• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have the rotation menu for Boma if anyone is interested...

That's what I base my ADR on, and it's always been pretty accurate. I think if you go on a Wed, you have a pretty good chance of the ribs being served that night.

Did anyone happen to have Ribs on a Saturday lately? We are trying to decide between Friday and Saturday night and I would really rather have the ribs.

Thanks

I found the one from 08. I was wondering if anyone has a current one. My DH LOVES the ribs and I'd hate to go on a night they aren't out. TIA

It might be a good idea to call them and check.

I went to Boma on a Friday a few weeks ago and they had stuff that wasn't on any of those rotation menus, like calamari salad and she-crab soup.
I didn't see any ribs.

Here's what they had that we tried: (copied from my dining review w/ video, see here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2239274)

Soups
She-Crab - Delicious! A little salty, but sooo good.
Chicken and Corn Chowder - Good, but nothing special
Lamb Potje (sp?) - Delicious lamb stew, excellent flavors.
Butternut Squash - Yummo! Sweet like pumpkin pie in a bowl.
Coconut Curry Seafood Stew - Delicious, light flavor & generous seafood.

Salads
Calamari Salad - Amazing! You wouldn't think that fried calamari would taste that good in a salad but it was very good - buttery and the dressing set it off perfectly
Watermelon Rind - Good as always, not too spicy this time
Avacado and Papaya - A little heavy on the citrus flavor, but still good.
Jicama Apple and Greens - So-so, the greens tasted a little bitter to me, but that could be b/c I had the butternut squash soup right before
Curry Pasta Salad - Delish! My husband liked this and he's not a big pasta-salad eater
Red Pepper Hummus - Yummo! A little salty
Whitebean Hummus - Delicious!

Hot Entrees
Falafel - Very good! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside
Bobotie - Good as always, nice spices
Carved beef - Good, always eat it with the Boma mustard
Mealie bread - So-so, this just tastes like cornbread to me
Pap and Chaka Laka - Good, filling like mashed potatoes, still not sure exactly what this is!
Fufu - Delicious!
Corn and Spinach Pudding - Good, very creamy, kind of like grits

Desserts - my favorite!
Chocolate Mousse Cups - Yummo, I like this better when you can get a big spoon of the mousse, but its still good in the cups
Cassava Cake - So-so, this didn't really have much flavor
Zebra Domes - Delicious! I've had these before & didn't get the big deal, I get it now!
Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake - Very Good!! I wish that I had gotten two of these
Fruit Tartlet - Not good, no taste really
Banana and Butterscotch Bread Pudding - Delicious! Sooo good, warm and gooey, I prefer it w/ the vanilla sauce over the chocolate rum sauce

We went the first night of our trip on Sunday 8/2. We liked it so much that we went again on the last night of our trip Sunday 8/9.

Almost everything was the same. From what I can remember:

- Salmon changed from Banana leaf wrapped to Mustard
- 3 soups were the same and 1 was different
- curried green beans were offered the first night and black eyed peas the second.

Both nights there was falafel, bobotie, strip loin, spiced chicken, pork shoulder, couscous marrakesh, spinach and corn pudding, 3 flavors of hummus, and 4-5 salads...among many other things.

I was more than pleased with the selection on both nights, but between those two, not much changed.

Hopefully this helps a little.

I am actually surprised that so much changed as both your visits were on a Sunday. They used to have three rotations that were available for 2 nights a week each. The 7th night was called Chef's Choice (or something to that effect) and this could change from week to week, whereas the rotational menus remained pretty much the same.

Corinna

36 days :woohoo: and i will be eating dinner at Boma :yay:

everything sounds so good, i was mentally preparing what to put on each plate :rotfl2:

I found the one from 08. I was wondering if anyone has a current one. My DH LOVES the ribs and I'd hate to go on a night they aren't out. TIA

We were just there about a week ago and went on a Saturday night, and they did have the ribs then.:goodvibes

I love Boma. We are spending 4 nights at AKV in October and I made three dinner ADRs for Boma and one for Jiko (which will be our first visit).

Corinna

I am actually surprised that so much changed as both your visits were on a Sunday. They used to have three rotations that were available for 2 nights a week each. The 7th night was called Chef's Choice (or something to that effect) and this could change from week to week, whereas the rotational menus remained pretty much the same.

Corinna

Maybe our menu was the "chefs choice" since it doesn't jive w/ any of the rotations. IMO it was the best menu we'd had at Boma.

Could also have something to do w/ the fact that we got in right at opening so everything was hot and fresh and untouched when we got up to the displays.

Everyone who's going there soon...Enjoy!!!

I have to wait until Sept 24th before I'll be back :hourglass

36 days :woohoo: and i will be eating dinner at Boma :yay:

everything sounds so good, i was mentally preparing what to put on each plate :rotfl2:

We're at about 33 days from Saana, about 37 days from Boma, and 40 days from Jiko's (if my math is right....Saana on the 16th, Boma on the 20th, Jiko's on the 23rd). :)

REALLY looking forward to it!

Hey guys! I'm booking my ADRs for my upcoming trip in a few weeks and had a question regarding Boma's changing menu schedule?

How does the schedule work? For example, we dined on a Wednesday in August in both 2007 and 2008, and the food available was what we liked. However, in 2009, we dined on a Tuesday and the food items offered were somewhat different, and in my opinion, not nearly as good? Does the schedule go by day of the week or something else?

Also, is the schedule available online in any way, or possibly by calling Disney?

Thanks guys!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter