In Search of my Body...Not The One I ate...#3 "Crowning Goddesses As We Go"

So I was just getting ready to head to bed and I heard this smash and glass shatter! I went running down stairs and there laid my beautiful tree on the floor and glass smashed from one end to the other! All my ornaments were smashed. Beautiful hand blown glass bulbs from the North pole. Disney bulbs from previous trips. Stephen's Dolphins ornaments. I get busy picking up the tree and all the broken glass. I take out the tree skirt and start wiping up the water and CRASH! On my head the tree fell again! Now what ornaments didn't break the first time have now broke! I have a hockey player and ice skater with one hand. I have a Mom to BEE without a wing!
I have water all over the floor! Glass all over the floor! Tree needles all over the floor! :eek: :scared1: :scared1:
I am going to bed and you bet on December 26 after Samantha's surgery the tree will be out the door! NOT HAPPY!:headache: :mad:

Good Morning.. Guess what I am headed shopping... Yes I haven't finished shopping! I need to get for my mother and MIL and two nieces and two nephews! Then I have to work! YUCK!

Ok so I figured since Nancy didn't know what I was talking about last night, I thought I would refresh about Sam's surgery. Sam is having knee surgery on Dec.26 at 1100 am. Arthroscopic knee surgery. They will be going in and extracting the medial plica. ( haven't a clue what that is) She will be on crutches for a bit (god help me) and then she should be fine! No more knee clicking no more pain no more locking or collapsing knee! And hopefully she can get back on the ice!

Ok off to shower and get the boys breakfast. I should wake the girls, too! I don't think Stephen will let anyone stay again on a night he works! Poor guy went to bed at 10 and the girls were pretty loud till Midnight, when I said Enough and sent them to bed. They were actually on the phone with who knows when I said off the phone and BED!
Have a great day Everyone! and Merry Christmas to all of you!:santa: :santa: :santa:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KAT......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

Hope the big day is a good one....:flower3:

Hi All,

Steph - sorry to hear that the tree fell.... those big ones need to be tied off to something... learned that lesson myself about ten years ago when my 9' tall tree fell over shattering the handblown glass ornament of the holy family that I brought back from Venice, Italy... can't replace that type of thing... just think of the new memories you will make as you start shopping for some new ornaments...

Not sure how much posting I will get done between now and Christmas, but I want to wish all of you a blessed and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...

Enjoy this time with your families and friends (no matter how crazy they can be). That is what the season is truly about...

Love you all,
Paula

Steph! I'm so sorry. I know how much ornaments mean. :hug:

Today I am trying to do a marathon baking session. I'm sure things will get tossed of my list as I go. Oh and the buckeyes I made and froze last week, next to gone. Hubs has been eating them right out of the freezer. Guess they were good.

And go to the office for an hour(?).

Tonight we go to paternal inlaw grandparents. (The one that was in the hospital last week, he's out.)

I should be on and off.

Kat - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Steph - My bff lost all her ornaments one year by the tree falling. It was NYE 1999 -big year, right? And her tiny niece was toddling under the tree when it came down. Thank God the baby's dad saw it happen and snatched her out of the way, or it would have all come down on her, glass and all. And there was the huge Waterford millennium ornament on the front - that my BFF hated and that her MIL gave her. She claims it brought the tree down. It weighed like 2 lbs. And guess what? NOT BROKEN. Everything else gone, this survived! :rotfl:

Lyz - More WDW pics, please! Molli looks just like you!

Ok, off to weigh in and the gym. Yoga class. Will check in and then I'll be gone for the day at least. Love to all!!!! :love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KAT......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

(cha-cha-cha) ;) :cake:

those big ones need to be tied off to something... learned that lesson myself about ten years ago when my 9' tall tree fell over shattering the handblown glass ornament of the holy family that I brought back from Venice, Italy... can't replace that type of thing... just think of the new memories you will make as you start shopping for some new ornaments...

ugh. That really stinks. Steph - the pictures of the tree that "used to be" were beautiful! You're right - that baby IS wide. Like a Christmas Shrub! :goodvibes So, so sorry it fell and the ornaments were broken.:hug:

Steph! I'm so sorry. I know how much ornaments mean. :hug:

Me too...I buy an ornament almost every time we go on vacation somewhere...so pulling them out of the box is always a fun reminder of where we went, who we were with, etc. :sad2:

Today I am trying to do a marathon baking session. I'm sure things will get tossed of my list as I go. Oh and the buckeyes I made and froze last week, next to gone. Hubs has been eating them right out of the freezer. Guess they were good.

Well, at least you MADE your buck eyes, I bought the stuff but never even made them :confused3 Maybe for New Years?

Tonight we go to paternal inlaw grandparents. (The one that was in the hospital last week, he's out.)

Enjoy your time with them...I don't think I need to remind anyone just how precious that can be.....:hug:

And there was the huge Waterford millennium ornament on the front - that my BFF hated and that her MIL gave her. She claims it brought the tree down. It weighed like 2 lbs. And guess what? NOT BROKEN. Everything else gone, this survived! :rotfl:

Murphy's Law at it's finest! :goodvibes

Lyz - More WDW pics, please! Molli looks just like you!

Yeah. More please (and thanks for the info on pic sizing..)

Good luck with your weigh in Liz!

My "to-do" list is so friggin' overwhelming today. But I did go to the gym...so I can check that off my list :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone....

Happy birthday Kat!!
Merry Christmas eve to all!!

Steph so sorry about the tree!

K...time for a couple more photos.

First, my disclaimer! :laughing: My husband has to be one of the worst "people" photographers ever! :confused3 give him a statue. Or a tree. and he's fine. A person? He never gets it "right"...so most of my pictures are uber dorkey!

This one is for you Dawn....me. After a "bit" of tequilla....:rolleyes1

You look awesome...so pretty...and in such great shape..yoou need to write the "WINE DIET" book and become a multi billionaire!
IMG_1829.jpg

and some ruins pictures....these particular ones have not been restored, and from the picture, look like a heap of rocks! :laughing: They are *much* higher than they look. And for someone like me, who has a HUGE fear of heights...:eek: I got up there and had to sit for a bit before I could talk myself "down" :rolleyes1
Where were these at?

OK - told my JC consultant about my biking epiphany and she is on board and excited (of course this was right after she told me that I gained 2.6 pounds this week... darn holiday parties and cookies...) OK - so focusing on this week and drinking lots of water, watching portion sizes and making good food choices... also heading to the gym on Saturday for my first day with the bike...
Paula - great job...and I am really proud you are talking about your plan out loud to help get everone on board and supportive of you...
Hope everyone is doing well and remembering to stop and enjoy the moments / memories of the holidays and not just stressing over gift giving, cooking and such. If you don't have it by now, you don't need it right...
Great advice....
Paula

So Yesterday I STILL DIDN'T have a tree! :eek: The place that I usually get it I go to and they have 1 yes thats right ONE tree left! And they are closed! SO I checked their hours and they open at 730 . So I got up and called and said I would be done in a bit hold the tree for me! Now mind you I looked at it on SUNDAY we had about 8 " of SNOW. Really didn't "look" at the tree just knew I HAD to have a TREE! I went down and paid for the tree and asked them to deliver it to the house. Well as of NOON it still wasn't here and Stephen stopped and picked it up. I left for work and still hadn't seen the TREE. I just got home and the TREE is in the house and in the stand. OMG it is HUGE. Not as in tall probably 7 feet, BUT W I D E . I think it's as WIDE as my couch. S E R I O U S L Y !:scared1: I will have to move my whole living room around or get rid of the piano and put it in the foyer! I will snap pics in the morning and show you this wide a$$ tree!
As for now I am going to finish the last 6 pages in New moon and My brother bought me Eclipse and I should have that tomorrow!:woohoo: :woohoo: Then I am going to bed I am exhausted.
Steph...we did not put out our trees until last night...so don't feel bad...we have 2 fake trees up and it is depressing...we usually are the ones who cut down 2 real trees and still have 2 fake ones up...but this year with all the time we were gone to Florida I decided to forgo the real ones...I mean what if they combusted while we were gone? What if our house sitter forgot to water them...?

So Treyner finally drug them out of the garage...in the rafters..since they had been at Chad's home since we got home...I need to get into the groove of timing with Chad and I splitting custody...it is harder than I thought in many aspects...ugh...

AND YES ERIKA WHERE IS LYZ!?????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

NANCY IS POSTING PICTURES!!! My world is spinning off it's axis! Yaay.

I am in the hizzle. Dizzle.
SOOOO VERY GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!

At this point they just use a turkey baster. Cause their is NO WAY she's holding his package for any meaningful amount of time.
Lyz - whoever is the TAG FAIRY needs to put this in yours... I laughed me tukkus off...really...

I am way thru New Moon and I totally don't get the swooning over Edward. He's ok, but not swoonworthy. Did the movie do that for you or the whole series?

Need to get New Moon...need to get that book...

My alias would be Corky Charleston.[/B][/COLOR]
Okay...that sounds like a stripper name with mental health issues....:lmao:
Disneyworlddelight... Yes when DH and I first met I was very athletic, i actually worked at curves, and besides maybe having my stomach a little more flat, i was very happy with the way I looked. We met at the rescue squad and not long after we met I had to stop working b/c of school, and grabbing something on the go at 1am left very few options, so you can imagine how I ate. DH is more active then I, and he is average size. He's 6'3" about 220. He does have a small belly, but nothing that say OMG!
He doesn't really care what I look like. Honestly he's happiest when I have on sweatpants and a t-shirt, but he knows I'm uncomfortable in my body so he encourages me constantly, eats the "diet foods" and goes with me walking or bike riding, and even convinces me when I'm not so willing. Sorry so long, but there's a history to how I got where I am.
I understand your predicament...and the joy of a man who loves you in spite of yourself...in our good moments and bad...we are loved...and that is the best present of all...
So I was just getting ready to head to bed and I heard this smash and glass shatter! I went running down stairs and there laid my beautiful tree on the floor and glass smashed from one end to the other! All my ornaments were smashed. Beautiful hand blown glass bulbs from the North pole. Disney bulbs from previous trips. Stephen's Dolphins ornaments. I get busy picking up the tree and all the broken glass. I take out the tree skirt and start wiping up the water and CRASH! On my head the tree fell again! Now what ornaments didn't break the first time have now broke! I have a hockey player and ice skater with one hand. I have a Mom to BEE without a wing!
I have water all over the floor! Glass all over the floor! Tree needles all over the floor! :eek: :scared1: :scared1:
I am going to bed and you bet on December 26 after Samantha's surgery the tree will be out the door! NOT HAPPY!:headache: :mad:

Steph..I am sooooo sorry...I know what this is like...and I am sooo sad about the amount of ornaments you lost that meant memories to you...

We had a huge tree like that several years ago that fell...we ended up tying fishing line to the ceiling and inserted and eye hook...I wanted to punt that tree outside after it was over...it fell three times in fact before I caught on that it was not user error!

Lyz ans Steph - love the pics and Lyz - your girls will be on the cover of Vogue someday...they are that cute...

I am sorry I was not on yesterday....had sparse moments on the cumputer to read but after early morning...not much else...

There was a massive apartment fire in the Twin Cities 2 nights ago...and we got a call from Dan's brother yesterday about 9 am that Dan's nephew was living there. We knew he was here...new the town he lived in...just had never visited him there because he was living there with a friend temporarily...

Literally over 200 plus people are homeless...everything gone...and poor William was shell shocked...he was evacuated by the fire department as a precausion...left fo rwork...assured his end of the massive building was okay...and got word at work that it was not the case....

We spent yesterday trying to gather clothes etc...to get him what he may need...

A donor since has given $1 million to the residents via the Red Cross...which gives each unit $17,000 plus...(which is an angel if I ever heard of one) but because William wa snot on the lease...he probably will get nothing unless the guy he was co-renting with decides to help him with what he loss...

Big mess...

Then in our town last night...when I was just settling down to type...there was a massive fire as well...right by the high school where Treyner and Carsyn were for a sporting event...

Beautiful townhomes are gone...over 21 people lost there homes...mostly seniors...and they had to get in several towns to save the surrounding homes and the high school...so the kids who get no reception in the HS were not aware of what was going on until it was well consumed...and they had to evacuate as well...and there was really no safe way to leave the high school that was not blocked with rescue vehicles....

Scary mom moments when Baylor started getting calls here from friends who said the high school was on fire...because as huge as the blaze was...it looked like it....

These poor fire fighters are really being brave in 20 below windchill temps and a raging inferno...my heart goes out to them in gratitude...

Small family gathering here...just put ham in...smells yummy already...

Sister here about 1p.m....then my mom will come at about 4p.m. and that will be it with the kids and Dan....then tom...my mom is having us over with both my sisters...and my niece...kids will be in Iowa with Chad's family...I will wait for Santa presents and such till they get back...open us presents tonight...new traditions...new traditions...keep thinking of all the positives...

Happy B-day Kat! I hope you have a great day!

Ok, weighed in. Down 4lbs. Went to the gym, check!

Off to eat, dress, and head to my mom's. Merry Christmas, dolls! See you on the other side of the cookie tray!

Literally over 200 plus people are homeless...everything gone...and poor William was shell shocked...he was evacuated by the fire department as a precausion...left fo rwork...assured his end of the massive building was okay...and got word at work that it was not the case....

We spent yesterday trying to gather clothes etc...to get him what he may need...[/COLOR]

kinda puts things in perspective, doesn't it. :sad1:

and I was just about to complain about the string of lights that blew on my tree, and the fact that due to nasty weather all over this country, one of my boxes of gifts that I ordered has just left Tennessee...not holding out hope that it will be here for tomorrow. ah well. Doesn't really matter much, now does it. :confused3

Liz - you kick butt...and that brings up a question....what is your new goal...now that he pounds are off?

Nancy - It does bring it into perspective...seing all these kids crying who are under 8...asking where Santa will bring their presents to homeless shelters just about did me in...but the true Christmas spirit is showing itself in such huge ways as the donations and time of volunteers trying to get hotel places fo rthem during the holiday season...it really is motivating me o donate some of my time to the Red Cross...they do such amazing work at our local levels that so often gets overlooked....

Ok - need to stop browsing at any level...Merry Christmas again everyone....:lovestruc

Liz, that's awesome!!

Steph, so sorry about the tree. My parents had one that did that, right before their big Christmas party. The party turned into a tree-redecorating party! Since then, my dad installed the eye hook and it gets tied down every year.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!! Y'all crack me up with the competition thing.

I actually wound up coming into work for a bit... not to work, really, just finding a place to hang out that is quiet while the cleaning lady does her stuff. I also finally found someone to buy my old cell phone and it was here, so I would have had to stop by here anyhow.

Tonight is Brazilian steakhouse, tomorrow we get up early and drive to Charlotte (it's about 2.5 hours) for a 2PM Christmas dinner, then Friday I am off to Pittsburgh.

I made sure to have food in the house this year, since the last time we ate at my sister-in-law's for Christmas we wound up at the Chinese place. Her cooking is legendarily awful.

Anyhow, safe travels to anyone traveling, and I hope everyone goes smoothly for those having people at home. Happy Holidays!

K...time for a couple more photos.

First, my disclaimer! :laughing: My husband has to be one of the worst "people" photographers ever! :confused3 give him a statue. Or a tree. and he's fine. A person? He never gets it "right"...so most of my pictures are uber dorkey!

This one is for you Dawn....me. After a "bit" of tequilla....:rolleyes1

IMG_1829.jpg

and some ruins pictures....these particular ones have not been restored, and from the picture, look like a heap of rocks! :laughing: They are *much* higher than they look. And for someone like me, who has a HUGE fear of heights...:eek: I got up there and had to sit for a bit before I could talk myself "down" :rolleyes1

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1784-1.jpg

Yeah...I conquored those rocks! :rotfl2:

Ah Nancy. Loved the pics. Loved seeing you. You're are so fit Nancy! So fit!

NANCY IS POSTING PICTURES!!! My world is spinning off it's axis! Yaay.

I am in the hizzle. Dizzle.

Exhausted. And feeling a might bit of hysteria, coming home and seeing the mail and just the, ugh, reality of life in dreary 16 degree high weather.

I haven't caught up. I have to do that. Tomorrow. We got in around 7 pm. Everything is unpacked and house is in order and clothes are being washed. Whew.

Here is my holiday in a nutshell with highlights. Hmm.. or should I wait for pictures. Naw, I'll tell you about my week then give you a few pics when I upload them.

Wed - Fly down early. Due to storms in the north east, (E, N & S!!) our pilot had to time out and we had to wait for an hour for another. ON the plane. Get the rental, check in, (Nemo room) have lunch at the food court and swim. It was 80 degrees! The water was chilly (quiet pool) but the girls didn't care. We headed to Epcot around 5. Just me and the girls. Hubs was napping and had a little cold so he'd meet us later. We bust out Future World and have dinner at the Garden Grill.

Thurs - MGM (aka DHS-BS) tour, and lunch at H&V. TS Mania, OMG, so SO so much fun. Loved it. Hotel Nap. MGM for lights. Awesome. DDD for dinner and shopping. Earl of Samich. Yum! Shopping. Love Shopping. Mad saw Santa, I mean really, what's better than seeing Santa in Walt Disney World? She totally told him she wanted something I don't have. :scared1:

Fri - MK. OMG. We were knocking the park out and taking names. Lunch at LLT. Ho hum. Laughed and laughed while I got whiplash on the indy cars whilst Mad was driving. Moll did much better with her car. Hotel Nap. Evening at BW. Dinner at Beaches and Cream. My throat starts hurting. Like hurting so bad, I wonder if I don't have strep. It's not the hurting of a cold.

Sat - AK. I am so sick. I could die. Rolling over to get out of bed hurt. Touching my arm hurt. I hurt everwhere. My teeth hurt. We finally get out the door at 10 am I was so slow. I am literally in a fog. A marshmellow has taken residence overtop my head. I can't hear. I can't react. After the Safari I was nausous. I bailed. Headed back to room. You know how you can catch a bus just as you walk up, or after a 10 minute wait. I waited for 30 minutes! and I wanted to lay on the sidewalk and sleep. Words cannot express how bad I felt. And I never get sick. I am not a sickly person. I spent the day in bed. Finally at 7 that evening, my head stopped throbbing and I knew there was hope. At that point the rest of the fam was back from AK and swimming. They had a good time.

Sun - still feeling poorly, but 1000% better than yesterday. Bkfst at hotel, early touring in Epcot World Showcase. Hotel Nap. Evening in MK. Ohh, it was just beautiful. All lit up. Dinner at Plaza. The crowds yesterday, swelled so much in fact they were directing people to leave mainstreet by walking behind the buildings. We did it just for fun. There was a big sign. Evecuation Plan B.

Mon - Pack up. Outlets. MCO. Home. Ta-daa.

Carribean Beach. This poor place. It was great I suppose. It's fallen victim in "my" head to a couple things. 1. The size. O.M.G. 7 bus stops is, well 6 too many. It took a half hour every time you left the resort and everytime you came back. 2. Our bed. It was a full size bed. I was miserable. I was hot. I was cold. I was sick and I couldn't freaking stretch out. Glad I stayed. Got my magnet. Won't go back.

Now I will read what I missed. Well tomorrow. I'm headed to the queen bed with the comforter that doesn't weigh 20lbs.

Hey! Yeah! You're home. Sorry I missed your arrival. Sorry about being sick. Was thinking about you all week.

um... anyone heard from Lisa lately.....

we miss you Lisa....

Thanks. I'm here. I'm fine. Listen, no worries at all. You know what it is - something's up with me and then it takes over. That's how it goes for me. No drama in saying that. It just is the truth of it all. I mean that's how my mental health, or lack of it:lmao: , goes. I'm fine. I'm great. And then something gets unearthed that I don't fully always understand and I struggle until I face it. And then I'm fine. I'm great when I push through feeling emotionally raw. It's just a process that I have to be okay with. And it's getting better and better. Wow, sorry it sounds ugly. But it's not. I'm very thankful to accept it. Although frustrating for me and those in contact with me while I'm just rambling it out ;) it's better than depression and feeling nothing. Much better. Thankful. Well aren't I fa la la la....

Also, I had my family over for dinner and movie theatre. And then yesterday we had Jean's family Christmas. Can't wait for tomorrow. Love Christmas.

Your tree is HUMONGOUS!!! That is hilarious. It's pretty though.

The snow. Totally depressing.

Yeah, that's a big one. :laughing:

Oh I love snow. Love the pics. I do love snow. But most Canadians don't. They really don't.

Off to eat, dress, and head to my mom's. Merry Christmas, dolls! See you on the other side of the cookie tray!

Fantastic Liz. Fantastic.

Steph..I am sooooo sorry...I know what this is like...and I am sooo sad about the amount of ornaments you lost that meant memories to you...

Literally over 200 plus people are homeless...everything gone...

Ah so sad Dawn. That's awful.

And Steph. Sorry Steph. I don't know how I do this each time but lost your highlighted section.

KAT!

And a one, and a two and a one, two three.....

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear Kat,

And oh so Happy Birthday to you!

Have a wonderful, wonderful day. :lovestruc

Amy!!!!

Delena is here. And she's smiling brightly on my fridge. Surrounded by kids, kids, kids. All my, and our, nieces and nephews and my friend's kids. A family member was pointing her out yesterday at our dinner.

I bullied;) and begged for a Delena Christmas card folks. :rotfl:

Anyway Amy - she makes me smile - broadly. She sure is cute.

:banana: Go Liz!!!

Right now I AM the cookie tray.

Tonight is Brazilian steakhouse, tomorrow we get up early and drive to Charlotte (it's about 2.5 hours) for a 2PM Christmas dinner, then Friday I am off to Pittsburgh.

I made sure to have food in the house this year, since the last time we ate at my sister-in-law's for Christmas we wound up at the Chinese place. Her cooking is legendarily awful.

Can't wait to hear about the steakhouse and the sil's food. Good Times.

And a one, and a two and a one, two three.....

:laughing: This cracked me up!

We got thru Christmas Eve. Tomorrow will be busy, but I can guarantee 2 things. I will check in and I will be watching A Christmas Story late afternoon.

Merry Christmas Friends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter