Hot Off the Rumor Mill!

Nothing like a good rumor to get everyone excited, eh?

SleepyatDVC said:
I think maybe they offered BCV as a PRE-SALE to existing DVC members?

No, truly they didn't. Existing members and potential members as we were at that point could contact their guide and let them know how many points, etc.. Then the guides called that morning. We were anxiously awaiting the call from our guide.

And we do have a low # to prove it. Now I don't know if the guides called in order of requests which I suspect or called previous owners first that AM but even if they did it that way, we're talking a matter of an hour or two.

erikthewise said:
And when I bought four months later, they were saying BCV was 40% sold. As I understand it BCV was also very eagerly anticipated. So when people are saying that VCR or VAKL will sell out in 3-4 months, that is really quite a claim, and I don't think it will happen. Even with the larger member base today, it would take a truly massive response to sell out that quickly. (Not to mention the workload on the sales people.)

I wonder how the numbers have changed since then as far as the actual "owners". Are there hundreds more, or thousands more? That could really make a difference in how fast a highly-anticipated resort would sell out. But of course, the main factor is going to be cost per point and the number of points required to stay.

In judging the likelihood of any of these rumors we need to view them not from our (current DVC members) point of view, but from Disney's point of view. If new DVC resorts are announced out west, Disney would be appealing to a new market (and not so much to the current market for DVC).

In my opinion, if DVC simultaneously annunced new resorts at Disneyland and in Hawaii (if done properly) there would be a lot of interest on the west coast. But the real kicker if this scenario were to come to pass is that a DVC kiosk at Tokyo Disneyland would have longer lines than any of the rides.

thanks for sharing the info---

My original points are almost paid off----I am almost ready to do an add-on!! :banana: :banana:

Just finding all this interesting. The main problem I have with all these rumors is that I actually want points everywhere, and my husband will NOT be happy about that :flower: !

jnrrt said:
Just finding all this interesting. The main problem I have with all these rumors is that I actually want points everywhere, and my husband will NOT be happy about that :flower: !

That's so funny! I do too! I guess I better start selling off my personal possessions to afford more points.

disneyland really needs a dvc. i have never been to disneyland since they dont have that much there but if they would build a dvc there i will probaly go using the 7 month window i will never buy there, the people on the west coast would be great for them.
as for hawaii, its really nice i was there from 88-92 in the military, on the island of ohua. thats where disney has bought land as the rumors have it.
thats the best island on hawaii for tourists. the land they bought is a little bit of a ways off from waikiki, but im sure disney will have buses going to waikiki and honolulu and other tourists spots. if not hawaii has a great bus system that doesnt cost that much. if you get a car theres not much parking at the tourists spots. again i will never own here but will probaly go if a dvc comes here. i always wanted to go back but wdw kept getting in the way.
akl would be very nice i would own here if im looking for points. akl expect that to be the same points as vwl, bcv and bwvp.

remember the rumors about disney tearing down the disney institute and making it into a dvc. i for one didnt believe that one.

jnrrt said:

lol :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I just spoke with the DVC guide yesterday and he said they were definitely looking at CR, but were in the very beginning stages.

Probably higher cost more points, but it looks like it will happen!

OK, maybe I'm way out of the loop here, everyone talks about speaking to their guide. Who is that?

Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but still new to DVC, didn't take the tour of any DVC resort,and waiting for our first trip "home" in October.

I just talked to my guide, who talked to his friend, whose sister's cousin saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

Oh, I almost forgot. Before he passed out he said "AKL and CR are a go"!

:) :) :)

maxsdaddy said:
OK, maybe I'm way out of the loop here, everyone talks about speaking to their guide. Who is that?

Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but still new to DVC, didn't take the tour of any DVC resort,and waiting for our first trip "home" in October.

Your guide is your DVC sales agent

JimFitz said:
I just talked to my guide, who talked to his friend, whose sister's cousin saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

Oh, I almost forgot. Before he passed out he said "AKL and CR are a go"!

:) :) :)

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter