I appreciate having so much knowledge being shared here

Rob1872

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to so many people who share their knowledge.

The trigger for this was that I just consolidated 18 Disney Gift Cards into one with $975 on it. It makes it so much easier to just file away a couple of thousand dollar gift cards (in case something comes up where I'd have to get my payment refunded) instead of having to keep dozens of cards lying around. (Thanks Dug720 for telling everyone about the website to consolidate them; I'd never heard of it before.)

There are so many things that I've gotten from here that made our last 2 cruises so much better; I doubt that I could remember them all. Discussions about purchasing Gift Cards at a discount (Target Red Card purchases when Target classified Disney as an 'entertainment card' instead of a gift card; BJ's and other wholesale clubs selling Disney Gift Cards at a discounted price, etc.) Templates for printing out door porthole decorations onto magnet sheets (my kids loved that one). Menus and shore excursion advice. Need a picture of a random object on any of the 4 ships? PrincessShmoo has one. I'd never heard of the Rainforest room on the ships, let alone how to pre-purchase day passes. (But my wife and I are planning on trying it out this May while my kids hit the kid clubs.) All of the discussions on on-board bookings/photo packages/etc.

Just know that your efforts to help people with their questions is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Don't forget to keep that one GC in a safe place, b/c any refunds would go back onto that card!

Rainforest room on the Dream/Fantasy is amazing.

Target Red Card purchases when Target classified Disney as an 'entertainment card' instead of a gift card;

At least at my Target I’m still able to get the 5% Red Card discount on Disney gift cards—I just can’t use a Target gift card anymore to purchase a Disney gift card. Not sure if you meant you couldn’t get the 5% anymore since you used past tense, but thought I would mention it just in case!

Yes, there is a ton of great info that everyone here is more than willing to share.

"Novices absorb knowledge like a sponge,
Intermediates hoard it for themselves,
and Masters just simply give it away.”

And there are a LOT of Masters here!!

Many times I try to be a voice of reason ... there is a lot of Magical stuff that can and does happen on a DCL cruise ... but not all of it happens to everyone all of the time. No One Gets (or should expect) to get the best and coolest magical experiences on any cruise - Tink and Mickey need to spread the Magic around to all of the guests. And Oh Yea - Life Happens - and not everything goes according to plan - so just try and go with the flow when bump (waves :confused3 ) happen.

Thank You for this information, just ordered some too.
in addition to the 8% off, I get 5% back from wholesale clubs using my credit card
I did the same thing to maximize the 8% +5% from Discover. 3 $100 gift cards, 3 $50 three packs, 3 $50 cards, and 3 $25 cards = $975 face for just under $900 with almost $45 more coming in rewards. (BJs is limiting to 3 each; however, it lets you do 3 of each category.)

Everyone is a wealth of knowledge and I learn something new every day on this site. Like BJ's has 8% off Disney GC today (who know how much longer). Just bought some more for the member's cruise in May.
Thanks a million for this, just bought a few. Greatly appreciated!

Don't forget to keep that one GC in a safe place, b/c any refunds would go back onto that card!
A trick I learned if you do happen to lose the card is buy a new one for the lowest amount and add it to your account online. You can then transfer the funds to the new card you have on hand.

Everyone is a wealth of knowledge and I learn something new every day on this site. Like BJ's has 8% off Disney GC today (who know how much longer). Just bought some more for the member's cruise in May.

THANK YOU!!!! I had no idea they were on sale. I should check my App more often. They are still on sale today. :yay::dogdance:

I did the same thing to maximize the 8% +5% from Discover. 3 $100 gift cards, 3 $50 three packs, 3 $50 cards, and 3 $25 cards = $975 face for just under $900 with almost $45 more coming in rewards. (BJs is limiting to 3 each; however, it lets you do 3 of each category.)

Interesting. It says 3 per member, but the drop down ordering thing allows you to select 5....

Does anyone know how the gift cards from BJs are shipped? I want to grab a bunch - but don't want them coming regular mail and sitting in my mailbox all day. Do they come signature required?

Also, do you have to activate them or do they come activated already?

Does anyone know how the gift cards from BJs are shipped? I want to grab a bunch - but don't want them coming regular mail and sitting in my mailbox all day. Do they come signature required?

They show up in a medium sized UPS box. (about 9x12x2) The UPS driver has left them on our porch without a signature required. They all come activated and they include a copy of the printout for each card showing the activation.

I was able to order more than 3 in a category. In fact I just received my order of 50 $100 cards at the 8% discount. $1500 of that got the bonus 5% credit card reward as well.

Interesting. It says 3 per member, but the drop down ordering thing allows you to select 5....
If you want more than 5, select the 5+ option to add to your cart. When you go to the checkout page, you can update the quantity with a larger number

They show up in a medium sized UPS box. (about 9x12x2) The UPS driver has left them on our porch without a signature required. They all come activated and they include a copy of the printout for each card showing the activation.
Usually, they come UPS with signature required. For some reason, my most recent order, which happened to be my largest for $5000, came with no signature required. According to UPS tracking, it was supposed to be delivered after 3:30PM. My wife was out in the morning and was surprised when she got home and found it on the porch. The email I got from UPS said it was delivered early around 10AM

I just logged on to BJ's website and it's still there. Would it be online only or in store too? I don't think mail would get here quick enough.

Mine are coming USPS ground. Just got the tracking notice.

I just logged on to BJ's website and it's still there. Would it be online only or in store too? I don't think mail would get here quick enough.

It states ON LINE only on the web site. We don't have a BJ's store in NM so I can't confirm it the stores carry the sales price. The USPS tracking states it's originating in MA, if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter