I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

How about moving your CP ADR until later in the morning? That way you can still get that first hour with an empty park and then head over to eat breakfast after 9am. I do love CP for breakfast. I think its my fav!

fastees.com

Cool! I'll have to check it out!

How about an adr a little later. Then you can do emh AND CP....like 900 am

How about moving your CP ADR until later in the morning? That way you can still get that first hour with an empty park and then head over to eat breakfast after 9am. I do love CP for breakfast. I think its my fav!

That's what I was hoping to do. Unfortunately, there is nothing at all available at CP that day for breakfast. And I don't want to do lunch because we're going to dinner at 'Ohana that night. Would've been helpful if I had mentioned all that to y'all. Sorry! But, I appreciate the input ladies! :goodvibes

I would keep it and not worry. You'll have plenty of time at the MK over the course of the week, and since it is such a slow time of year, I don't think that it will be mobbed, even with the EMHs.

You guys are experts, you'll be able to maximize your time, even with skipping the EMHs. :thumbsup2

Hmm that is a tough one! I think I would keep it though. It is for your second day there and this time of year it is not very busy there.

I'd leave it. By your last MK day you'll probably only be doing your "one last rides", and you'll be getting tired by then too. :goodvibes

Hey there! :wave2: Good to "see" you here! I was just thinking about you this morning, hoping all was ok.

Everything is fine I just have had no time to get on here! And or some reason I have not been getting notifications when people update so I am getting way behind & not knowing it.:confused3

Thank you!! Glad Isaac has blown through & I am feeling MUCH better now.

:thumbsup2

It really is so much easier when they like school. I see some of the kids at his school crying in the hall, not wanting to go into class. It makes me feel so bad for them & their moms. Reid's teacher has to remind him to turn around & tell me "Bye". :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: that's cute. Anthony has been doing better but saying bye is still a little rough.

I think it will give us something fun to enjoy before we have to head back to reality the next day. :sad2:

Yes! You always have to make the last day fun so you don't focus so much on the "last day" part.

That VT/GT game was something else! :eek: I loved going to LSU....fun atmosphere & pretty campus. I don't blame you for staying in state though. Out of state tuition (for every college) is insane! Sorry about y'alls loss yesterday to Pitt....that wasn't pretty.

It was! I couldn't believe VT won. They never drive down the field when under pressure.

Tuition is crazy! VT really is a beautiful school, I loved it there.

Ugh that Pitt game was horrible. Classic Hokies they always underachieve.:sad:

Thanks! I know Reid won't even bat an eye with us leaving him. It just makes me feel like I'm being selfish or something.

I understand the feeling but you are definitely not being selfish! I'm sure that Reid will be talking about how fun the Neverland Club was non-stop!

I know, right?!? I'm trying not to get toooo excited since we still have a full week to get through before we start "vacation week". But, it's so hard to not bounce off the walls! :yay::yay::yay:

Oh I would be totally useless right now if I were you. :rotfl2: Under 2 weeks before vacation is where I start putting everything off until we come back.

As for your CP dilemma I would keep it. Like PP said its a slow time of year & your second MK day. Plus with Reid not being crazy about Pooh & Gang you don't have to worry about seeing all of them if one of them is taking a long time to get around. Their breakfast is yummy too!

I would keep your CP time. I think you'll still have plenty of your morning to get a lot done.

That's what I was hoping to do. Unfortunately, there is nothing at all available at CP that day for breakfast. And I don't want to do lunch because we're going to dinner at 'Ohana that night. Would've been helpful if I had mentioned all that to y'all. Sorry! But, I appreciate the input ladies! :goodvibes

Keep trying and call when you get down there. I bet something will open up. I've had good luck with that when its only a day or two away. Even a really late CP breakfast is better than lunch.

Been there, done that. We had the exact same thing happen last December. I cancelled our ADR. I just hate to not take full advantage of the first couple of hours a park is open. I mean if I'm going to get out of bed and be in a park that early anyway, I might as well be trying to beat the crowds to the fun stuff, then take my time to slow down after it gets crowded.:confused3 :thumbsup2

I seriously think if I had that ADR and went to eat 10 minutes after the park opened, I probably wouldn't really enjoy the meal, because I'd be worried about rushing through and getting done so that we could get back out of there before it got more crowded.

I seem to be the minority but I would cancel. I would try to get a later ADR but if that didn't work I would take the park time. Crystal Palace is my favorite breakfast but when we go in Feb. I know MK will be open at 8am so I am skipping CP this year.

I'm glad you kept your date night. Parents need time too. :goodvibes

I'm starting to get nervous about the party after the TOT run. I have been reading about people who are going that are just going to go and some as a cheaper option than MNSSHP. I'm sad that my one Disney night is probably not going to be as magical as I hoped.:worried:

I want to thank all of you for your input regarding my Crystal Palace ADR and the changed MK hours that morning. I have been so torn on whether to keep it or cancel.

Most of you thought I should just keep it. I think there were only 2 people who suggested canceling the ADR. I won't lie - I was leaning towards canceling the ADR but couldn't commit to that decision. Last night, I talked to Ed about it & told him he needed to give me his "real" opinion - not just what he thought I wanted to hear or what he thought would make me happy. He told me that he wanted me to cancel CP.

After a little discussion, I agreed with him. So, I will be canceling that ADR today. I'm going to post it on the Oct ADR cancellation thread 1st though in case someone else would like it. My reasons for deciding to cancel are below:

- We'll still have 3 other character meals
- Reid doesn't LOVE those characters
- I really don't want to go eat as soon as the park opens & miss those less crowded morning hours
- We are already over our "TS credit limit". So, I have already paid OOP for HDDR and we were going to have to pay OOP for our breakfast at 'Ohana. Now, I can charge 'Ohana to our DDP.

I will get to CP one day to try out breakfast there. It just won't be this trip.

Other than that, I think we are pretty set & ready for our trip. Well, besides needing to still buy a few things and pack us up. I'll probably go to the store on Tuesday to get all the things left to buy that we'll need. And packing will probably begin on Tuesday or Wednesday.

We'll be leaving next Thursday around lunch time. That morning, I plan to finish up packing & (hopefully) go get a pedicure. When Ed gets home around lunch, he'll eat a quick bite, help me finish loading up the car & then we'll go get Reid at school to hit the road!

Now, I have been spending some time trying to come up with things to occupy Reid in the car. Of course, we'll have lots of movies for him. In fact, I'm going to buy the Avengers when it comes out on Tuesday. But, that will be a surprise for him. Other than movies, I have come up with treat bags for him. Here they are:

This is for Thursday afternoon. This bag has a book, a clingy octopus that "climbs" down the window & a book that you can draw pictures about your family. And I'll have crayons in this:

Friday's bag:

Includes: a book, superhero stickers, blank superhero notebook to put stickers in & superhero puzzle that you can also color!

Then 4 bags for the drive home on the Sunday:

Book, slinky, puzzle to color

Book, Cars stickers & coloring book, Robot finger puppets

Book, Halloween puzzle, puzzle to color

Book, puzzle to color, spinning light-up toy thing (not the actual name of the toy :rotfl:)

Everything I bought for these bags were either out of the dollar sections at Target or Michael's or they were from fast food meals. The only things that cost more than $1 were the Room on the Broom book and the Avengers puzzles the you color. But those puzzles were $2 for all 4! :thumbsup2

Now, in order for Reid to have a surface to enjoy these things on, I bought this for him:

I still need to put it in my car & see how well it works. But, I like that it has a cup holder & a little tray to put crayons in. Hopefully, it'll work out well.

I was also worried about his neck & head while sleeping in the car. So, I bought this for him last week:

He loves his alligator neck pillow!

I am still working on an itinerary book for us. I have written up the index cards with each day's schedule & have printed out confirmations & such. I just need to put it all in the 5x7 scrapbook. It will go in my camera bag. This is what the outside of it looks like:

I started thinking about bringing a pop-up hamper with us this year for dirty clothes. I always unpack our suitcases & we normally just throw dirty clothes in an empty suitcase. But, then I have to take it all out to fold & organize & re-pack when leaving. This is the pop-up hamper I bought:

Let me tell y'all, I am so excited about this buy! It was normally $18.99! Well, Joann's was having a sale that day & it was 70% off.....that brought it down to $5.70! Then, I had a 20% off coupon....so I ended up paying $4.91 with tax! :cool1:

Well, I think that's pretty much it for now. I just need to get focused on packing & shopping. And a week from today I'll be leaving!!! I will be stopping by at least once before we leave next week to say "Bye!"

Again, thank you to everyone who followed along! I've really enjoyed it!

I'm starting to get nervous about the party after the TOT run. I have been reading about people who are going that are just going to go and some as a cheaper option than MNSSHP. I'm sad that my one Disney night is probably not going to be as magical as I hoped.:worried:

Yeah, I've been reading about that, too. :( I don't know that we'll stay very long after Ed finishes the race if it's really crowded. Hopefully, it will be better than what we're expecting.

I can completely understand why you would cancel CP, it really is the best choice for you guys! :thumbsup2

Now you just have to plan another trip, just to make that CP breakfast ADR. :rotfl2:

I think the treat bags for Reid look really fun, if we ever do a long road trip, I think I'll steal the idea. I'm sure it will help with keeping him occupied.

Oh and I have to say, that bringing a pop up hamper is golden! I wouldn't travel without mine, and way to score an awesome deal.

Amanda, Missed your CP ordeal until now. Ann and I had the same thing happen to us in December which is why I made multiple CP reservations for 8:05am in case it happened again. Let me know if you want to try to grab one of mine okay?

That is just the cutest little neck support pillow I have ever seen. Love it! I want one! :cool1: Love all the fun bags, too.

I'm glad you were able to make a decision about CP. I have to say that I actually liked not being tied to a lot of ADRs on my last trip, so go ahead and enjoy the park!

I can completely understand why you would cancel CP, it really is the best choice for you guys! :thumbsup2

Now you just have to plan another trip, just to make that CP breakfast ADR. :rotfl2:

Exactly! This is the 2nd trip in a row that it gets bumped off the ADR list. 3rd time's the charm, right?!? :confused3

I think the treat bags for Reid look really fun, if we ever do a long road trip, I think I'll steal the idea. I'm sure it will help with keeping him occupied.

Thank you!! I hope they do the trick. I'm mainly worried about occupying him on the full drive home that Sunday. I figured a new bag when we enter each new state will give him new things to be fascinated with.

Oh and I have to say, that bringing a pop up hamper is golden! I wouldn't travel without mine, and way to score an awesome deal.

I can't believe I haven't brought one before. I was so excited about the good deal I got on it. I don't what it says about me that I'm so pumped up about a pop-up hamper. :rotfl2:

Amanda, Missed your CP ordeal until now. Ann and I had the same thing happen to us in December which is why I made multiple CP reservations for 8:05am in case it happened again. Let me know if you want to try to grab one of mine okay?

It's so frustrating when they change up the hours so close to the days. :headache: That's really sweet of you to offer that. I think we're just going to skip it this year & shoot for it on our next big trip.

That is just the cutest little neck support pillow I have ever seen. Love it! I want one! :cool1: Love all the fun bags, too.

I fell in love with that neck pillow when I saw it. I was in a little store here in town looking for a Christening gift for my niece when I ran across it.

Thanks! I had fun making the bags for him.

I'm glad you were able to make a decision about CP. I have to say that I actually liked not being tied to a lot of ADRs on my last trip, so go ahead and enjoy the park!

I think it was the best decision for us. I still really want to try it one day. We used to not do a lot of ADRs. It can be really nice not being tied down like that.

I don't blame you at all for canceling the ADR. You know how I felt about our last CP breakfast anyway. :rotfl2:

Love all the treat bags! I'll bet that Reid will love them!

Great deal on the hamper! I love a good bargain.

I can't believe that the trip is so close! I'm getting excited for you!

I don't blame you at all for canceling the ADR. You know how I felt about our last CP breakfast anyway. :rotfl2:

:lmao: I really did think about you when I was deciding to cancel! I knew you would be ok with my decision! :thumbsup2

Love all the treat bags! I'll bet that Reid will love them!

Thank you!! My Cricut has been working overtime making all those letters & characters for those bags. :rotfl:

Great deal on the hamper! I love a good bargain.

Thanks! I was really happy with my buy - great price, it's really sturdy & is very easy to operate. Even Ed was impressed with my bargain. :rotfl2:

I can't believe that the trip is so close! I'm getting excited for you!

Well....I'm glad you're excited for me because I'm having a hard time mustering up excitement the past few days.

First - Reid has had the WORST attitude for the past 5 days or so. He's talking back & all manners have gone into hiding somewhere. Then, he came home from school yesterday with mosquito bites all over his legs. Well, he reacts very badly to bug bites. They are HUGE - all about the size of silver dollars, red & swollen. I'm doing Benadryl & Calamine lotion - hoping they'll go down soon. On top of that yesterday, he also got in trouble at school for running in the hall, not helping clean up & hitting someone on their head. Today, I pick him up & I have a note from his teacher that he hit someone again today. :furious: I honestly don't know what to do with that boy. I lost it on the way home. I've taken away all sorts of privileges. I'm hoping that works. Because if not I feel like I'm rewarding all of his horrid behavior with a trip to Disney. Thanks for letting me vent this. It's been such a long week.

Amanda, in case I don't get back here before you leave for your trip, I hope the three of you have a most magical trip. I'm glad Reid liked imhis postcard from Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter