I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my DH was approved last night for a CSR with a $34k limit. I don't know that I'll do a CSR, because of the fee. Also, I read that you can no longer refer for CSR.

Our thought was do to the CSP next for me, and then combine the points into one account. Does that sound right? I also read that you can't get the bonus for one person for both sapphires. So if I have a CSP, and he has a CSR, what would we do next? Add users or open up another card? I will need to open a 0% 0 or no balance transfer card in November to roll a balance from a Wells Cash Wise I had last year. It's medical bills. I have the cash, but I'd rather roll some of it if I can. We don't fly, so the SW cards aren't really something we're interested in this year. We're driving to HP & WDW.
My word of advice would be to not ever go by what you read. Ask here first.

Ok, so my DH was approved last night for a CSR with a $34k limit. I don't know that I'll do a CSR, because of the fee. Also, I read that you can no longer refer for CSR.

Our thought was do to the CSP next for me, and then combine the points into one account. Does that sound right? I also read that you can't get the bonus for one person for both sapphires. So if I have a CSP, and he has a CSR, what would we do next? Add users or open up another card? I will need to open a 0% 0 or no balance transfer card in November to roll a balance from a Wells Cash Wise I had last year. It's medical bills. I have the cash, but I'd rather roll some of it if I can. We don't fly, so the SW cards aren't really something we're interested in this year. We're driving to HP & WDW.
I’d slow down and get some more advice. You have now missed an opportunity to double dip since you went for only CSR yesterday. We can help you chart out a strategy that can increase your return by 25-50% if you are patient and run things past us.

Also, please consider joining DISchurners to support fellow DISers when signing up for a card. It’s always nice to give back to the community when you sign up (your CSR application could’ve earned somebody 10k URs worth $150 and costs you nothing).

If you're only in it for the points, then I don't see a point to a 2nd CSR at this time, IMO. The CSP gets you the same amount of points for the same spend, plus the AF is waived still. For now you can transfer UR points between members of a household (there's a rumor going around Chase may end it at some point). So you can get the bonus and then transfer it to DH's CSR to use it at the increased value.

You can still refer for the CSR, at least the links are still alive and you can generate new ones from the Chase app. The web page is giving the error message so it could just be a glitch like recently with the CSP and CIP links. or it's a sign of things to come. (I'm voting for glitch)

You can get the bonus on both Sapphires if you do the double dip, where you are approved for both on the same day through the loophole. Too late to do it for DH, but you could still do it if you could spend 8k in 3 months. But otherwise where you go next depends on if you were interested in Business cards. The CIC (Ink Cash) has a 0% rate for BT's but it does have a BT fee and it's a business card. For BT's the AmEx Everyday card has 0% for 15 months and no fee if transferred within 60 days. It's a no fee card that earns MR points, so it would diversify your points pool. It would add to your 5/24 count for Chase cards (just something to keep in mind) Both cards come with a sign up bonus too.

ETA: Eh, looked up the BT fee on the CIC... don't get the CIC for the BT :) It's 5% transfer fee.

Last edited:
I called chase just using the automated system and our next statement date is September 10. I messaged the person I’ve been talking with and asked if we could move it sooner.
This was my fear last night. Sometimes when you change your due date they skip a cycle (because most people change their due date in an attempt to delay a pmt). I’d be cautious with making anymore changes in fear that it could further delay your points from posting. :( sorry you’re stuck in this.

:badpc::badpc::badpc:
Off topic rant.
I dropped my car off at the shop to have the hail damage fixed on JULY 23RD.
Now this shop is great. We were also some of the first to call after the hail storms, so we were a priority. Last year my car took four weeks to fix for much worse hail damage and bumper damage from being rear ended.
My car has been done for a week, sitting at the shop, the supplemental amount agreed upon... but the third party adjustor has not turned in the paperwork to my insurance company. So it sits.
I just spoke with the shop owner, who told me my insurance company doesn't employ their own adjusters any more and they've been a nightmare to work with going through third party ones now. He told me he is telling them they have 48hrs to send the payment before he must start charging storage fees. He did mention the other option would be I could come get the car and pay the total amount, and he could have them send me the supplemental check... I won't lie, visions of credit cards danced in my head for a second... but I don't want to get stuck in that crossfire!
And part of me is like, this is why I pay for insurance... they should be sending a supplemental check. Why should I pick up the vehicle early and return my rental and save them money on that, because they are working with a third party company that isn't concerned with stretching those costs out?

As a side note, I am so glad I don't deal with insurance companies on a regular basis.

So, update to my friends trying to DD the csr/csp yesterday. She had gotten the 30-day message and had a brutal call with recon...which I had told her dh would be an 'easy peasy' call :o The dh checked the automated line this morning and dw was approved for the csr. Yay! He asked about going ahead and applying for the csp. I said I had no idea what the chances of approval would be but if it were me, I'd go for it. So, he did. 30-day message but within 2 hours, he is now getting the 2-week message. Seems promising! Any DP's on DD'ing on two different days and getting approval? I feel like I remember one DP from quite awhile back but I could be thinking of something different.

@Lain or anyone else that may know. Asking here in case it helps others in the future. Is it necessary for me to pre purchase my Walt Disney Family Museum admission before I get there? The only advantage I see if being able to make sure I have a time to see the special exhibit, which I do want to see. But I'm also hesitant to pick a time when I don't know when I'll actually get there. Going Saturday the 1st.

And it says it will catch that automatically... obviously not. But it costs $1? Really?

Yup! It does costs $1. And you used to could fill out a paper one in the PO and it was still free (really confused how a digital one cost but the one that human hands have to touch and enter into the system is free...). But then they took away the paper ones in the PO and if you ask for one, they just hand you a paper with the website link to do it online.

So, update to my friends trying to DD the csr/csp yesterday. She had gotten the 30-day message and had a brutal call with recon...which I had told her dh would be an 'easy peasy' call :o The dh checked the automated line this morning and dw was approved for the csr. Yay! He asked about going ahead and applying for the csp. I said I had no idea what the chances of approval would be but if it were me, I'd go for it. So, he did. 30-day message but within 2 hours, he is now getting the 2-week message. Seems promising! Any DP's on DD'ing on two different days and getting approval? I feel like I remember one DP from quite awhile back but I could be thinking of something different.
If that CSR got approved this morning then they might be ok. Chase is known to not approve a card without the bonus tied to it so if they get CSP approved I’d say they’re in good shape. It didn’t get auto-declined (7-10 days) so that’s a good sign too.

Haven't noticed any recently, but I'm just skimming reddit. I thought the consensus was that the 2nd one had to be approved on the same day as the first. Since it went to 2 weeks I'm assuming the first was approved today so if it doesn't change to approved before recon closes, I'd advise doing another recon call to ensure it (as brutal as the first was :crazy2: ) if they really want it. I have recollections of the 2nd app going either way, either the rep sees the first app and just doesn't care or they see the first app and ask why applying for another card. Kind of luck of the draw, like the first call.

I lowered my CL with Chase by another $20k which has me at about 36% of my income. I can lower it more - I really want to get this CIP!!! Would it matter?? I’m also lowering DH to 57K so at about 33% or so......
I think staying around 30% is wise. Just make sure to allow time for it to update to your CR. I made that mistake when lowering limits so I could apply for the CIC. I lowered limits and didn't wait more than a couple days. Needless to say, my dh was denied. Waited another month and approved!

Instant approval on SPG Biz!! Wow! I think that's the first time I've ever gotten an instant approval since I started churning!!

:dancer:

It's almost like AmEx is sticking it to Marriott for the upcoming changes that limits their new cardholders. "Here, we'll give EVERYONE a SPG card, how do you like them apples?" :laughing:
Glad you can reap the benefits from that :)

Haven't noticed any recently, but I'm just skimming reddit. I thought the consensus was that the 2nd one had to be approved on the same day as the first. Since it went to 2 weeks I'm assuming the first was approved today so if it doesn't change to approved before recon closes, I'd advise doing another recon call to ensure it (as brutal as the first was :crazy2: ) if they really want it. I have recollections of the 2nd app going either way, either the rep sees the first app and just doesn't care or they see the first app and ask why applying for another card. Kind of luck of the draw, like the first call.

This sounds like maybe what I remember reading awhile back as well. They really wanted the CSR. Picking up the CSP was just for the bonus, and she is a less reluctant P2 than many. I think the dh wants to keep his marriage happy and no way will he ask her to call again lol!

@MikeRes - Welcome to DISchurners! Normally I send a welcome message via PM but you don't have enough posts on the DIS to PM yet...so I'll just put the welcome message here for all to see (I think that's useful from time to time :))
Welcome to DISchurners!

You're approved and all set! Access the main page here.

As a reminder most of the discussion does happen here on the boards. On r/DISchurners you can post your own support links and/or use others' support links here:
And of course there's other info there too including some of our best tips from the thread that you might want to explore! Welcome, thanks for joining!
If anybody else wants to join just send @SouthFayetteFan, @Lain and/or @Albort a PM here on the DIS.
Thanks! I continue to learn and marvel at the degree to which you folks are able to find and benefit from the angles in this hobby. You’re a dedicated group.

Is the Barclay AA Biz churnable? I got the card end of May. Can I cancel and apply again?
I successfully churned the personal one but waited like 6 months after closing. (They won't approve me for a biz :( ) I did not receive auto-approval though, took a few days and I missed a phone call from them and then half an hour later was approved. They gave me a CL <$2,000 vs the $10,000+ I'd gotten on my first one though...

so if I used my CSR to book a hotel for next dec but cancel my card when the fee hits in Nov will I still have my reservation? Don't know if you have to have the card active to keep any reservations.
Is this card actually being charged now? You shouldn't lose your res. Is this card simply going to be used to keep the reservation on hold? Then you should call the hotel and update the credit card that is holding the res prior to canceling the CSR, wouldn't want to run afoul of their system realizing you gave them a closed cc.

This was my fear last night. Sometimes when you change your due date they skip a cycle (because most people change their due date in an attempt to delay a pmt). I’d be cautious with making anymore changes in fear that it could further delay your points from posting. :( sorry you’re stuck in this.
Dh is wanting to spend $600 to meet the MSR on his CSR but I’m tempted to just wait it out and get what we get.

I still haven’t gotten a clear answer from virgin about getting Ana flights. I’m trying to figure out if it has to be a saver flight or if Ana just needs business available in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter