I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

The heat made the TOT run miserable, but I think it could have been saved if it was better planned. I thought it was so lame that if I hadn't already rented DVC points for Feb. I would be switching my trip back to Dec. Also it really killed my motivation to train for the Princess Half and I haven't run since.:( I really thought I would become addicted to Run Disney and have to do every one, but I think my Disney fund is about to become my cruise fund:sail:

FYI - my husband and I both ran this race too and we were disappointed in it but he ran the marathon last year and LOVED it. He said this race was nothing compared to that so I think the others will be better.

Oh I can't wait to hear more....glad you made it home safely!:hourglass

Thank you!! Hopefully, I'll be able to start the TR soon.

Our trip definitely had its ups and downs too. We were very disappointed in the TOT 10 miler. The heat was awful - made us so cranky and then the rain at night messed up so many of our plans. We won't go again that time of year again. Can't wait to hear about your trip.
shannon

That heat was unreal! :crazy2: Yeah, if we go in October again, it would be mid to late Oct. But, we still had a good trip.

Welcome home!

I was thinking about you during our one day at Disney. I couldn't believe how hot it was when we checked in SSR. I thought I was going to melt too. I had planned to take Caitlin to the pool but since I usually lounge in a chair, it was too hot for me to go to the pool:eek:

The heat made the TOT run miserable, but I think it could have been saved if it was better planned. I thought it was so lame that if I hadn't already rented DVC points for Feb. I would be switching my trip back to Dec. Also it really killed my motivation to train for the Princess Half and I haven't run since.:( I really thought I would become addicted to Run Disney and have to do every one, but I think my Disney fund is about to become my cruise fund:sail:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and how Reid behaved.

I was really hoping the race would get me addicted to Disney races, too. But, it just didn't. I don't think I'll give up running completely. I'm giving myself a little time off & then I'll start doing it again. Ed wants me to do some local races with him that he says are more fun that ToT was. So maybe I'll do that. Seems like everyone is saying the other Disney races are more fun that ToT was so hopefully you'll have a better experience with the Princess! :thumbsup2

Reid's behavior......that was a roller coaster in itself. :scared:

Welcome home Amanda!!!!

We missed ya! :grouphug:

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Welcome back Amanda!! :cool1:

Looking forward to your TR and you pictures! :) Hope there was a ton of UPs with very few downs. :goodvibes

Thank you!!

Overall, it was a very good trip! I'm hoping to start the TR soon....just need to get my house in order first. :crazy2:

Welcome back!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Maybe you could PM me some F&W hints? ;) I hope rain didn't hinder you too much! I have been reading on Liners all about the rain last week! :crazy2:

Thanks!! UGH - the rain. It definitely changed a few things but didn't really keep us from getting done everything we wanted to get done. I'm going to PM you soon with some F&W tips!

Welcome home! I look forward to the TR and seeing how the race was!

Thank you!!

Welcome back!! I can't wait to hear about the trip!!!

Thanks!!

FYI - my husband and I both ran this race too and we were disappointed in it but he ran the marathon last year and LOVED it. He said this race was nothing compared to that so I think the others will be better.

It really sounds like the majority of runners did not enjoy the ToT race. So sad for everyone running their 1st Disney race. Puts such a bad taste in your mouth.

Welcome Back! I'm glad you had safe travels.

I am soooo excited to read about your trip! I'm glad it was good overall & I hope there weren't too many "downs."

Welcome Back! I'm glad you had safe travels.

I am soooo excited to read about your trip! I'm glad it was good overall & I hope there weren't too many "downs."

Thank you!!

I'm going to see if I can catch up on the boards.....once again.....and maybe start up my TR tonight.

I just now am getting back on dis after the trip. I keep hearing that so many people were disappointed in the race... I know I was... but not in the race itself or the characters or even the weather...so I don't blame disney. I think my run partner and I were not in synch so I ended up walking much more of the race than I would have liked. Our time was what really made me :scared: I currently am running about 10 1/2 minute miles that I maintain during my 5+ mile runs. (and durning my short runs while in WDW) We finished with nearly a 17 min mile pace. :faint: Didn't get swept though... so I guess that is good. I will want to do it again, but next year... I am running more of it!!!

PHM is next. I am registered... but if airfare doesn't come down, I won't be able to make it... $600 to $1k round trip? :scared::scared: Anyway... my plan is to run all of it... stop for characters and mile markers....

Hope you enjoyed your race... I know we were coming in for the kids race as some of the 5k were finishing and it was HOT!

gotta hop over and sub to your TR!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter