"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

I understand not wanting to lose park time on your last day! I thought about scheduling a resort meal on our last day this year and scrapped it for the same reason. We have not tried all of the MK restaurants - just CRT, Crystal Palace, and Be Our Guest, but I've heard enough about the others to have frightened me away from them. I'd like to try Skipper Canteen at some point, but I'm not thrilled about any of the options there and it seems kind of overpriced.

I have cats, so I completely understand the cost of going to the vet :scared1: Steve always says, "don't tell me how much" lol. We do enjoy CHH and I'm sure we'll eat there at some point; but, I also think we'll have eaten QS at MK at least once and possibly twice by the time we get to departure day and if that's the case, we'll most likely have already done CHH. The only other QS place we really like is Pinocchio's and I don't know if everyone will want to repeat any place :rolleyes: I'd try to get a BOG lunch but my very picky husband didn't particularly like lunch there the ONE time we did it and doesn't want to eat there again. He's truly worse than the boys lol!
I think the boys will really enjoy WCC. It's been a few years but my kids likedit and they were pretty young, plus you'll get to see WL all decorated!

Tell me about it :sad2: As far as TS goes I think MK is the worst option-wise of the 4 parks, even though one of our very favorites is there. I did consider LTT a good one until now........and we're not big on QS. I'd actually go to a resort restaurant-and we have before-if it wasn't our last day. I just don't want to lose that time, especially if Ricky and Steve only had half as much time as Chris and I.

I have only done Pinocchio's once...and it was pretty good...but I do love some CHH and their clam chowder. I actually wasn't terribly fond of BOG lunch myself when we went there either.

Actually now that LTT is out, my next (and probably only) favorite TS would probably be The Plaza. We've done that a few times, and while it's nothing terribly fancy, the food (and the desserts) are pretty good and if you can get a table by the window it has great views of the castle. We're doing CP this time around, strictly for the characters. We used to enjoy it but it seemed like it went downhill years ago. We haven't been there in quite some time, but I think the little ones will get a kick out of meeting the characters and it will provide a much-needed break after a planned LONG day at MK.

A MB belt? Do you wear it to work?? Because I'd love to see a picture.......I guess it goes with everything, right? Does the state have tapstiles at your entryways ;)
Yep, one of every color so matches every outfit. Sadly I can't even bring my amazing technicolor magic band belt to work with me cause of the radio frequency technology in it. Never know what the Chinese may use to try and get our secrets :-)

Don't Mistake My Confusion for Craziness
It's no mistake, I totally will call ya crazy!

ine had off for Election Day so while Ricky played basketball for 5 hours with like, 14 of his friends, I took Chris and his friend Finn to Bounce and decided to finish up my day-by-day note cards while they played. Well, since I have 2 "plans" I have 2 sets of note cards, as well as a master list of the different plans, and a note card with park hours. And a big folder all the little note cards are in. And it's all handwritten because I do better that way, so whenever I make a mistake I start over instead of crossing out :crazy2:
You and I are so similar yet so different. I'm sure you will be shocked to know I've never jotted down a plan in my life. Though I'd totally love to see one of these infamous note cards. Maybe you could make a wreath from them when you get back :-)

Day 8, 11/26 PLAN A (we all go down the 19th)
Brunch at Trails End 9:45. This was Chris's request after seeing our pictures from when Steve and I ate brunch there in August.
Well I was gonna totally take credit for seeing me in the August photos, but oops I was late to brunch

Lunch: This is a sad, sad story. I had us booked for lunch at LTT for the first time in years, and I was so excited!! And then they went to that stupid new menu and pissed me off. While the app and dessert I want are still there, the entrees we all would have chosen are not. I showed Steve the new menu, he isn't excited about it, and so I think we're cancelling. That will mean some QS for lunch. I may try talking him (and Ricky) into Skipper Canteen but after August it's going to be a hard sell for Steve!
So sad indeed. I'm sure it was a money decision, but I know my clan wants no part of the new menu. Sadly this means no LTT in our future either. Though if you can talk them around to it, you know I love Skippers. The Plaza is good too, but I've lost the bubble on what their ADR policy is these days.

2. Spending enough time in HS (aka getting enough rides on TOT). I feel like our HS time is choppy, especially in Plan B
Again so same, but different. I question if we even need to go to MGM and you question if you are there enough :P The yang to your yin.

Ah, ok, there it all is! Next week will be a big one for me trip-planning wise and I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date with what's going on with basketball (try-outs start Monday!), switching FP's, etc. I hope you all were able to get out and vote today!
Fingers crossed for Chris and you, though at this point I'm not even sure what we're pulling for :upsidedow

Oh yeah, I forgot we voted on Tuesday. I should probably check and see what the results were :P

Actually now that LTT is out, my next (and probably only) favorite TS would probably be The Plaza. We've done that a few times, and while it's nothing terribly fancy, the food (and the desserts) are pretty good and if you can get a table by the window it has great views of the castle. We're doing CP this time around, strictly for the characters. We used to enjoy it but it seemed like it went downhill years ago. We haven't been there in quite some time, but I think the little ones will get a kick out of meeting the characters and it will provide a much-needed break after a planned LONG day at MK.
We ate at the Plaza last Nov. and we liked it :) but for some reason I hadn't even thought about it for this trip! Maybe I'll see if anything is available for the 26th :rotfl2:yeah, right......it's an option though. I think between 12 and 1 they only take walk-ups now? I'll have to check on that. We've done CP dinner twice and have always enjoyed the food there too, the last time being in 2014. But since we really don't do many character meals anymore, and Chris picked GG for this trip, it isn't even on my radar. I'm sure your nephews (niece and nephew? sorry!) will enjoy it!

Yep, one of every color so matches every outfit. Sadly I can't even bring my amazing technicolor magic band belt to work with me cause of the radio frequency technology in it. Never know what the Chinese may use to try and get our secrets :-)
Um, wanna know why I found this quite funny? On Wed. (the day after Election Day) a good friend of mine's phone was hacked into and like 45 text messages were sent form it - in Chinese :rotfl:and have you ever seen, usually later at night, on various forums here like 30 threads will show up by an unknown poster - in Chinese?? So I think you're a very wise lady to not wear that MB belt to work, regardless of how fashionable I'm sure it looks.

It's no mistake, I totally will call ya crazy!
Well I call you my friend now, so what does that say about you :Pinkbounc

You and I are so similar yet so different. I'm sure you will be shocked to know I've never jotted down a plan in my life. Though I'd totally love to see one of these infamous note cards. Maybe you could make a wreath from them when you get back :-)
I AM SHOCKED! Nope, not at all. And I've never made cards or written anything down other than figuring which park what day since the advent of FP+ so I knew what I wanted to make and when, but this trip is making my head spin!
And thanks for the wreath idea, now I know what to send you for Christmas!

So sad indeed. I'm sure it was a money decision, but I know my clan wants no part of the new menu. Sadly this means no LTT in our future either. Though if you can talk them around to it, you know I love Skippers. The Plaza is good too, but I've lost the bubble on what their ADR policy is these days.
Like I mentioned above I think I'm going to double check the Plaza ADR policy and see if and when they're only taking walk ups. It's going to be crowded on the 26th but it's a possibility. Still working on Skippers, I may have a better chance of doing it with just Chris one day before the big boys head down.

Again so same, but different. I question if we even need to go to MGM and you question if you are there enough :P The yang to your yin.
LOL. I need my TOT and RnRC

Fingers crossed for Chris and you, though at this point I'm not even sure what we're pulling for :upsidedow
To be honest, I don't know what the hell I'm pulling for either! Other than Ricky making the team. And flights being on time. And everyone having fun and not annoying the crap out of me down there.

I understand not wanting to lose park time on your last day! I thought about scheduling a resort meal on our last day this year and scrapped it for the same reason. We have not tried all of the MK restaurants - just CRT, Crystal Palace, and Be Our Guest, but I've heard enough about the others to have frightened me away from them. I'd like to try Skipper Canteen at some point, but I'm not thrilled about any of the options there and it seems kind of overpriced.
I was hesitant about Skippers too until Steve and I tried it in August. He of course didn't like it much because he only got a plain salad with steak, but I got 2 apps and really enjoyed it. I'd be very happy trying it again but he isn't so anxious to go back; Chris looked at the menu and wants to go but Ricky not so much. I may try going with Chris if we end up down there alone.......

we are so CLOTHES!!!!!

A week from tomorrow and we head out!!! The question is, will it be 2 of us, or 4 of us? Tryouts begin Monday afternoon and we'll know anytime from Tuesday-Thursday. Honestly I'm hoping it's only 2 of us going down next Sat. because that means Ricky made the team :thumbsup2 And the trip overall will be much more pleasant with half of us there to start and all of us finishing, instead of all of us starting and Ricky being miserable because he didn't make it. Which will also break my heart but of course, that's part of parenting.
In my last update I forgot to share a picture of my flea market finds from last Sunday!

The Old Hag Lennox ornament was $2 and brand new :goodvibes I have quite a few of the statues from the same line as this King Louie one; he's new as in new and also recently released. $70 retail but because his box has like 3 "dings" in it, the vendor was selling him 50% off :banana:
Now, some of you may remember that, in the very beginning of my PTR, I said I wanted to order some custom matching shirts off Etsy because when Chris saw all the families wearing them last Nov. he said he wanted some. I meant to start seriously looking in Sept. However that's also when I started feeling down about the whole basketball/cancelling the trip so, long story short, I never ordered.
Recently I asked all 3 boys if they wanted matching shirts, even showed them some online but they all feel like they have enough. Ingrates :P BUT, in going through my own personal rubbermaid container of all my Disney shirts(minus the ones I wear in, gulp, public) I decided I really, seriously needed some new ones for this trip. In addition to the ones I bought in the spring and summer and already posted here :D
So knowing I may not get everything in time I went ahead this past Tuesday while watching election results and ordered a few shirts for ME.

From Macy's, not sure why I couldn't get my phone out of the pic.

From Lauren Conrad's newest line at Kohl's:

Isn't this adorable?? Unfortunately (or fortunately actually) I need a smaller size. Tonight I ordered a bunch of non-Disney shirts and some birthday gifts for friends and TOTALLY FORGOT TO REORDER THIS IN THE NEW SIZE!!!! So now I have to place another order and pay the stupid shipping, but at least it should arrive in time. Right now the lows at night while we're down there are supposed to be in the upper 50's so a long sleeve shirt will work.
I also ordered a couple shirts from TeePublic after learning about the site from @fallonkendra and they're supposed to come on Wed. Fingers crossed because I love them!

Yesterday I went outlet shopping and picked this up at the Disney outlet:
Again with the phone :sad2:

And finally, I came across this in my rubbermaid container o' Disney. I've had this since January and wore it on our trip that month but forgot about it; totally bringing it again this trip because I love it and it's very comfortable. Ordered it from Redbubble:

Excuse the wrinkles-rubbermaid container.
I think I'm good.........
We're supposed to have some snow flurries tomorrow, yay!! Otherwise my weekend is going to consist of some basketball games, hopefully starting to pack, getting organized for picture retake day at the school Monday and fundraiser product distribution Wed., both of which I chair, and obsessing over whether I should make our possible FP changes NOW, or wait it out another few days :scratchin Have a good one guys!

Well, I got behind! But it's not my fault this time. The Dis did not give me a notification about your PTR. Though it isn't the first time, so I should know by now.

We were off Election Day, as well. We did some running around but no bouncy houses, thank goodness. However, I feel you on the written plans bc, even though my trip is 204 days away, I am covered up in them at the moment. ADR day is Dec 5th so I'm doing some preliminary touring plans just to narrow down ADR times. However, I don't have a Plan A & B, like you, so I still have mucho sympathy for you!

Love the requisite clothes post! I was thinking about ordering a LC Snow White shirt (kohls has been having some good discounts lately) but I absolutely hate paying that 8.95 shipping charge from Kohl's. I don't know what it is, but it pisses me off! I mean, most everyone else charges like $5.99 or something...which isn't that much cheaper but seems like it is! Haha.

You are so, so close! I'm so excited for your TR!

I can't wait to see which shirts you ordered from TeePublic! They have so many great ones! You've reminded me I still haven't posted pictures of the ones I've bought...

Loving all the clothes. I'l have to check out that Tee Public site you mentioned. And yes for the record I do have some Disney shirts. I just only like v-neck t's so there aren't a lot to pick from :-)

Well, since I have 2 "plans" I have 2 sets of note cards, as well as a master list of the different plans, and a note card with park hours

Ahhh note cards are a good idea!! Wish I would've thought about that! Well it may give me something to do in the 29.5 hours we have before we leave :flower1:

Love all of your clothing choices! I have several Raglans for the trip since I am convinced I'm going to freeze

We were off Election Day, as well. We did some running around but no bouncy houses, thank goodness. However, I feel you on the written plans bc, even though my trip is 204 days away, I am covered up in them at the moment. ADR day is Dec 5th so I'm doing some preliminary touring plans just to narrow down ADR times. However, I don't have a Plan A & B, like you, so I still have mucho sympathy for you!

Love the requisite clothes post! I was thinking about ordering a LC Snow White shirt (kohls has been having some good discounts lately) but I absolutely hate paying that 8.95 shipping charge from Kohl's. I don't know what it is, but it pisses me off! I mean, most everyone else charges like $5.99 or something...which isn't that much cheaper but seems like it is! Haha.

You are so, so close! I'm so excited for your TR!
I noticed you're working on your ADR's, it's never too early! I'm looking forward to seeing all that you have planned :)
I absolutely hate paying Kohl's shipping but I don't always have $75 worth of stuff to order :headache: Normally my local Kohl's has a great selection plus there's 2 other Kohl's within 20 minutes of me so I rarely order online, but none had the LC shirt I wanted in stock.
I'm one week out today, yay :cheer2:

Love your shirts I agree the LC shirt is super cute. Have a good weekend!
Thanks, you too! trying to get some packing done......

I love the LC shirt! She has such cute Disney stuff.
She does! I hope she keeps coming out with new ones

Loving all the clothes. I'l have to check out that Tee Public site you mentioned. And yes for the record I do have some Disney shirts. I just only like v-neck t's so there aren't a lot to pick from :-)
I believe you because I did actually notice a Disney shirt or two in your pictures lol. Definitely check out the site, some of the shirts are great! I prefer V-neck also and they have those at TeePublic; I went with non V-neck because those were on sale :P I don't know why but it seems the majority of Disney shirts for women are NOT V-neck.

Ahhh note cards are a good idea!! Wish I would've thought about that! Well it may give me something to do in the 29.5 hours we have before we leave :flower1:

Love all of your clothing choices! I have several Raglans for the trip since I am convinced I'm going to freeze
I think it's hysterical that you think you'll freeze, because it's only supposed to be high 50's at the chilliest when you're there :rotfl2: Last year when we were there Thanksgivng weekend it did get chilly at night adn we wore long pants and sometimes sweatshirts, but we weren't FREEZING lol. I think you'll be fine ;)
Safe travels and have a wonderful trip! I'm going to text you once we're down there and hopefully we'll meet up :goodvibes

Love the shirt selection. I have a ton of Disney tees so I'll have to choose a few to pack. it won't be easy. I saw the Mickey and Minnie mistletoe one that you bought at our Disney outlet on Friday...but resisted buying it. Instead DH and I went to fye where they had a ton of t-shirts for B1G1 75% off so I got a Back to the Future tee for my youngest for Universal, a Nightmare Before Christmas tee for my oldest, a Stitch tee for my daughter and a STAR Labs tee for DH...nothing for me.

Can't wait to read how things go tomorrow for tryouts.

Ok, I'm kind of mad at you now @ariane37 ! ;) I've spent hours, and hours, on Redbubble this weekend, searching through Disney designs, and I'm still not all the way through! I think I've found like 10 shirts I *want* to order! What a bad influence you are!! Lol

I think it's hysterical that you think you'll freeze, because it's only supposed to be high 50's at the chilliest when you're there :rotfl2: Last year when we were there Thanksgivng weekend it did get chilly at night adn we wore long pants and sometimes sweatshirts, but we weren't FREEZING lol. I think you'll be fine ;)
Safe travels and have a wonderful trip! I'm going to text you once we're down there and hopefully we'll meet up :goodvibes

Well you know...last night I finally turned my heat on for the first time this year I think it was 55 outside.

I probably should be sleeping right now but I am too excited to sleep and trying to finish up last minute details.

Look forward to hearing from you!!:thumbsup2

I love your shirts! Very nice choices. I cannot imagine being at WDW when it's cold enough for long sleeves! And yes, for us Southern folk 50's is cold! :P I have my heat on tonight and I think the low is something like 56. The high on Friday was 74 and I wore a sweater lol. And snow flurries! Wow. Tonight Cora asked if I remembered that one time in November years ago when I woke her up in the middle of the night to show her it was snowing. Tells you how rare it is here. :)

Final week countdown!!!

Ok, I'm kind of mad at you now @ariane37 ! ;) I've spent hours, and hours, on Redbubble this weekend, searching through Disney designs, and I'm still not all the way through! I think I've found like 10 shirts I *want* to order! What a bad influence you are!! Lol
Lol! I know, it took me forever when I ordered from there! I had ordered a Christmas Mickey T last year from Redbubble also but um, it doesn't fit anymore :o and if you go on TeePublic the same thing will happen because that site is also huge!

I love your shirts! Very nice choices. I cannot imagine being at WDW when it's cold enough for long sleeves! And yes, for us Southern folk 50's is cold! :P I have my heat on tonight and I think the low is something like 56. The high on Friday was 74 and I wore a sweater lol. And snow flurries! Wow. Tonight Cora asked if I remembered that one time in November years ago when I woke her up in the middle of the night to show her it was snowing. Tells you how rare it is here. :)

Final week countdown!!!
My sister is in Georgia and last week she posted something on FB like, "52 degrees this morning and I busted out my UGGs!" Meanwhile 52 here means jeans, a t-shirt and it's still acceptable flip-flop weather :rotfl2:

Lol! I know, it took me forever when I ordered from there! I had ordered a Christmas Mickey T last year from Redbubble also but um, it doesn't fit anymore :o and if you go on TeePublic the same thing will happen because that site is also huge!
I noticed! ;)

My sister is in Georgia and last week she posted something on FB like, "52 degrees this morning and I busted out my UGGs!" Meanwhile 52 here means jeans, a t-shirt and it's still acceptable flip-flop weather :rotfl2:
I can totally relate to your sister and Kelley! The highs are in the high 60's and we are wearing long sleeves around here!

I can totally relate to your sister and Kelley! The highs are in the high 60's and we are wearing long sleeves around here!
You Southies are all NUTS! I would've loved to see you guys in Disney this past January when Steve and I were bundled up in our NorthFace jackets-you all would have been begging for 50's and 60's!
I guess if I ever decided to do a Dis meet at my house my only choices would be June-August or else I'd have to buy you all down comforters to walk around wrapped up in :rotfl2:

You Southies are all NUTS! I would've loved to see you guys in Disney this past January when Steve and I were bundled up in our NorthFace jackets-you all would have been begging for 50's and 60's!
I guess if I ever decided to do a Dis meet at my house my only choices would be June-August or else I'd have to buy you all down comforters to walk around wrapped up in :rotfl2:
HAHA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter