I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

Amanda, in case I don't get back here before you leave for your trip, I hope the three of you have a most magical trip. I'm glad Reid liked imhis postcard from Mickey.

Thank you so much!!

He loves his postcard! Here he is with it:

I'm so sorry Amanda. I know just how you feel. Maddie's attitude was pretty crappy for the first few days of our last trip, and I was really torn about keeping the BBB appointment because of it.

That just stinks. I sure hope that he sees the light and starts behaving. Isn't it tough when you've spent so much time and energy preparing for a trip and you end up feeling like you kid doesn't even deserve it? Pretty frustrating.

Have you seen the 'time out bottle' on pinterest? It's a water bottle filled with glitter (and water or something) that you shake up, and the kid has to sit with it until the glitter settles. Might be something you could easily make and take with you for some easy time outs in the car and in the parks.

I hope that things get better for you. I haven't been having a very good week either, and have avoided the boards because of it. I hate posting when I'm not in a very "Disney Mood". I think I may have shaken it long enough to do an update on the TR tonight. :rotfl:

Vent away. That's what friends are for! :grouphug:

I'm so sorry Amanda. I know just how you feel. Maddie's attitude was pretty crappy for the first few days of our last trip, and I was really torn about keeping the BBB appointment because of it.

That just stinks. I sure hope that he sees the light and starts behaving. Isn't it tough when you've spent so much time and energy preparing for a trip and you end up feeling like you kid doesn't even deserve it? Pretty frustrating.

Have you seen the 'time out bottle' on pinterest? It's a water bottle filled with glitter (and water or something) that you shake up, and the kid has to sit with it until the glitter settles. Might be something you could easily make and take with you for some easy time outs in the car and in the parks.

I hope that things get better for you. I haven't been having a very good week either, and have avoided the boards because of it. I hate posting when I'm not in a very "Disney Mood". I think I may have shaken it long enough to do an update on the TR tonight. :rotfl:

Vent away. That's what friends are for! :grouphug:

Thank you so much, Shannon!

I have seen that bottle on Pinterest! I may have to see if I have time to squeeze in one more crafty project.

It is beyond frustrating when you're this close to vacation & your child begins acting like this. I mean....what are we supposed to do? I'm sorry but there is just no way I'd cancel & lose all of the money & timeshare points I wouldn't get back. I did tell him on the way home from school that I don't think he deserves to go. And that if he can't improve his behavior, I'm calling his Grammy to keep him while we're in Disney. Well, of course, he started bawling, "I don't want to miss Disney, Mommy! I want to be there with you!" Then I started crying. :sad:

I'm sorry you haven't been having a good week either. :hug: I hope it gets better for you. And I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to DIS when you're having a bad week. I get the same way.

It sounds like it was a good idea to cancel CP. You will just have to move that to the top of the list for next time!

Love the treat bags!!! I have noticed Micheal's is the best for finding $1 Disney stuff! Target is pretty good too but around here it can be hit or miss.

Posting the pop up hamper reminded me I have not packed ours yet for the cruise! Love bringing a hamper on all vacays.. Do you have 5 Below by you? I usually find ours there and they also have Disney stuff from time to time.

I hope you guys have a fantastic vacation! Looking forward to your TR!

I sure hope that the threat of missing the trip helps. Of course you can't cancel at the last minute! Plus, you and Ed deserve the trip.

Hoping for the best for you--kids can be so frustrating. Why do they always act that way at the worst possible times? :confused3

It sounds like it was a good idea to cancel CP. You will just have to move that to the top of the list for next time!

As much as I hate to cancel it, I do think it's the best thing for us.

Love the treat bags!!! I have noticed Micheal's is the best for finding $1 Disney stuff! Target is pretty good too but around here it can be hit or miss.

Thank you!! I have to say that our Target has a great $1 section. One of things I like is that they always have Disney books.

Posting the pop up hamper reminded me I have not packed ours yet for the cruise! Love bringing a hamper on all vacays.. Do you have 5 Below by you? I usually find ours there and they also have Disney stuff from time to time.

I don't think we have a 5 Below near us. If we do, I'm completely unaware. :rotfl: I feel so behind the times by just now bringing a pop-up hamper on vacation. I do think it'll make things a lot easier for me.

I hope you guys have a fantastic vacation! Looking forward to your TR!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

I sure hope that the threat of missing the trip helps. Of course you can't cancel at the last minute! Plus, you and Ed deserve the trip.

I hope between that threat & the privileges I've taken away, it will encourage him to behave better. We really do need this trip.....especially Ed. He has been working ridiculously hard lately.

Hoping for the best for you--kids can be so frustrating. Why do they always act that way at the worst possible times? :confused3

Thank you!! :goodvibes They really do act up at the worst times, don't they?!? :furious:

I feel your pain, Briar has been acting that way the past few days, i told this morning at the bus stop that if he didn't adjust his attitude we would leave him with his grammy in 2 weeks. Hopefully that will work, I have already taken away his Xbox and iPod touch. I think he is just tired from being in school for 7 weeks, tonight he showered, brushed his teeth and went to bed 30 mins early (all without me telling him to).

I feel your pain, Briar has been acting that way the past few days, i told this morning at the bus stop that if he didn't adjust his attitude we would leave him with his grammy in 2 weeks. Hopefully that will work, I have already taken away his Xbox and iPod touch. I think he is just tired from being in school for 7 weeks, tonight he showered, brushed his teeth and went to bed 30 mins early (all without me telling him to).

I'm at least glad to know Reid isn't the only one. :( I've taken away all electronic usage: ipad, computer, iphone. And he's not allowed to watch any TV until he can show me he can behave well. He has a birthday party to go to tomorrow for a classmate. If he has a really bad day today, he may not be allowed to go.

I talked to his teacher when I dropped him off. She did say that a lot of them have been having trouble at school lately. She said one thing is that all the boys in the class are "rough & tumble" kind of boys. But, she also said that a lot of them have been going home sick lately: fever, tummy ache. Great. Just what I need. She said she's making them wash their hands more often & she is putting the soap in their hands instead of everyone touching the bottle. I'm praying we all stay well. :sick:

Just had to come here to wish you a happy trip!! I love the bags you have planned for Reid!!! As for CP.. as Betsy noted, we had that happen in December. I kept mine... and I still got to get into the park before opening. It was still magical... but yes, we lost out on some park time. :(

Oh and children's attitude?!!!! Yeah!!! Mine is HORRIBLE! Add in that she has her medical stuff that she is being defiant and rebellious with...and it has been bad around here in the mornings!!!

You know I fully support the idea of cancelling CP for morning park time. I think that's probably the best decision in that situation. :thumbsup2

The treat bags look like a great idea. Hopefully they'll be enough to keep Reid occupied on the drive.

Thursday will be here soon, have a great time!

Hi Amanda!!!!

I'm glad you were able to make a satisfactory decision on CP. I think you will be character-meal'ed out by then. :laughing:

Love the goody bags for Reid. Room on the Broom is one of our all-time favorite books! :woohoo:

Awww - your trip is so close. I can't wait for you to get back! :rotfl2:

I love the idea of the pop up hamper. Now I need to go to Joannes. Like right now! Although I will still have to fold it all to put in the suitcase but I still like the idea. I have been checking the forecast daily. Have you?

Okay, so I got really behind, but I totally would have suggested canceling Crystal Palace as well. So hooray. :laughing:

Your bags for Reid are so cute! That neck pillow is hilarious!

I honestly can't believe your trip is THIS WEEK. When did that happen??? Seriously.

Just had to come here to wish you a happy trip!! I love the bags you have planned for Reid!!! As for CP.. as Betsy noted, we had that happen in December. I kept mine... and I still got to get into the park before opening. It was still magical... but yes, we lost out on some park time. :(

Oh and children's attitude?!!!! Yeah!!! Mine is HORRIBLE! Add in that she has her medical stuff that she is being defiant and rebellious with...and it has been bad around here in the mornings!!!

Thanks!! I hope y'all have a safe & magical trip, too!

Must be something going on with all our kids acting up right now! :(

You know I fully support the idea of cancelling CP for morning park time. I think that's probably the best decision in that situation. :thumbsup2

The treat bags look like a great idea. Hopefully they'll be enough to keep Reid occupied on the drive.

Thursday will be here soon, have a great time!

I'm happy with our decision to cancel CP. I don't think I would have been happy knowing the park was open & I was stuffing my face. :lmao:

Thanks! I hope the treat bags will do the trick for keeping him happy & occupied. I will also secretly have a secret weapon - the new Avengers movie! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm so ready for Thursday to get here already!

They sure do...
:hug: you and ed really need this trip.....
Thursday!!!!!!

We do need this trip! Thankfully, Reid had a very good day at school on Friday. Let's hope this is a good week for him.

Hi Amanda!!!!

I'm glad you were able to make a satisfactory decision on CP. I think you will be character-meal'ed out by then. :laughing:

Love the goody bags for Reid. Room on the Broom is one of our all-time favorite books! :woohoo:

Awww - your trip is so close. I can't wait for you to get back! :rotfl2:

I am happy with our CP decision. And you're right - it's not like we're lacking in the character meal department. :rotfl:

Thanks! I'm happy with the way the bags turned out. I think he'll like Room on the Broom.

I'm so ready to go already. I think my brain is already in the Magic Kingdom riding It's a Small World. :rotfl2:

I love the idea of the pop up hamper. Now I need to go to Joannes. Like right now! Although I will still have to fold it all to put in the suitcase but I still like the idea. I have been checking the forecast daily. Have you?

I think that hamper would easily fit in a suitcase. It really does fold down pretty flat. I'm trying not to check the weather too much. But, yeah, I've seen it. Hopefully, like most times, it will be better than the predicted forecast.

Okay, so I got really behind, but I totally would have suggested canceling Crystal Palace as well. So hooray. :laughing:

Your bags for Reid are so cute! That neck pillow is hilarious!

I honestly can't believe your trip is THIS WEEK. When did that happen??? Seriously.

I'm glad I made the right decision about CP! :rotfl2:

Thanks! I had fun making his little bags. And I just fell in love with that neck pillow when I saw it.

I know, right?!? Thursday just really, really needs to get here now!!

Reid...

Three more days and you can take Mommy & Daddy to runDisney!!! Please be a super good boy, Santa is watching!pixiedust:

Hope that works Amanda & Ed :hug:

Reid...

Three more days and you can take Mommy & Daddy to runDisney!!! Please be a super good boy, Santa is watching!pixiedust:

Hope that works Amanda & Ed :hug:

Thanks for the help! Hopefully that will do the trick! :goodvibes

Knock on wood.....he has been a really good boy since last Friday.

I can't believe that your trip is almost here! I'm so excited for you, and I cannot wait to hear all about it.

If I don't get back here: safe travels! and have an AMAZING trip.pixiedust:

amandaw said:
Thanks for the help! Hopefully that will do the trick! :goodvibes

Knock on wood.....he has been a really good boy since last Friday.

He knows.... LOL

Safe travels Amanda..have a magical trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter