***Illuminations Cruises-what they are and how to book one-Find one to share***

I know it's a little early, but DH and I will be at WDW from Sept 26-Oct 1 and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in sharing a cruise? We are leaving for home on Oct 1 so we could not do it that night, and we are traveling w/o our kids this time so we would prefer no kids on the cruise we do. If anyone is interested please PM me so that we can work on dates that would be good. :dance3:

We are interested in sharing a cruise with others too! We will be there in August, 2009. I will be with my niece; she is an adult.
We are open any night.
Looking forward to going back to the parks!:cheer2:

Let me know if anyone is interested.
Caron

:upsidedow

There used to be threads for cruise shares each month. I can't find them anymore. Does anyone know where they went? I tried searching and couldn't find a thing.

It's on the Theme Parks Attractions board in the Theme Parks Community sub-board, it's a sticky. :thumbsup2

Hello and thank you for your info...
Do you need theme park admission tickets to Epcot to be able to "do" the cruise? I plan on trying to get a resie for our trip in Sept. If I do, I would probably post the extra seats (there are only 2 of us) for others to enjoy. Which boat do you recommend more? The ChrisCraft sounds fun, but if you're parked for part of the time is it worth it? What is the etiquette after posting? Do you just "hook up" at the dock? (Sounds like a bad blind date, doesn't it?) What is a fair amount to ask for a share? I know, I know, lots of questions.............
Thank you all for reading and hopefully responding to this post!

You do not need admission to Epcot to do the cruise. The boats depart from the marina at a hotel outside the park gates (usually the Yacht Club) and will enter the park boundary through a channel and park under a bridge. It is not possible for you to disembark the boat inside the park, so they do not require admission. The boat will return your party to the marina after the show.

There are only a couple of boat types available for this cruise. They are all driven by a Disney captain, the cost of which is included in the cruise cost. Most of the time you will be on a pontoon boat which will seat up to ten people. You can also reserve the Breathless for this, which is the ChrisCraft boat, and seats up to six. If you are using the Breathless and have all six people participating, then the per-person cost is a little over $49 not including gratuity (total boat cost comes to a little under $300 with tax). The pontoon boats, since they will hold more people, come out to $29-34 per person including tax but not including gratuity, assuming all ten seats are used.

When I book one with extra space, I generally divide the cost including standard gratuity by ten, and ask those joining us to contribute that amount per person. For example, I have a wishes cruise to share on April 25, total cost including standard gratuity is $400, so I put it out at $40 a head.

Generally, I 'talk' to our fellow cruisers in the weeks leading up to the trip via e-mail, and we meet at the dock on the night of the cruise. When you book your reservation, Disney will give you the appropriate marina telephone number and ask that you call at 14 days out to confirm pickup date and time, and after I make that call I send an e-mail to fellow cruisers to give them the confirmed information and my last name so the marina personnel can help them find the right boat if they have trouble locating us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the very fast and informative answer to my questions! I will keep my fingers crossed that I get a boat or am able to join a fellow dis board member on theirs! tlcrnicu

We have been going to Disney for 20 years and this is the first I have heard of this being available. Wow!! I just joined and already I have great info to run with. Thanks.

:):)We'll be visiting Disney 10/17 - 10/25. Thought it might be nice to surprise my husband with an illuminations cruise. Anyone cruisng any of those nights that we might share? We'd be willing to split cost. We're in our 50's and will be celebrating our 6th anniversary on 10/19/09.

Hi. I am part of an Illuminations cruise share for October 6. We have one single seat left for any solo that is interested. The cost will be split among the participants. The boat holds 10 and costs $319.50 + tip.

If you would like to join us, send a PM to Disneyg1rl and let her know.

I took a one day cruise just far enough to be in international waters so folks could gamble. I hated it so as for me I don't think I would like to cruise. I am going to WDW for the second time this yr. in Oct. How much do these cruises run? I am guessing cheaper than staying for 8 days in the world. But I really don't know. Anyone gotta guess.:cool1:

I took a one day cruise just far enough to be in international waters so folks could gamble. I hated it so as for me I don't think I would like to cruise. I am going to WDW for the second time this yr. in Oct. How much do these cruises run? I am guessing cheaper than staying for 8 days in the world. But I really don't know. Anyone gotta guess.:cool1:

For the regular pontoon type boats the cost is around $300. The pontoons hold 10 people which makes the per person cost $30 plus tip. The cruise is just a few hours long and is either a Wishes or an Illuminations cruise.

gina

2 adults would like to share cruises for either Wishes or Illuminations Nov 5-9, 2009.

thanks!

What is the main difference with the Wishes or Illuminations cruises? Other than which show you are seeing.. lol..
I heard that the Wishes cruises pipe in the music from the show, is that true, and does Illuminations do the same?
Is there a difference in the boats used? If so, which is more romantic?
Can you bring your own picnic basket/wine?
Anything else I should know? princess:

OK, so I booked a cruise for the 15th of Nov. :woohoo: So now looking for anyone else that would like to join us... still have room for 3 people :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter