I finally found a way to get DH excited about Disney! - ADDED LINK TO TRIP REPORT

I can understand the mommy guilt... I had can count on one hand how many times we left the kids when they were younger. Course, now I have my youngest dd and well, I have my older ones watch her all the time.

Very cool how you will have only a 4 hour drive on friday!!!

Trip will be here very soon!

Ed & I very rarely leave Reid. Once in a blue moon, I'll have my mom watch him so we can go see a movie. But, that's like once maybe twice a year. We don't even go out alone for our anniversary. So, I shouldn't feel guilty but that "mommy guilt" just takes over sometimes. :sad2:

I'm so happy that we can leave a little earlier on Thursday & drive a little further. I know I'll be busting at the seams on Friday to get to Disney!! :hyper:

Part of me feels like the trip is still so far away. But, when I think of everything I need to do, I know it will be here soon!

I'm glad you decided to stick with your Citrico's ADR. I understand the feeling of guilt, but I'm sure Reid will have a great time and there is really nothing to feel bad about. :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I cancelled the 2 "replacement" ADRs today. So, we're still on for Citricos!

I understand the guilt, but you and Ed deserve a special night out. You are taking Reid to DISNEY WORLD for vacation after all. I think he'll have such a great time at the kid's club that he'll barely notice you're gone.:goodvibes

That's sweet of you to say....thank you!! I do think he'll have a good time.

After you said, "knowing Reid, he'll probably be upset that we're picking him up early from school," it occurred to me that he'd probably have a TON of fun at the Neverland Club!

Plus, I know how you excited you are for your date night at the Grand Floridian! :goodvibes

I'm sure he will have a lot of fun in the Club! We're very blessed that our child is not afraid to go to that sort of setting & just go have fun & try to make friends on his own.

It will be nice to have a date night. We've only had one of those this year....back in April.

Ok, so you know how behind I am, BUT I think I've caught up!!! :thumbsup2

No worries....you know I understand! :goodvibes

Ok, first of all, Reid is like Superman!!!! That is so awesome about his hearing and karate belt.

He would love knowing that you compared him to Superman! It was so shocking & exciting to find out about his hearing. And I'm very proud of him with how well he's doing in karate.

I am so happy you were all safe from Isaac! I was worried about all my Dis friends in the South.

Thank you!! :hug:

OH, WOW! You are two weeks away!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm so excited!!!! :hyper: I just wish the week of us leaving would get here so I could get packing. :rotfl:

So excited for you going in like 2 weeks ish

Thanks!! I can't wait to get there!

shan23877 said:
I understand the guilt, but you and Ed deserve a special night out. You are taking Reid to DISNEY WORLD for vacation after all. I think he'll have such a great time at the kid's club that he'll barely notice you're gone.:goodvibes

Exactly.....you Will all enjoy the evening...with minimal mommy guilt....

You're almost there...yay

I'm so glad you didn't cancel your date night. Mommy guilt is tough, but you deserve a date night and you'll be glad you did it. I can't wait to try Citricos.

Woo hoo for your trip being so darn close now! :cool1:

Hi Amanda!!!

I'm glad you kept your date night - you deserve it. And Reid will be fine. :thumbsup2

It's always hard to leave a child anywhere, but you and Ed deserve a special night out too. I'm sure he'll have a blast and be mad when you make him leave the Club. ;)

I am finally catching up!

I'm so glad you & your family made it through the storm. That had to be so scary! I'm sorry you were feeling sick, I hope you are feeling better now.

I'm glad Reid is enjoying PreK! It's so much easier when they like school.

HDDR sounds really fun! I would like to try that out sometime.:scratchin

Chad is the same way about college football. I went to VA Tech so I follow them (sorry about the GT game...;)) but Chad could watch ANY game. I can't unless I have some interest in the teams. I have always liked LSU. I really wanted to look into going there but decided to stay in state.

I'm glad you decided to keep your date night. I agree that Reid seems like he will love the Neverland Club & all parents deserve some couple time.

I can't believe your trip is less than two weeks away! I'm so excited for you all!:cool1:

I'm so glad you didn't cancel your date night. Mommy guilt is tough, but you deserve a date night and you'll be glad you did it. I can't wait to try Citricos.

Woo hoo for your trip being so darn close now! :cool1:

Thanks! I think I made the right decision by not canceling Citricos. That darn Mommy guilt! :headache: Why don't men get Daddy guilt? :confused3

Hi Amanda!!!

I'm glad you kept your date night - you deserve it. And Reid will be fine. :thumbsup2

You're so right - Reid will be fine at the Club. I just overthink everything. :rotfl:

It's always hard to leave a child anywhere, but you and Ed deserve a special night out too. I'm sure he'll have a blast and be mad when you make him leave the Club. ;)

It is hard - I always feel so guilty. :sad2: But, I know he'll have fun so I'll just try to focus on that.

I am finally catching up!

Hey there! :wave2: Good to "see" you here! I was just thinking about you this morning, hoping all was ok.

I'm so glad you & your family made it through the storm. That had to be so scary! I'm sorry you were feeling sick, I hope you are feeling better now.

Thank you!! Glad Isaac has blown through & I am feeling MUCH better now.

I'm glad Reid is enjoying PreK! It's so much easier when they like school.

It really is so much easier when they like school. I see some of the kids at his school crying in the hall, not wanting to go into class. It makes me feel so bad for them & their moms. Reid's teacher has to remind him to turn around & tell me "Bye". :rotfl2:

HDDR sounds really fun! I would like to try that out sometime.:scratchin

I think it will give us something fun to enjoy before we have to head back to reality the next day. :sad2:

Chad is the same way about college football. I went to VA Tech so I follow them (sorry about the GT game...;)) but Chad could watch ANY game. I can't unless I have some interest in the teams. I have always liked LSU. I really wanted to look into going there but decided to stay in state.

That VT/GT game was something else! :eek: I loved going to LSU....fun atmosphere & pretty campus. I don't blame you for staying in state though. Out of state tuition (for every college) is insane! Sorry about y'alls loss yesterday to Pitt....that wasn't pretty.

I'm glad you decided to keep your date night. I agree that Reid seems like he will love the Neverland Club & all parents deserve some couple time.

Thanks! I know Reid won't even bat an eye with us leaving him. It just makes me feel like I'm being selfish or something.

I can't believe your trip is less than two weeks away! I'm so excited for you all!:cool1:

I know, right?!? I'm trying not to get toooo excited since we still have a full week to get through before we start "vacation week". But, it's so hard to not bounce off the walls! :yay::yay::yay:

We will have have our Tusker House breakfast be in honor of your birthday!! I will definitely have to get us over to Rafiki's Planet to check it out. Can't believe we have never done that.

Okay you are going to be celebrating my birthday in two of my favorite places!! Please drink some Jungle Juice (or whatever they call it) for me at TH! I love that stuff!! And the HDDR!!!! Well, you know how I feel about that place!! I will be spending my birthday at a football field watching high school band after high school band competing at a festival!! :faint: I'll day dream about the fun you are having and live up my birthday vicariously through what I imagine you are doing then and there!! :rotfl2: But at least I won't have too long before i am back...and celebrating my birthday at WDW!! :banana:

You are getting closer and closer!! These last few days should fly by!!

I know I typed up a reply to your most recent update, but I guess it didn't go through, boo!

Anyway, awesome news on being able to leave early, the drive from Tallahassee to Orlando is really fast and easy, you'll be there in no time!

And I agree with everyone else- don't cancel Citricos! I know that Reid will LOVE the kids club, and likely not want to leave at the end of the night. Just think of it as you giving him a special night out on the town, and maybe you'll feel better about it. Its a special treat for him, and you just are happening to have dinner at the same time, right? :rolleyes1;)

Okay you are going to be celebrating my birthday in two of my favorite places!! Please drink some Jungle Juice (or whatever they call it) for me at TH! I love that stuff!! And the HDDR!!!! Well, you know how I feel about that place!! I will be spending my birthday at a football field watching high school band after high school band competing at a festival!! :faint: I'll day dream about the fun you are having and live up my birthday vicariously through what I imagine you are doing then and there!! :rotfl2: But at least I won't have too long before i am back...and celebrating my birthday at WDW!! :banana:

You are getting closer and closer!! These last few days should fly by!!

I will have to dedicate our entire Saturday to be in honor of your birthday! :goodvibes And just think.....when I get back, it'll just about be time for you to go back! :cool1: I keep dropping not-so-subtle hints to Ed that I want a bday trip but he's not taking the bait. :sad:

I know I typed up a reply to your most recent update, but I guess it didn't go through, boo!

Anyway, awesome news on being able to leave early, the drive from Tallahassee to Orlando is really fast and easy, you'll be there in no time!

And I agree with everyone else- don't cancel Citricos! I know that Reid will LOVE the kids club, and likely not want to leave at the end of the night. Just think of it as you giving him a special night out on the town, and maybe you'll feel better about it. Its a special treat for him, and you just are happening to have dinner at the same time, right? :rolleyes1;)

I hate it when posts disappear. I know that has happened to me here as well.

I really appreciate Ed going in to work this coming weekend so that we'll be able to leave early on Thurs. It will make a great difference! I was so excited when I realized how short of a drive it is from Tallahassee to Orlando!

I'm glad no one thinks I'm doing the wrong thing by having a date night while at Disney. I'm sure Reid will be thankful to have some time away from us. :rotfl:

I'm glad we're not the only ones who love college football that much! :rotfl: I wish they would just announce the time of the LSU game for Oct 6th so I could know where I'll be when I need to be score stalking on my phone. :rotfl2:

Thanks! I'm hoping it will help us to end the trip on a high note.

West Virginia....I remember LSU rolling into there last year & taking care of business. :lmao: Sorry! I had to! :rotfl:

My DH has actually grown to be kind of fond of WV since last season & it's all because of one shirt. I think it was maybe West Virginia's 1st game last year & there was a close-up shot of a WV fan with a shirt that said, "West ------- Virginia". The blanks are for a certain word starting with the letter "F". He loved that shirt so much - it cracked him up. No, it doesn't take much. :rotfl: Anyway, now he says that all the time anytime they talk about the Mountaineers.

That is a shirt that the students sell every year, LOL. The last 2 years were great games. The game was crazy last fall, amazing atmosphere for sure.

Caught back up! :) I am so with you about the college football, we will be arriving at WDW Thursday October 4th; I am dying to know if the LSU game will be a CBS or ESPN game. My touring plan for that day will revolve around the game. I have not missed watching a game in over 4 years!

:coffee: Finally caught up with you! Super excited your just over a week away from your trip!!! I know your little man can hardly wait!!!!

Caught back up! :) I am so with you about the college football, we will be arriving at WDW Thursday October 4th; I am dying to know if the LSU game will be a CBS or ESPN game. My touring plan for that day will revolve around the game. I have not missed watching a game in over 4 years!

I know, right?!? I still can't believe I won't be watching the game. I do wish they would say what time it's gonna be so that I can know what time I'll need to be stalking scores on the phone. I would think it's gonna be a night game but you never know.

:coffee: Finally caught up with you! Super excited your just over a week away from your trip!!! I know your little man can hardly wait!!!!

I can't believe it's finally getting here!! :cool1: So ready!!

I am sad that the Magic, Memories and You show is gone. :(

Me, too!! I really wish I had been able to see it on our trip last year. :sad:

Okay DIS peeps.....I need some Disney advice.

Disney has come out with revised park hours for October. The changes will only affect our 2 MK days. The good thing is that on Tuesday, Oct. 1st the park will now close at 10pm instead of 9pm.

The bad change is that on Friday, Oct. 5th, the park now opens at 8am instead of 9am. Of course, this is the day that we have an 810am ADR at Crystal Palace. :sad2: This is also our last day at MK.

Soooo......what would you do? 1. Keep the CP ADR & just hit the park when you're done OR 2. cancel CP so you can get the most of the morning hours on your last day at MK.

Our reason for booking CP was really for the food more than the characters. Reid likes them but they're not his fave. We could always meet them in the park or at the Halloween party.

I'm just so torn as to what to do. I am leaning one way more than the other but wanted to see what y'all think.

Thanks everyone!! :grouphug:

How about an adr a little later. Then you can do emh AND CP....like 900 am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter