How far apart in age are your kids?

21 months between 1 +2, 22 months between 2 +3, 19 months between 3 +4. Pretty happy with the intervals. Number 5 showed up 20 years later when we started adopting. This means oldest was born 10/1/79 and youngest 5/2/06.

My kids are 35,27 and 21 and we have been married for 40 years. The 21 year old just graduated from college and is now living with her oldest brother. They have always been really close. You wouldn’t think they would be that close, but they always have been.

2 girls...15 months apart. I was scared at first but so glad now!!! They are different as day and night but best friends. One looks like my side of the family and the other looks like my husband’s side.

2 1/2 years between 1 and 2, 19 months between 2 and 3. They're each 2 years apart in school. The 2 youngest are both girls and bicker like crazy. I like 2 1/2 years apart better.
I think it’s more of a personality thing, at 22 months apart dd17 and dd15 have been bff’s since birth, same room, same clothes, a lot of the same friends, they are way more like twins than dd15 and ds15 (although recently they have really bonded too). Maybe a bicker here and there, but they are very tight.

Mine are 7 years apart. I would've rather had them closer together, maybe 2-3 years apart. That way they'd have similar interests and skill levels for activities and vacations. I guess a plus of having them so far apart is we only pay for college one at a time.

Around 4 1/2 years. We would have preferred closer to 3 years, but my wife got Hodgkin's Lymphoma when our older son was about 2, so we obviously had to wait until she was in remission and the chemo and radiation was out of her body.

5.5 years. Not by choice but it’s worked out pretty good. They are 5 and 10 right now and play well together. My 10 yr old is a sweet boy, a different personality and it would be a different scenario. I would say 4 years is good, the older one is old enough to be independent and may even be able to help out just a little. People like having them close together to get it done with faster, but I would have been in the looney bin if we had done that. It’s really hard when they are close together, but I’ve heard later on it’s good. I just don’t think we would have made it to “later on” if we had done less than 3 years between!

4 years. DS being the first, DD second. Worked out perfectly. They are very close....and never fought. Only 1 in High School at a time. The PLAN was only 1 in College at a time but our oldest took the 6 year plan.

My kids are a year and a week apart. (*Yes, on purpose!). I love it, the oldest doesn't remember it just being her, so she always thinks of her brother and them together as a unit. Being pregnant the second time was great, the first still slept a lot and wasn't mobile, so I could rest easily. It was helpful to go through similar stages and interests, they always have someone to hang out with (they are 12 and 13 now).

*I was mid-thirties and didn't know how long it would take to get pregnant again so we decided to see what happened. DH worked at home and I had spent years working in infant daycare so wasn't worried about having 2 young ones so close.

My son and daughter are 8 years apart and I hate the gap, they have trouble relating to each other because there is a world of difference between a 15 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

22 months between #1 and #2, almost 24 months between #2 & #3 and 16 months between #3 & #4. So I had all 4 in a little over 5 years and I was done. Little did I know that God had other plans for me down the road. I ended up adopting my infant granddaughter almost 12 years ago, 19 years after my last birth. I wouldn't change it though.

There is 2.5 years between my oldest two (both boys) and 14 years between my middle child and their little sister.

My two sons fought like cats and dogs. Constant. Drove me nuts. They had just started getting along when dd came along. Now they are pretty close.

Dd has the best of both worlds. She had the benefits of being an only child once both brothers were moved out. And she had the benefit of adoring siblings. And their wives are like sisters to her.

Personally I wouldn’t change a thing about their age differences. But wouldn’t necessarily suggest it either lol.

We have 3, and they are all a little over 2 years apart. I think that's the perfect gap because they all always played really well together. My sister has gaps in her kids and when they vacation everyone wants to bring a friend. We never had that, my kids always enjoyed playing together when they didn't have anyone else.

I have two adult kids. They are 2.5 years (plus 2 weeks) apart. Son and daughter.

My boys are 21, 19, 14

If I could go back, I would have the 3rd one at a 2 year gap too

Two years between child #1 and child #2. Then 4 years between #2 and #3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter