I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mizt- echoing thanks for NCL tips!

@pinkxI started.looking for AK cruises in Sept for next Aug and I was shocked at how booked they already were. We are paying $5k for 7 day RT from Seattle.

Are you looking at the helicopter to a glacier to dog sled excursion? DH is trying to convince me, but YiKES, the cost!!!
Yikes, I am so far behind! I was thinking AK cruise in July next year. Am I too late? I was just pricing out but not sure how to see how booked they are already.

Yikes, I am so far behind! I was thinking AK cruise in July next year. Am I too late? I was just pricing out but not sure how to see how booked they are already.
I have only booked this one, so not an expert, but I was really surprised. I also had the complication of needing a 5-person stateroom or 2 connecting for my friend and a very specific time frame due to camps/extracurriculars/school schedules for 5 kids at 2 schools. It took some work!!!

Strange comment on r/churning, and it seems to be the second one that indicated this (I saw one earlier this week too)...

I lost 60,000 MR back in July because of referral clawbacks. Just saw that Amex credited me 40,000 MR back. Any ideas why?
Anybody here get random MRs deposited into their account?
(I'll just wait here while you all feverishly go refresh your Amex account hoping for good news, haha!)
Definitely something to keep an eye on. If they get to keep the points and/or if others start seeing some mysterious adjustments...

I couldn't believe when I read about the new tiers at DHS, I had to re-read, that's the best DHS news in a long time! Of course as soon as the new ride opens, the level of chaos is anyones guess. Super happy to be able to get ToT and RnR again!
I think it bodes well for the new ride. A 3rd Tier 1 FP could fit nicely into this new situation...

So I have done zero Universal planning, other than booking the hotel (Portofino Bay bc RPR was full) and buying our tickets. We leave tomorrow at 6am for the weekend :rotfl:

Fast & Furious for people who have never watched the movies: yay or nay?
the Jimmy Fallon thing: yay or nay?

motion sickness: which rides should be skipped for someone who gets nauseous on Everest (backwards part does him in) and can only do Star Tours once in a row? (FoP is ok for one ride---haven't done it in a row bc FoP lol)

Any restaurant recs for Portofino Bay? Counterservice recs in the parks?

:thanks:

Forbidden Journey could be an issue. I have to take my meds and even then I only ride it once. F&F and Fallon are both ok. Like, they're something to do. I do get a laugh out of walking through the line for F&F, Universal actually thought people were going to wait an hour or more to ride THAT?

Mummy is one of my favorites at Universal, I get bored and sick with all the screen rides pretty quick, I can only take a couple. Mummy is a nice "legit" ride amongst all that screen nonsense.

This morning I got 2 upgrade offers for the cards from Chase: I have the $49 IHG card - they raised the offer from 5k to 10k points.

For the Hyatt card, they didn't offer any points - just went through the elevated benefits. At that time I realized I have purchase protection on the old card, but it's removed from the new card. I see no benefit to paying them more once per year, as the only worthwhile benefit would have been an additional free night at $15K spend and I don't MS and not likely to spend this much on that card.
I have 15 nights booked this year, so getting automatic Discoverist could be beneficial and hopefully will earn Explorist faster. I MS some and could benefit from the additional spend benefits.

Anyone remember that quick "cheap" long weekend to WDW I booked (SWpoint flights, DVC room, free 1 day tickets from a colleague). We were just going to bum around the other 2 days and enjoy the sun... WELL, then DH got opening night Cirque tickets ($$$) and not we scored Millennium Falcon FP (among others) for our 3rd day... looks like I need another park day! I do have those 7 day tickets from the Delta promo to turn into APs (was going to wait until the Fall), so we may do 3 full park days. Oh, Disney logic!

Definitely something to keep an eye on. If they get to keep the points and/or if others start seeing some mysterious adjustments...

I think it bodes well for the new ride. A 3rd Tier 1 FP could fit nicely into this new situation...

Forbidden Journey could be an issue. I have to take my meds and even then I only ride it once. F&F and Fallon are both ok. Like, they're something to do. I do get a laugh out of walking through the line for F&F, Universal actually thought people were going to wait an hour or more to ride THAT?

Mummy is one of my favorites at Universal, I get bored and sick with all the screen rides pretty quick, I can only take a couple. Mummy is a nice "legit" ride amongst all that screen nonsense.
I wear the patch, and made it through Forbidden Journey twice :-). Agreed on The Mummy, it's great!!!

I applied for both late August 2018, put all my spend on the CSR, totally ignoring the CSP, and two weeks later Chase shut it down. This is the timeframe of the DD demise and I was fortunate that the CSR was left intact. Others were not so lucky, having both cards shut down. I don't remember if anyone had UR clawbacks. Since then I feel the need to tiptoe around Chase so as not to poke the bear again.

Thanks for the support for dh.
edited

Last edited:
Ahhh then I feel less sorry. We’ve been having issues with coyotes in our area
Us too, I guess it's because they don't have any predators? I mean the only thing around here that gets the coyotes are cars and that doesn't happen very often.

And we live IN the city.

YES!!!! I didn't remember to do this yearly (I wish I had) but we have a wonderful series of my kids growing up next to the Giant Shovel at OKW playground..... it makes me tear up just thinking about those pics.....
I think if we pick multiple spots will be a good idea in case anything changes. I like the alligators at POFQ but I could see those maybe getting replaced sometime

I couldn't believe when I read about the new tiers at DHS, I had to re-read, that's the best DHS news in a long time! Of course as soon as the new ride opens, the level of chaos is anyones guess. Super happy to be able to get ToT and RnR again!
I’m really hoping to ride the runaway railway in March. It’ll be a close call with me being due at the end of April but it opens at the beginning of March right?

Interested in your Moonlight Magic experience:

You mentioned a fast pass for FOP - how were the wait times for people that did not have fast passes as the night went on? My older brother no longer does the parks or buys tickets but I've invited him for this and he likes this type of ride, but not the waits. Younger ones have passes.

How about the food? Did they have options at the quick service locations? I did one a couple of years back at Magic Kingdom where it was hamburger, or chicken nuggets with French fries, a fountain drink and a plastic wrapped cookie - not impressive. I'm actually thinking regular dinner first before we go and maybe indulge in a Mickey ice cream during the event.

I'm scheduled for Feb 11 and bringing family as guests that will be offsite. Did you do check in at your hotel or at the park? Did everyone have to be present to get the wristband or could one person pick them up for all of us? Hoping to get the wrist bands earlier at the hotel so I can drive to my niece's home and then go directly to the park, since the house is in Reunion and much closer to Animal Kingdom.

We did moonlight magic this Tuesday. Checked in at Wilderness Lodge (we were staying at Copper Creek). It was 2 of us at check in but no issue getting the 4 bands, 4 meal vouchers, and 4 game tickets.

Got to AK just before 8, went to Dinosaur. There was no sign or anything so we stood in a line for a bit then around 8:10 CM came and told us Dinosaur doesn’t open til 9. Okay great. We went to eat at Satuli. Meal voucher for 1 entree plus 1 fountain beverage. We also paid for a beer for my husband. After that Dinosaur was a walk on.

The line for FOP was posted as 45 minutes every time I looked. We wanted to go on Everest but it was down. Navi River went down at some point too. We got our Mickey bars from Starbucks at some point. They also had Strawberry fruit bars I think.

We didn’t use our game tickets, the lines to play games were long when we walked by. We also didn’t try for any characters.

I was disappointed in the event. Food was better at this than when we went in 2018 (just hot dogs then). Giving the voucher for a real meal was a plus. But not getting to ride Everest was a bummer. I know it was cold but we were bundled up and ready for it. We had no interest in the safari in the dark. Note it does close earlier than the end of the event.

I guess not having many rides makes it tough for AK. We left around 10:30 I think. At least we got a free meal out of it.

Us too, I guess it's because they don't have any predators? I mean the only thing around here that gets the coyotes are cars and that doesn't happen very often.

And we live IN the city.
Our area is very populated with people and business so it’s weird they’re around. They’re keeping to a golf course. Apparently some small dogs have been attacked. I think the clubhouse at the golf course is starting to get upset and wanting to “take care” of the problem

Currently re-listening to a Tamora Pierce series on audible. I like her too :D
I finally read the first 2 quartets of the Circle books. For whatever reason they didn't hold my interest when I first started reading her books but I loved the Tortall world. Now I may break down and buy the next set of circle ones. I started listening to the Will of the Empress free from the library, as they didn't have the ebook, and idk that I can stand the reader on it :rolleyes2

Hello, I've been a board lurker for a while, but not a commenter. I've gotten lots of good info here, as well as other various corners of the internet. I wouldn't consider myself a churner, but am frequently looking for the next sign up bonus that makes sense. Currently working on how to use Arrival+ points for a trip for 4 (hopefully staying at AKL & Poly) in Jan 2021. Just wanted to say hello and thanks to all who contribute, I've learned a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter