How long do you spend in AK?

We enjoyed AK quite a bit and decided to go two days to this park. Went on rides multiple times and took our time.

We love AK too and often go twice to fit everything in. Favorites are the safari ride, Lion King show, character greetings, Finding Nemo and the parade. Not to mention the overall atmosphere, music etc. We have also done one tour there and hope to do others.

This trip we plan to get into EE and get out. We might even save it for the day we are flying home as the morning distraction. Otherwise, I'd rather have another day at MK or Epcot!

AK is a must do park for me. In an 8 hr visit I usually do the following:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Paganini Forest Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Festival of the Lion King show
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Nemo Show
Dinosaur
Its Tough to Be a Bug

I also take photos, shop, and grab a bite to eat somewhere. My strategy is to go at rope drop and get FP for EE, then work counter clock-wise through Dinoland around to the FOTLK show. Ride the safari ride, eat at Tusker House TS and get the free priority seating for Nemo. After that I just wander through the park and hit the things I miss. If the parade is going by, I will stop and watch it as well. As long as it is not super "surface of the sun" hot outside, I do not mind waiting in line at this park because everything feels so soothing and there are plenty of hidden details to take in.

We love AK! We don't normally go to WDW and NOT hit it.

EE, FotLK, KS, KRR, and so much more... we love AK!

AK is a must do park for me. In an 8 hr visit I usually do the following:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Paganini Forest Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Festival of the Lion King show
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Nemo Show
Dinosaur
Its Tough to Be a Bug

I also take photos, shop, and grab a bite to eat somewhere. My strategy is to go at rope drop and get FP for EE, then work counter clock-wise through Dinoland around to the FOTLK show. Ride the safari ride, eat at Tusker House TS and get the free priority seating for Nemo. After that I just wander through the park and hit the things I miss. If the parade is going by, I will stop and watch it as well. As long as it is not super "surface of the sun" hot outside, I do not mind waiting in line at this park because everything feels so soothing and there are plenty of hidden details to take in.

we are usually a 1 day type. then head to what ever has latest hours after or downtown Disney that day. The first time we went I think we spent a day and a half so we cound do it all.Hope that helps..

Why are you set on only one show?

Lion King - singing, dancing, familiar songs

Finding Nemo - puppets (don't most kids like puppets?), catchy music, colorful costumes

Flights of Wonder - more informational about birds, but if I recall kids participate in the show

Seek out Divine and watch her for awhile - I would think even kids would be interested for 10 min or so.

We generally spend a day at AK w/EMH. The kids like the rides and the boneyard(for hours)

Five hours is plenty for us. We have no small children, and we only do a few rides, and LOTLK. We skip AK completely on some trips. :earsboy:

We love AK. We will spend at least one whole day and at least part of another day there, if not the whole day. It is a really beautiful place if you slow down and really look around.

We spend as much time there as possible. The first day it's all about the attractions and after that, the ambiance. We'll do the attractions but at a much slower pace because we tend to do all the trails, browse in the shops, and look at the architecture. We wander over the the Tree of Life and look at the sculptures, listen to whatever band happens to be playing, look for Devine. We find so much in the little details, and personally, it's a photo-warrior's delight. Great park. Great park.

We always spend one day there during our trip and 5:00 always comes too soon, I always leave feeling we missed a lot :guilty: This time, we're going to try to get there at rope drop, especially since our 2 yr old is a HUGE animal lover :thumbsup2

AK..is not laid out well which causes a lot more walking in a place that is typically more hot than the rest of orlando.

There arent many rides

I do like rafikis watch esp the train to it, we look at the behind the scenes as the train rolls along

must dos for us are
EE
tough to be a bug
dinosaur
primevil
the dino version of dumbo
we dont care for kali too short and too wet
we do the safari ride once

lion king show
flights of wonder is nice

nemo show did absolutely nothing for any of us

that said..we never spend a whole day there. we dont go during busy seasons
It is a park you can combine with DTD or MGM..do AK in the am and MGM in the eve

I will say I rate it above MGM which has to be the worst park of them all!

it's always been a 1/2 day park for us. we probably skip it 50% of our trips. every time we go it ends up being our 'melt down' park.

We've been to AK on three different trips. I'd say each time we've just spent part of a day there. We always do the Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur ride, but we also find things that we haven't done/seen on previous trips to explore. This past trip we saw a baby gorilla and her mother, which was quite a sweet surprise!

We go to Disney annually but have not been to AK in about 4 years. I do remember we did not stay there all that long and found it be more of a "giant zoo" and kinda boring ( please don't hate me for saying that)

1) Pretty much our feeling.
2) We do Animal Kingdom
. . . about every 3-4 years
. . . 4-5 hours, max

Right now Ak is one of my favorites too. I just love the Nemo and Lion King shows. The animals are nice. Who does not enjoy those cute tigers? :) I always drop by to see Pooh and friends. Its a nice way to start out my day. I love the coaster.

Seriously the only thing in that park I hate is Kali River Rapids which your kids will freaking love. Ok I am really in great dislike with primeval whirl or whatever it is called. I always injure myself on it.

I think out of the rides Expedition and Dinosaur are my faves.

We do a half day there. Last time we did a morning at AK on our MNSSHP night. We were there at 8 for Donald's Safari breakfast, done by noon, slept until 4 and then headed to the party. :) We have an amazing zoo in our city so I just don't feel a need to look at a lot of animals at Disney. I love Everest and I love Tusker House and Festival of the Lion King--but it doesn't take all day to do those!

So funny how all of us have such different opinions. I finally got around to asking the kids where they wanted to spend their last (half) day before heading home. We aren't going until July, but I've had the other days planned for weeks. I didn't want to ask, because I was afraid they would say different things, and we need to be on the road right after lunch. But both of them screamed Animal Kingdom so they can ride EE one last time. And ds13 wants his last meal of the trip to be at Flametree. Of course, I can never see FOTLK enough! So it looks like we'll get 1 1/2 days there on this trip:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter