Hot Off the Rumor Mill!

erikthewise said:
The AKL rumor is interesting, but I find it difficult to imagine how one part (one wing?) of the resort could have been built for easy conversion to DVC. Seems to me construction is pretty uniform throughout, and if two non-deluxe rooms are to be somehow converted into a 1BR suite, it will be the smallest DVC 1BR yet. (Sorry to be a wet blanket Shan!)
From what the guide said, the "footprint" of the AKL was designed so that *any* part (not one specific wing) could be reconfigured into DVC accommodations. The construction is uniform; any part of it could be converted.

Why do I always have this image of a group of DVC Guides sitting around having a cup of coffee, saying to each other: "What rumor should we get started today?" and all laughing. In the short time I've been involved with this board, just about every rumor imaginable has been mentioned. So far, none of them have been confirmed. At this point, I don't think I'll believe anything until I see it in writing from DVC. (Don't get me wrong though...I would love to see any of the options mentioned by the OP become a reality!)

erikthewise said:
Hawaii would be the stuff of dreams, but it costs a bundle just get a family of four over there and back from eastern US.

So true! Not to mention the loooonnnnnggggg flight....but it would still be great!

Still it is all exciting! Anything but Eagle Pines is my motto!

I second that!

Here's to hopin':sunny:

calypso*a*go-go said:
Why do I always have this image of a group of DVC Guides sitting around having a cup of coffee, saying to each other: "What rumor should we get started today?" and all laughing. In the short time I've been involved with this board, just about every rumor imaginable has been mentioned. So far, none of them have been confirmed. At this point, I don't think I'll believe anything until I see it in writing from DVC. (Don't get me wrong though...I would love to see any of the options mentioned by the OP become a reality!)

Of all the rumors, that is probably the most accurate. ;)
I can just see them sitting around comparing notes... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

calypso*a*go-go said:

Either the DVC guides love playing games with us, or WDC execs love playing games with the DVC guides, or both! But I'm convinced they will announce SOMETHING well before SSR sells out. With any luck we'll hear within the next year.

Don't forget that the DVC guides get a commission when they sell. I'm sure that if they thought you wanted to go to Siberia they'd tell you there were rumors of a Siberia Resort Lodge.

Chris

Do you really think SSR will sell out within the next year? I thought they still had 2 more phases to go thru and they haven't sold out the first phase have they?

And you know, those guides check these boards so they can read all these wishful thinkings, laugh, and feed the rumors! :rotfl2:

Ah, the age old question, "what came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Or in this case, "what came first, DVC plans or DVC rumors?

Do all the rumors have any basis in fact? Do DVD management listen to all the rumors and think "hmmm, that's a good idea!"

I still remember a few years ago when BCV was just a rumor and some thought, "nah, never gonna happen."

Then came the SSR rumor that got discounted because Eagle Pines was already in the works and actually announced by DVC.

So, maybe the DVC sales people are sitting around making up DVC rumors while the DVC management sits around and considers which rumors are a good idea! :rotfl2:

I like all of the "rumored" options. I have plenty of points as it is, but the 7-month window would certainly get a lot more use from me than it does now!

If I were Disney management I would fly some rumors quite often to see what public reaction is to the rumor. It seems to be an OK way to poll the audience without any committment.

JimFitz said:
Don't get me wrong, I love rumors just like the next person! ;) I really want to see a CR or AKL, but the others don't appeal to me so I have a biased opinion. :)

With Hawaii, do we know if they actually bought the land and how long they have owned it? I just think that they would stay close to "the World" (SSR, AKL, CR) before moving onto DL and Hawaii. They have a gold mine right now with DVC in Disney World, and the offsite properties have not really been tremendous hits.

I would like to see all of these things happen, but I think that they will stay local before venturing out again.

I read the disboards infrequently, so I may be way off base here, but... I've wondered why Disney Land doesn't have a DVC or two, and HI, to me, seems to be an excellent option for people on the west coast (or anywhere). Living in the east we may be biased towards Disney World, but I think CA and HI would be great additions.

Jim

cmoore said:
Don't forget that the DVC guides get a commission when they sell.

It was my understanding that guides did not get commissions, they are strictly salaried. Has this changed, or am I just plain wrong (cause this would be the first time for that! :rotfl2: )

grim pirate:

SleepyatDVC said:
Or in this case, "what came first, DVC plans or DVC rumors?
Do all the rumors have any basis in fact?

I first started to believe this rumor a long time ago, back when someone posted here that they saw 'line-of-sight' balloons being floated over the Contemporary. You know - the balloons they fly at a predetermined altitude to see if you can see a new structure from different locations. Like the ones they didn't use for the Swan and Dolphin :teeth:

grim pirate:

grimgrinnin said:
I first started to believe this rumor a long time ago, back when someone posted here that they saw 'line-of-sight' balloons being floated over the Contemporary. You know - the balloons they fly at a predetermined altitude to see if you can see a new structure from different locations. Like the ones they didn't use for the Swan and Dolphin :teeth:

grim pirate:

I never saw that post.

oh well I guess you can't read everything.

CR rumor - started when WDW gave to DVC DI. DI which became SSR. the reason that WDW gave it (sold it) to DVC works for Cont. Having to discount the rooms greatly to get people to stay there.

however with the new CR rooms - if they do it for every room - I think the CR might finally live up to its name.

Time will tell.

plus also reading the complaints from the military families about how badly the north wing (where they were staying) was needing an overfall. when WDW did not start there with the rehab - but the South wing - oh yea - bunch of people were saying DVC for the North wing.

I would think the AKL one - even if they could easily change the building - would still upset the animals, not to mention the paying guest.

I guess they could put it in the farest place from the lobby.

the guides definitely started the Ca and Ha ones. they also started one on Colorado. I was told to "THINK BIG"

My DH's been lobbying to bank, borrow & steal enough points to go to Hawaii since we've bought into DVC. I keep telling him that we don't have enough points yet, have to go thru exchange co., etc. - wait till he hears this!

He was so excited about the CR possibility, this will probably have him starting an add-on savings account soon. :cool1: Works for me!

It sure seems like the West coast has been ignored as far as DVC's go. :confused3
Also, DVC's have been around long enough that (I would guess) many members are looking for something out side of WDW :guilty: (I know, hard to believe). :confused3
It makes good sense that they would expand to DL or HI although CO looks good to us too. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

spiceycat said:
...I would think the AKL one - even if they could easily change the building - would still upset the animals, not to mention the paying guest....

If they build DVC at CR it will be just as upsetting to the paying guest. As were the additions of the convention center and the garden wings -- all were additions to the original A Frame resort. I am sure BCV and VWL created some disturbance in those locations.

I suspect that the animals for the AKL safari could be protected from the construction area. AKL's safari is separate from the AK preserve and possibly some animals would be moved there. They do major construction at zoos all the time so there must be an acceptable protocol for the animals during major construction projects.

The one item about the AKL rumor that I find puzzling is that they would convert a wing of AKL. So far DVC has not done conversions. Could those rooms be easily converted into DVC standards?

grimgrinnin said:
It was my understanding that guides did not get commissions, they are strictly salaried.

That is what I have always heard as well.

I'd like to see a VAKL, but with all the "proposed rumored" dvc resorts at dw, can you imagine how much more crowded it will be in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter