I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You put it perfectly. I need time off from others too, which is why typically I am anti social and read in the lunchroom on my tablet.

And sometimes my mind just needs to focus on one thing and non work stuff, so a book is perfect. Also why I try not to read non fiction at work unless it's super interesting, too much thinking :)

I am weird and think I am both extroverted and introverted. I can sit and talk and engage with people for hours, but sometimes I just want to put my earbuds in and not be bothered. It really depends on the day and company.

This is me too! And you can be both, I forget how they put it but I've read about it. Makes sense because a lot of people aren't just one or the other.

Now I can’t stop thinking about the grilled bacon-wrapped asparagus skewers from Bengal Barbecue in Disneyland.

That just sounds gross all around. I'll put myself in the shun counter for saying that I don't like bacon, but I don't want the oreo's or dr pepper that are there either. So if I need to make a new corner I'll have hot chocolate and coke to drink with tillamook cheddar cheese to snack on. Maybe some M&M's but I'm trying to cut back on eating sugar, clearly I'm not cutting back on drinking it :)

There’s just no accounting for taste. :confused3

Funny thing is I live bacon and onion dip but I don't think anyone makes it any more. And it's a pain to make.

I also used to eat bacon when I was little but never really enjoyed it. I have a high aversion to fat pieces on meat and won't/can't eat them. I underatand the need for marbling and if the steak or roast is cooked properly I'm good but not the fat. Also not huge on pork unless it's ham and only for sandwiches or eggs, I don't want it for the meat at dinner with sides.

@Haley R talks about being picky but I'm pretty sure she eats more things than I do, though we agree on asparagus. But I remember something about wings which is a no go for me, no dark meat, it's a texture thing. I'm also the first to admit I'm not a foodie and I'm very much a food as fuel though there's things I crave and enjoy but it's nothing for me to go days at a time where nothing sounds good and figuring out what to eat is a chore.

Funny thing is I live bacon and onion dip but I don't think anyone makes it any more. And it's a pain to make.

I also used to eat bacon when I was little but never really enjoyed it. I have a high aversion to fat pieces on meat and won't/can't eat them. I underatand the need for marbling and if the steak or roast is cooked properly I'm good but not the fat. Also not huge on pork unless it's ham and only for sandwiches or eggs, I don't want it for the meat at dinner with sides.

@Haley R talks about being picky but I'm pretty sure she eats more things than I do, though we agree on asparagus. But I remember something about wings which is a no go for me, no dark meat, it's a texture thing. I'm also the first to admit I'm not a foodie and I'm very much a food as fuel though there's things I crave and enjoy but it's nothing for me to go days at a time where nothing sounds good and figuring out what to eat is a chore.
I don't eat wings. Not at all. Yuck on all accounts. I cannot deal with the textures. However, I will cook a whole chicken and de-bone it for a meal and use the dark meat. I'm not opposed to the dark meat but biting it off the bone with all the other stuff attached is too much for me.

Hmm okay. We might have to see if there’s some kind of fuel saver nearby. The houses we like the most are right by a Publix and walking distance to a highly rated elementary school. It’s funny because a lot of the house descriptions say “drive your golf cart to school or the store”. Guess we might have to buy a golf cart lol.
I would totally buy a golf cart if they are allowed in your community! My mom lives on a lake in TX and everyone drives around in golf carts. It's super fun and so much safer for kids!

I love asparagus. I have like 3lbs in my fridge right now. You really are picky about foods, aren't you??
Yeah I’m pretty picky. The only vegetables I like are broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. I can’t say corn because Dh says “it’s a grain” and potatoes are “a starch”. Even though I like both.

I love wings but only if they’re not spicy. I don’t have a good tolerance for spicy foods although I’ve been getting slowly better with it. I think it’s one of those things your body has to get used to.

I’m not a big bacon person either. I LOVE bacon by itself but that’s it. I don’t want bacon wrapped anything and definitely not on my cheeseburger. Dh and I buy the center cut bacon so there’s no fat on the sides but we literally only buy bacon like once every 6 months.

I think the biggest thing with me being picky is I hate my foods touching, like if there’s some kind of run off or juices. I don’t want my pork juice all over my green beans lol

I would totally buy a golf cart if they are allowed in your community! My mom lives on a lake in TX and everyone drives around in golf carts. It's super fun and so much safer for kids!
I nannied for a family for 3 years that live in the small town I sub in. They live on the golf course and we drove their golf cart everywhere. Their parents even let them drive it around as long as I was on it with them. Dh really wants a 3-car garage but I don’t think it’s for a golf cart lol. In all honesty I want a jet ski

I nannied for a family for 3 years that live in the small town I sub in. They live on the golf course and we drove their golf cart everywhere. Their parents even let them drive it around as long as I was on it with them. Dh really wants a 3-car garage but I don’t think it’s for a golf cart lol. In all honesty I want a jet ski
My parents let my kids drive the golf cart. So much fun! Buy both a jet ski and golf cart. Just buy used! There will be a plethora of people who bought jet skis and then realized they never use them :) That is the norm with jet skis!

My parents let my kids drive the golf cart. So much fun! Buy both a jet ski and golf cart. Just buy used! There will be a plethora of people who bought jet skis and then realized they never use them :) That is the norm with jet skis!
I’ll have to get a new car before I can think about getting a jet ski. My car might last 2-3 more years I’m guessing. Dh isn’t on board at all about the jet ski but he didn’t grow up going to the lake like I did. I could see him getting a golf cart though. It’ll be funny having a golf cart and we don’t even golf :lmao:

Yeah I’m pretty picky. The only vegetables I like are broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. I can’t say corn because Dh says “it’s a grain” and potatoes are “a starch”. Even though I like both.
What?? Peppers, onion, zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers, cabbage, avocado, okra, spinach????? You don't any of those? Potatoes are a vegetable but aren't nutritionally great.

It’ll be funny having a golf cart and we don’t even golf :lmao:
Neither do my mom and stepdad! Nor do they live on a golf course. Yet everyone drives a golf cart around the neighborhood! Again, I love it since it's safer for my kids.

Saw this article making its way around the blogosphere and eventually to Reddit today: United Airlines Plays Hardball With Expedia and JPMorgan Chase - skift.

On the credit card side, executives have been negotiating with JPMorgan Chase on a new contract, asking for terms as generous as Delta Air Lines received earlier this month from American Express. The United relationship is important to Chase, and eventually, the airline likely will get its own rich deal.
[Joseph] DeNardi [an analyst with Stifel] said he expects United will engage in a request for proposals process, if only to put pressure on Chase. United, he said, could solicit proposals from Wells Fargo or Bank of America.

Expedia is another matter.

In February, United said it has been unable to reach a new agreement with the online travel agency, and on Wednesday executives confirmed they plan to pull their flights from the group’s consumer sites by Sept. 30.
“The big question is whether United intends to walk away from Expedia following the contract expiration, or whether it is simply playing hardball in search of better terms[.]”

So, uh... on the credit card side, United is fishing for a better deal, if not from Chase then WF or BofA; and possibly even splitting the portfolio like AA does with Citi and Barclays.

But pulling United fares off Expedia?! Now that the Chase travel portal runs on Expedia? Chase UR is taking some major hits lately with the loss of Disney redemptions, Hyatt and Marriott category changes, the loss of Korean Air as a transfer partner, devaluation of United as a transfer partner due to the end of award charts, and now possibly the removal of United flights from redemption through the portal altogether. :sad2:

Last edited:
I am weird and think I am both extroverted and introverted. I can sit and talk and engage with people for hours, but sometimes I just want to put my earbuds in and not be bothered. It really depends on the day and company.

I'm the same, although much more on the introvert side than the extrovert. But sometimes I can spend the day with a friend and we can talk for hours. The nice thing about being in a family of introverts is that I can kind of get some alone time even when everyone is home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter