"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

Glad to hear Ricky made the first cuts. Fingers crossed for him today and for you to finally know what the heck is happening.

Oh and I have Casey looking over my shoulder this morning, who would like to offer these emoji's to you (though she was very upset to see the DIS does not offer the poop emoji that my phone has)...
:cake:pixiedust:pixiedust::hyper2::crutches::genie::welcome::bday:

I just watched the finale too!

And ugh they should let you know now. Don't they know there's Disney planning to be done? :laughing:
I was afraid the finale would disappoint me but I actually liked it! What did you think? Have you watched all the seasons?
LOL they definitely should! Would love to have seen the look on Ricky's face if I went in and demanded they tell us earlier since my baby is going to Disney :tigger:
Ugh...more waiting! More sorries for you! In other news, I've considered going back and watching all the AHS seasons, as I meant to watch and never did. Worth the time?
Poor kid couldn't eat breakfast this morning and said his heart wouldn't stop racing :( He should know in less than 2 hours.....
I think at least some of the seasons of AHS are most definitely worth the time :thumbsup2 The first season is awesome and is definitely the best; I think AHS Coven was really good, too. Asylum was freaky and I think that's my 4th favorite. If you like those then go ahead and watch Freak Show and Hotel, which both had some good moments but overall were disappointing to me; I liked this last season, Roanoke, much better. It's actually my 3rd favorite. One thing I love is that a bunch of the same actors keep coming back, sometimes they'll skip a season, sometimes they make one little cameo and they've played a major role in another season.

Congrats on Ricky making the first cut but
I'm sorry they are dragging this out. I watched AHS last night :scared1: Can't wait to see your new shirts.
Did you like this season of AHS? I did, much better than last season! I'm going to most likely post my TeePublic shirts later today :)
Last year Ricky had FIVE days of tryouts before they made the final cut, so thank goodness it isn't that long this year!

Glad to hear Ricky made the first cuts. Fingers crossed for him today and for you to finally know what the heck is happening.

Oh and I have Casey looking over my shoulder this morning, who would like to offer these emoji's to you (though she was very upset to see the DIS does not offer the poop emoji that my phone has)...
:cake:pixiedust:pixiedust::hyper2::crutches::genie::welcome::bday:
I have so much to do that I can't do until I know the basketball outcome; very frustrating as well as stressful! He'll find out after 12:06 today.....he said he'll try to text me but the service in the school is really bad so I may have to wait until he gets home at 2:10. It's killing me.
Please tell Miss Casey I said yes......mm-hmm, I understand.......and :laughing::laughing: :earseek::cat::thanks::thanks::car::tink:

Did you like this season of AHS? I did, much better than last season! I'm going to most likely post my TeePublic shirts later today :)
Last year Ricky had FIVE days of tryouts before they made the final cut, so thank goodness it isn't that long this year!

Yes I loved it! Looking forward to updates later have to go back to work.

Just doing a drive by to see what's up around these parts....hope you can get your plans firmed up soon lol

I can't even express how happy I am that my days of sorting fundraiser items and trying to get people to come pick up their stuff is OVER. No fundraisers like that for my middle school PTO! The band and orchestra sell product, but the band/orchestra teachers take care of it since the money is all for them.
For me, it's just event planning and mediating conflict.

Still crossing my fingers for Ricky...although based on the time, he probably knows by now. I hope it's good news, but regardless, I just hope the rest of your planning takes shape. Darn that school for making tryouts so close to your trip!

I've been watching this season of AHS, but haven't watched the finale yet...will try to get to that tonight. Matt likes to watch Designated Survivor, so we DVR horror story.

LOVE your new Disney apparrel. Can't wait to see you Tee Public finds. Need to check that site out myself.
Fingers crossed for Ricky.

Drumroll please........
Aaaaaaaaand,

He made it :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Whew! OMG do I feel a weight lifted off my shoulDers! I was at Christopher's teacher conference when I got the text and I was so afraid to look at my phone. But Chris's teacher was Ricky's 5th grade teacher also and knew we were waiting to hear if he made it (Chris had filled her in on the whole plan A/B thing) so I looked, and teared up when I read it! SO happy and SO less-stressed, although I owe part of that To my chiropractor whom I visited this afternoon lol.

So now that I know who's going when, I was FINALLY able to fix all my FP's the way I need to and cancel some ADR's. I tossed the note cards for "Plan A" and will fill in my FP selections on the "Plan B" cards later tonight. For the most part I was able to switch around what I wanted to and make the FP's I wanted; in a couple spots the times available weren't what I wanted but this close to travel I'm just happy something was available. I'll tell you though, and it isn't new info. to me - the Epcot FP situation SUCKS :sad2: I just get reminded of it every time I make them for that park.

Here's a quick rundown of what our schedule looks like
NOW:
Sat. 11/19 arrival for Chris and I
MK
FP's: Splash, Jingle Cruise, Buzz
dinner at Cape May Cafe

Sun. 11/20
HS
breakfast Capt. Grille 10:15
FP's: GMR, TOT
dinner at Narcoossee's
**possibly swim in between park and dinner or hope somewhere else**

Mon. 11/21
EPCOT
GG breakfast 8:00
FP's: LWTL, TT, SE

dinner either ESPN Club before DS or Blaze pizza
Tues. 11/22
MK
FP's: Splash, BTMRR, Pirates
lunch: maybe early Skippers? Will decide the day before
dinner: BOG
**Steve and Ricky arrive around 1 a.m.!!*

Wed. 11/23
AK
FP's: KRR (for Chris), EE (for Ricky), safari. I had to give up my character outpost FP the day before and didn't make one today since it's Ricky's only day here and he wants EE and safari, so hoping at some point the line isn't too long.
dinner: Yak & Yeti
**possibly DS for the guys to see the tiny, tiny character Christmas trees and go to the Trophy Room**

Thanksgiving 11/24
RD MK
FP's: BTMRR, Splash, HM (Steve and I), Buzz (kids). I wanted to get Space for Steve and I but only late afternoon times were available, and I don't think we'll be here then
**possibly Splitsville, but I highly doubt it. Better chance of just walking around DS if we didn't the night before**
dinner: Trails End

Jingle
Bell, Jingle BAM dessert party :santa:
Fri. 11/25
Epcot
FP's: TT, SE
dinner: Il Mulino after trying not to fill up too much at all the new holiday snack booths in WS that debut today!!! Then back to Epcot for holiday Illuminations

Sat. 11/26, departure day :(
MK
FP's: won't be made until Sat. when I add a day to Chris's ticket, but hoping for Space, BTMRR, and something else
food: well, since we want as much park time as possible I'm going to cancel our Trails End brunch that morning. I also cancelled our LTT lunch since the menu sucks now, so it'll be QS all the way. There's a chance we may hit HS at RD if we didn't get on TOT and RnRC before Jingle BAM, and if we don't do that we may leave MK and go back to Epcot if we didn't eat all the snacks we wanted to at the booths. So this day is a little up in the air, but after the whole vacation being up in the air the last month or so I'm fine with one day not being set!
Back to resort by 5:15ish to be ready or stupid DME

Ah, so nice to have a solid plan! To top it off I love my TeePublic shirts, one especially. Here they are:

I kind of want to meet Ariel in her grotto while I'm wearing this, especially since we never have.

Here's the one that I am just in love love LOVE with! I laughed like crazy when I saw it. You may be questioning my sense of humor right about now but I think it's great

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: Who thinks it's awesome??? Too bad he doesn't have a regular meet because I would totally meet him wearing this. It looks black but it's a charcoal grey. The red Ariel shirt is their regular scoop-neck T and the Smee one is a "softer" T. It cost like $7 more but it's really worth it because the material is lovely, much more comfortable than the Ariel. If I order anymore in the future I'll go with the softer material shirt.

I'm going to get this update over with since it's gotten pretty long, and I need to get to packin'! Speaking of, @Whit64130 is down in Disney now and has been sending me texts and some really cool pictures. She says the weather is great but a little chilly at night, and while her chilly and my chilly differ a bit it's made me rethink what I'm packing to add a couple more long pants for everyone and an additional long sleeve shirt. I'll try to post once more tomorrow before we leave; if not, thank you everyone for following along and I'll update when we're back and I have my TR and dining reports started :goodvibes

:earsgirl: HAPPY THANKSGIVING :earsboy:

Just doing a drive by to see what's up around these parts....hope you can get your plans firmed up soon lol
All firm! Thank you for stopping by again :) It's been a looooong few weeks but I'm happy to say everything has fallen into place an I'm ready for Saturday to be here!

I can't even express how happy I am that my days of sorting fundraiser items and trying to get people to come pick up their stuff is OVER. No fundraisers like that for my middle school PTO! The band and orchestra sell product, but the band/orchestra teachers take care of it since the money is all for them.
For me, it's just event planning and mediating conflict.

Still crossing my fingers for Ricky...although based on the time, he probably knows by now. I hope it's good news, but regardless, I just hope the rest of your planning takes shape. Darn that school for making tryouts so close to your trip!

I've been watching this season of AHS, but haven't watched the finale yet...will try to get to that tonight. Matt likes to watch Designated Survivor, so we DVR horror story.
I have ONE more year of the fundraiser and once Chris hits middle school, I'm done :sad2: I chair school pictures also and I enjoy that, but fundraising is just.......nope. Of all the other things I chair I love fundraising the least :snooty:
Our band/orchestra/drama are the same, anything they sell is handled by the coordinating instructors.
Good news for Ricky and I'm close to being all set :thumbsup2 Next year I'm going to have to give the athletic dept. my Disney schedule in like June so they can adjust themselves accordingly lol!

LOVE your new Disney apparrel. Can't wait to see you Tee Public finds. Need to check that site out myself.
Fingers crossed for Ricky.
Thank you! It was also very hard picking just 2 shirts from TeePublic, that site is huge and the shirts are awesome.
Everyone's good thoughts and wishes for Ricky worked!
Safe travels to you and your mom, can't wait to hear about YOUR trip :goodvibes

Hooray!! Congrats to Ricky and here's a celebratory dance party because you can finalize plans: party::dancer::jumping1::cheer2::banana::cool1::dogdance::woohoo:

Have fun! Get packing!! I'm so happy for you!!

Also, glad to see those TeePublic shirts...The Smee one cracks me up!! If he sees you during a parade he will come over and interact with you! I've always wondered about the quality and the difference between the shirt types, so this is very helpful information.

Have fun (of course you will!) and I can't wait to hear how everything goes. I think it's nice that you and Chris will have some time just the two of you :-)

Hallelujah Hallelujah!!!! Hallelujah Hallelujah Hall-e-lu-jah!!!!!!!!! So happy for Ricky and for you for finally knowing what the heck is going on!!!!!! T minus 36 hours. Have an amazing time. I'll be thinking of you all!

I almost bought my husband the Hello It's Smee shirt last night. They had all their shirts on sale for $14. Instead I bought our son a shirt to wear on his 21st birthday ;)

I was afraid the finale would disappoint me but I actually liked it! What did you think? Have you watched all the seasons?
LOL they definitely should! Would love to have seen the look on Ricky's face if I went in and demanded they tell us earlier since my baby is going to Disney :tigger:

Other than wondering how that last stint in the house got released as a show and no one was bothered by all the actors being dead, I did like it. I have watched all the seasons!

:rotfl: you should've done it.
He made it :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

:dancer:

Here's the one that I am just in love love LOVE with! I laughed like crazy when I saw it. You may be questioning my sense of humor right about now but I think it's great

I laughed too :laughing:

Too bad he doesn't have a regular meet because I would totally meet him wearing this.

I know! I loved meeting him at Pirates and Pals. I wish I could meet him whole in my Smee outfit.

I'll try to post once more tomorrow before we leave; if not, thank you everyone for following along and I'll update when we're back and I have my TR and dining reports started :goodvibes

Have a great trip!:tinker:

:earsgirl: HAPPY THANKSGIVING :earsboy:

And a Happy Thanksgiving!

Yea!!! Congratulations to Ricky! I bet that's a big weight off your shoulders!

I so admire your flexibility with your plans A and B

Hope you have a fantastic, wonderful trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

:smickey:

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to Ricky for making the team and congratulations to you for finally being able to finish your plans! It sounds like a completely magical week. So looking forward to your Thanksgiving in MK updates. If you're anything like me, you will spend a lot of time tomorrow annoying your family by loudly belting "One Day More" from Les Miserables randomly throughout the day. I may or may not do that the day before our Disney trips. :rolleyes1

P.S. Actual headline from one of our local news stations tonight- Brace yourselves: A frost is possible in North Texas this weekend. I may need that down comforter shipped south. ;)

Ok finally made it here after a few hectic days and yay for Ricky and you being able to finalize your plans...FInALLy!

So yes we are on the road for almost 3 hours now which meant we didn't deal with crazy traffic around the D.C. and Virginia area. That was good.

I'll try to update my PTR (now TR) soon since I have 9hr 40 mins left without stops of course. Plus at some point I'll have to provide some relief driving.

Oh and I LoVe the shirts and I may need that Smee one for myself!

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to Ricky for making the team and congratulations to you for finally being able to finish your plans! It sounds like a completely magical week. So looking forward to your Thanksgiving in MK updates. If you're anything like me, you will spend a lot of time tomorrow annoying your family by loudly belting "One Day More" from Les Miserables randomly throughout the day. I may or may not do that the day before our Disney trips. :rolleyes1

P.S. Actual headline from one of our local news stations tonight- Brace yourselves: A frost is possible in North Texas this weekend. I may need that down comforter shipped south. ;)
Here's our crazy weather: high of 77 today....high of 58 tomorrow. Seriously???

Yay!!! So happy for Ricky (and you!) that he made the team! Glad you got your plans finalized and here's hoping you get everything done today that you need to with no trouble!

So I remember you posting that you guys were going to stay in a hotel tonight, close to the airport. Is that still the case for you and Chris? Plans look great! I can't wait to follow along on FB and then read your reports afterward! Have a happy Thanksgiving and a magical trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter