hot weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarbaby

Earning My Ears
Is August just too hot to visit Disney? I live in NY and it is
hot here. Also need a great resort for 13 and 15 year olds.

I am going to move this over to Theme Parks where you will get more answers

But yes it is very hot and humid in August and June and July

It all depends on how well you handle heat. I can say that it is hotter than NY.

My wife, kids, and I have been to Disney during the summer months and found it to be very humid. The temperature coupled with the humidity is pretty rough. We usually hang out at the pool and waterparks during the day, go back to the room and take a nap around 2pm, and do the theme parks at night. Rain at least once a day is to be expected as well (around 2-3pm). You can set your watch by it. It ususally doesn't last very long and is a great time to transition to the theme parks since most people seem to get discouraged by the heat, humidity, and rain and call it quits. Bring your ponchos and plan on getting to the theme parks between 4-5pm. This plan will work if you are spending more than 4 days at WDW or you have been there before.

I find it miserable in Florida during the summer months. The humidity is just terrible. We're going in 2 weeks and I know it'll be much more pleasant than the hot weather months.

We're going in mid-Aug too! I know it's going to be brutal, but...after the summer we had last year in the Northeast, I can take anything. I had friends from Florida here and they couldn't wait to get back to the south!!! I figure that with the pools, water-parks, a/c and lots of water, we should be fine!! We will also do the parks in the early morning until lunch time. Then go back to resort and eat, swim, relax. Then back to the parks for the evening. Can anyone tell me how late the parks are open the 3rd week in Aug?? I never paid attention in the past since we have always been there in late Oct!! I'm hoping they're open pretty late.

Based on last year's hours, through the 15th or the Saturday nearest the 15th, MK stays open until 10pm most nights. It then usually drops back an hour until around 9pm until around the 22nd/23rd and then it moves to fall hours after that except for a night or two a week when it will stay open until 9 for the SpectralMagic and fireworks.

We'll be there the 8th to 23rd and hope history repeats itself on hours.

We live in NY too, and go every August. We usually just deal with it, but this year it just seemed worse. We usually do the parks early, back for lunch and pool and then go back out at night. Don't try to do too much, just do what you can and take breaks when needed. We love the Polynesian. The Yacht Club is great for teenagers too, the pool is awesome and visiting the Boardwalk is a nice option for something to do at night if you don't want to go back to the parks.

**Sorry, just realized this post was from 2002!

Last edited:
It is very hot and humid. I personally loved the weather, but we left everyday from about 1-4 to get out during the hottest part of the day. For me that is the best time to go take a nap/break.

Oh dear! This is a really old thread. lol

I wasn’t humid at all this first week of August at Disney. It was hotter up north and more humid.

It’s always hit or miss. Can be one thing or the other

Is August just too hot to visit Disney? I live in NY and it is
hot here. Also need a great resort for 13 and 15 year olds.
We were there last weekend, and have been twice in July, and don't find it terribly hot. Just regular hot. We're from central Texas where temps regularly are in the 3-digits all summer, and Orlando doesn't approach that level of heat.

It rains most summer afternoons, so the clouds & rain cut down the heat. Evenings are warm, but not miserable hot.

We are perfectly happy with summer at WDW.

I was only 30 when this thread was posted! :rotfl:

And my Disney partners weren’t even born yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter