I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to use a Chase offer on a checking account/debit card, does it matter if I choose debit or credit during checkout? I never use my card before, luckily I actually found it and was able to activate my debit card this morning. I'm using my 10% Lowes offer for a DGC for a disney trip I leave for Monday morning. Nothing like waiting for the last minute!

DH just downgraded his Marriott card to a $0 AF card because the $85 AF hit. He still has his Amex (what used to be) SPG card. I'm just trying to do some house keeping.

Can someone please recommend a cheap blender that could blend spinach up? I don’t want anything too fancy. I was looking at a food processor blender combo but I doubt I’ll use the food processor much

I was going to say nutribullet too. I just picked up a new one at Costco a few months ago. They are so easy and convenient and work great.

Can I used a MCGC at Costco? I read that because it runs as debit I should be able to.

I don't know the answer, but I'm now interested in finding out. I've avoided the MC gift cards just because I figured I couldn't do them at Costco.

Do any of you do the bulk of your banking in an online only account? I’m so old school I’ve had the same checking account at B of A for like 20 years. Wondering if there’s a better online option. Would love to hear your experiences. Ones that I’m considering are CS Brokerage or Discover, anyone using these almost exclusively?

I was going to say nutribullet too. I just picked up a new one at Costco a few months ago. They are so easy and convenient and work great.
Can it hold a lot at once? They seem kind of small. I did end up buying a blender from Amazon for about $35 so we’ll see how it goes

We should be getting ready for our double dip DCL cruise that would have left next week.
Instead I decided to do a little retail therapy with a Chase offer and Dh’s veteran discount at Lowe’s. If I can’t get Disney Christmas theming on DCL, I’m bringing Disney Christmas theming to me.
7eb7f27e-7bd1-4910-bcf0-5e3e7a194c5d-jpeg.535652

Do any of you do the bulk of your banking in an online only account? I’m so old school I’ve had the same checking account at B of A for like 20 years. Wondering if there’s a better online option. Would love to hear your experiences. Ones that I’m considering are CS Brokerage or Discover, anyone using these almost exclusively?
We use Discover for an online savings. Transfers between accounts (Discover and our traditional brick and mortar bank) do take a few business days. But I’ve never had any issues, and I’ve used them about 4 years.

I’ve used a Schwab bank checking account as my main checking for years. Their online bill pay is great, mobile deposits are easy and quick. Transferring money to an online savings account can take place by the next business day, depending on the time it’s initiated.

I do 90% of my banking at NavyFed, nearest branch is about 125 miles, 5% at PenFed, nearest branch 525 miles and 5% at a local credit union, nearest branch 6 blocks. With mobile deposit and a somewhat decent website, there isn't much that can't be done online or through the mail. I do keep a local account just for things like getting cash in size bills I need, cash deposits and coin counting.

We use Discover for an online savings. Transfers between accounts (Discover and our traditional brick and mortar bank) do take a few business days. But I’ve never had any issues, and I’ve used them about 4 years.
I’ve used a Schwab bank checking account as my main checking for years. Their online bill pay is great, mobile deposits are easy and quick. Transferring money to an online savings account can take place by the next business day, depending on the time it’s initiated.
I do 90% of my banking at NavyFed, nearest branch is about 125 miles, 5% at PenFed, nearest branch 525 miles and 5% at a local credit union, nearest branch 6 blocks. With mobile deposit and a somewhat decent website, there isn't much that can't be done online or through the mail. I do keep a local account just for things like getting cash in size bills I need, cash deposits and coin counting.
Thank you for your replies. I’ve thought about a credit union as well. I’ve heard they have better customer service

ETA: I would do combo local credit union and online banking and I appreciate all feedback. Always interesting to know what works for others. Inspires me to do some outside the box thinking. I’m usually thinking fully INSIDE the box 🤣

DH has a Hilton FNC from a SUB on the Amex Hilton biz card. Soon I will have earned another FNC from spending >$15K. I have some really basic questions (possibly dumb?) on what it's worth and how to use it. When I called, the CS rep gave me the cert # for DH and the expiration date. He said it would work on any "standard night room." I asked him if it was restricted as to the value but he said no - any standard room. Is that right? (seems unlikely). He also said when booking a room online, I should type the cert # under promotion code. I forgot to ask him if I canceled the reservation, would I get my FNC back, lol. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these type of FNC? Thanks!

We use CS Brokerage as our main checking account and absolutely no complaints. I like their website, love how easy it is to bill pay and really like that I can see our little brokerage account. I thought I wouldn't like an online account only but love it.

DH has a Hilton FNC from a SUB on the Amex Hilton biz card. Soon I will have earned another FNC from spending >$15K. I have some really basic questions (possibly dumb?) on what it's worth and how to use it. When I called, the CS rep gave me the cert # for DH and the expiration date. He said it would work on any "standard night room." I asked him if it was restricted as to the value but he said no - any standard room. Is that right? (seems unlikely). He also said when booking a room online, I should type the cert # under promotion code. I forgot to ask him if I canceled the reservation, would I get my FNC back, lol. Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these type of FNC? Thanks!
I was able to use DH’s FNC Labor Day weekend for a room that was 95,000 points for a standard room reward. They are good for any standard room reward no matter what the cash price would be. The person you spoke to was correct. It will say clearly on the booking standard room reward. The others say premium room reward I believe. Anyway, it can be an outstanding value. I had to call Hilton to book the room with the FNC. So not sure on entering the cert. #. And yes, as long as you cancel within the specific time frame you will get your certificate refunded. I had to cancel and move mine to another night. No problems.

It really is any standard room, the issue is finding availability in a standard room. A small number may not have "standard rooms" at all, the Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs come to mind. When you search, it'll say "standard room award" or "premium room award". Usually, you can only use them on weekend nights. But now you can use them any night through 2021.

I've always heard that you need to call to use the certs. Please report back if it works online the way the rep says.

For the DVC members here (and for those of you who have thought about DVC but chose not to):

This may sound dumb but what is the advantage to DVC over just regular hotel stays at whichever resort you choose? If I want to stay at the Grand Californian, as long as I can cough up the $700 a night to stay, I can stay. If I had DVC there and that was my home resort, I could also stay there as long as I could get a reservation (I hear it can be pretty tough at GCH sometimes) but I'd be paying the initial buy-in of about what... $20K? PLUS yearly maintenance fees, etc.

I've been mulling this over since my sister mentioned they were thinking about doing it, and I'm just trying to see what the advantages are. I feel like, if I have the money to spend on a vacation anyway, why not just book at whichever hotel I want and not have to worry about fighting for a reservation 11 months out.

Any feedback is appreciated (positive/negative).

For the DVC members here (and for those of you who have thought about DVC but chose not to):

This may sound dumb but what is the advantage to DVC over just regular hotel stays at whichever resort you choose? If I want to stay at the Grand Californian, as long as I can cough up the $700 a night to stay, I can stay. If I had DVC there and that was my home resort, I could also stay there as long as I could get a reservation (I hear it can be pretty tough at GCH sometimes) but I'd be paying the initial buy-in of about what... $20K? PLUS yearly maintenance fees, etc.

I've been mulling this over since my sister mentioned they were thinking about doing it, and I'm just trying to see what the advantages are. I feel like, if I have the money to spend on a vacation anyway, why not just book at whichever hotel I want and not have to worry about fighting for a reservation 11 months out.

Any feedback is appreciated (positive/negative).

The advantage is saving money on your stay. That savings is not realized immediately - it takes about 7ish years or so to break even, but then it is all cake. Most - but not all of course - folks own DVC for a very long time. Yes, the 11 month window can be tricky for planning, especially during this weird pandemic time.

You should go to the DVC boards and read, read, read before you decide to purchase. This question is a common one and there are lots of threads about it. I researched for a full year before I finally bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter