Humboldt hockey bus crash

This touches all of us. Could have been any of us. When my kids go in longer school trips ( ski trip, 7 hr bus drive). I get nervous. Always grateful when they get back home.

This is so sad. My three grandsons play hockey and my first thought was of the oldest who plays high school hockey and baseball and lives in the country, so is bussed to all the games. I always felt he was safer on the bus. My heart goes out to those families. Just can’t imagine the pain they must be in. I hope they find the strength to get through this.

I can’t begin to imagine what the parents, families and communities of this team are going through.

The HNIC tribute had me in tears, as did the Jets/Hawks jerseys.

There really are no words. :grouphug:

3F2C8B81-42E5-40F6-8681-4D6540421282.jpeg

I can’t begin to imagine what the parents, families and communities of this team are going through.

The HNIC tribute had me in tears, as did the Jets/Hawks jerseys.

There really are no words. :grouphug:

View attachment 314890

There were many touching tributes during that game. I can’t recall another time where players haven’t worn their name on the back of their jersey.

There were many touching tributes during that game. I can’t recall another time where players haven’t worn their name on the back of their jersey.

Me either.
I’ve been watching Our game for my entire life and while I’ve seen practice jerseys and warmup jerseys with alternate tribute names on them, I don’t recall EVER seeing an entire game played with a tribute name on every jersey.
Both teams.
It was truly amazing.
And so very sad.

Is there much of a discussion on the subject of seat belts for coach buses? The photos I've seen show the top of the bus sheared off, although it's not clear if that was cut off to extricate the passengers. I've ridden on newer school buses and some coach buses that had seat belts.

Is there much of a discussion on the subject of seat belts for coach buses? The photos I've seen show the top of the bus sheared off, although it's not clear if that was cut off to extricate the passengers. I've ridden on newer school buses and some coach buses that had seat belts.

I hope there is a discussion. A very serious one. Isn't it crazy how we will be fined if we drive in a car without seatbelts (most places) and yet buses still don't have seatbelts? I've been advocating seatbelts in school buses for years. Any kind of vehicle that is on the highway should have seatbelts. I stopped letting my kids ride in school buses on the highways and would drive them if they had a field trip. I got a ton of eye rolls and opinions because of it.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/nhtsa-announces-final-rule-requiring-seat-belts-motorcoaches

School buses are exempt from this rule.
I have ridden on school buses (prior to 2016) with seatbelts, but students were not required to use them. I always thought it was because if something happened and they couldn't unbuckle themselves they would be trapped. Not sure if that is accurate, but I thought that was what I heard the reason was.

I teared up when I first heard about and during the moment of silence at the Sharks game. Truly saddened by this tragedy. I can’t even imagine..... prayers for their families.

6E9AB20A-EAA8-4A35-A95A-574BA57CB1BF.jpeg

In case anyone missed it, at the Jets/Blackhawks game on Saturday all the players had the word Broncos as their nameplate for the entire game.

The jerseys have all been signed and will be auctioned off. A verified gofundme page has also been set up and has reached or surpassed $4 million dollars in just over 48 hours.

I have nothing to do with it, but if you can spare a few dollars, please donate.

Oh my goodness -

"HUMBOLDT, Sask. — Saskatchewan's Ministry of Justice says one of the deceased in Friday's fatal crash involving the Humboldt Broncos bus was misidentified.

The ministry says the body of Parker Tobin was mistaken for that of Xavier Labelle.

It says Labelle is injured but alive, and Tobin is among the 15 people who died.

The Office of the Chief Coroner has apologized for the misidentification."

Their poor parents!

What an unbelievable tragedy. I cannot imagine the heartache of the parents and families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter