Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog! LINK TO TRIP REPORT!!!

Well, now that this party is almost yesterday's news, here I am. :headache: I"m so sorry, it's taken me this long to finally get over here! NO really, I mean it!! But I will be there for the TR, IF you send me a PM when you start it. Pwetty pweeze.

Well, now that this party is almost yesterday's news, here I am. :headache: I"m so sorry, it's taken me this long to finally get over here! NO really, I mean it!! But I will be there for the TR, IF you send me a PM when you start it. Pwetty pweeze.

:welcome: Far be it for me to turn away a late guest! And please, the more that I've gotten involved in the Dis, and the more PTRs and TRs I've subscribed to, the harder it is to keep it all up and your TR seems to have a life all its own. :goodvibes Thank you for stopping by at all!

I will absolutely PM you when we get back and I start my TR. I learned a lot doing this one and reading some exemplary TRs (something about ABCs...or something...or creepy clowns...or WISHes...I could go on...:rolleyes1)

This has been so much fun!

Guess who can do on-line check in tomorrow? Well, guessing by my title...ME!!!

We did it last year, so I don't know any other way and the thought of checking in ten days before we go is very exciting to me for some reason. Hmmm...wonder why? I could easily fill this entire box with little dancing bananas, but I still don't think it would capture my level of excitement. I finished the mousekeeping envelopes tonight and am working on cards with all of our daily plans on them. Those are taking a bit longer. But, hey, its something to keep me from bouncing off the walls between now and a week from Saturday!

I have no idea how I'm going to get through next week; this week is already feeling a little dragg-y. Course, that might also have something to do with the fact that this, I believe, the first full week of school I will have taught since....(wait for it...) CHRISTMAS! We have had snow days and/or PD days every week this past month. :scared1: Just crazy. Thankfully, my school did not opt to cancel February break, as many others did. :worship:

I'll be sure to check-in tomorrow after I check-in at CSR!!!

I have heard a rumor, AND IT'S ONLY a rumor, that if you check in on-line you decrease your chances of getting a spontaneous upgrade. Not than any are likely to happen at all, but just something to think about.

This week will fly by; you've gotten some good things going to fill up your time. Things like packing 35 times, then re-packing it all again. :lmao:

Sorry you have a full week of school this week. :sad2:

We had a delay this morning but it looks like the next two days are clear!

I have heard a rumor, AND IT'S ONLY a rumor, that if you check in on-line you decrease your chances of getting a spontaneous upgrade. Not than any are likely to happen at all, but just something to think about.

Oh great, way to ruin Tina's excitement. :lmao::lmao:
;)

:woohoo: Your trip is so so SO close. How exciting!

on the online check in... Here is my 2 cents. It can be a blessing or a curse. (way for me to be on the fence, eh?)

Last February, we did not do it. We checked in late (like after 10pm) I want to say it took 2 hours to check in. Why? They lost our reservation because the system went down. For days we had to go and get dp credits squared away. It was really not so magical. I feel that had we checked in online it would have gone more smoothly.

Last September, we did do it. Now, it wasn't bad. But, our room was already picked for us. I think sometimes when pixie dust is given...it is spontaneous, so I agree with All7OfUs that it may make it hard for an upgrade. Anyway...back to our room. It was not anywhere near what I had requested. I asked that they check to see if anything in a different area was available. Luckily, there was and it didnt take long to move us. Had we got in late...or maybe rooms had been filled...we could not have been moved. So in this case, I think not having our room assigned would have been better.

I guess for me... getting in late or having a specific place you want to have your room... I would not do online check in. Getting in at a normal time, hoping for an upgrade but not caring where your room actually is, I would do online check in.

Ok..so there is my "more than" two cents. ;)

TEN DAYS!!!! :dance3:

Sounds like you have everything under control and these days will hopefully zip right by!

CraZy about all the days off - but how nice! Do you have to make them up at the end of the year or are they just letting them slide?

This week will fly by; you've gotten some good things going to fill up your time. Things like packing 35 times, then re-packing it all again. :lmao:

That sounds about right with the packing! :lmao: We did on-line check-in last year and our room request was honored. We're staying at CSR and I booked a waterview because I'm a sucker that way...and so there isn't much to be upgraded to. I suppose one of their suites, but there very few of those.

Sorry you have a full week of school this week. :sad2:

We had a delay this morning but it looks like the next two days are clear!

Oh great, way to ruin Tina's excitement. :lmao::lmao:
;)

Yeah, thanks Liesa! :lmao: Thankfully, our local weather seems to be clear for now. Hope it stays that way.

:woohoo: Your trip is so so SO close. How exciting!

on the online check in... Here is my 2 cents. It can be a blessing or a curse. (way for me to be on the fence, eh?)

Last February, we did not do it. We checked in late (like after 10pm) I want to say it took 2 hours to check in. Why? They lost our reservation because the system went down. For days we had to go and get dp credits squared away. It was really not so magical. I feel that had we checked in online it would have gone more smoothly.

Last September, we did do it. Now, it wasn't bad. But, our room was already picked for us. I think sometimes when pixie dust is given...it is spontaneous, so I agree with All7OfUs that it may make it hard for an upgrade. Anyway...back to our room. It was not anywhere near what I had requested. I asked that they check to see if anything in a different area was available. Luckily, there was and it didnt take long to move us. Had we got in late...or maybe rooms had been filled...we could not have been moved. So in this case, I think not having our room assigned would have been better.

I guess for me... getting in late or having a specific place you want to have your room... I would not do online check in. Getting in at a normal time, hoping for an upgrade but not caring where your room actually is, I would do online check in.

Ok..so there is my "more than" two cents. ;)

Thanks, Annmarie. I did it last year and our room request was honored. Plus, we'll be checking in by one p.m. at the latest, so I think it will be OK.
TEN DAYS!!!! :dance3:

Sounds like you have everything under control and these days will hopefully zip right by!

CraZy about all the days off - but how nice! Do you have to make them up at the end of the year or are they just letting them slide?

Thanks! I work at a charter school so we're able to do things a bit differently, but we still need to meet the requisite number of total days. We're making the days up in a few different ways and thankfully...no one thought taking our February vacation was a good idea! That would have been horrible!

:cheer2:

:cheer2::cheer2:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

8 days -- :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Tina, I know how excited you are. Max is going to be thrilled when he gets there.

:cheer2:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

8 days -- :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Tina, I know how excited you are. Max is going to be thrilled when he gets there.

:hug: Awww, thanks, Kathy! I have no idea how he's going to react to the whole thing. It is so exciting. I can't believe we're this close!

I've been absent from the DIS for a while and I just got back. I can't believe how close your trip is.

Here is my 2 cents on on line check in. We did it last September and it went very well. We had several requests in since we were traveling with family and all of them were met, which was so nice. I do agree with Liesa though...I wonder what it does for your chances of an upgrade?

I can't wait to read all about your trip when you return.

Oh my gosh!!! :yay: it is now the week count down!!!! You must be just thrilled.

Remind me...how long has this been in the works? Since May? Reason I ask... well, I am down to 10 months. Tell me it will go by fast enough...maybe not too fast...but ...

Anyway... can't wait to read all about your trip. It is early..so forgive me for my forgetfulness...but you are going to do a TR, right? RIGHT?? :rotfl: I bet I asked you that already haven't I... oh well...again, forgive me my forgetfulness if I have. :goodvibes

Guess who can do on-line check in tomorrow? Well, guessing by my title...ME!!!

We did it last year, so I don't know any other way and the thought of checking in ten days before we go is very exciting to me for some reason. Hmmm...wonder why? I could easily fill this entire box with little dancing bananas, but I still don't think it would capture my level of excitement. I finished the mousekeeping envelopes tonight and am working on cards with all of our daily plans on them. Those are taking a bit longer. But, hey, its something to keep me from bouncing off the walls between now and a week from Saturday!

I have no idea how I'm going to get through next week; this week is already feeling a little dragg-y. Course, that might also have something to do with the fact that this, I believe, the first full week of school I will have taught since....(wait for it...) CHRISTMAS! We have had snow days and/or PD days every week this past month. :scared1: Just crazy. Thankfully, my school did not opt to cancel February break, as many others did. :worship:

I'll be sure to check-in tomorrow after I check-in at CSR!!!

You will be there this time next week, Tina!!!!!!!!! And we will be somewhere on our way!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I did online check-in on the 10th too!! Right at the moment that window opened! :rotfl2: Can you say excited? I cannot wait for next Sunday's breakfast!!!!!!! We are going to have a blast!!!!! And I am NOT talking food! :rotfl:

That sounds about right with the packing! :lmao: We did on-line check-in last year and our room request was honored. We're staying at CSR and I booked a waterview because I'm a sucker that way...and so there isn't much to be upgraded to. I suppose one of their suites, but there very few of those.

We're making the days up in a few different ways and thankfully...no one thought taking our February vacation was a good idea! That would have been horrible!

We booked a waterview too! :lmao: Got upgraded to one last year and Disney gets me hooked! Oh, and I did online check-in last year AND got upgraded! So I am not so sure if it is a bad thing. ;)

I am glad they did NOT take that February vacation! :scared1:

Yehaw!! Sorry to have come off as the party pooper; but then again, since there's little to be upgraded to, then yeah baby... online check in all the way!! How'd that go???

Let's see.. one week.

Time to:

Re-pack.

Schedule that pedi. (you never know what kind of whacko you'll meet in line at airport security)

Buy a new toothbrush and get it packed- separate from the one that you'll have forgotten at home.

Re-pack again.

Call to confirm your room request- since you've already done it 3 other times this week.

and last but not least, Re-pack.

You are in the final stretch now!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:
:cool1: Yes, we are!!

I've been absent from the DIS for a while and I just got back. I can't believe how close your trip is.

Here is my 2 cents on on line check in. We did it last September and it went very well. We had several requests in since we were traveling with family and all of them were met, which was so nice. I do agree with Liesa though...I wonder what it does for your chances of an upgrade?

I can't wait to read all about your trip when you return.

Hi! I'm sure it will be fine. It made everything when we did check-in last year a lot easier and I figure with a three and a half year old, I want to make things as easy as possible. And thanks...writing my TR will be fun! I'm going to take actual notes about everything this time.! :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh!!! :yay: it is now the week count down!!!! You must be just thrilled.

Remind me...how long has this been in the works? Since May? Reason I ask... well, I am down to 10 months. Tell me it will go by fast enough...maybe not too fast...but ...

Anyway... can't wait to read all about your trip. It is early..so forgive me for my forgetfulness...but you are going to do a TR, right? RIGHT?? :rotfl: I bet I asked you that already haven't I... oh well...again, forgive me my forgetfulness if I have. :goodvibes

Yes, I did start this in May! Crazy. And it did go by pretty quickly... its hard, right? You want your trip to come so badly, but you don't want the rest of your life to pass you by either! My husband asked what I was going to do when this is over (and it will probably be a couple years before we head back :sad1:) and I told...well, write a TR, of course! :lmao:

:cheer2: ONE WEEK!!!! :cheer2:

Thanks, Brook...and that must be mean TWO WEEKS FOR YOU!!!! :banana::banana:
You will be there this time next week, Tina!!!!!!!!! And we will be somewhere on our way!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I did online check-in on the 10th too!! Right at the moment that window opened! :rotfl2: Can you say excited? I cannot wait for next Sunday's breakfast!!!!!!! We are going to have a blast!!!!! And I am NOT talking food! :rotfl:

We booked a waterview too! :lmao: Got upgraded to one last year and Disney gets me hooked! Oh, and I did online check-in last year AND got upgraded! So I am not so sure if it is a bad thing. ;)

I am glad they did NOT take that February vacation! :scared1:

Hi, Karin! I can't wait. This time in a week, we'll be sitting down to dine with Chip and Dale and Mickey!

I think the waterview is nice; means you won't be looking at a parking lot and it didn't seem to be that much more expensive. Again, still over a thousand less than the deluxes. That's the one thing that's hard about travelling at this time of year; its so darn expensive and there isn't much we can do about it. Unfortunately!

And I think we're arriving early enough where, if they put someplace we don't like, I can always ask if something else is available. I just want to be close to the Dig Site. Well, ok, I'm really hoping for 8A. :rolleyes1 We'll see! Very soon! :hug: And I'm so excited for our breakfast, too! It is going to be amazing!

Yehaw!! Sorry to have come off as the party pooper; but then again, since there's little to be upgraded to, then yeah baby... online check in all the way!! How'd that go???

Let's see.. one week.

Time to:

Re-pack.

Schedule that pedi. (you never know what kind of whacko you'll meet in line at airport security)

Buy a new toothbrush and get it packed- separate from the one that you'll have forgotten at home.

Re-pack again.

Call to confirm your room request- since you've already done it 3 other times this week.

and last but not least, Re-pack.
:lmao: Seriously.. you just really made me laugh, Liesa! I just came back from my pedi, actually. Didn't want my toes to to see the light of day without proper embellishment! :lmao: And yep...called our my room request and to request a pack and play and bed rails! :rotfl:

:lmao: Seriously.. you just really made me laugh, Liesa! I just came back from my pedi, actually. Didn't want my toes to to see the light of day without proper embellishment! :lmao: And yep...called our my room request and to request a pack and play and bed rails! :rotfl:

Wanna go on a trip together... birds of a feather, they say... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I hope you went obnoxious PINK or neon puce. Just because!

;)

My husband asked what I was going to do when this is over (and it will probably be a couple years before we head back :sad1:) and I told...well, write a TR, of course! :lmao:
:rotfl2: Too funny! Seriously though, I am so relieved to hear that you will be writing a TR. I want to hear all about the wonderful things you do and how perfect everything is. (even if/when it isn't)

So what are your plans for the week? The week before I left I had a day to day list of things to do. Not so much because I needed to accomplish things, but because I needed something to distract me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter