have them and explained the story to her. She got a laugh out of it and politely declined my request. Then we came upon the birds. Kristle tweeted or something while I got some pictures.

A female Nicobar pigeon on a nest

I think this is the Wampoo Fruit Dove

Metallic Starling

Victoria Crowned Pigeon

I love taking pictures of the birds as long as they stay away from me.

And I’ll stop here as our next stop was the safari and that will be a little picture heavy.

Sounds like fun. Not sure if I could do EE twice in a row. I loved it, but it's a bit intense... Loving all the bird pictures.

Sounds like fun. Not sure if I could do EE twice in a row. I loved it, but it's a bit intense... Loving all the bird pictures.

I had fun. Kristel enjoyed EE twice but even though single rider line was a walk on she passed on a third time.

Thanks, I hate birds but I do LOVE taking pictures of them.

I am working on an update but Flickr is not letting me access the codes to share. It took me 3 hours this morning just to get half an update written in word. Hopefully by the end of the day. I want to get this moving so I can concentrate on my cruise.

Lorrie, I'm so sorry I missed these updates (not sure how that happened...I thought I'd caught up on all of my subscriptions before I did my updates); please forgive me.

I'm with you, I love the AK for all the little details...much of which people miss. I want to try to capture more of that in September.

Great pictures of all the different birds. And I'm impressed you knew what kind they are.

I'm also in agreement with you on the bats...can't stand the things.

Yes, everytime we are there, the tigers are always sleeping.

How nice that your friend got to ride EE twice. I did it once in June and it will definitely be my last time ever.

I missed that update but caught up now. The pagani forest is one of my favorite things to do at AK. I have not and never will ride EE, :rotfl:, just not my thing. Andrew calls it the Ahhhhh ride because when you ride it you scream Ahhhhhh, lol.

Again, your pictures are so great! I'm really loving them, and especially the Flower and Garden shots.

Those scones sound good but I bet they would be much better with the berries. We skipped the Buttercup Cottage stand when we did F&G because we had reservations at the Rose and Crown that night, so we figured we would get our share of British food later!

Sorry you lost some files, I know how frustrating that is. My hard drive just crashed and I lost most of my stuff from the last year! I was bad about backing stuff up and now I'm paying for it.

I love seeing all of your pics of AKL! Even though we won't be buying DVC for awhile, when we do it will be at AKL, so I already kind of think of that as my "home" :)

I love the Disney trash cans too! And I know we're not the only one, now that Disney is producing those trash can salt and pepper shakers. There must be other fans!

Your photos of AK just show why I love that park so much - the animals and the great details everywhere!

Lorrie, I'm so sorry I missed these updates (not sure how that happened...I thought I'd caught up on all of my subscriptions before I did my updates); please forgive me.

It happens. I miss updates because I forget to subscribe an then forget what TR's I'm reading.

I'm with you, I love the AK for all the little details...much of which people miss. I want to try to capture more of that in September.

I think slow down and just look is the message my kids were always trying to give me as they grew up. The message has sunk in and I appreciate all the little things I missed.

Great pictures of all the different birds. And I'm impressed you knew what kind they are.

I like to learn even at my age so I take pictures of the ID guide and now know a few of the birds by name.

I'm also in agreement with you on the bats...can't stand the things.

The are creepy. One of the funniest stories from my childhood was when a bat go into my parents bedroom. My mom was freaking out and my dad and oldest brother were trying to catch it clad only in their underwear. My dad would NOT kill it so it had to be captured alive to be set free. I think they should have at least put some pants on first to go after the thing. But yep, creep me out.

Yes, everytime we are there, the tigers are always sleeping.

It's cats in general. All they do is sleep. :lmao:

How nice that your friend got to ride EE twice. I did it once in June and it will definitely be my last time ever.

She definitely had fun. I enjoyed my alone time taking pictures. It worked for both of us. I was very impressed with myself that I actually got her on the ride both times.

I missed that update but caught up now. The pagani forest is one of my favorite things to do at AK. I have not and never will ride EE, :rotfl:, just not my thing. Andrew calls it the Ahhhhh ride because when you ride it you scream Ahhhhhh, lol.

I just love AK. It's definitely not a half day park to me. I rode EE for the last time in December and did not miss it in the least on this trip. My head thanked me. That's too cute about Andrew calling it the Ahhhhhh ride. Do you think he will ride it when he's big enough?

Again, your pictures are so great! I'm really loving them, and especially the Flower and Garden shots.

Thanks. I have been so over critical of the pictures so it's nice to get a different perspective.

Those scones sound good but I bet they would be much better with the berries. We skipped the Buttercup Cottage stand when we did F&G because we had reservations at the Rose and Crown that night, so we figured we would get our share of British food later!

I was actually going to take the scones back to the room for breakfast the next day but couldn't resist them. They were very good. I do like Rose and Crown though. I haven't had a bad meal there yet.

Sorry you lost some files, I know how frustrating that is. My hard drive just crashed and I lost most of my stuff from the last year! I was bad about backing stuff up and now I'm paying for it.

That happened to me last year. I lost all the pictures from the summer and 2 very important days - nursery school graduation and dance recital. I need to get it to Staples or Office Max though. They told me they might be able to get my pictures. I do need to back up all my pics on this computer. Just haven't figured out how to get them to the external hard drive. Think my future SIL will be helping with that after the wedding next week.

I love seeing all of your pics of AKL! Even though we won't be buying DVC for awhile, when we do it will be at AKL, so I already kind of think of that as my "home" :)

My grandson has promised to buy me my own room at Disney right after he signs his pro baseball contract. I told him a DVC membership that will let me take a couple trips a year will work. AKL would definitely be on the list. Of course I also tell him that if he ever makes the pros he really owes me nothing. He did make me promise no more Disney trips during baseball season though. He's almost 16 and he likes me to go to the games. I can't ask for more than that.

I love the Disney trash cans too! And I know we're not the only one, now that Disney is producing those trash can salt and pepper shakers. There must be other fans!

Trash can salt and pepper shakers??? I missed them. Something new t collect

Your photos of AK just show why I love that park so much - the animals and the great details everywhere!

I definitely love that park. It is really so much fun just to explore.

I hope everyone reading along is still there. Comment once in awhile, I get lonely.

Sorry this has been going slower than expected but it's been a busy summer. Add to that Flickr has been causing me to pull my hair out. I think I have finally solved the Flickr issue.

The biggest slow down is that my daughter finally decided to get married. Only she gave me 5 weeks and it has been hectic. Her gown we bought NINE years and 3 kids ago doesn't fit so that meant finding a new one, not my choice. Had to find tuxes for my DH, the groom and their DS. Dresses for their daughters. AND plan a small reception of some sort. The biggest hurdle is finding me something to wear. She said go as I ant my mother insists I HAVE to have a dress. One week to go and I'm still looking.

Anyway on with this trip.

Day 2 Part 5

We were now heading on to the safari. I think this may be one of my favorite rides.

Entering the reserve
[url]

Found an Okapi
[url=https://flic.kr/p/nUKsea]

A tired Rhino

Something hiding in the bushes. I think it's called a Bongo.

Hippo. I take pics of them every safari even though I have gotten much better pics of hippos at the Philadelphia zoo

I know this bird was by the hippos. I was amazed at how well it turned out considering we were moving

I swear the crocs look like they are laughing at us. “I see you people up there.”

This next picture will have you scratching your heads, I know it will and it’s OK. We had hit a dull spot with no animals. I saw a butterfly. Now a flying butterfly and a moving safari vehicle, what was I thinking. I actually managed to get the butterfly. If you look closely to the right of the tree you will see a white spot, that’s the butterfly. Trust me it’s there.

OK a real animal – I’m going with an Eland. And yes I have the names all written down I just can’t find the paper.

Giraffe

Wildebeest

Thompson’s Gazelle

Ankole Cattle

This is for my granddaughter. She swears I only take animal butt pictures. I am thinking of making a book for her - Butts of the Animal Kingdom

Mandrill

Better elephant

Flamingoes – I swear we have much more colorful ones at our zoo. They must eat pinker food

Rhinos – this was a favorite pic on this safari

The mighty King – of the jungle anyway and asleep as usual

The sleeping warthog

Sable Antelope

Zebra and Rhino

And the Addax

As always the safari was worth the time. It is absolutely one of my favorite attractions. But at this point I was becoming a bit cranky. It was around 1 PM and I was starving. Kristel was getting hungry too so we went off on another safari – the one searching for food.

I am still here :wave2: I love the safari, I can never get pictures of the hippo or the lions. I still have to get to the Philly zoo because Emily loves hippos.

I am still here :wave2: I love the safari, I can never get pictures of the hippo or the lions. I still have to get to the Philly zoo because Emily loves hippos.

The hippos are tough and the lions are always sleeping out on some remote rock. I can understand having problem with them.

Any time you want to come down to the zoo let me know. I have a membership and can get 2 guests in with me. It also includes all the extras like the camel and pony rides.

Day 2 Part 6

We had finished our safari and were now on a personal one – for food. We headed out of Africa and I actually found the pathway Jim and I discovered in December. I suggested we head that way. Kristel actually remembered going down that way with Doug so off we went.

We found some birds that looked like they were having a private conversation

I had pics on Flickr for this update but since I am having problems with that site and switched to photobucket I didn’t add them. Let’s just say I found a new carving in the TOL and a waterfall. I love waterfalls when I don’t have to drive up into the mountains and then hike to see them, so much easier on my knees and ankle.

Anyway the trail we were on takes you out right next to Flame Tree BBQ which was our destination. For some reason we ordered separately and Kristel got her food first. She then headed to the little area that overlooks the water and onto EE. This left me getting my food and joining her. You need to remember I am on an ECV and AK does NOT use lids on their drinks. The roads are also bumpy, VERY BUMPY.

I got my tray and managed to get out of the food area. Not an easy feat as I was blocked in. The Iced Tea was in the cup holder, the tray was balanced in one hand and I used the other to drive. I hit a bump, tea splashed everywhere. I hit another bump and almost lost the tray. OK need to regroup. I took the food and put it in the basket and the tray went under my arm. I was thirsty so I drank some of the tea to lessen the amount in the cup and tried to hold the cup. I moved on and hit another bump. More tea on my foot and my mousse fell over. That definitely didn’t work so I just put the cup back in the holder and moved really slowly.

After what seemed like an eternity I finally found a place to park the scooter and made it to the table. My Iced Tea mostly made it and my food looked like this

Most of it survived. And it tasted good so that was all that matters. The chocolate mousse was very thin, as in drink it with a straw thin. I love the pulled pork sandwich though. Kristel had the same thing although she likes the Key Lime Mousse and a Diet Coke. When she looked at the result of my getting there she asked why I didn’t ask for help. I don’t ask for help, EVER! It’s a bad personality trait I know. She was also nowhere to be found.
While we were eating Kristel said she wanted to head back to the room to relax. I was OK with that so off we went. My Iced Tea was in my water bottle so no more soggy toes.

When we got back to the AK I found some native wildlife

A lizard in the bus stop area.

Found some more light fixtures

And took a picture of the chair on the balcony

After an hour I was going stir crazy. Another bad character flaw – I cannot relax. Kristel was freshened up and relaxed enough to head out so we were off. But where were we headed???

Coming up in the next update if this has worked.

I have not seen any of those details at AK.
You and Vinny can run form birds together. LOL.
Nice pics of her on EE.
Was that when I got the text from kristel about the bird? Not sure what day it was.
Nice walking tour of the animals.
Nice safari you had and great pics. Love the lion pic.
Ask her to help next time.
Caught up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter