How much does your adult cat weigh?

Wow...up until I got towards the end of the posts, all I could think was, "My cat's REALLY big!" Cricket weighs in at about 20 pounds. The kicker is, she's been on weight control cat food for 3 years AND she eats less than a cat smaller than she is is supposed to eat to lose weight (they don't even go up to her weight to suggest how much she should eat on the bag).

Our cat is 8 lbs. I our cat's case, our vet wants her to gain weight since she weighed more in the past. I don't know whether or not she has a small head because she's so fluffy, LOL!

I have 4 cats.
Punkin, 11 years old is 9 lbs
Trouble, her littermate is 20lbs
Sassy 10 is 20
Buster 10 is 19

The vet has never said that they need to lose weight, but there are those here who do not buy that they are "big boned and fluffy". Buster has food issues, and get really nervous if you can see the bottom of the food dish, and if it ever empties, they seem to eat until they are ill. I think that this is because they were feral when I got them.

My 3yo cat is about 11 lbs, but she's a little pudgy. My 1yo cat sounds like yours, smaller head, etc. She hasn't been weighed since she was spayed in February, but I'd say she's about 8 lbs. She is healthy, she has good muscle tone and she's really not overweight. She's just little.

Our two cats are litter mates who are 3 years old. The female is very petite with a small head (and an unpleasant disposition) and weighs 8 pounds. The male is the sweetest cat I've ever known--he weighs in at about 15 lbs, and is so beautiful.

Can you tell I play favorites with my cats?

Edited, it sounded like I was starving one: I don't play favorites with food--they get fed as much as they want.

Tazicket said:
Wow...up until I got towards the end of the posts, all I could think was, "My cat's REALLY big!" Cricket weighs in at about 20 pounds. The kicker is, she's been on weight control cat food for 3 years AND she eats less than a cat smaller than she is is supposed to eat to lose weight (they don't even go up to her weight to suggest how much she should eat on the bag).

My older cat is 8 years old and she weighs 20 pounds too. The vet is on my case about getti g her to lose weight because of the risk of diabetes. I feed her weight loss food and between her and my other cat they are only eating 1 1/3 cups a day so she is eating less than she is supposed to but still doesn't lose the weight.

My other cat is 6 and up until a year ago she only weighed around 7 pounds, now she looks like she's gaining weight big time. I swear it's the weight loss food that is making them heavy because they eat no treats or people food.

The vet has recommended canned food instead of dry, but now my cats won't eat canned food they look at it and run away.

Tazicket said:
That's what I was thinking too! Tigger weighs in at 18 pounds, and the vet says that although he's big-boned, he should be down around 15 pounds. Yet, he's not a big eater either. Simba's "only" 11.5 pounds and what's funny is that he's the moocher, always begging for more food.

Anne MN said:
have 4 cats.
the 3 females all are small- 2 are still kittens- 6 months old- momma cat is skinny
male cat well use to be at one time, he has been fixed since 8 months old- 9 1/2 years old he weighs..... 40 lbs!! yes that is NOT a typo

HOLY COW! 40 pounds! I wouldn't be able to pick him up! :teeth:

#1 OC 21lbs
#2 Kama 7lbs
#3 Jazmin 8 lbs
#4 Stitch ? no idea he won't let us weigh him or pick him up. Petting happens on his terms.

My middle cat still looks like a kitten. He is 9 years old! He used to weigh about 6 lbs. But he has been getting lazy in his old age, he now weighs about 9 lbs. Everyone who sees him thinks he is like 2-3 years old. He has that kitten face. He was the runt of the litter. When we adopted him he could easily fit in the palm of your hand. I remember the shelter gave us this huge box to take him home in. He was so lost in that box! :rotfl: My dad had taken him out and put him in his shirt pocket. Yes, he was that small.

My oldest cat used to weigh 15 lbs. She now weighs 11.5 lbs, which is healthier. But we have to keep a check on her weight. So we weigh her like every week.

My old cat (19 1/2 years old) is really getting thin this summer (she does eat).
I'll bet she's about 5 pounds now; she always weighed around 7.

My 13 year old has always been tiny. She weighs about 7 and this is the
most she's ever weighed.

The baby (!) is about 8 years old and weighs about 22 pounds (maybe a few
more?) He and I are continually on diets!

My old kitty 16 when he passed was always around 22 lbs...
our new baby kitty about 2yrs is about 5lbs (we are trying to put some weight on him)

My cat female 2 1/2 year old is about 12 lbs. The vet doesn't want to see her get any heavier than that. She is long and lanky though so I don't think she looks fat (especially next to my 35 lb. beagle). We think she is part Russian Blue, and they are bigger cats so we aren't too concerned.

My oldest cat is about a year and a half and weighs around 15 pounds the other is still a kitten so he's pretty light!

Meeko 17 pound Maine Coon
Dexter 18 pound Maine Coon
Spunky 15 pound fat pound kitty with an attitude

my 6 year old male cat weighs 16lbs. Our vet says he's overweight. He's lost about a pound in the last year since we got out kitten

Dizzy, the 1 year old weighs about 8lbs. She seems so tiny compared to Milo!

Martha 15 yrs old, weights about 9lbs. Fairly small build/frame

Tinkerbell, 4 yrs old. Weights about 12 lbs. larger framed than Martha, but could stand to lose about a lb of belly fat.

It funny you should ask we just went to the Vets yesterday for there annual checkup. Sophie = 14 lbs, Sully = 15 lbs, and Max = 23 lbs. Max is a best of a Maine coon cat and the Vet said the others could stand to loose a pound or two but Max was OK. My DW loves it when he's hungry and gets up on her chest in the middle of the night.

My orange tabby, Garfield, is now about 18 lbs. He's 13 years old and his high weight was close to 20 lbs. He's in all the risk areas for diabetes, but he's been on weight control food for many years. He's indoors only so he doesn't get out and run around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter