Hot Off the Rumor Mill!

DiznEeyore

<font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon
Just got done talking with a DVC Guide (not mine, he's NEVER there) and this is what was shared as being "discussed/rumored" at the main office (some is old, some is new -- at least to me):

*DVC in CA -- All DVC agents are now being asked to get their CA real estate licenses

*Hawaii -- Disney recently acquired a large amount of property there and agents are also being asked to get their HI real estate licenses

*Potentially 3 new DVC resorts in FL w/in the next 5 years: They are more than meeting sales goals for SSR and after the fiscal year ends in September, will decide where to build next.

CR is being heavily considered, as is AKL. Guide says the reason DVC was built at WL and BC is because those were the onsite non-DVCs that members were using the most. Now AKL is being used the most, so they may move there next. Said AKL was "designed" so that a block of rooms could easily be converted to DVC. They are also still discussing Eagle Pines, so that may yet come to fruition.

So there ya go. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Interesting info - especially re the real estate license request.

Thanks for sharing. Happy to see how DVC might be growing. I like all the possibilities you mentioned!

Best wishes-

:cool1:
I knew about the CR chances...and perhaps a AKL DVC? That would
be GREAT! It only gets better with time...being a DVC owner!
Choices...choices...choices! :banana:
WDW 3/77.....Spring Break!
Disneyland 8/73.....My first taste of Disney!

[/url]

This is all good news.

It's very interesting how they determined WL and BC. Very smart. I'm especially interested in the news about Cali. Why would all those DVC kiosks be popping up there if they weren't considering building a DVC resort there??

I haven't been to Hawaii since 1980. I wonder which island this property is on. Do you think they would go for someplace busy like Oahu, or more laid back like Kauai or Maui??

I would also instantly break my no-more-add-ons pledge if VAKL was planned.

You just mentioned every rumor on these boards. I don't think Hawaii is likely. I also see them building more in the "World" before they start in DL.

oh, i better start banking points, maybe another add on or two :goodvibes
HI and AKL here we come, yippi ! Rumor of course ! :teeth:

I keep telling my nearly college-age daughters to think "scholarship" so we can add more points. ;)

AK would definitely interest us.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

JimFitz said:
You just mentioned every rumor on these boards. I don't think Hawaii is likely. I also see them building more in the "World" before they start in DL.
As I said in my OP, Jim, some of the info is old, some is new to me. Sorry if it's old news to you. Obviously the info on how they determined where to build was new to some. ;)

And even if you don't think Hawaii is "likely", what do you imagine they'll do with the land they own there, and why would they be asking agents to get their HI real estate licenses? I'm interested to hear what your theory is.

I was given the Hawaii and California hints last year as well. I have NEVER heard of AKL or CR from a DVC guide before though. If Hawaii and AKL happened, I would be in heaven! :cool1:

Your guide's explanation for how they decided on VWL and BCV makes perfect sense -- go where your cusomters are. If AKL gets a DVC I just might buy into the longer term contracts as I suspect it would be a smaller resort like VWL adn BCV and the 11 month window would be important at certain times of the year.

We have passed ROFR for our first 100 points at VWL, but we are shooting for around 300 points total. Part of our reasoning for the small initial buy in was that we really want a DVC in California, and this allowed us to see what happens with future DVC resorts.

If they open one up in CA, then we'll buy our next 200 points there for sure! Hopefully, Disney's plans will firm up in the next year.

-Shawn

Thanks for the rumor updates! I would love a DVC at AKL...that place is one of our favorites :love:

I am hoping for another resort in California but one in Hawaii would definitely save our family some $$$$ on airfare :sunny:

Wow. Very exciting news.

I love AKL so much. I'm suddenly glad I got all my VWL points in two contracts rather than one. if AKL DVC came about, I'd sell my smaller VWL contract and use the proceeeds to DVC AKL. That way, I'd have enough points to get me 11-month reservations at both, which adds up to heaven in my book.

For the most part these are rumors that have been posted before. But there are some very interesting tidbits of information. I find the request for real estate licenses for CA and HI to be very interesting.

The point I find the most intriguing though is the potential of 3 more WDW resorts in 5 years. I would see the order going something like this:

1) CR - The current renos points to the very likekly scenario that if DVC is going to the CR it will be announced very soon.

2) AKL - I like the explanation as to how the WL and BC were chosen as sites. It gives some weight to this rumor that shows it may be more then wishful thinking. The rumor here though has always surrounded adding on to the resort, not converting rooms. The converting rooms I see as a possibility as my understanding is that AKL struggles with occupancy.

3) EP - It would be logical that this would be #3 and in about 5 years, assuming DVC is still interested in developing it. VCR & VAKL would have sold out and SSR would be almost sold out. Time to bring on the next big DVC resort, if demand is still high enough to justify it.

Regardless of you personal feelings regarding where DVC will expand to next, I think we all have to conced to one point. There are exciting times ahead :goodvibes

Stitch 03 said:
2) AKL - I like the explanation as to how the WL and BC were chosen as sites. It gives some weight to this rumor that shows it may be more then wishful thinking. The rumor here though has always surrounded adding on to the resort, not converting rooms. The converting rooms I see as a possibility as my understanding is that AKL struggles with occupancy.

Regardless of you personal feelings regarding where DVC will expand to next, I think we all have to conced to one point. There are exciting times ahead :goodvibes

I was thinking the same thing since this resort has had to discount a lot in the past... If they could convert then that elimates the problem of building a new building and bothering the animals....

Now CR, EP, California, Hawaii... none of them do a thing for me... AKL.. I AM IN!!!!! Sell it all and start over LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter