• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he clicks on view all cards, then clicks on “Looking for personal cards“
Go into your AmEx account, on the BBP home page, you should see Refer Friends, Get Rewarded, click on it.

on that page, you can copy the referral link.

paste it into a new window and remove all of the extra wording prior to the http Url and enter

on This screen, you’ll have a list of business cards, click on the link for personal cards.

on this screen, select the personal card you want to apply for

apply for the card for DH

once approved, you’ll get the 10k MR referral bonus.
Thank you both. I figured it out. I didn’t realize you get 20% back on amazon for the first 6 months with the blue cash everyday card. That makes it way more appealing! We buy practically everything from amazon right now

Hi all,

I am ready for my next bonus on a new credit card. I received the SW CP thanks to this thread!!! Of course, cannot really use it yet with the 'rona. I am now looking for a new spend to accumulate some points/rewards for hotel stays. We are happy to stay at mid level hotels, not picky, nothing fancy (not motel 6 though). I am leaning toward CSP but Marriot Bonvoy has a large bonus right now.

I've narrowed it down to these three:

Chase Sapphire Preferred
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
IHG Rewards Club Premier

Any thoughts? They all seem very similar. I only have 2 chase cards. Looking for hotels up and down the east and west coast, maybe visiting DL if travel resumes in 2021. Thankyou!

@Judique Have you had your Hyatt Regency stay in Cambridge yet? Thinking it might make a nice Labor Day weekend getaway. I had filights To FL but DH doesn’t think he can get off. Plus DS starts school on 8/8 so it might be better to stay more local.
If you do go, Hyatt has some nice offers right now. Registration is required.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys-elite-member-offer.htmlhttps://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/redemption-offer-US.htmlI apologize in advance if this has been posted before.

Hi all,

I am ready for my next bonus on a new credit card. I received the SW CP thanks to this thread!!! Of course, cannot really use it yet with the 'rona. I am now looking for a new spend to accumulate some points/rewards for hotel stays. We are happy to stay at mid level hotels, not picky, nothing fancy (not motel 6 though). I am leaning toward CSP but Marriot Bonvoy has a large bonus right now.

I've narrowed it down to these three:

Chase Sapphire Preferred
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
IHG Rewards Club Premier

Any thoughts? They all seem very similar. I only have 2 chase cards. Looking for hotels up and down the east and west coast, maybe visiting DL if travel resumes in 2021. Thankyou!
Out of those 3, you’ll find most people recommending the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP). While Marriott has a “large” bonus, you want to also weigh what those points are worth. I’d say that URs are worth roughly 2x what Marriott points are worth... and that doesn’t account for the flexibility they provide.

I probably should also mention weighing a MDD for both Sapphire cards BUT with Chase making it more difficult to get approved for new cards recently that possibly isn’t quite as good of an idea as it used to be.

Many of these cards have links on DISchurners too as a reminder. 😊

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys-elite-member-offer.htmlhttps://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/redemption-offer-US.htmlI apologize in advance if this has been posted before.
Thanks, I am already registered. I have a stay this week at the Grand Cypress in Orlando. We are looking forward to some pool, kayaking and paddle boat time. Oh, and dinner at STK. DS13 suddenly has a taste for filet and is enjoying running up our dinner bill :)

@Judique Have you had your Hyatt Regency stay in Cambridge yet? Thinking it might make a nice Labor Day weekend getaway. I had filights To FL but DH doesn’t think he can get off. Plus DS starts school on 8/8 so it might be better to stay more local.

Not yet! I'm waiting for my next free night certificate to post and then I'll try to go in early to mid October. I have one that Hyatt extended also so I can use two of them together and save actual points for Ocean City.

The weekend pricing in mid October is still well over $200 a night and I am okay with that value for my $75 annual fee - I have the old Hyatt card.

And, I'm interested in going to the Blackwater National Refuge when the mosquitos have possibly departed.

Mosquitos have erupted here and I haven't treated my yard yet so barely want to open my door.

No apologies needed! People may see stuff reposted and get their memory jogged, even if they did get the emails. As for me, I signed up for all the offers, but I rarely use cash for hotels. I do like to take advantage when they have nights around a $100 mark just to boost points and nights a bit.

I've got free nights at Marriott (5 per year), IHG, Hyatt, plus Radisson points, and I collect points at all of the above, and try to keep a stash handy. I also belong to other hotel rewards chains, notably Hilton, but don't have a Hilton card - yet. (I got the popup last year.) Working on that.

There are some data points of people getting the pop-up using a support link, but not without.

Your Capital One app and the 6 month rule - at least you didn't get the hard pulls?
Okay I’ll try having him apply without a support link just to see if it makes a difference.

How do you know if they do a hard pull or not? He will be at 6 months next month so could he apply then?

There are some data points of people getting the pop-up using a support link, but not without.

Your Capital One app and the 6 month rule - at least you didn't get the hard pulls?
@Haley R Wasn’t there something also about one card getting the pop up and if you apply for a different card/brand it would go through? Like you got the pop up on Hilton Aspire but then people got approved immediately for Delta.

I'm getting very close to applying for a Chase card. I think I want a CSP. I want UR's and the ability to transfer them to my Hyatt account. I have a Chase Freedom and a CIU and I looked closely at the possibility of also applying for the ink cash but I'm thinking that I may be better off trying to convert the CIU into a CIC to use for the office store 5%.

Of course I would like to go hog wild and apply for everything but I think that I should just be cautious and apply to meet my projected needs. I've got a nice supply of UR's waiting for transfer, and want to get that done. Either that or just cash them out.

Meanwhile, I may give up something in my Amex collection, but not sure which way to go there. Maybe turn my Brilliant into an Amex Bonvoy......but not before November. We will see.

I'm getting very close to applying for a Chase card. I think I want a CSP. I want UR's and the ability to transfer them to my Hyatt account. I have a Chase Freedom and a CIU and I looked closely at the possibility of also applying for the ink cash but I'm thinking that I may be better off trying to convert the CIU into a CIC to use for the office store 5%.

Of course I would like to go hog wild and apply for everything but I think that I should just be cautious and apply to meet my projected needs. I've got a nice supply of UR's waiting for transfer, and want to get that done. Either that or just cash them out.

Meanwhile, I may give up something in my Amex collection, but not sure which way to go there. Maybe turn my Brilliant into an Amex Bonvoy......but not before November. We will see.
I assume you’re up to speed on Chase biz card issues. If not, be aware that the odds of getting a sole prop approved for a CIC are virtually nonexistent right now 😔

CSP is a good move... I assume you know that you’re eligible for a Sapphire bonus (48 mo rule). Are you giving any consideration to a MDD?

Okay I’ll try having him apply without a support link just to see if it makes a difference.

How do you know if they do a hard pull or not? He will be at 6 months next month so could he apply then?

It'll show up as an inquiry on your credit report. Do you have Credit Karma or the free Equifax, Experian accounts?

Probably you can try again for the Capital One next month. Sounds like they don't count the app attempt at <6 months. The info at the end about freezing Experian is out of date (don't do that :)).

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital-one-tightens-churning-rules/

I’m so happy...my CF is now showing the 5% back on groceries (I sm’d about an intro offer match a couple weeks ago), and they are giving me 9% back at Whole Foods. I do shop there once in a while for stuff that’s hard to find anywhere else. This freedom card is working out better than I thought it would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter