"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

And The Wait Goes On.......

Not much to really report guys, just trying to motivate myself to clean and pack. Today is the 2nd and last day of tryouts for Ricky. That's good, because he should know tomorrow if he made the team or not. Also good because the sooner I can (possibly) change around any FP's, the better! Not good because he doesn't think he did good yesterday at tryouts and was pretty down last night, and if he doesn't make the team I'm going to be consoling a very depressed, very sad kid. Which is something all of us as parents have to do at some point, but it's never fun.

Sorry for that little downer! Thank you everyone for all your good wishes for Ricky and hopefully tomorrow night I'll post the news one way or another. On the Disney front I'm still waiting for my TeePublic shirts to arrive; they were due today but of course didn't show up. At least I still have 3 days. Then Chris told me even if just the 2 of us go down Sat., he'd like to spend our 2nd (first whole) day in HS which is the plan if it's all 4 of us. I was going to switch it to AK as far as FP's since he's not a big HS fan-or so I thought-but this will save me from having to possibly change that day. We have FP's for TOT and RnRC/TSMM split so if it's just the 2 of us I'll try getting myself on TSMM since that's Chris and Steve right now, and either beg him to possibly ride TOT or leave as is since there isn't really anything else 2nd tier we'd care about.
Oh, did you guys see or read any reviews of the
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! show or dessert party? The party setup and food offerings/drinks look really good! I've read mixed reviews on the show but am excited to see it for myself :santa: I was kinda hoping the "special guest" was Sandy Claws, but being Santa Goofy means we don't have to go out of our way to meet him anywhere else.
One more thing and then I'll finish this boring update! I don't do social media that much, but I do post on FB occasionally and always when I'm in Disney :goodvibes So if any of you would like to feel free to "friend" me on FB and I promise to accept your request! Ariane Costa DeVizio :thumbsup2

Let's not even talk about how this thread got so long I waited to read it because I was already starting out behind, and now I'm skim reading it from the beginning like a crazy person. I will friend you on FB (also crossing fingers for Ricky because I don't want him to be sad!!!!!!!) and I was keeping notes along the way while reading this afternoon, so copying and pasting them from my Notes app on my laptop, LOL! The formatting will be weird, I'm sure!

--------------------------------------

Chris and Eric look alike, even though I think your youngest looks like you!

Villains dress!!

Haha, Aladdin mini fig! Bought two packs at WM and ended up with Ariel and Ursula - luck!

Want to try Tokyo Dining at some point, really excited for Garden Grill

Boo on early up two days for split stay ADRs! Sad CM couldn’t make them for you

No judgement on holding two dinner ADRs even though I don’t like doing it…I did it for CP pkgs and felt guilty, but survived, lol! Contemplating Minnie’s Holiday dine for a check out day breakfast (also cape may, have set up touring plans reminders)

LOVE FAMILY PIC WHEN BOYS WERE SMALL!!

OMG, you haven’t aged at all since 2010! Hate you! (not really!!)

Character meets! pictures so cute!

RE: Snowglobes and clock: I used to have a villains snow globe similar to the clock, got it at WDW in 2001…LOVED IT so much, but it broke during our move from MO to AR. Sad face.

Splitsville sounds fun…OMG SCHOOL BREAD, my fave!

Minnie skirt -haha!

Baseball guy’s house looks like one we’re eyeballing here in town but I can’t commit to moving

I’ve never been to Zaxby’s even though they’re a thing here…we have a Newk’s with chicken salad I would kill someone for, though.

realizing how far behind i am based on August’s you/DH adults only trip. oy.

Food pictures! Crying! I have to get up now and make dinner…also, will go ahead and comment, saving my spot, post 278 from July pg 14

----------------------

some of these notes are...special. Oh, and the "food pictures! Crying!" is because I'm starving...and also because I have to move my butt and go make dinner. Boo. Will catch up more tonight.

And...I've caught up. Who needs the Princess Half Marathon? I am now the PTR marathon champion!!
Here's the rest of my weirdo notes I made as I read along:

---------------------------------
-Looking forward to Ample Hills Creamery! Have it penciled in a couple of places on our trip plan for December.

I like the fuzzy antlers on the deer at G.A.

Still sad you’re not a SW fan :(

Cute character bands! I wanted the Dooney band that matches my wallet (best of Mickey print)!

Can’t wait to get a purple MB for May’s trip, or I guess for my AP band!…had to go with red for the holidays this time. I think the new style luggage tags are awesome!

LOVE the Monsters, Inc characters in the old parade!

I wish, wish, wish that the Muppets would be in a parade again, or do a meet and greet. Really looking forward to Great Moments in History in Liberty Square!

I used to have my Golden Girls house picture framed!! Now it’s in a box somewhere.

Oh! The ugly Mickey shirt you mentioned in a comment on my PTR. LOL!! It’s not that bad…Love that they all have one!

5th floor is my favorite at WL :) open balcony!

The Brother Bear bears meet at breakfast in the Grand Californian at Disneyland!

I would never have been able to resist the Minnie/Mickey tsum tsum shirt. Love it! I have a LOT of tsum tsums, but haven’t bought any new ones in quite awhile.

Stanleeyyyyyy!! And the Jammin’ Jungle Parade!

Oh…my beautiful Wilderness Lodge!! I miss it so much!! Jealous of the pins. After being at the Grand Californian in June, I can say with certainty that WL is much better!

Tree of Life Awakenings looks so pretty!

feeling like I need to do the Future World tour solely for name tags.

Characterpalooza!!

Ooooh!! Ricky all dressed up for Homecoming!! It was sad enough thinking about it when you mentioned it on my ptr, but seeing the pictures?? Gah! Why do they have to get so big so fast??

School bread again, yessssss

Glad you didn’t have to cancel, I know that was stressful for a bit!!

Happy belated 11th to Chris!!

Snow?? I love the first flurries of the season. But we don’t get a lot of snow down here…and if we do, the whole area is a mess because of our lack of snow removal equipment. If we have a big snow, photos of the AR/MO line usually go viral because the MO side is clear and the AR side looks untouched by plows.

I have my fingers crossed for you that this Thanksgiving is better than last year! I felt so bad that you were sick last time!!

Hooray for kids old enough to go back to the hotel while the adults go out and about! The thought of having a small child again is just…no.

Jealous of your flea market finds!! I tried on that LC “Once Upon a Time” sweater at Kohls but didn’t buy it, since I’m weird about going somewhere and only buying one thing. The lines at our Kohl’s are always ridiculously long.

----------------------------------------

And now we shall never speak of my terribleness ever again, because I am horrified that it took me so long to get in on this!

I hope you find out some news about your sons tryouts soon! It would be killing me not knowing what the plan was this close to the trip.

Youre so close! :banana: I hope that everything goes just how you want it and that you have a good Thanksgiving re-do.

I love the shirts you got, they are so cute. Ooh, I'd love to see your Disney pictures while you're gone, I'll FB you!

Good luck! I hope Ricky made the team. At least you'll know tomorrow!

Ugh it annoys me so much when things I ordered online don't show up on time. Or Magicbands...mine shipped out a week ago, and they are not due here till Friday.

I sent you a friend request!

Ahhhh...I was expecting the news on the tryouts...guess I have to wait longer! Hoping for the best for him.

I am trying not to read too much about JBJB right now because if we do get a chance to see it I want to be surprised. We aren't doing the party though, just keeping it as an evening option and hoping we can make it out one night.

And The Wait Goes On.......

Not much to really report guys, just trying to motivate myself to clean and pack. Today is the 2nd and last day of tryouts for Ricky. That's good, because he should know tomorrow if he made the team or not. Also good because the sooner I can (possibly) change around any FP's, the better! Not good because he doesn't think he did good yesterday at tryouts and was pretty down last night, and if he doesn't make the team I'm going to be consoling a very depressed, very sad kid. Which is something all of us as parents have to do at some point, but it's never fun.

Sorry for that little downer! Thank you everyone for all your good wishes for Ricky and hopefully tomorrow night I'll post the news one way or another. On the Disney front I'm still waiting for my TeePublic shirts to arrive; they were due today but of course didn't show up. At least I still have 3 days. Then Chris told me even if just the 2 of us go down Sat., he'd like to spend our 2nd (first whole) day in HS which is the plan if it's all 4 of us. I was going to switch it to AK as far as FP's since he's not a big HS fan-or so I thought-but this will save me from having to possibly change that day. We have FP's for TOT and RnRC/TSMM split so if it's just the 2 of us I'll try getting myself on TSMM since that's Chris and Steve right now, and either beg him to possibly ride TOT or leave as is since there isn't really anything else 2nd tier we'd care about.
Oh, did you guys see or read any reviews of the
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! show or dessert party? The party setup and food offerings/drinks look really good! I've read mixed reviews on the show but am excited to see it for myself :santa: I was kinda hoping the "special guest" was Sandy Claws, but being Santa Goofy means we don't have to go out of our way to meet him anywhere else.
One more thing and then I'll finish this boring update! I don't do social media that much, but I do post on FB occasionally and always when I'm in Disney :goodvibes So if any of you would like to feel free to "friend" me on FB and I promise to accept your request! Ariane Costa DeVizio :thumbsup2

Hang in there :hug:

Ugh, so sorry on the wait. We are all anxiously waiting with you! You know I will be following along on FB for your trip!

You are too funny! I'm going to give you a great big :welcome:, because you deserve it for reading this whole thing all the way through! In your defense-yes, I'm coming to your defense-I don't remember seeing you around here much when I started writing this :scratchin so I'll give you that as a good excuse for being late. But thank you for coming over now and doing such a wonderful job catching up!

Of course my multi-quote function isn't working so I can't quote your weirdly-formatted responses, but I'll try my best!

Let's not even talk about how this thread got so long I waited to read it because I was already starting out behind, and now I'm skim reading it from the beginning like a crazy person. I will friend you on FB (also crossing fingers for Ricky because I don't want him to be sad!!!!!!!) and I was keeping notes along the way while reading this afternoon, so copying and pasting them from my Notes app on my laptop, LOL! The formatting will be weird, I'm sure!

--------------------------------------

Chris and Eric look alike, even though I think your youngest looks like you!

Villains dress!!

Haha, Aladdin mini fig! Bought two packs at WM and ended up with Ariel and Ursula - luck!

Want to try Tokyo Dining at some point, really excited for Garden Grill

Boo on early up two days for split stay ADRs! Sad CM couldn’t make them for you

No judgement on holding two dinner ADRs even though I don’t like doing it…I did it for CP pkgs and felt guilty, but survived, lol! Contemplating Minnie’s Holiday dine for a check out day breakfast (also cape may, have set up touring plans reminders)

LOVE FAMILY PIC WHEN BOYS WERE SMALL!!

OMG, you haven’t aged at all since 2010! Hate you! (not really!!)

Character meets! pictures so cute!

RE: Snowglobes and clock: I used to have a villains snow globe similar to the clock, got it at WDW in 2001…LOVED IT so much, but it broke during our move from MO to AR. Sad face.

Splitsville sounds fun…OMG SCHOOL BREAD, my fave!

Minnie skirt -haha!

Baseball guy’s house looks like one we’re eyeballing here in town but I can’t commit to moving

I’ve never been to Zaxby’s even though they’re a thing here…we have a Newk’s with chicken salad I would kill someone for, though.

realizing how far behind i am based on August’s you/DH adults only trip. oy.

Food pictures! Crying! I have to get up now and make dinner…also, will go ahead and comment, saving my spot, post 278 from July pg 14

----------------------
some of these notes are...special. Oh, and the "food pictures! Crying!" is because I'm starving...and also because I have to move my butt and go make dinner. Boo. Will catch up more tonight.
Well, we're all a little special here on the Dis, aren't we? Christopher does look alot like me. At least one of them does, I did do most of the work getting them here!
My head says you're right, I have NOT aged since 2010. My body on the other hand likes to remind me often that I have......especially when I'm trying on jeans or bathing suits :scared1:
You definitely need to try Zaxby's. I'd give anything to live by one! Well, I wouldn't move.....yeah that's a pain so I completely understand why you don't want to, even if the house you're looking at looks like Atlanta baseball guys' house. We moved almost 4 years ago and I still have about 7 unpacked boxes in our garage lol

And...I've caught up. Who needs the Princess Half Marathon? I am now the PTR marathon champion!!
Here's the rest of my weirdo notes I made as I read along:

---------------------------------
-Looking forward to Ample Hills Creamery! Have it penciled in a couple of places on our trip plan for December.

I like the fuzzy antlers on the deer at G.A.

Still sad you’re not a SW fan :(

Cute character bands! I wanted the Dooney band that matches my wallet (best of Mickey print)!

Can’t wait to get a purple MB for May’s trip, or I guess for my AP band!…had to go with red for the holidays this time. I think the new style luggage tags are awesome!

LOVE the Monsters, Inc characters in the old parade!

I wish, wish, wish that the Muppets would be in a parade again, or do a meet and greet. Really looking forward to Great Moments in History in Liberty Square!

I used to have my Golden Girls house picture framed!! Now it’s in a box somewhere.

Oh! The ugly Mickey shirt you mentioned in a comment on my PTR. LOL!! It’s not that bad…Love that they all have one!

5th floor is my favorite at WL :) open balcony!

The Brother Bear bears meet at breakfast in the Grand Californian at Disneyland!

I would never have been able to resist the Minnie/Mickey tsum tsum shirt. Love it! I have a LOT of tsum tsums, but haven’t bought any new ones in quite awhile.

Stanleeyyyyyy!! And the Jammin’ Jungle Parade!

Oh…my beautiful Wilderness Lodge!! I miss it so much!! Jealous of the pins. After being at the Grand Californian in June, I can say with certainty that WL is much better!

Tree of Life Awakenings looks so pretty!

feeling like I need to do the Future World tour solely for name tags.

Characterpalooza!!

Ooooh!! Ricky all dressed up for Homecoming!! It was sad enough thinking about it when you mentioned it on my ptr, but seeing the pictures?? Gah! Why do they have to get so big so fast??

School bread again, yessssss

Glad you didn’t have to cancel, I know that was stressful for a bit!!

Happy belated 11th to Chris!!

Snow?? I love the first flurries of the season. But we don’t get a lot of snow down here…and if we do, the whole area is a mess because of our lack of snow removal equipment. If we have a big snow, photos of the AR/MO line usually go viral because the MO side is clear and the AR side looks untouched by plows.

I have my fingers crossed for you that this Thanksgiving is better than last year! I felt so bad that you were sick last time!!

Hooray for kids old enough to go back to the hotel while the adults go out and about! The thought of having a small child again is just…no.

Jealous of your flea market finds!! I tried on that LC “Once Upon a Time” sweater at Kohls but didn’t buy it, since I’m weird about going somewhere and only buying one thing. The lines at our Kohl’s are always ridiculously long.

----------------------------------------

And now we shall never speak of my terribleness ever again, because I am horrified that it took me so long to get in on this!
Nope, never mentioning it again :snooty: I will say I understand the lack of snow removal equipment. My parents lived in Ga. for years (my sister is down there now) and when they first moved down, they got what we call "a dusting" of snow one morning. It was like a very fine covering of snow over the grass but you could still see the grass through the snow CLEARLY. Well, not only did schools close down but the hospital my dad worked at had something like only essential personnel come in, and my parents were floored :rotfl2: All their new southern friends were terrified to drive. Eventually they came to understand that in addition to people not being used to driving in the slightest bit of snow, more importantly there were like, no plows down there at all. Not that we northerners use plows for a DUSTING of snow, but we're cool like that.

I hope you find out some news about your sons tryouts soon! It would be killing me not knowing what the plan was this close to the trip.

Youre so close! :banana: I hope that everything goes just how you want it and that you have a good Thanksgiving re-do.

I love the shirts you got, they are so cute. Ooh, I'd love to see your Disney pictures while you're gone, I'll FB you!
Got your request and you are accepted! We have just a tad bit of news but nothing that helps me with my plans yet lol. I'll be posting momentarily :goodvibes

Good luck! I hope Ricky made the team. At least you'll know tomorrow!

Ugh it annoys me so much when things I ordered online don't show up on time. Or Magicbands...mine shipped out a week ago, and they are not due here till Friday.

I sent you a friend request!
Yay for your MB's coming soon! Your trip will be right around the corner when we get back :) Unfortunately I have to wait one more day to find out if Ricky made the team.....ugh! I can't even pack correctly till I know!
Request noted and accepted :thumbsup2

Hang in there :hug:
Thank you so much :flower3: It's been a rough week.

Ugh, so sorry on the wait. We are all anxiously waiting with you! You know I will be following along on FB for your trip!
Ha, thanks! I know you will, I'm going to try posting more than I normally do!

And It Continues........

Writing this real quick while I watch the season finale of American Horror Story. Today was a LONG day, was at the school for a few hours sorting the fall fundraiser after it was delivered, then back tonight from 6-8 for parents to pick up their orders. Of course I'm still left with about 40 orders that I now have to make calls about tomorrow :rolleyes:
And while I was there I was anxiously awaiting a text from Ricky which never came! At first he was told Tues. would be the 2nd and final tryout with the teams being announced today. However after the tryouts yesterday, they changed it and made cuts today with a final practice tonight, 7:30-9:30. The sheet with those who made the cut was going up after 6th period and I told him to text me and I was going nuts not hearing anything!
Bottom line he made the first cut :thumbsup2 But lots of kids that are REALLY good and that played modified basketball in Jr. High didn't make it, while a few that.......um, well basketball just isn't their "thing", did make the cut.

Final roster will be up tomorrow after 6th period and honestly, I think it's a tough call. Either way this'll give me less than 48 hours to finalize our plans, finalize and finish my packing, possibly console a miserable child or discuss with Steve what he needs to do while I'm gone and he and Ricky are here alone (men need this when left alone with any children as I'm sure you all know) and get the house all set for us to go away.
Oh! My TeePublic shirts came today! But I'm a little too tired to post pics now so will do tomorrow. Good night all :wave2:

You Southies are all NUTS! I would've loved to see you guys in Disney this past January when Steve and I were bundled up in our NorthFace jackets-you all would have been begging for 50's and 60's!
I guess if I ever decided to do a Dis meet at my house my only choices would be June-August or else I'd have to buy you all down comforters to walk around wrapped up in :rotfl2:

This had me cracking up! I might consider braving the weather up north during the colder season if it came with the promise of a new down comforter to hide in. :rotfl:

Ah, you posted at the same time as me! Congrats to Ricky for making the first cut, but ugh for your suspense continuing!

Ahhhh...I was expecting the news on the tryouts...guess I have to wait longer! Hoping for the best for him.

I am trying not to read too much about JBJB right now because if we do get a chance to see it I want to be surprised. We aren't doing the party though, just keeping it as an evening option and hoping we can make it out one night.
Missed this one! Yup, you and me have to wait one more day, and for me it's going to be a loooong one! I don't blame you for not reading about JBJB. I did refrain from watching any videos of the show so I've only read peoples; descriptions and feelings. I wouldn't have done the party if we weren't going on Thanksgiving, but I'm feeling like it'll be crowded that night so the party will most likely work out better as far as viewing.

This had me cracking up! I might consider braving the weather up north during the colder season if it came with the promise of a new down comforter to hide in. :rotfl:
If you ever make it to NY, I promise to buy you a down comforter if the weather dips below 70 during your visit!

Ah, you posted at the same time as me! Congrats to Ricky for making the first cut, but ugh for your suspense continuing!
Thank you and ugh, I know :faint:

I just watched the finale too!

And ugh they should let you know now. Don't they know there's Disney planning to be done? :laughing:

Ugh...more waiting! More sorries for you! In other news, I've considered going back and watching all the AHS seasons, as I meant to watch and never did. Worth the time?

And It Continues........

Writing this real quick while I watch the season finale of American Horror Story. Today was a LONG day, was at the school for a few hours sorting the fall fundraiser after it was delivered, then back tonight from 6-8 for parents to pick up their orders. Of course I'm still left with about 40 orders that I now have to make calls about tomorrow :rolleyes:
And while I was there I was anxiously awaiting a text from Ricky which never came! At first he was told Tues. would be the 2nd and final tryout with the teams being announced today. However after the tryouts yesterday, they changed it and made cuts today with a final practice tonight, 7:30-9:30. The sheet with those who made the cut was going up after 6th period and I told him to text me and I was going nuts not hearing anything!
Bottom line he made the first cut :thumbsup2 But lots of kids that are REALLY good and that played modified basketball in Jr. High didn't make it, while a few that.......um, well basketball just isn't their "thing", did make the cut.

Final roster will be up tomorrow after 6th period and honestly, I think it's a tough call. Either way this'll give me less than 48 hours to finalize our plans, finalize and finish my packing, possibly console a miserable child or discuss with Steve what he needs to do while I'm gone and he and Ricky are here alone (men need this when left alone with any children as I'm sure you all know) and get the house all set for us to go away.
Oh! My TeePublic shirts came today! But I'm a little too tired to post pics now so will do tomorrow. Good night all :wave2:

Congrats on Ricky making the first cut but I'm sorry they are dragging this out. I watched AHS last night :scared1: Can't wait to see your new shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter