hotel bReakfast

We eat breakfast on our way out of the hotel, when we're ready to check out. I don't remember the last time we spent more than 1 night at the same hotel, except at Disney (we eat in our room while everyone is getting ready there).

When you stay at a hotel do you eat breakfast in the breakfast room or do you take it back to your room?

I almost always take it back to my room.

If we're in a hurry or not all of us are ready and it's about to close, we'll take the muffins or the pastries or anything else that is fit for grab and go back to the room. But the eggs or waffles or sausage or biscuits and gravy and all that kind of thing that isn't grab and go, we eat those kinds of things in the breakfast room only.

I stay at budget hotels. The free breakfast reflects how much the room rate is. When people take fruit (eg bananas) to be consumed outside of the breakfast period.... it feels like cheating the system and keeps the room rates high for that free breakfast. I've been on a few tours where the fruit basket is cleaned out in seconds just before the passengers leave on their trip. The fruit is not being put on a tray.... but in their purses and pockets for the day.

Last edited:
I stay at budget hotels. The free breakfast reflects how much the room rate is. When people take fruit (eg bananas) to be consumed outside of the breakfast period.... it feels like cheating the system and keeps the room rates high for that free breakfast. I've been on a few tours where the fruit basket is cleaned out in seconds just before the passengers leave on their trip.

Depends on the place. I've stayed at budget lodging where it might be a simple selection of stuff, and all guests are entitled to it regardless of how they booked. I've booked opaque through Priceline and it didn't matter.

I have booked at one hotel room where we noticed a lot of guests were eating in the restaurant and inquired. Apparently guests who booked through the hotel chain got a coupon good for breakfast, but booking through a third party didn't unless it was expressly included in the rate.

I've done both but more often eat in the breakfast room. I can't say I've stayed at a whole lot of places that offer the free breakfast though.

I take the free breakfast back to my room and have never had an issue with doing this. Not once has a staff member said anything nor have I ever seen signs about not doing it.

I stay at budget hotels. The free breakfast reflects how much the room rate is. When people take fruit (eg bananas) to be consumed outside of the breakfast period.... it feels like cheating the system and keeps the room rates high for that free breakfast. I've been on a few tours where the fruit basket is cleaned out in seconds just before the passengers leave on their trip. The fruit is not being put on a tray.... but in their purses and pockets for the day.

I remember at our hotel in Disneyland they had bananas at breakfast one day and it was incredible how quickly they were taken. There was a family sitting at the table next to us who had a pile of bananas sitting in the middle of their table and one of the kids even asked their mom why they had so many bananas and she quickly hushed him and whispered 'for later'! :banana:

I remember at our hotel in Disneyland they had bananas at breakfast one day and it was incredible how quickly they were taken. There was a family sitting at the table next to us who had a pile of bananas sitting in the middle of their table and one of the kids even asked their mom why they had so many bananas and she quickly hushed him and whispered 'for later'! :banana:

Not unusual. There was one hotel in Switzerland that got upset that so many guests were taking way too much food and then just leaving lots of uneaten food. Stuff like one tiny bite out of a croissant or leaving behind entire pieces of toast.

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/06/16/s...s-stop-wasting-food-greedy-chinese-diners.php

I don't think I was thinking of what ya'll are describing. I've rarely stayed in a place with free breakfast or a breakfast room.

Free bananas seems crazy - they're like $6, or whatever, lots of places.

Depends what they have to eat really. Last yr we spend 3 weeks in hotels. I got SICK of the hotel breakfasts really quick.

We ate in the rooms, pool, and in the dining area.

I don't think I was thinking of what ya'll are describing. I've rarely stayed in a place with free breakfast or a breakfast room.

Free bananas seems crazy - they're like $6, or whatever, lots of places.
68 cents a pound around here, so $6 will buy you almost 9 pounds. Typically there are 3 bananas to a pound, so that like 26+ bananas.:crazy:

We almost always eat in the breakfast room. The only time we tend to bring food up is if someone won't make it down before breakfast service ends. Then one of us will make a plate for that person and bring it up when we're done eating.

I take the free breakfast back to my room and have never had an issue with doing this. Not once has a staff member said anything nor have I ever seen signs about not doing it.
I'd probably drop the scrambled eggs in the elevator

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter