High School Class Reunion

I went to my 10 and to my 30. I missed my 20 because I was in California and I just didn't have the money to fly myself and 3 girls home. And I did NOT want to drive all the way to Texas by myself( my husband was out on a 4 week deployment). Plus we had made plans to go to Disneyland that same month( one reason funds were low) and sorry, family time comes first. One of my friends was livid that I wasn't coming home.
At this point I don't really care to go. I keep in touch with my group pretty regularly so no need to see others. And the few that I would want to see don't go either :)
Our home town does have an "all class" reunion every June in the local park. Maybe one year I'll get my sister and we'll have a go at it :)

I graduated in 1982. We have a reunion every 5 years...on the 10's its in a hall (DJ, open bar and nice buffet dinner), pre paid tickets only. No walk ins. on the 5's we have it in a bar -no host - pay your own way. I run the reunions and one guy who's done nicely for himself, pays for the food at the events on the 5's. When the invites go out, a week after that he already mailed me the check for food and incidentals.

Small school - our class had maybe 250. we get about 100-150. tight knit neighborhood.

We had a 5, a 10, and I think a 20th. I still live in the same town, but I did not attend any of them. 2017 should have been our 25th, but the woman who is supposed to organize it lost both of her parents within a month of each other, then she herself needed major surgery, so she didn't bother. I have to wonder if there will be any discussion of a 30th in 3 years...we have a class page on FB that sees maybe one post a year (i.e. nobody seems interested). Honestly, a lot of people have commented that FB has made class reunions obsolete. People stay in touch with whom they want to stay in touch.

Three years ago, our high school closed after only 45 years. The town organized a photo, getting together alumni - anybody interested - from the all of the previous classes. A friend and I went to represent our year. There were maybe 10 of us total from our graduating class of 248 who showed up. We overheard someone jokingly comment that this was the reunion to end all reunions :)

I think the appeal of class reunions has suffered a bit with the advent of Facebook and other social media. Since I already know what many of my former classmates are up to now, its not as exciting to see them in person to catch up.

That said, my situation is a little unique as I went to a 100 year old all girls private high school with a deep history. Every class has a reunion every 5 years, and its combined into large event with other classes at a party house with open bar. I just attended my 15 year reunion, and it was fun to celebrate the ladies in attendance who were there for their 50th and 60th reunions. Many former teachers attend as well, so its fun to catch up with them. For each class's first reunion at 5 years, they get to open the time capsule that they created during their senior year which is a cool experience. I have fond memories of high school and since there's a lot of history and nostalgia attached to our school, reliving it is fun for a night.

I was homeschooled, so it is a reunion everyday! :rotfl2: I tried to convince DH to go to his reunion. He refused. The acting program I graduated from had a reunion a few years ago. As I basically can't stand most people from that program, I stayed home.

47 years this year, the school I graduated from always has their reunion on Memorial day weekend. We camp with the the kids and grandkids on that weekend. The last planned reunion, my DW asked if I was going, I said, "Let's see, camp with the grandkids and have a good time or go to a reunion where I don't care about anybody that's there? Tough decision, LOL" It't funny how people change after years out of high school, we had a classmate die a couple years ago from a stroke, one person commented on how nice a person she was and how godly she was, uh, this from the same person that probably didn't say 3 words to her during high school because she wasn't in the same "class" as you think you were? Good reason I don't go the reunions.

I went to my 5th and my 20th. 5th was interesting just because I was just another kid in High School, but I was working on a TV show and I was amazed how many people saw my name in the credits and knew not only what I was doing, but that I had graduated from College in 4 years, something a lot of them hadn't done.

40th was the first time no reunion was organized and I was all set to go.

Since I within 6 miles of my high school, travel is not an issue.

Last month was my 40th College graduation anniversary. They have a reunion planned in the fall, not sure if I will go. It is 50 miles from where I live so it is doable.

I skipped all until my 35th.. glad i went but don't expect to go to another one..

I moved to another state after graduation and never looked back. I know they have had reunions but I found out after the fact. I have no interest in going.

I do go to my high school reunions. I live about 25 miles from where I grew up, and very rarely see anyone in person. I figure one night every 5 years is a pretty reasonable amount of time, even though I'm introverted.

Last week I went to my first college reunion (30 years), college is about 100 miles from where I grew up. That was a blast, I had way more fun at that than I did at my high school reunions, but I loved college a lot more than high school, so that's not surprising. I'll definitely be going to my 35th reunion in 5 years.

Someone put together an amazing website for my High School. Every class for 40 years has the list of who was in the class posted. And every yearbook fro 40 years was scanned and posted there. The lady from my class who manages our page updates it several times a year. Most everyone in my class is, or will be 62 this year. There are a lot of names with "Deceased" next to them.

Next year will by my 50th high school reunion. I've already received info on the event. I did not attend any of the previous events, but I recently reconnected with my closest friends from high school on Facebook. If they decided to attend, I'd go. It would be nice seeing them again. Otherwise, I have no interest.

Yes. Not only have I been to every one, I'm always on the organizing committee. This year for our 30th, we've teamed up with the vocational high school in town and we're having a dual reunion. People from both schools are on the committee. We all went to the same middle school and so thought it would be fun. This one is going to be pretty casual. It's at the local Elks club. We'll have some sort of food, but not sure what yet. A guy in our class has already offered to be the dj. We usually get about 40% of our class to go with all different groups of friends represented. I remember for our 5th, we had formal invitations that we mailed to everyone. Now we have a facebook page and that's where all information is.

I have never gone to any - 2020 will be my 25th. I do not even know if they've had one every 5 years or not. I do not have Facebook and it seems to be all organized through that in recent years. I live in the same town. I see a ton of people from high school at my kid's sports games. A lot of us still live here and have kids around the same age.

Our class only does 10 year reunions. My high school experience was good, but I skipped my 10 year reunion because I was 8 months along with a high risk pregnancy and I live 2 states away.

I doubt I'll go to any future reunions. I have kept up with the people I care to know.

We've only had a 10th and 25th reunion. I attended both and had a great time.

I went to my 30th. Despite never living more than 14 miles from my HS, it was a great chance to reconnect with people who were friends, but not CLOSE friends in HS. Some people I didn’t associate with in HS have cleaned up their act and have similar interests to me now - ditto for many who just weren’t in many classes or part of my “close” circle back then. I’m still in touch with my core group of childhood friends, but we’re all in different places in life, particularly as they all had kids much younger than did I. So, it was great being able to expand that circle. 30th reunion was 2015, and I’d guess I’ve had at least 40 or 50 get togethers with people we we reconnected with via the reunion - most recently last night. Will be seeing another old friend tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter