I'm Not Rich, Just Curious..."Named" Suites Question

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
I've often come across reviews and write-ups of Disney's ultra-expensive "named" suites. I'm talking about rooms like the Admiral Suite at the Yacht Club; and the dreamy sounding King Kamehameha Suite at the Polynesian. It made me curious...can you only book these rooms and see rates by calling Disney Reservations? I've never seen them listed online on Disney's reservation booking website. In fact, I don't think that the Disney's website makes any mention of these rooms. I even tried searching "King Kamehameha Suite" on the Disney website and...nothing.

Does Disney keep these rooms and their rates "hidden" for a reason? Like I said in my post title...I'm not rich and in the market for these suites...just curious. I'm really just wondering how rich I'd have to get to stay in one of them. It would be sort of fun to see them listed alongside all of the regular rooms!

Cool...thanks for the links! I guess now that my inability to afford them is official...I'd still wonder why Disney doesn't market these rooms more and show them on their websites. Why the "hidden" aspect? Do they not want the average Joe to "feel bad" that they can't afford them? I bet there are a good number of people who can afford these rooms and don't even know they exist because they don't even show up on Disney's website.

Yes, you have to call to book most of these high end/special suites. I'm not sure why they aren't listed, but it's probably because there are so few and Disney just doesn't need to market them, they sometimes use them for VIP situations, etc. Some of the more abundant 'standard' 1 and 2BR suites at some resorts are listed on the website, but none of the named ones are.

Some of those Poly rates in the links above seem off. Per the 2017 rate sheet (which you can pick up at the front desk), the rack rate for the King Kamehameha Suite ranges from a low of $2,485 to a high of $3,802 depending on the time of year. Tonight's rack rate is $2,596.

:-)

I'd imagine they aren't online because they're so limited in nature. We've stayed in a few of them, and the rates are insane...but we occasionally like to splurge. The biggest problem with them is occupancy. THe presidential suite at AKL only has 3 real beds and it only sleeps 6 (8 on the sleeper sofa). But in a room that price, no one should have to be on a sofa bed.

Last edited:
I once went here to poke around and see how the 1% folk do Disney.
http://www.wdwluxuryguide.com/

This page had costs, but it didn't list all the luxury suites and its a few years old so I am guess they cost more today.
http://www.****************.com/fea...xpensive-walt-disney-world-hotel-rooms?page=1

I like looking at the pictures of the suites. They are very impressive. I like to think that if I won the lottery one day I go for one of these luxury suites...but I think deep down I am too practical to actually ever spend that kind of money on a hotel room, no matter how much money I had. That money could do a lot of good for a lot of people (2,500 a night for 2 weeks is 35,000 dollars) rather than just making me feel super swanky for 2 weeks.

Personally I am the most impressed by the specialty suites at Disneyland hotel. If I recall correctly some of them run around 3-4k per night. yowza.

I once went here to poke around and see how the 1% folk do Disney.
http://www.wdwluxuryguide.com/

This page had costs, but it didn't list all the luxury suites and its a few years old so I am guess they cost more today.
http://www.****************.com/fea...xpensive-walt-disney-world-hotel-rooms?page=1

I like looking at the pictures of the suites. They are very impressive. I like to think that if I won the lottery one day I go for one of these luxury suites...but I think deep down I am too practical to actually ever spend that kind of money on a hotel room, no matter how much money I had. That money could do a lot of good for a lot of people (2,500 a night for 2 weeks is 35,000 dollars) rather than just making me feel super swanky for 2 weeks.

Personally I am the most impressed by the specialty suites at Disneyland hotel. If I recall correctly some of them run around 3-4k per night. yowza.

We aren't 1% folk, and we love splurging on the suites. Nothing wrong with that - and we donate to charity too.

I'd love one of the specialty suites at DL. We are planning to head there next year.

I had no idea rooms like that existed. they sound awesome, although way too expensive. Sounds like something great to do for a wedding at Disney

I've often come across reviews and write-ups of Disney's ultra-expensive "named" suites. I'm talking about rooms like the Admiral Suite at the Yacht Club; and the dreamy sounding King Kamehameha Suite at the Polynesian. It made me curious...can you only book these rooms and see rates by calling Disney Reservations? I've never seen them listed online on Disney's reservation booking website. In fact, I don't think that the Disney's website makes any mention of these rooms. I even tried searching "King Kamehameha Suite" on the Disney website and...nothing.

Does Disney keep these rooms and their rates "hidden" for a reason? Like I said in my post title...I'm not rich and in the market for these suites...just curious. I'm really just wondering how rich I'd have to get to stay in one of them. It would be sort of fun to see them listed alongside all of the regular rooms!

I've kind of always wondered too why these suites have never been mentioned on the official Disney website?

I have been told by CMs on the TA line that when these suites were available online, they were constantly placed on hold "just for fun" by people who had no intention of actually keeping the reservation and staying there. Therefore, that skewed the availability, and that is why you have to call to book them.

It is incredibly frustrating when I get a CM who claims these suites don't exist, though. I had to call three times to get a CM who admitted that the Tonga suites at Poly (Ambassador, Princess, King Kamehameha, etc.) actually existed.

I have been told by CMs on the TA line that when these suites were available online, they were constantly placed on hold "just for fun" by people who had no intention of actually keeping the reservation and staying there. Therefore, that skewed the availability, and that is why you have to call to book them.

It is incredibly frustrating when I get a CM who claims these suites don't exist, though. I had to call three times to get a CM who admitted that the Tonga suites at Poly (Ambassador, Princess, King Kamehameha, etc.) actually existed.

That makes sense. I can see people doing that. I do wish they had a comprehensive of all the available rooms somewhere on their website, though....everything that isn't bookable online.

In my dreams I'll be staying at:

The Assante Suite-AK

The Admiral suite- YC

The Walter Disney Suite/Roy O Disney Suite/Grand Suite all equally- GF

The steeplechase suite- BW

The Nantucket Suite-BC

The Yellowstone Suite- WL

At Disneyland Ill be staying at:

The adventurer suite 1st

The Pirates suite 2nd

The Fairy Tale Suite 3rd

And then I woke up....:thumbsup2

I have been told by CMs on the TA line that when these suites were available online, they were constantly placed on hold "just for fun" by people who had no intention of actually keeping the reservation and staying there.

So, thats like ringing the door bell at club 33 even when you dont have a reservation...happens all the time

Makes perfect sense.

That makes sense. I can see people doing that. I do wish they had a comprehensive of all the available rooms somewhere on their website, though....everything that isn't bookable online.
That does make sense. I remember looking at the King Kam suite online once when I was booking the Poly. Didn't realize they'd taken them down but I can definitely see how that could be an issue.

This isn't helpful to the average person, but they do have that on the TA site. If you work with a TA, you could ask him or her what suites are out there, since I know you wrote that your family likes to splurge on suites sometimes.

This isn't helpful to the average person, but they do have that on the TA site. If you work with a TA, you could ask him or her what suites are out there, since I know you wrote that your family likes to splurge on suites sometimes.

Very good to know, thank you! We've stayed in two of the suites listed here and have mixed reviews on them. But they're definitely fun every once in a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter