Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog! LINK TO TRIP REPORT!!!

so no appetizers at all now?

I won't miss the chicken wings but did enjoy the pot stickers. One of our meats was dry, the pork and I swear we didn't get turkey.

Interesting. We did really enjoy it but it is pricey. I do have to say, as much as I LOVE the food at Kona, there isn't the ambiance you have at Ohana. It's like going to a restaurant anywhere. With great food..and mediocre service. Max is such a good age for Ohana I'd probably stick with it but....tough call.

Hey...did I see 6 things for MK, creatively beaking that day into 2 parts? :rotfl:

Love your "threes". looks very doable! And it's not really my idea, I'm just copying Heidi (Mrypppns)

I am so bummed about Ohana! I know for me the best part of our meal were the aps and dessert. The meat was just ok. At least the salad and noodles are still there. I don't know...really, I did enjoy the atmosphere so I still may want to go there. For Max, there are the activities they do...and for him...I bet the meal will still be a success. They did replace the missing items...so maybe those items will be good as well.

I love your 3 items! With pics no less!!!! :thumbsup2 I may have to copy you and do that on my PTR... in 9 months or so. ;)

keep in mind, the rumors are conflicting. Also, they still have the bread pudding for dessert! BUT, I think if you do decide to drop it, that you go with Kona. Food looks great, and you still get to walk the Poly grounds, an experience in itself!

I am soooo bummed to hear that news! I just made ADRs for our March trip with my sisters at Ohana and now I'm kinda iffy about it! I guess we will go to Kona Cafe...or maybe go to someplace else entirely. Those were the favorite parts of the meal for me!

Do you know if it's official that they changed the menu or is it only a rumor? Do they have something in place of those 2 apps?

:welcome: and thanks for adding your two cents. I have heard from many, many people that the appetizers were the best part of the meal at 'Ohana, which is why taking them away is making me seriously reconsider going there for dinner. We are having breakfast at CP once already and I'm looking for another TS dinner. I can't get a dinner ADR at CP, so I'm leaning towards Tony's, just because it would mean we could spend more time in the parks that evening.

HA!! I guess I should've introduced myself first! :rotfl: Breakfast at CP was fun, especially if you get in before the park opens!! Great pic op (as others have probably mentioned)!

I read the thread about Ohana and got really bummed out. The potstickets and wings(along with the dessert) were my favorite part. I would give it a few days to find out if they are actually gone. There was someone there yesterday who reported that the said changes haven't happened. If they do happen I would cancel and maybe try Kona.

I really like the idea of picking three things that you have to do. I am going to try something similar so that I don't get disappointed when I miss stuff.

Luckily you have another day off to think about what to do:banana:

Well, if the thread about 'Ohana taught me anything, its that no one really knows for sure and it seems to just be an unfounded rumor at this point.

so no appetizers at all now?

I won't miss the chicken wings but did enjoy the pot stickers. One of our meats was dry, the pork and I swear we didn't get turkey.

Interesting. We did really enjoy it but it is pricey. I do have to say, as much as I LOVE the food at Kona, there isn't the ambiance you have at Ohana. It's like going to a restaurant anywhere. With great food..and mediocre service. Max is such a good age for Ohana I'd probably stick with it but....tough call.

Hey...did I see 6 things for MK, creatively beaking that day into 2 parts? :rotfl:

You have a good point about Kona...and yes, I did break the day into two parts. It just worked out that way! :rotfl:

Love your "threes". looks very doable! And it's not really my idea, I'm just copying Heidi (Mrypppns)

You have a good point about Kona...and yes, I did break the day into two parts. It just worked out that way! :rotfl:

I am so bummed about Ohana! I know for me the best part of our meal were the aps and dessert. The meat was just ok. At least the salad and noodles are still there. I don't know...really, I did enjoy the atmosphere so I still may want to go there. For Max, there are the activities they do...and for him...I bet the meal will still be a success. They did replace the missing items...so maybe those items will be good as well.

I love your 3 items! With pics no less!!!! :thumbsup2 I may have to copy you and do that on my PTR... in 9 months or so. ;)

Again, it wasn't my idea.... :rotfl: And I am hoping that the rumors about 'Ohana are just that...rumors.

keep in mind, the rumors are conflicting. Also, they still have the bread pudding for dessert! BUT, I think if you do decide to drop it, that you go with Kona. Food looks great, and you still get to walk the Poly grounds, an experience in itself!

Thanks for the advice. I subbed to that same thread and we'll see...

I am soooo bummed to hear that news! I just made ADRs for our March trip with my sisters at Ohana and now I'm kinda iffy about it! I guess we will go to Kona Cafe...or maybe go to someplace else entirely. Those were the favorite parts of the meal for me!

Do you know if it's official that they changed the menu or is it only a rumor? Do they have something in place of those 2 apps?

Its just a rumor and it seems, for now, that Allears published a menu that lacked the apps, but folks who've been there recently say that the menu is the same. There's a thread about it on the restaurant board, if you want to check it out and follow the rumor along.

HA!! I guess I should've introduced myself first! :rotfl: Breakfast at CP was fun, especially if you get in before the park opens!! Great pic op (as others have probably mentioned)!

Thanks!

Bottom line is that I think if turns out to be true, and it looks like it isn't, we'll do Tony's, so we'll already be right at MK.

I will be sad if they really are getting rid of those things! We ate at 'Ohana in Dec with my son and our experience wasn't great, but we are chalking that up to a fluke. However without the dumplings or chicken, the meal would have been a tragedy! I do know they have kids options... but if you do that you might as well eat somewhere else... Since my experience there I have read several less than favorable reviews, but I know people also love the atmosphere... I guess I'm not much help! Lol. My review of 'Ohana is in my TR if you want to check it out... (shamless plug, I know)

And it has been so incredibly helpful to be able to read a TR from someone like you with a son like Henry. :thumbsup2

That's so kind- thank you! I'm glad my TR has helped!!

We are meeting MickeyNicki and Dizneeat for breakfast at Cape May the next morning. I cannot believe that this happening! :thumbsup2 I knew I would meet Karin and Tom and I was really looking forward to that....but now we get to meet Nicki and her husband, too? Seriously? Wow. Talk about some major pixiedust:!

A Cape May DISMeet - that will be AWESOME! :dance3:

So, I just read that 'Ohana has changed their menu...again. No more potstickers! I like meat on skewers as much as the next person...OK, so I probably don't... but taking away the chicken wings and potstickers makes it seem like you're paying the same amount for less.

So, I really would like to do dinner at the Poly and its also a priority to hit MK that night, here are my options:

1. Stick with 'Ohana because Max will still probably (maybe...he's three and a half, so who knows??) enjoy it, despite the fact that potstickers are among his favorite foods.

2. Go to Kona, where the food will most likely be a lot better.

3. Try the Crystal Palace for dinner.

4. Just do CS at MK somewhere...

Grrr....

Thoughts??

Say wha?!??! I truly hope that is not a fact! I looooooved the potstickers the one time we ate there. We too debated on adding it for this trip because we knew Henry would enjoy some of the activities (we went previously when he was too young), but we opted for Kona instead. We'll hit 'Ohana next trip...I sure hope they don't change anything!

Kona has potstickers, but is not the same experience. Atmosphere is lacking there....'Ohana is a ton of fun....tough call. I'd wait to see if the rumor pans out before changing anything, but perhaps book something else if you want a TS-just to be safe. You can always cancel it later.

I try not to pick a restaurant unless I like a fair amount of the menu because you never know. If you're going to a restaurant just for one favorite item, they could even be temporarily out of it even though they still include it on the menu. You just never know. I always like to make sure there's back-up. If you find the potsticker and chicken wing rumor to be true, they'll probably replace them with something else that may even be better. Sometimes you try something new and you end up happier than if you'd gotten what you thought you wanted. That's happened to us quite a few times. I'm very picky, so I tend to repeatedly order the same things. Sometimes it takes a menu change for me to try something else.

We ate at Kona during our last Disney trip. And I use the term WE loosely. I had come down with the 24 hour flu:sick: after our first day (at EPCOT). I was in bed all day on our first MK day, and I didn't feel much better when we had our ADR that night for Kona. My sister got the coconut almond chicken, which was my original reason for making the ADR in the first place! :sad2: I ended up asking for chicken noodle soup, which used to be on the menu, but isn't listed anymore, except for the children's menu. They brought me a nice bowl, and even brought me more broth when I asked. It was very good... but so disappointing that that is all I could eat. The rest of the family was very pleased with their meals and dessert. I don't think you could go wrong there. It wasn't crowded or noisy when we arrived because it was 5:00pm, but as we finished up it was getting busier.

Something amazing has happened in the last twenty four hours...my ticker is under two weeks! Two weeks and six days, to be exact! Tomorrow...we're in the TEENS! Hard to believe. Of course, in the meantime, I have a crazy few weeks at school to get through. Everyone is going nuts about the upcoming state testing amidst all the snow days...and it looks like we could have at least another one, if not two, this week! And this is all I have to say about that: :lmao: Because what else can you do, really? I can't control the weather.

I will be sad if they really are getting rid of those things! We ate at 'Ohana in Dec with my son and our experience wasn't great, but we are chalking that up to a fluke. However without the dumplings or chicken, the meal would have been a tragedy! I do know they have kids options... but if you do that you might as well eat somewhere else... Since my experience there I have read several less than favorable reviews, but I know people also love the atmosphere... I guess I'm not much help! Lol. My review of 'Ohana is in my TR if you want to check it out... (shamless plug, I know)

Well, it does sound like the 'Ohana rumors were just that...rumors! So, I think we're fine. I'm looking forward ot it. And I will definitely go and check out your TR.

That's so kind- thank you! I'm glad my TR has helped!!

A Cape May DISMeet - that will be AWESOME! :dance3:

Say wha?!??! I truly hope that is not a fact! I looooooved the potstickers the one time we ate there. We too debated on adding it for this trip because we knew Henry would enjoy some of the activities (we went previously when he was too young), but we opted for Kona instead. We'll hit 'Ohana next trip...I sure hope they don't change anything!

Kona has potstickers, but is not the same experience. Atmosphere is lacking there....'Ohana is a ton of fun....tough call. I'd wait to see if the rumor pans out before changing anything, but perhaps book something else if you want a TS-just to be safe. You can always cancel it later.

I'm so super excited for my Dismeet! This trip is going to be amazing. Truly.

Oh, I forgot to say - loved your Top 10 and your 3 Things lists!!

Thank you!

I try not to pick a restaurant unless I like a fair amount of the menu because you never know. If you're going to a restaurant just for one favorite item, they could even be temporarily out of it even though they still include it on the menu. You just never know. I always like to make sure there's back-up. If you find the potsticker and chicken wing rumor to be true, they'll probably replace them with something else that may even be better. Sometimes you try something new and you end up happier than if you'd gotten what you thought you wanted. That's happened to us quite a few times. I'm very picky, so I tend to repeatedly order the same things. Sometimes it takes a menu change for me to try something else.

We ate at Kona during our last Disney trip. And I use the term WE loosely. I had come down with the 24 hour flu:sick: after our first day (at EPCOT). I was in bed all day on our first MK day, and I didn't feel much better when we had our ADR that night for Kona. My sister got the coconut almond chicken, which was my original reason for making the ADR in the first place! :sad2: I ended up asking for chicken noodle soup, which used to be on the menu, but isn't listed anymore, except for the children's menu. They brought me a nice bowl, and even brought me more broth when I asked. It was very good... but so disappointing that that is all I could eat. The rest of the family was very pleased with their meals and dessert. I don't think you could go wrong there. It wasn't crowded or noisy when we arrived because it was 5:00pm, but as we finished up it was getting busier.

Well, I have to say that I agree with you, but at a place with a menu as limited as the one at 'Ohana, if you take out a couple things, it really does change things.

Luckily, I have a back-up plan in place, as well. But it looks like I won't need it! :thumbsup2

If anyone would be able to tell me how to do the cool table of contents links that would be great. Please PM! Thanks! :thumbsup2

I am a bit behind in reading, but reading along just the same. I just figured this out last night so thought I'd share how to do the table of contents. Might be too late for your PTR, but you can use it for your TR!

1. Open notepad on your pc. you will need a place to copy & paste text & word will make links of everything.

2. find the start of your report, click it, copy the URL from the browser window & paste it in notepad. This should be the main link to your report. It will look like this: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542 (this is your PTR now)

3. go to your report, and in notepad, write down the title of each main post. (copy/paste!)

4. THis you will do for each entry: click on the "quote" button for your entry. when you do, you will see in in the QUOTE bracket the post number - copy it and paste it into word (note I changed the brackets here so that the board would not read it as a quote insert)
{QUOTE=tinacaplan;37192896}]If anyone would be able to tell me how to do the cool table of contents links that would be great. Please PM! Thanks! :thumbsup2 { /QUOTE}

this is the number of your post. You will need to add this to the end of your main entry's link and then use that as a link to insert the link

do all of this in notepad so you don't lose your mind. then copy * paste into the board & fix up your links.

here's the start of what it will look like for you

your notepad file:

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog...Doing the Hot Dog Dance All the Way to CSR!! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542
Who are we? 36681952
talking with Mom About my Dad 36706637

link to posts = main post link + "&p=" + the post number

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542 add &p= then add the post number for your post
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542&p=36681952

so your note pad file now:

Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog...Doing the Hot Dog Dance All the Way to CSR!! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542
Who are we? http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542&p=36681952
talking with Mom About my Dad http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36664542&p=36706637

copy & paste into your message

cut the link off of the end of each line
highlight the title
use the link icon on the board & paste the link you cut into the window

sorry i see this is huge but hope it helps!
looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR & your TR when you are done!!

Tina- I hope this helps you. If you have any problems PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

1) click on the post # of the page you'd like to link. When the second page opens up 2)You need to copy the webpage by highlighing it and copying it(right click)

Chapterlinks1-1.jpg

After you copy the link, go back to you other open page. Click 'Reply to thread' or 'Edit post' (like the first post of your thread to add a table of contents) and click on this:

5397337796_4bdb53719d.jpg

A box will open up that says {Please enter the URL of your link:} Erase the http and right click in the box. Choose paste. Your copied link will appear in the box. Click OK.

Your Respond to Thread page will look like this:

Chapterlinks3.jpg

It will show your link 2 times... notice the one that is greyed out? You can change the grayed area to say what ever you like. Example

[ URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2612368" ][ SIZE="3" ][ COLOR="Red" ]Click HERE for Juliana's Trip Report![ /COLOR ][ /SIZE ] [ /URL ]

(I added spaces to you can see what the text will look like)

Without the spaces it will look like a link :

Click HERE for Juliana's Trip Report!

Here is what it looks like when you make your own links- taken from my Table of Contents:

Chapterlinks4.jpg

I hope this helps... if not PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

I am a bit behind in reading, but reading along just the same. I just figured this out last night so thought I'd share how to do the table of contents. Might be too late for your PTR, but you can use it for your TR!

sorry i see this is huge but hope it helps!
looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR & your TR when you are done!!

:welcome: and thank you!

Tina- I hope this helps you. If you have any problems PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

I hope this helps... if not PM me and I'll try to walk you through it.

Thank you, Tim! You are the only reason why I have the clickable title of my PTR in my signature!

I can't wait to have a much snazzier, easier to read TR when we get back! :banana:
Happy teens!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks, Brook! So excited...will be even more excited once I kick this silly old cold I have and am back to feeling up to 100% I cannot wait for that Florida sunshine!

I can hardly believe it... with each and every passing day, I just keep getting closer and closer to the big trip. I feel so much more prepared for this one! I have my bearings, for one thing, and I'm going back to my home resort, CSR! I've picked up loads of new tips from all of you that will make my trip even better. And I'm getting to share all of this with my son. What could be better?

Oh, right...how about a big, breakfast Dismeet? And more time with my new friends Karin and Tom during the rest of the week?

Seriously...I am so excited. Sadly, most of the planning is done. Made a few minor changes because of the big breakfast meet, but those are all taken care of.

So what's left?

Well, this weekend I plan on printing out various itineraries, spreadsheets, cheat cards for the parks, as well as labels for my mousekeeping and tip envelopes. I think its a brilliant idea to take care of that in advance. :thumbsup2

Hopefully, my dear, darling husband will locate his resort wear and start packing...he has to catch up with Max and I who are almost done already!

I'll finish packing the following weekend, along with getting my nails and toes done and doing the big Target run for various trip supplies. I feel like its just a downhill slide from here....all the way to DISNEYWORLD! :woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::banana::banana::cool1::cool1: Does that about cover our excitement?

I'm like your DH, I wait till the last minute to pack. My DW gets a little annoyed with me. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

You must be getting VERY excited! :woohoo:

At least this next storm will be on the weekend... :goodvibes

I'm like your DH, I wait till the last minute to pack. My DW gets a little annoyed with me. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

You must be getting VERY excited! :woohoo:

At least this next storm will be on the weekend... :goodvibes

Shhh....no one is saying much about it, so I'm hoping it won't be that big of a deal! :worship: Plus, I feel less guilty driving during bad weather when I know they didn't give me a day off from work specifically to stay off the roads!

Quick question for you...when Juliana was still in diapers, did you ship them down or just pack them in your luggage? I'm weighing my options. Max still needs pull ups at night and swim diapers for the pool, probably.

Happy Sweet 16 Days!!! That is awesome how fast that came about.

Tina, husbands ALWAYS wait until the last minute to pack. Your list of last minute things to do sounds great.

Quick question for you...when Juliana was still in diapers, did you ship them down or just pack them in your luggage? I'm weighing my options. Max still needs pull ups at night and swim diapers for the pool, probably.
We packed some but we have never used ME because we are always driving somewhere to meet up with Mel's family. So we would just hit Walmart or a grocery store.

I know packing all those diapers is such a pain. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter