Hot Off the Rumor Mill!

lovewdwdvc said:
If I were Disney management I would fly some rumors quite often to see what public reaction is to the rumor. It seems to be an OK way to poll the audience without any committment.

OH! I hope they are listening in right now.....

P-O-L-Y-N-E-S-I-A-N !!!!​
:cheer2:

Mai Ku Tiki said:
OH! I hope they are listening in right now.....

P-O-L-Y-N-E-S-I-A-N !!!!​
:cheer2:

Athough I think it would be nice... that's one that I don't forsee ever happening....

DiznEeyore said:
....Said AKL was "designed" so that a block of rooms could easily be converted to DVC.

A few months back I had heard something similar but I read it as, the foundation type stuff was in place for an addition. Your rumor has the hotel converting. Perhaps I had misinterpreted the first info. Interesting! Either way it would make a DVC at AKL an easy addition to DVC. I would love the addition! It is a very cool hotel!

Here is the quote from Sammie -

Sammie said:
I was told my someone in upper management, high enough up to know what he was talking about, that when AKL was built the ground work, plumbing, etc was already laid for DVC. That if and when it was built it would go up very quickly.

AKL pool and deck too small for an increase of people staying there (no pool hop) think you can kiss dreams bye bye
Paulh

paulh said:
AKL pool and deck too small for an increase of people staying there (no pool hop) think you can kiss dreams bye bye
Paulh

Thanks for setting us straight on this rumor. So pool size is the determining factor? Interesting. The pool at the CR isn't really that large either, so maybe that scratches CRV as well?

paulh said:
Paulh
If they converted the rooms like the OP stated, there would be less people staying in DVC rooms vs. AKL hotel rooms in the same space.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
If they converted the rooms like the OP stated, there would be less people staying in DVC rooms vs. AKL hotel rooms in the same space.
Exactly.

I am so loving this thread!

We are planning to become DVC members in a year-ish...and duh! I never even THOUGHT about new DVC resorts!

If either AKL or CR becomes a reality, then I know we will go for it!

Historically, how does the introduction of a new DVC resort happen? Will they wait until SSR is completely sold out before announcing the next thing? Would they have 2 (or more) properties selling at the same time?

Hmmm....lots to ponder....

3DisneyKids said:
I am so loving this thread!

We are planning to become DVC members in a year-ish...and duh! I never even THOUGHT about new DVC resorts!

If either AKL or CR becomes a reality, then I know we will go for it!

Historically, how does the introduction of a new DVC resort happen? Will they wait until SSR is completely sold out before announcing the next thing? Would they have 2 (or more) properties selling at the same time?

Hmmm....lots to ponder....

DVC has had 2 (or more resorts) selling at the same time in the past.

All points are the same price per point but they do run incentives on purchases at certain resorts. So they may hypothethically sell VCR at the full price per point and give an incentive of $8 per point for SSR to be applied to the down payment.

When they started selling BCV, I believe that they opened sales to existing owners first as add-ons before opening sales to the general public.

Actually, sales for BCV opened to everyone the same day.....2/3/2002. The only good part of my DIS name is that I can remember the date easily. ;)

Anyway, we bought that morning and we were brand new DVC owners. We had waited for BCV.

A MS rep told me that as DVC members, we should "hear about it first." They said that any announcements of new DVC resorts would be made on the dvcmember website first. Oh, and she encouraged me to check it regularly... so I'm wondering if that means they are planning an annoucement soon?..?! :confused3

vascubaguy said:
A MS rep told me that as DVC members, we should "hear about it first." They said that any announcements of new DVC resorts would be made on the dvcmember website first. Oh, and she encouraged me to check it regularly... so I'm wondering if that means they are planning an annoucement soon?..?! :confused3
I don't give much credence to the DVC MS's crystal balls (where's Madam Leota when you need her :) )I was told, early June, in writing; that the MYW Dining Option would be offered by year end -and advised to keep "checking regularly" with them. Just recently told: no, not this year. Perhaps I'm comparing apples to oranges, but...

I don't know but, when we were at Pop in early August, the guy manning the DME bus stop area, told me almost verbatim what has been said about the CR changing to DVC...said the north wing would come down, a new 5-6 story bldg put up, with possible walkway to tower bldg. He said he has worked in several different areas of WDW but most recently there at Pop for ME. It just seems weird that someone not affiliated with DVC at all, would have the same rumor that others are hearing. Maybe there is some truth?? Dare to dream.

Just remember the Eagle Pines rumors. Actually DVC got further than just the rumor stage. They actually showed us architect's drawings (i remember those being put forth by DVC). Yet what's happened with that one in the past 3 years?

that was just because DVC got offered DI (SSR).

if they hadn't DVC would have definitely gone on and built EP (probably changed the name).

they still might - but hey I am hoping for either CP or AKL - but won't the Polyn be the BEST...

I don't think it will happen but sales would go through the roof for that resort.

the reasons that they aren't building both SSR and EP - are they are two BIG resorts. DVC only works on one big resort at a time. OKW was finished (building completed) before it started BWV. then later when they sold out at OKW and moved to BWV - then they build more building.

that doesn't mean that if everything is okay at Cr and AKL can't be started tomorrow. but I can't see both. I am pretty sure DVC would have to pay a pretty penny to get either of these. Of course they do have more money coming in (through us) than any of the other Disney stuff.

BCV23 said:
Actually, sales for BCV opened to everyone the same day.....2/3/2002. The only good part of my DIS name is that I can remember the date easily. ;)

Anyway, we bought that morning and we were brand new DVC owners. We had waited for BCV.

And when I bought four months later, they were saying BCV was 40% sold. As I understand it BCV was also very eagerly anticipated. So when people are saying that VCR or VAKL will sell out in 3-4 months, that is really quite a claim, and I don't think it will happen. Even with the larger member base today, it would take a truly massive response to sell out that quickly. (Not to mention the workload on the sales people.)

erikthewise said:
And when I bought four months later, they were saying BCV was 40% sold. As I understand it BCV was also very eagerly anticipated. So when people are saying that VCR or VAKL will sell out in 3-4 months, that is really quite a claim, and I don't think it will happen. Even with the larger member base today, it would take a truly massive response to sell out that quickly. (Not to mention the workload on the sales people.)

Good point, Erik. We bought 250 BCV points direct from Disney in 8/2003, a good year and a half after opening sales and had no problems. Granted, at that time BCV was almost sold out. However, I suspect interest doesn't always translate into immediate sales.

The people that want SSR are different from the people that would want CR or AKL. I realize there would be some overlap, but you can tell by reading this forum that many love one type (the smaller, hotel-type, park-oriented) and many the other (separate, drive-to-your-door gems).

So I imagine they could/would sell BOTH at the same time. A CR/AKL resort would sell to some who wouldn't buy at SSR and vice versa.

I think a HI resort would be a resort unto itself. Probably sold mostly to people who live in HI who don't read these boards and never will.

I just hope they presale to DVC members before opening up sales to the "general" public. I would want in.

BCV23 said:

I think maybe they offered BCV as a PRE-SALE to existing DVC members?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter