If anyone needs me...

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
I’ll be living in the Arctic somewhere.

I went to look at a new house tonight so I had my shower and let my hair dry as I always do. Before I got ready I let the dog out. While I was waiting for him to come back in I saw something that looked like a leaf floating down but didn’t think about it. I didn’t have my glasses on so all I saw was a blurry shape.

Dog came in and I went to the bathroom to get dressed and straighten my hair. I’d done a few top layers and picked up a chunk of hair from a few layers in (my hairs super thick) and A MOTH FLEW OUT OF MY HAIR!!!!!!!!

It wasn’t a little moth either, it was huge, and black, and thick, and DISGUSTING.

I yelled and ran out of the bathroom. I can’t even remember if I was dressed or not LOL

I also may have thrown my straightener as I was leaving the bathroom.

The moth ended up on the screen of an open window so I was able to close the window to keep getting ready.

I texted my husband and told him if he wanted me to ever come home to have the moth killed when I got home. He found it and killed it but I still have the heebie jeebies.

This is exactly why I hate bugs and outdoors in general LOL

:rotfl2:I texted the same thing to my DH a few days ago! We just moved to the South and there are far more bugs than I am used to. I was going to take the kids swimming and my suit had been draped over the tub to dry from the day before. As I was about to put the tankini top on, I thought I saw a loose thread, but couldn't find it. I pulled it over my head and again saw a flash of a loose thread/ piece of fuzz. I'm looking all over as I'm adjusting it into place and finally see it hanging from the bottom of the front of my top. As I go to pull it off, I notice this disgusting black spider hanging from the end of it! I grab my phone and start using it to swat at the thing and after missing and hitting my screen against the counter twice, I finally realize that's a bad idea. I ended up grabbing a bottle of mouthwash and swinging at the dang spider while hunched over trying to keep it from landing on my black bathing suit where I'd never see him or on my legs- eew! I had to actually break out the vacuum to clean him up after I ground him so deeply into the carpet with the mouthwash bottle that simple toilet paper just couldn't get all the dismembered disgustingness. I love it down here, but I don't know if I can handle all these bugs.

i will take moths over june bugs ANYTIME. moths are just flying dust particles (hit one with a fly swatter and it explodes into dust)-june bugs are big, ugly, clumsy bugs that crash into everything-including people. they've got pincherie things that get them stuck to whatever they crash into, again-including people :crazy2: :crazy2:

I was in a restaurant at lunch one day and my friend looked at me and say very calmly-- 'There is a big spider in your hair' :scared1: I screamed, shook my hair, and this big spider- had to be more than an inch wide with his legs-- fell out of my hair!!! My friend said it had fallen from the top of the booth we were in.

i will take moths over june bugs ANYTIME. moths are just flying dust particles (hit one with a fly swatter and it explodes into dust)-june bugs are big, ugly, clumsy bugs that crash into everything-including people. they've got pincherie things that get them stuck to whatever they crash into, again-including people :crazy2: :crazy2:

And they’re so dumb, they don’t even come out til July. :rotfl:

But seriously, we don’t go for a walk at dusk in early to mid July because they’re so crazy. They constantly ping off our heads. Yikes!

And they’re so dumb, they don’t even come out til July. :rotfl:

But seriously, we don’t go for a walk at dusk in early to mid July because they’re so crazy. They constantly ping off our heads. Yikes!

Ha! I get 'em in May. Though this year hasn't been bad. June bugs are just about the only bug I can tolerate. Moth's are fine too. But I'm pretty much done with spiders and roaches and fire ants and wasps and stink bugs and and and etc ....... I love Texas but come on! These bugs are killing me!

Ha! I get 'em in May. Though this year hasn't been bad. June bugs are just about the only bug I can tolerate. Moth's are fine too. But I'm pretty much done with spiders and roaches and fire ants and wasps and stink bugs and and and etc ....... I love Texas but come on! These bugs are killing me!
They must come out in June somewhere between Texas and Toronto. :)

Best not move to FL. since we have "Year Around Bugs" not just "June bugs." :teeth:

Don’t worry you will be freezing pretty soon in Canada.
Yep, the underrated beauty of living in a frozen wasteland is that it’s pretty well bug-free 8 months of the year. :thumbsup2 The little jerks do come at us with a vengeance during the other 4 though (see the thread about the Canadian murders-and-manhunt for further details).

DH and I came back to our car after dinner last weekend and I got in the passenger seat. We drove a little way down the road, he glanced over at me to say something and said "do NOT move". :scared: So I'm thinking I have a wasp or something on me as he stops the car in the middle of the (country) road. He calmly says "grab a napkin", I hand it to him (while trying not to move :rotfl: )and he squishes a spider that is as BIG AS HIS HAND on the headrest right behind my head. OMG OMG OMG :scared::scared::scared:

DH kept saying he had never seen a spider that big and we were both wondering where it came from!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter