How many streaming services do you have?

Just watched 1st episode of Lovecraft Country on Youtube for free. Good, and scary. Will wait till all the episodes are released on HBO Max to watch for 7 days free.

I do pay for
Disney+
Netflix

Lovecraft Country is odd. It doesn’t feel like Lovecraft. It’s more survival horror than psychological horror. I watched the second episode last night, and I don’t know what I really watched.

Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney + and DirectTV. I would drop everything except Disney+ but we can't get local channels without the satellite.

Lovecraft Country is odd. It doesn’t feel like Lovecraft. It’s more survival horror than psychological horror.
The series is based on a book, written by Matt Ruff. He called it Lovecraft because places in his book is based on fictional places in Lovecraft's books? Does that make sense? I couldn't read Lovecraft's books. Was way too scary for me.

The series is based on a book, written by Matt Ruff. He called it Lovecraft because places in his book is based on fictional places in Lovecraft's books? Does that make sense? I couldn't read Lovecraft's books. Was way too scary for me.

I still haven’t seen the university from the books and short stories. I’m on the fence on this series. It’s kinda meh to me.

What I can't understand is why the channels chose to give a cut to the cable companies and not just stream direct to the consumer? It seems like old fashioned cable TV days are numbered too so they will need to evolve somehow.
You've got it wrong. Cable companies pay the broadcasters (whether local-NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc, or National - ESPN, HGTV, History, Food, etc). That's why you'll occasionally see blackouts/takedowns when the broadcaster and cable/sat provider can't agree on terms.

You've got it wrong. Cable companies pay the broadcasters (whether local-NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc, or National - ESPN, HGTV, History, Food, etc). That's why you'll occasionally see blackouts/takedowns when the broadcaster and cable/sat provider can't agree on terms.

You are correct. I got it backwards. I wonder if NBC is not happy with the cut they are getting from the cable companies and choosing to stream directly? Either way the cable and satellite companies are losing customers in droves.

You are correct. I got it backwards. I wonder if NBC is not happy with the cut they are getting from the cable companies and choosing to stream directly? Either way the cable and satellite companies are losing customers in droves.
Does Peacock stream NBC programming live? I haven't signed up for it yet, so I really don't know. I think all the networks (speaking of the OTA networks) will end up with at video on demand streaming (like Amazon Prime & Netflix). But keep in mind those networks only fill ~ 1/2 of the day. The rest of the day is filled with local/syndicated programming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter