I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - now that we brought cereal into this...confession time... before we were churners we were “extreme couponers”.

We once bought 120 boxes of cereal 😮 at once and had them stacked in our basement storage room ordered by exp date. It was a sight to behold. My wife enjoys cereal and at that time in her life was eating it for breakfast, lunch, and her evening snack. 🤣

Crawfish - nope, nope, nope. As you you know, both DH and I lived in Mississippi and we are both the only ones in our families not to eat seafood. And that is a big especially NO to crawfish. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

That's so funny - we're in Illinois (near the St Louis area) and our middle DD goes to school in Mississippi at Ole Miss, and crawfish are a BIG thing down there. They have crawfish boils and cookouts all the time. I couldn't believe that she actually started eating them. She would have never done that when she lived in Illinois :rotfl2:

My Mom always made our Pop Tarts in the toaster then when they were done she'd spread butter on them like they were toast. :) I still eat them like that once a year or so when I have a sweets craving & no sweets around. Seriously tho for you Pop Tart lovers - TRY IT! My kids even eat them like that now.
Yes to the butter. And that's how you eat the crust. I miss pop tarts sometimes. I sometimes buy them for travel, the gluten free ones are just way to expensive.

I never buy them, but I do love the cinnamon ones!!
I think I have mentioned before, my once a week indulgent breakfast is frozen waffles with Skippy chunky and Nutella.
I don't think I ever had the cinnamon one. Maybe I will try it! That indulgent breakfast sounds amazing! I like the Eggo thick and fluffy waffles and this would be delicious on it :cloud9:

I'm the opposite. Sweets upset my stomach. I can't do a ton of meat though either (or dairy) anymore :(
Crazy how different things affect people differnetly! Sorry about the dairy 🙁. I have another coworker that had that happen to her!

Ok - now that we brought cereal into this...confession time... before we were churners we were “extreme couponers”.

We once bought 120 boxes of cereal 😮 at once and had them stacked in our basement storage room ordered by exp date. It was a sight to behold. My wife enjoys cereal and at that time in her life was eating it for breakfast, lunch, and her evening snack. 🤣
Been there, done that. Way, way back in the day I was pretty much the online source of info for military couponers. I kept a list online weekly of which coupons could be stacked at the commissary. I did a lot of stocking up at Andrew AFB lol Now I just do not have time to sort through coupons and there just doesn't seem to be great ones anymore.

WOW! Were you on TLC? I used to watch that show all the time #LifeGoals :rotfl:

My CIC via AU on mom's is on its way in the mail. Do any of y'all know if Office Depot has a limit on the amount of dgc I can buy in a visit? I've read things about cashiers being wonky when there's deal going on but just a regular Thursday, stroll in and buy dgc? I have $3k left on the cruise that I don't want to do to pay ( I know, woe is me...I'm seriously hoping to be subpoena'd).

Thanks 😊

That's so funny - we're in Illinois (near the St Louis area) and our middle DD goes to school in Mississippi at Ole Miss, and crawfish are a BIG thing down there. They have crawfish boils and cookouts all the time. I couldn't believe that she actually started eating them. She would have never done that when she lived in Illinois :rotfl2:

I am sorry she goes to Ole Mess :rotfl2: . Mississippi State graduate, so not a fan. lol But yes, crawfish boils are a big thing. Good for her for trying them. It is a hard pass for me. I can't get past the look and sucking them out. :crazy2::crazy2:

Any toaster strudel people out there? I loved the apple one when I was little. So tiny though! I could have eaten the whole box in a sitting :lmao:

Yes! My brothers and I used to try to steal each other's icing packets. That was the best!

United also puts saver v regular miles fares out in batches so just because they're not up one day doesn't mean later they won't pop up, at least in my experience.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm going to have to be stalking big time once Friday hits. I think if I'm unable to get saver fares, I'll wait it and out see what my options are using UR to book Jetblue. I think the only nonstops are from JFK which I absolutely hate, but not sure it's worse than a layover to go from EWR. We'll see what happens. At least we have options if the United one doesn't pan out.

I've never had a Pop Tart, and I don't want to even try one. Oh, and peanut butter should have only 2 ingredients - peanuts and salt. It's shouldn't be sweet. I buy mine at both TJ's and Whole Foods. That is all. :rolleyes1

Oh, and @SouthFayetteFan, I was trying to make Haley feel better if she didn't get Palo LOL. I do really like the brunch, but I don't think anything could live up to the hype it's been getting online these days. ;)

Been there, done that. Way, way back in the day I was pretty much the online source of info for military couponers. I kept a list online weekly of which coupons could be stacked at the commissary. I did a lot of stocking up at Andrew AFB lol Now I just do not have time to sort through coupons and there just doesn't seem to be great ones anymore.
WOW! Were you on TLC? I used to watch that show all the time #LifeGoals :rotfl:
We probably could’ve been on the show. 🤣 I think we also had 80 tubes of free toothpaste at the time. The 120 boxes of cereal was crazy because we were getting paid $0.25 a box to carry them out the store. Yes - we MADE money buying those!!! It took a ton of time. I spent hours a week planning our grocery trip and we would go to 3 different stores most weeks.

The show unfortunately killed it though. Too many people tried to jump in. Some did ok, some also did stupid stuff and killed it. (sound familiar to any churners????) Once the stores cracked down on the coupon policies it was all over and these days it’s a shell of itself. We abandoned ship and I moved on to be obsessed with churning which is obviously much more lucrative!!

HAHA sorry for the confusion, my coworker is the "her"/"she." @SouthFayetteFan is a he who like women's capes (was that article of clothing a cape?)
I had to read it a couple of times but I understood it finally before moving on lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter