"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

Hurray for Ricky making the team, and you finally knowing which plan you need to go with!

Love the TeePublic purchases, that Smee one made me laugh!

Have a wonderful trip, I can't believe you leave tomorrow! Time has flown by!

Hooray!! Congrats to Ricky and here's a celebratory dance party because you can finalize plans: party::dancer::jumping1::cheer2::banana::cool1::dogdance::woohoo:

Have fun! Get packing!! I'm so happy for you!!

Also, glad to see those TeePublic shirts...The Smee one cracks me up!! If he sees you during a parade he will come over and interact with you! I've always wondered about the quality and the difference between the shirt types, so this is very helpful information.

Have fun (of course you will!) and I can't wait to hear how everything goes. I think it's nice that you and Chris will have some time just the two of you :-)
Ha, thanks for the dance! We all breathed a big sigh of relief around 12:15 yesterday :goodvibes And packing is almost done!
I think I have to make a point of watching FoF just to try and get Mr. Smee to recognize me, although we usually catch it at least once per trip anyway. And there really is a BIG difference in the shirt quality and I totally think it's worth the extra few $$'s for the comfort.

Hallelujah Hallelujah!!!! Hallelujah Hallelujah Hall-e-lu-jah!!!!!!!!! So happy for Ricky and for you for finally knowing what the heck is going on!!!!!! T minus 36 hours. Have an amazing time. I'll be thinking of you all!
:worship::worship: I'll be thinking of you every time I :drinking1.

I almost bought my husband the Hello It's Smee shirt last night. They had all their shirts on sale for $14. Instead I bought our son a shirt to wear on his 21st birthday ;)
Yes that was definitely a good sale and I paid $14 for my Ariel shirt :) But to get the softer material I paid a little bit more for the Smee one and you can really see the difference
Which shirt did you get your DS? I wanted to buy some for the rest of my family but wanted to check out the quality first. Very happy with them so I'll buy everyone some for our next trip - the boys will be thrilled :rolleyes:

Other than wondering how that last stint in the house got released as a show and no one was bothered by all the actors being dead, I did like it. I have watched all the seasons!

I know! I loved meeting him at Pirates and Pals. I wish I could meet him whole in my Smee outfit.

Have a great trip!:tinker:

And a Happy Thanksgiving!
LOL that was definitely weird about nobody being bothered by the actors being dead, but hey, it's TV! I liked how Lee had to kill herselft (well, have the ghost girl do it) at the end.

We saw Smee at Characterpalooze once, maybe I'll try to get there again when I'm wearing the shirt and cross my fingers! It would be cool if you could meet him in your Smee disneybound :thumbsup2

Thanks for the well-wishes, Happy Thanksgiving to you and Josh as well!

Yea!!! Congratulations to Ricky! I bet that's a big weight off your shoulders!

I so admire your flexibility with your plans A and B

Hope you have a fantastic, wonderful trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

:smickey:
:thanks: and yes, HUGE amount of stress gone. I've actually been enjoying the packing process since we found out about him making the team, and and finally 100% excited to be leaving tomorrow!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family also :)

Woohoo!!! Congratulations to Ricky for making the team and congratulations to you for finally being able to finish your plans! It sounds like a completely magical week. So looking forward to your Thanksgiving in MK updates. If you're anything like me, you will spend a lot of time tomorrow annoying your family by loudly belting "One Day More" from Les Miserables randomly throughout the day. I may or may not do that the day before our Disney trips. :rolleyes1

P.S. Actual headline from one of our local news stations tonight- Brace yourselves: A frost is possible in North Texas this weekend. I may need that down comforter shipped south. ;)
I DO sing to the boys, and they both shake their heads and slowly close their bedroom doors when I do........but I usually sing made-up songs along the lines of, "make sure you get some sleep tonight, tomorrow we have an early flight, soon we'll be in Mommy's happy place, and you better keep a smile on your face" :D
Um, I would LOVE to hear what the temps of your so-called "frost" end up being :sad2: Probably about what our temps are now as I sit here in a t-shirt and jeans with bare feet and a nice cool 58 degree breeze coming through the sliding doors:p You best break out your hot chocolate if it's dipping below 55 :rotfl2:

Wonderful news! Congrats to Ricky!
Cute tshirts
Have a most fabulous and magical trip!
Thank you on all accounts and right back atcha on having a fabulous and magical trip pixiedust:

Ok finally made it here after a few hectic days and yay for Ricky and you being able to finalize your plans...FInALLy!

So yes we are on the road for almost 3 hours now which meant we didn't deal with crazy traffic around the D.C. and Virginia area. That was good.

I'll try to update my PTR (now TR) soon since I have 9hr 40 mins left without stops of course. Plus at some point I'll have to provide some relief driving.

Oh and I LoVe the shirts and I may need that Smee one for myself!

I hope the drive is going smoothly :car: and your trip gets off to a great start once you arrive!
I love my shirts too and I'm so glad I went ahead and ordered them. It's going to be hard deciding which ones I'll order next lol

Here's our crazy weather: high of 77 today....high of 58 tomorrow. Seriously???
58 here today and it's beautiful! Kids went to school with no jackets - were you guys in winter hats and gloves lol?

Yay!!! So happy for Ricky (and you!) that he made the team! Glad you got your plans finalized and here's hoping you get everything done today that you need to with no trouble!

So I remember you posting that you guys were going to stay in a hotel tonight, close to the airport. Is that still the case for you and Chris? Plans look great! I can't wait to follow along on FB and then read your reports afterward! Have a happy Thanksgiving and a magical trip!!
So far so good, moving right along with packing and cleaning. Although I shouldn't have sat down at the computer because it ruins my flow and now I feel lazy........
Your memory is very good because Steve and I stayed in a hotel the night before we left in August, but nope, we're just leaving here at the bright and early hour of 4:15 am :scared1: Chris doesn't know that yet since he hates getting up early. I'm saving that gem for later!

Hurray for Ricky making the team, and you finally knowing which plan you need to go with!

Love the TeePublic purchases, that Smee one made me laugh!

Have a wonderful trip, I can't believe you leave tomorrow! Time has flown by!
I'm so glad you mentioned TeePublic in your PTR or I never would have known about it, so thank YOU! Of course now I'll be ordering new shirts from there every time we take a trip, so Steve may not be a big fan of yours lol.
The last month has definitely flown by, even though it seemed to drag at times waiting on the basketball news (and thank goodness that all worked out great). I know I said this before but when we get back your trip will be that much more closer :cheer2:

Congratulations to Ricky! You all must have been so relieved!

And congrats to you for pulling off the planning for your trip and an alternate! Some of us struggle with planning just one!

Have an amazing time! I hope it's all you dreamed of and more!

(I'm off to send you a Facebook friend request because I LOVE when people's Disney vacation pictures clog up my news feed :-))

Congratulations to Ricky! You all must have been so relieved!

And congrats to you for pulling off the planning for your trip and an alternate! Some of us struggle with planning just one!

Have an amazing time! I hope it's all you dreamed of and more!

(I'm off to send you a Facebook friend request because I LOVE when people's Disney vacation pictures clog up my news feed :-))
Thank you! I was extremely relieved :scared: We can't always make life perfect for our kids and that's ok, because they do need to learn how to deal with disappointment. But boy it's nice when you can put those lessons off!!
So far the trip is going very well! Ricky and Steve arrived today. Four big park days left :thumbsup2

Have a GREAT time Ariane! I'm so happy everything worked out for you and your family!
Thank you so much :hug: Have a great Thanksgiving!

Hi. I started following the thread in the beginning of the month but then stopped receiving notifications, so I just read the last 5 pages, good to know that Ricky made it in the team.
And now I wait to see the TR for the trip :)

Hi. I started following the thread in the beginning of the month but then stopped receiving notifications, so I just read the last 5 pages, good to know that Ricky made it in the team.
And now I wait to see the TR for the trip :)
Well thank you for following along! I'm hoping to get my TR and dining reports started up at least by this weekend, and when I do I'll post a lik here :thumbsup2

Hope you had a wonderful trip!
:thanks: We did! And by the time I get my TR started, you'll probably be enjoying your trip :goodvibes

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Well obviously we're back :-) and I just posted my TR! However because I'm a complete computer MORON I can't post a link :sad2: I know I know, I have links to my other reports down below but Steve helped me with those and I've completely forgotten how to do it. He's forgotten too, in case you haven't noticed the link to my Aug. dining report doesn't work. So if anyone feels sorry for me and would like to give me a step by step of how to post the link, I will be forever grateful :hug: Otherwise if you'd like to pop over to the Trip Reports board in the meantime, it's called

"Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016"

Thank you all once again for following along on my PTR!

So if anyone feels sorry for me and would like to give me a step by step of how to post the link, I will be forever grateful :hug: Otherwise if you'd like to pop over to the Trip Reports board in the meantime, it's called
Not because I fell sorry, but because I love...

For your signature, click on your user name in the top right corner and select signature.
Type in the name of your trip report where you want it
Then highlight the entire title and select the link icon (looks like a paperclip)
Paste in the link to your report
Then select insert and it should work just fine

Works the same inside a reply by using the same icon.

Not because I fell sorry, but because I love...

For your signature, click on your user name in the top right corner and select signature.
Type in the name of your trip report where you want it
Then highlight the entire title and select the link icon (looks like a paperclip)
Paste in the link to your report
Then select insert and it should work just fine

Works the same inside a reply by using the same icon.
:worship: Going to try this and see if I can handle it! Thank you, from the bottom of my ever-lovin' heart to the top of your not feeling sorry for me head :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter