• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have the rotation menu for Boma if anyone is interested...

Thank you very much CuteAndFluffy. Here's the menu then.

Menu ONE: Tuesday, Friday

• Cold Station Pod Four:
    Pasta Salad
    Watermelon Rind Salad
    Kool Slaai
    Noodle Salad
    Moroccan Seafood Salad

• Cold Station Pod Five:
    Avacado, Papaya & Grapefruit
    Peach and Jicama Salad
    Spinach and Quinoa Salad
    Fried Plantain Corn Salad

• Hot Station Pod Six (SOUPS)
    Chicken Pepper Pot
    Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
    Chicken Corn Porridge
    Butternut Squash Soup
    Blackeye Pea with Ginger Juice

• Hot Station Pod Seven
    Coconut Curry Cauliflower
    Vegetable Lentil Kofta
    Fufu
    Potatoes with Afritude
    Cous Cous Marakesh
    Jollof Rice

• Rotisserie
    Pap and Sheeba
    Whole Spiced Chicken
    Roasted Vegetables
    Bobotie
    Crusted Prime Rib
    Seafood Special
    African Flank Steak

• Choice of Salmon
    BBQ Tamarind Salmon
    Coconut Curry Salmon
    Banana Wrap Salmon
    Nut Crusted Salmon
    Moroccan Almond Salmon
    Banana Curried Salmon

Menu TWO: Monday, Thursday

• Cold Station Pod Four
    Pasta Salad
    Watermelon Rind Salad
    Kool Slaai
    Asparagus and Bean Salad
    Melon Salad with Port Wine

• Cold Station Pod Five
    Cous Cous Salad
    Avocado, Papaya & Grapefruit
    Carrot, Coconut, Pineapple Salad
    Watercress Salad

Potato Bacon
    Lamb & Rice Stew
    Mulligatawny
    Seafood Gumbo
    Plantain Corn Chowder

• Hot Station Pod Seven
    Peanut Rice
    Bok Choy
    Vegetable Lentil Kofta
    FuFu
    Potatoes with Afritude
    Cous Cous Marakesh

• Rotisserie
    Pap and Sheeba
    Seafood Special
    Whole Spiced Chicken
    Corn on the Cobb with Honey Butter
    Bobotie
    Crusted Prime Rib
    Lamb Potjie

• Choice of Pork Loin
    Pepper Pot Pork Loin
    Coconut Curry Pork Loin
    Coca Cola Pork Loin
    Pork with apple and pear chutney

Menu THREE: Wednesday, Saturday

• Cold Station Pod Four
    Pasta Salad
    Watermelon Rind Salad
    Kool Slaai
    Fennel Smoked Fish Salad
    Chicken with Chili Cilantro

• Cold Station Pod Five
    Avocado, Grapefruit, Paw Paw
    Roasted Eggplant and Bean Salad
    Tunisian Cous Cous Salad
    Ethiopian Bread Salad

Carrot & Ginger
    Oxtail Barley Soup
    Three Bean Gumbo with Sausage
    Coconut Curry Chicken Stew
    Moroccan Seafood Stew

• Hot Station Pod Seven
    Peanut Rice
    Tofu & Green Bean Curry
    Vegetable Lentil Kofta
    Fufu
    Potatoes with Afritude
    Cous Cous Marakesh

• Rotisserie
    Pap and Sheeba
    Seafood Special
    Whole Spiced Chicken
    Roasted Vegetables
    Bobotie
    Crusted Prime Rib
    Slow Roasted Ribs

Does anyone know if the deserts are also on a rotation? The desserts were awesome the first two times, but really lacked in 2009. I especially missed the Tiramisu!

We are going on Sunday, April 25. Does anyone know what menu they serve on Sundays?

The link provided above didn't give a menu for Sunday. You can probably call the restaurant directly and a cast member will answer your question.

Enjoy your trip!:woohoo:

Hmm. Is the menu usually accurate in terms of the soup? We loved the soups last time we went, but the Tuesday soups (we are scheduled for a Tuesday) don't necessarily look like something all family members would enjoy. Would it be silly to change the day based on this? (Probably.)

We are going on Sunday, April 25. Does anyone know what menu they serve on Sundays?

Sunday is not part of the regular rotation. What you get on Sunday is a surprise, generally a mix of the other menus.

Hmm. Is the menu usually accurate in terms of the soup? We loved the soups last time we went, but the Tuesday soups (we are scheduled for a Tuesday) don't necessarily look like something all family members would enjoy. Would it be silly to change the day based on this? (Probably.)

This is a perfectly valid reason for considering what day during your trip to book a reservation! In fact, this is my reasoning, along with the bad desserts last time we ate.:cool2:

Thank you so much for this thread. We have only been to Boma once before and did not like it. But I have convinced my DH to give it a try again and by the looks of the above rotation menu, Mondays & Thursdays look like it is right up our alley.:thumbsup2

Us, too. I wonder what we'll get. Never been before on a Sunday.:confused3

Sunday is not part of the regular rotation. What you get on Sunday is a surprise, generally a mix of the other menus.

A good surprise or a bad one? :rotfl: I hope it wont be a combination of all the things we don't like...:sad2: Now I'm wondering if we should switch days...

We have a Sunday ADR as well

Hope it's not just what everyone left behind on Monday - Saturday :rotfl2:

Thank you so much for this thread. We have only been to Boma once before and did not like it. But I have convinced my DH to give it a try again and by the looks of the above rotation menu, Mondays & Thursdays look like it is right up our alley.:thumbsup2

The rotation posted is from 2005, so it's about 5 years old. (Possibly not the best judge for making reservations, because Disney has made pretty big property wide changes to their meats, etc in the past two years)

Anyone got a more recent take on the menu rotation? We're not having much luck verifying some of the menu choices. My mom called yesterday to try and verify some of the meat choices, whether there might be a fish choice, etc. to help sell this to the family as a Friday choice over Cape May (too boring for me, and I also don't really like seafood). She used the number for AKL and was transferred to some clueless CM (I generally like and support them, but this would be an exception).

The upshot of it is that the answer she received indicated that the cast member was obviously thinking of the wrong place, despite being given the name. She was told that it wasn't a buffet, was given a few beef choices, two soup choices, etc. - enough things to tell me that the CM didn't have the faintest idea what was actually served at Boma.

Unfortunately, when I was there in September I went on a Thursday but can't remember what was there - I'm not a picky eater and welcomed whatever they served (other than the Fufu - and I am glad I didn't. The 2 in our party that had it had rather embarassing gastric distress, and the two of us that didn't eat it were OK. The Fufu was clearly the culprit.) So I didn't really take a lot of notice what I ate and what was available.

We have never paid that much attention to the rotation. In fact, looking at the previous post, I notice some of my favourite soups are not available on Friday when we booked. Oh well, a perfect chance to try something new and be pleasantly surprised I am sure. As long as they have bobotie every night I am happy.:thumbsup2

Here is a video of the Boma Buffet if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3elhBNqxOw - hot entrees and soups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-q627yB3Dk - desserts and salads

We have never paid that much attention to the rotation. In fact, looking at the previous post, I notice some of my favourite soups are not available on Friday when we booked. Oh well, a perfect chance to try something new and be pleasantly surprised I am sure. As long as they have bobotie every night I am happy.:thumbsup2

We went on a Friday last year and it was the best Boma experience we'd ever had. :thumbsup2 Hopefully you will have a similar experience!

------------------------------------------

How current is that rotation? I thought I'd heard that the salmon had been discontinued.

Not current. We were there on a Thursday, and they had a mushroom soup that is not listed. This is a VERY dated rotation list that pops up here from time to time.

If you're wedded to a particular dish, I'd call the restaurant and make sure it's going to be there.

Are the chocolate mousse cups generally available as desserts or do these rotate too? They look DELICIOUS! Looks like we'll be there on a Saturday if that helps!

Hoping the ribs on Wed & Sat are still served those days. :upsidedow
Does anyone know if Bomas Ribs are served on specific nights nowadays?We have reservations for next Friday night?We have our fingers crossed.Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if Bomas Ribs are served on specific nights nowadays?We have reservations for next Friday night?We have our fingers crossed.Thanks for any help.

When we went this past September, we switched our ressie to a Sat night on purpose, looking for those ribs. We were not disappointed! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter