I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe beef tongue was one of the choices at Oyamel in DC when we went. I know I had a hard time picking something that didn’t sound too exotic or seafood. I think grasshopper was also on there. 🤮 I don’t like seafood and am not that adventurous on foods. Reminds me of the picture I took last week when I was in the Pittsburgh Strip District. Dang that they were all out of Iguana, because that’s what I was going to buy. 🤣🤣

View attachment 436964

Ooh I'm going to remember that. I haven't made it to Oyamel yet.

I can say, from that list, you can skip alligator. They say it tastes like chicken, I guess if your chicken tastes like crap that's accurate. Elk is very tasty. Crawfish is kind of an acquired taste, I'm not too big on them and only eat them fresh boiled and unpeeled.

So I'm not going to lie. I've eaten way too many pop tarts in my life but I have a terrible sweet tooth. Now that I'm 42, I probably wouldn't eat one. Mainly because one pack is not two servings, it's one despite what the nutrition information tells me. And I don't need 400 empty calories. But in college I liked the frosted strawberry (so sweet--ew) and the brown sugar ones they sold in the vending machines. I still like the s'mores ones. Just being real!
Are they really 400 calories!?! That is nuts! I can't imagine how sweet the s'mores ones are. I can't eat anything sweet until much later in the day (can't eat donuts either in the morning and I actually think those are good). I don't even usually eat breakfast and if I do, it's at like 10:30.

Are they really 400 calories!?! That is nuts! I can't imagine how sweet the s'mores ones are. I can't eat anything sweet until much later in the day (can't eat donuts either in the morning and I actually think those are good). I don't even usually eat breakfast and if I do, it's at like 10:30.
I think they are 400 calories for two.

I can say, from that list, you can skip alligator. They say it tastes like chicken, I guess if your chicken tastes like crap that's accurate. Elk is very tasty. Crawfish is kind of an acquired taste, I'm not too big on them and only eat them fresh boiled and unpeeled.
What?!? I actually love alligator. I totally think it tastes like chicken. I never get it here in CO :( I love Elk too. Crawfish are not really my thing. I'd agree they are an acquired taste and I never acquired it.

I can eat sweets early but if I do it's all down hill (meaning by 8 PM I will be on my 10th dessert) and I feel sick. I really wish I didn't have a sweet tooth.

I think they’re disgusting - toasted or not. Just too sweet and fakey tasting. I do buy them for my boys occasionally. But mostly I just like picking on @SouthFayetteFan :laughing:

They are and there's so many other things I'd rather indulge in for breakfast if that was the goal. Of course I also don't really care for oreo's, especially now that they got rid of the mint fudge covered one's, they are gross and the white "cream" leaves a film on my mouth. So I will have to bring my own snacks to the shun corner.

But it you only had them once, maybe you just didn't have the right flavor for you :-)

Haha, no. It wasn't just the flavor I had, but like @wendow said, so sweet and fake tasting. They just aren't good to me. Plus all the calories, no thanks. I'd much rather save them for peanut butter, a bottle of coke, a starbucks hot chocolate or half a candy bar. Obviously I didn't cut all sugar out, cause that's way too hard and just not fun, but I stopped making candy a snack and eat an apple to get my sweetness instead. I don't want the sweet stuff as much but when I do I have to plan it out with my calories and make sure I have room. Makes it harder but at the same time it also makes it worth it more. And I'm down over 17 lbs since I started in May, almost to my goal. Which also means I really need to get more serious about the toning and stuff because I've really slacked on my weight days since I got back from WDW in August. I notice the lack of it the most in my core, so my back's been bugging me. I didn't realize not doing them would cause it because it'd been better so I thought I was going to be good, haha jokes on me.

I can eat sweets early but if I do it's all down hill (meaning by 8 PM I will be on my 10th dessert) and I feel sick. I really wish I didn't have a sweet tooth.
I also have a horrible sweet tooth! I actually prefer sweet breakfast items (french toast, waffles, pancakes, pastries, etc) to savory ones (eggs, meat, etc). They just agree with my stomach better.

I also have a horrible sweet tooth! I actually prefer sweet breakfast items (french toast, waffles, pancakes, pastries, etc) to savory ones (eggs, meat, etc). They just agree with my stomach better.
I'm the opposite. Sweets upset my stomach. I can't do a ton of meat though either (or dairy) anymore :(

Sorry about the mult quotes y'all.

Oh how frustrating! Definitely something to monitor. I can’t believe they all sold out that fast!!

United also puts saver v regular miles fares out in batches so just because they're not up one day doesn't mean later they won't pop up, at least in my experience.

I saw that, but there aren't any Palo brunch reservations left for our cruise :( I'll keep checking every day, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I heard you can wait in line on embarkation day so I might try that

Check daily and if reservation doesn't pop up go to whereever the Daily Navigator says to go for Palo reservations upon embarkation.

I like Palo brunch, but it gets overhyped online (which is why it's getting so hard to book these days).

On this, I respectfully disagree. Brunch is awesome-all those Parmesan cheese chunks! Cinnamon rolls! Chocolate dipped strawberries...YUM and YUM.

So, yes, try when you board, but don't feel like you're missing out on something so special that it will ruin your cruise

I completely agree with not letting it ruin your cruise if you don't get the dining reservations you want. There is a lot to do onboard the ship and you'll be amazed at how quickly the days fly by, with or without Palo.

Last edited:

Crawfish - nope, nope, nope. As you you know, both DH and I lived in Mississippi and we are both the only ones in our families not to eat seafood. And that is a big especially NO to crawfish. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: I will eat some seafood, I just don't particularly like it. And can't stand the smell. I know DH has had alligator, I don't think he liked it either. I have had Elk, it was fine.

My Mom always made our Pop Tarts in the toaster then when they were done she'd spread butter on them like they were toast. :) I still eat them like that once a year or so when I have a sweets craving & no sweets around. Seriously tho for you Pop Tart lovers - TRY IT! My kids even eat them like that now.

Woah - Pop-Tarts are a universally acceptable breakfast food enjoyed by millions worldwide each day (both adults and children). Don't you come after my Pop-Tarts!! :rotfl2: 😂 :lmao:
I don't like Pop Tart "crust" either! What's the point? I mean I know it has to be there. Maybe we should invent a tool to remove Pop Tart crust that we can sell for $4:)

The only time I ate pop tarts was eating my nephew's pop tart corners without the fruit, like 20 years ago! Not my thing even though I have a major sweet tooth. Now cereal is a whole different story... I love the weekends when I have time to eat it for breakfast... or occasionally for dinner. Honey bunches of oats, fruit loops, rice crispies, and Cap'n Crunch are my personal favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter