• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't use his link. It could be an old link. Who knows? I used a link from someone in my FI group. I have no idea if they got anything for it...
They should get a nice 10k UR bonus pop up in their account in the next few weeks if you were approved :) Chase’s referral tracking system is quite accurate.

Last edited:
Ok then it makes sense that you did the CSR for your husband...so,you have the 1.5 factor when booking hotels with the UR points....for yourself I,would recommend the CSP since there is no fee the first year...and you can transfer the points to your husband CSR
If your staying on Disney property no need to buy magic bands you will get them for free. You can buy park tickets with UR points if you have enough...if you don’t you can buy them through undercover tourist and they will code as travel so,you’ll get 3x UR points per dollar

That's the idea. The only trip we're planning after that would be a couples only trip for my 40th birthday at an AI somewhere June 2020. Still thinking. So we could use some for that if we earned on this trip.

If you join dischurners there is a write up about churning for Disney. °0°

I've seen dischurners, but I don't really know what that is. I've only really used this site for cruises, and that was before my disabled child was 3. She was easier to handle when she could use a regular umbrella stroller. ;) Haven't been on an airplane since!

You can book anything on the Disney website using URs. You have to call Chase Cruise and Tours. You can get a package, room, and/or park tickets. If you use the CSR the points are worth more than if you redeemed for cash.

Yes I knew that. I was thinking of just calling them for the room, and kind of piece-mealing it out a little at a time. The room is the most important so we can book reservations for meals. It's been a really long time since we've been. I need to start researching that stuff. I just wanted to get started on the points. I should have done that months ago, but we had a lot going on. Thanks for the help!

Anyone have any experience with the PNC bank bonus, tried last night to open the account online and was denied and again today, pretty sure it is because of the stupid verification questions. Looked on Reddit and others have experienced bad questions as well. It was part of my plan to fund my CIP so then hopefully I can get the Amex bus SPG before the 26th.

Anyone have any experience with the PNC bank bonus, tried last night to open the account online and was denied and again today, pretty sure it is because of the stupid verification questions. Looked on Reddit and others have experienced bad questions as well. It was part of my plan to fund my CIP so then hopefully I can get the Amex bus SPG before the 26th.

We had a hard time with them and their verification questions. I thought it was just cause I was opening it for my dd18. I did end up having her call them. Then we have ran into issues getting 2k transferred over. I think we finally got it but Ally could not verify them, even after I had my dd call Ally. Got the transfer to go from Chase and now waiting for the bonus to show up. My dd HATES calling these places but she's been a trooper. Had to call Discover when I opened her IT card with them recently too #willholdthisagainstmomforever

That's the idea. The only trip we're planning after that would be a couples only trip for my 40th birthday at an AI somewhere June 2020. Still thinking. So we could use some for that if we earned on this trip.

I've seen dischurners, but I don't really know what that is. I've only really used this site for cruises, and that was before my disabled child was 3. She was easier to handle when she could use a regular umbrella stroller. ;) Haven't been on an airplane since!

Yes I knew that. I was thinking of just calling them for the room, and kind of piece-mealing it out a little at a time. The room is the most important so we can book reservations for meals. It's been a really long time since we've been. I need to start researching that stuff. I just wanted to get started on the points. I should have done that months ago, but we had a lot going on. Thanks for the help!

Saw you mentioned booking meals..anyone can make dining reservations 180 days in advance..you don’t need to have a Disney room reservation. It’s not like the fast pass booking window opening which opens earlier to Disney guests...

I knew that. I was thinking of just calling them for the room, and kind of piece-mealing it out a little at a time. The room is the most important so we can book reservations for meals. It's been a really long time since we've been. I need to start researching that stuff. I just wanted to get started on the points. I should have done that months ago, but we had a lot going on. Thanks for the help!

I think you can book and not pay right away. The final payment should be due when Disney requires it. Some reps don’t know this tho so you may need to call until you find a rep that knows this.

Called today to activate my Biz Green which turned into a 10+ minute call asking what expenses we were planning to put on the card, how this spend would be different than the Amex Plat, how we spend our MR points, could she sign me up for the Extended Payment Plan, etc. I said no to the Extended Payment Plan since I have gotten points in the past for signing up for it. She kept asking lots of questions, but really never suggested any other card that we could sign up for. We have a real business, but it was annoying. At least my referral points have already posted!

@Lain or anyone else that may know. Asking here in case it helps others in the future. Is it necessary for me to pre purchase my Walt Disney Family Museum admission before I get there? The only advantage I see if being able to make sure I have a time to see the special exhibit, which I do want to see. But I'm also hesitant to pick a time when I don't know when I'll actually get there. Going Saturday the 1st.
Not at all. At least when I went it was actually empty. I used my Disney rewards points for a general ticket that we used with no date and time on it.

Things may have changed though since it’s been 2 years since we were there!

Head is spinning.

Starting travel hacking. Signing DH up for a card. CSR or CSP? No business. Can hit min spend in 4-6 weeks, then I'll get a new card, and keep alternating. We got Amazon Prime Card a year or so ago, I got a Wells card last year, He got added to my Nordstrom card last month. Nothing open prior to that. Both have 800+ scores and pay everything off. I do have a medical card that has a balance currently 0% until December, and then I need to roll it to another 0% card.

Planning a trip 1st week of June next year. Want to stay at the Polynesian due to daughter's disability (monorail & large base rooms + POG Juice & Dole Whip). ETA, we don't fly much at all. We're driving to WDW. Looking at flying just the two of us June 2020, but nothing until then really.

What should we do? How should we alternate & use referrals best? DD freaks me out like they'll shut me down for breaking rules or something. Too nervous.

Thanks! I'm looking at either the CSR or CSP for him fir the first card. Sort of leaning toward the R. I'd like to end up with a card to use on the actual trip that you can reimburse yourself with points, so like Barclays or Cap One Venture. Or would the Disney card be better for that?

Oh, no I meant get the CSR & CSP to pay for the trip, but the Barclays, Cap One or Disney to use ON the actual trip. Like if I run out of Target GCs.

I didn't use his link. It could be an old link. Who knows? I used a link from someone in my FI group. I have no idea if they got anything for it.

Sort of. What we're looking to do is offset the cost of the room at the Polynesian (and any rooms we need for the drive out or back, plus we're thinking of staying near HP for the first 2 nights in Orlando), then offset the cost of the park tickets. Not really offset future travel. Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. The thought would be to reserve the room around Christmas/1st of the year with as many points as we can, then buy the park tickets/magic bands (we haven't been in the MB era) in the Spring, then purchase some Target GCs for while we're there. Sort of a mix. Since we're driving not flying, we don't need airfare. We just don't want to pay $10k for this trip. LOL

Ok, so I'm guessing you are aware that you can book Disney rooms and tickets through Chase to get the 1.5 cpp rate from the CSR and that's why you got it. That's a good start. As we discussed earlier you can transfer points from your UR earnings card(s) to your DH's CSR to get the most out of that. Since you're not up for the double dip, unfortunately referrals from DH wouldn't be helpful in getting a CSP. In this case you can only generate a link for the CSR and not a product family. However, you may be able to get support from others in your various travel groups just as you may have supported someone in your FI group. So still worth checking the app to generate a link from DH's card.

If you're booking a package you can work it so that you can delay paying with your points until final payment to give you more time to amass points. If doing it separate you can still book the room through the portal and then get tickets later, per your current plan. I'd check discount ticket sites to compare getting the discount and then cashing out points to reimburse some (from whatever programs you have) vs. buying tickets through Chase at face value from Disney but using the 1.5 cpp discount from whatever UR points you may have at that point.

As for your question on getting the Disney visa card, counter intuitively, our advice will most times say no :) It's not a great earnings card so mostly we'd recommend going for better earning cards first. The real value in a Disney card is the perks and the 0% financing for 6 months on vacation packages or cruises (and a few other select bookings). The no fee version only earns 1% everywhere unless they run their rare promotions. The $49 fee version gets you 2% back on grocery and Disney purchases, 1% everywhere else and a perk for cashing out points to cover airfare, which you wouldn't use. They both earn Disney rewards dollars that can only be spent on Disney products. So even the Freedom Unlimited card has a better earning rate at 1.5% and since it's a UR earning card you can transfer those points to the CSR if that works into your timeline. If all you want it for are the perks(like discounts and special photos), then you can look at opening a Chase checking account and get the Disney debit card. Has all the same perks as the Visa except for the financing but doesn't use one of the 5/24 slots. Plus, if you're eligible for the checking account, most times you can get a cash bonus for opening it either the same or better than the bonus for the credit card. Chase banking account are not in every state, but if you can swing it can be the best of both worlds. If not, then I don't think Disney is subject to the 5/24 rules so you could still pick it up later. (someone will fact check me on that one, but I'm pretty sure :) )

In addition to cash or points credit cards for paying for some spending money, have you looked into bank account bonuses yet? Like I mentioned for Chase, there are a number of banks that provide sign up bonuses for opening accounts. It's considered interest, so it's taxable income, but can be worthwhile to generate some cash for doing things you may need anyway - like opening the Chase account for the debit card. If the bank isn't a good fit or the regular terms aren't as good as the promotional terms, you can always close the account later after all the terms are met. I feel it's a little more involved, but if you have some money you can float around it can get you more return than the current HYS or CD rates.

It is a lot to take in and work out, but fire away with questions and we'll try to help you out with your Disney plans.

Last edited:
DoC about Walmart being sued because their gift cards don't prevent fraud and they aren't refunding money when it happens. Interesting since it's something that can be done to a lot of gc we all buy. Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
I hope WM has to pay up. It’s crazy their negligence leads to consumers being out $$$. Starbucks has some of the best gc packaging imho.

Could it lead to a crackdown on gc to gc purchasing? Might. But this is still a part of the industry that I truly believe needs better accountability. If WM had to take the hit they could go back and review camera footage or investigate the online shipping address but they don’t because they have no loss so the consumer eats it. I have no idea if the plaintiffs have legal ground here but I hope they eat WM’s lunch. And dinner. And maybe even their ice cream.

I hope WM has to pay up. It’s crazy their negligence leads to consumers being out $$$. Starbucks has some of the best gc packaging imho.

Could it lead to a crackdown on gc to gc purchasing? Might. But this is still a part of the industry that I truly believe needs better accountability. If WM had to take the hit they could go back and review camera footage or investigate the online shipping address but they don’t because they have no loss so the consumer eats it. I have no idea if the plaintiffs have legal ground here but I hope they eat WM’s lunch. And dinner. And maybe even their ice cream.

I agree. Amazon has good packaging too. I always look when buying a Disney gc that the strip is still there and looks ok.

DISchurners Announcement

Our beloved "support" threads are once again approaching their 6 month date. For those of you that don't know this...after 6 months, Reddit threads become locked to new posts. Thus, we have to "refresh" the support threads before then.

This is also a good practice as it encourages people to remain active here. I'd recommend everybody to check their links while doing this also - make sure they work.

LAST time we refreshed the threads, I sent reminders and tracked who had updated and who had not. Our group has grown and there are over 150 support comments across the 3 threads so I will not be doing that this time. I will issue updates every day or 2 here for the next week or so. I will leave BOTH threads up during this time. After a week (or more if I think that is needed), I will remove the old threads.

The easiest way to move your comment is to go into the OLD thread, click EDIT on your comment, COPY the text in the edit box (with all the formatting) and then PASTE that text in the new thread. If you do it this way, it should take 10-15 seconds and you keep the links and formatting intact.

EDIT: FYI - I advise everybody to use OLD reddit when updating their links. New Reddit is garbage...and messes with links...and sucks...and is garbage... :)

https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/
I'm a little behind, so I'm sorry if this has been covered recently, but what's going on with the Chase links? I tried to generate a new CF link and it said that program had ended, but I see that some people on the thread have links that seem to be good.

I'm a little behind, so I'm sorry if this has been covered recently, but what's going on with the Chase links? I tried to generate a new CF link and it said that program had ended, but I see that some people on the thread have links that seem to be good.

Chase has been updating their links recently. Should be able to use an old link or generate one from the app.

I’ve had success using the app as well.

My CIC URs aren’t showing as pending yet, but I noticed that all of my URs since the 14th are showing as pending. The charges have posted, but the URs haven’t, which is odd.

DISchurners REMINDER

PLEASE update your support links into the new threads below. The old threads will stop working soon and after a week (or more if I think that is needed), I will remove the old threads.

The easiest way to move your comment is to go into the OLD thread, click EDIT on your comment, COPY the text in the edit box (with all the formatting) and then PASTE that text in the new thread. If you do it this way, it should take 10-15 seconds and you keep the links and formatting intact.

EDIT: FYI - I advise everybody to use OLD reddit when updating their links. New Reddit is garbage...and messes with links...and sucks...and is garbage... :)

https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/

Is this card actually being charged now? You shouldn't lose your res. Is this card simply going to be used to keep the reservation on hold? Then you should call the hotel and update the credit card that is holding the res prior to canceling the CSR, wouldn't want to run afoul of their system realizing you gave them a closed cc.
I would be using ur points to make the reservation. just didn't know how that works if we need to cancel the reservation or if the price drops to get a refund of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter