In Search of my Body...Not The One I ate...#3 "Crowning Goddesses As We Go"

Hey Everybody! I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I didn't gain over the holidays! Woo Hoo! The not so great bad news is that I aggravated a nerve in my lower back yesterday morning as I was going to work. I hope you laugh at this one, because I sure did ~ I was pulling up my jeans when it happened. Oh My! Can't remember if I shared this, but 4 years ago, I was in a wheel chair for almost 2 weeks with back problems. It's not anywhere as bad as then, but it's extremely uncomfortable. At least this time, I can sit and not be in pain. Gotta look at the bright side!

Enough about me, I'm off this weekend, so I gotta catch up with my board reading to see how everybody's holiday went.

Good morning all!

It's an icky day here - gray, foggy, light rain...all our snow is melting away, and everything looks ugly. It's hard to be motivated and inspired on a day like this. :headache:

Long story short...on Christmas Eve her body decided to come out of remission.

Erika - I'm so sorry for Kelly. Putting family needs first is not being self centered, so please don't apologize for that. It's so hard to see your kid sick. (or hurting in any way at all) and the feeling of helplessness that goes along with it - the wish to take the burden for yourself and let them be "whole" again...my prayers are with you all. :hug:

E - I need to address you first because I am so sorry about Kelly. I also want to say that I do not want you to ever appologize for being self absorbed when it comes to your child. You are a beautiful mother and speaking only for myself, you have no other responsibilities to anything right now besides your kids. All three of them and J. I know how hard it was for Treyner and Carsyn when Baylor got burned...and Kelly's illness is much more severe...so please never appologize for putting first things first.

I will be praying for your relief and hers...that God will place an Angel on your shoulder to whisper in your ear and hold you when things overwhelm you. You are the strongest woman I have ever met E - and that means you need strong faith and strong love to get you all through this...which I know God has already given you. Trust in that.

You are exactly right Dawn. :hug:

My New Years Goal...is so simple and yet so profound...and that is taking responsibility about what I can control...giving up what I cannot and accepting I am not perfect. Trusting that no one but me expects me to be.

I so totally relate. There is just that little something inside that seems to have the need to be all things to all people. I've struggled with that my whole life. And it gives me pleasure to say, that slowly I find that I have been able to start shedding that part of me. A lot of this process started last spring/summer sometime. I was stressed and overwhelmed with everything I had going on - and Lyz made a comment to me...kind of a "OMG- how can you DO all that at once...and do you even LIKE what you are doing?". I guess I had never really thought too much of it...I was just doing it. Because it seemed "expected". Little by little I've been able to let small things go- and focus more on what it's really important to me....and you know what? It's been o.k. - actually it's been MORE than o.k. it's been good. And I've been better able to make the most of the things I choose to do...and it feels good.

Nancy - Thank you for the kind words about my mothering...I have floundered so many times...looking in and not out...but I have made great strides in that this year...and I hope it only gets better.

:hug:

Lisa - I only have 2 things for food I really cannot stand...
#1 Things that swim in it's own poop...and #2...fungus...

None of which chocolate falls into!

:rotfl2:

Dawn, I liked your last post. And yours Lisa. And Nancy, yours, except what you said about Apple. :lmao: We are, well Nick is, an Apple geek. Very very into them in the W-D household. In fact, today I am going to the Apple store!

Sorry - my husband is so anti-apple :sad2: (he's a software developer :confused3 doesn't work with the apple/mac systems...)...although yesterday there were 3 iphones in the house....SIL was showing me her AOL radio that she downloaded....do you have that??? TOTALLY AWESOME. You need it. really. it's a "must have" in my book. :lovestruc

I might not be on very much for a few more days, because I have to tend to someone who is hurting emotionally. That's how simple it is, and there might be nothing I can do, but I'm going to try. That's Drama Number One.

:hug: Anyone would be lucky to have a friend as fabulous as you to help them thru a rough spot

So, Drama Number Two is my friend is pregnant, very very early, six weeks. She is 37, thought she would never get pregnant, and is so worried about all this early stuff. Spotting, and it freaks her out.

I hope all goes well for them....I understand the difficulty that many people go thru. My sister, for example. She has been trying for YEARS to get pregnant without success. I, on the other hand, just need to be in the same room as someone who whispers the word "sperm" and BOOM! That's it. I'm pregnant. Just doesn't seem fair. :sad2:

Hey Everybody! I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I didn't gain over the holidays! Woo Hoo! The not so great bad news is that I aggravated a nerve in my lower back yesterday morning as I was going to work. I hope you laugh at this one, because I sure did ~ I was pulling up my jeans when it happened. Oh My! Can't remember if I shared this, but 4 years ago, I was in a wheel chair for almost 2 weeks with back problems. It's not anywhere as bad as then, but it's extremely uncomfortable. At least this time, I can sit and not be in pain. Gotta look at the bright side!

Enough about me, I'm off this weekend, so I gotta catch up with my board reading to see how everybody's holiday went.

Aimee! I'm sorry! Back injuries are the WORST :headache: Get better soon, 'K?

And congrats to on the "no weight gain"...that's awesome! :thumbsup2

Aimee! I'm sorry! Back injuries are the WORST :headache: Get better soon, 'K?

And congrats to on the "no weight gain"...that's awesome! :thumbsup2

I hope it gets better soon. My mom brought some muscle rub and that reminded me that I have a gift certificate for a massage from work. I was able to get an appointment today even.

Aimee - ouch... that sounds painful.... please take care of yourself and congrats on the no gain part.... so wish I could say the same...

Hey. It is midnight and I am finally checking in. Long couple of days and a long night ahead.

We have to "sleep shift" Kel, which means that one of us has to stay awake at all times and basically listen to her while she sleeps. I am on till 3 and then J takes over and I sleep. This was a normal routine for us for a long time, so we are just back into it.

Long story short...on Christmas Eve her body decided to come out of remission. Of course, we are stunned and sad as we really didn't expect it. She has missed literally all of Christmas, though we did manage to salvage it for everyone else. We were able to treat her at home till about 2pm on Christmas Day when we finally had to get her to the hospital.

Short-term she will be fine within the next coupleo of days. We are already home, etc. and while she is still very sick and needs to be watched at all times, we know that she will be back to herself very quickly.

Long-term is a bit trickier. We have a lot of testing ahead, but my guess is that the surgery that she was scheduled to have next summer will end up being moved to a farily close date.

Sorry to not respond to everyone, but I am just self-absorbed at the moment. I am going to read and watch a movie while I sit at her bedside, so I will likely pop in and out.

And DAWN--yeah, we really need Volume 4...like now, m-kay? :goodvibes

Erika - I am praying for you all... no need to worry about anything going on here, but please know that we are here if you need us. Take care of your little angel and your bigger angels... that is what you need to do :hug:

Hi.

Just want you all to know I am reading.

Erika, please just post updates and forget all about our posts, okay? No pressure. And sleep when you can, because I know you need it. xoxo.

Dawn, I liked your last post. And yours Lisa. And Nancy, yours, except what you said about Apple. :lmao: We are, well Nick is, an Apple geek. Very very into them in the W-D household. In fact, today I am going to the Apple store!

Okay, so here's the thing. Christmas was lovely, ate a lot, but back on track and heading to the gym today (walked for an hour, part of it on the phone with Lyz, yesterday).

But. The Three Dramas of Christmas are active. Well, two of them. One is a good thing, one is not. I might not be on very much for a few more days, because I have to tend to someone who is hurting emotionally. That's how simple it is, and there might be nothing I can do, but I'm going to try. That's Drama Number One.

So, Drama Number Two is my friend is pregnant, very very early, six weeks. She is 37, thought she would never get pregnant, and is so worried about all this early stuff. Spotting, and it freaks her out. But her husband who is a bundle of nerves, wants to tell everyone. He claims to feel panic at every moment, but he's HAPPY.

I can't tell you what it's like to watch them. I so want this for them, so so badly. They are our closest friends, the ones we do everything with. We go out every weekend, she and I talk every day, Emily calls them aunt and uncle. They are ready for this change, but she's just afraid to get happy about it. So, it's wonderful and fingers crossed at the same time. If God forbid something happens, her heart will not recover enough to try again. After 7 years of trying, with no luck, this is a miracle. And yes, unplanned and no drugs or anything. She gave up and stopped every treatment about a year ago.

Drama Number Three is funny. I live across the street from my high school friend M's sister. We actually picked this house for that reason, because I have known the sister and her husband since I was 15. Now, after 5 years, we are tight with them and their kids and all. It's very nice. So, I get to see M on holidays because we are across the street from each other! Anyway, M is divorced, lives in NYC, my age. The day after Thanksgiving, everyone comes over here. As usual. I think I wrote about this part before...after Thanksgiving. Jackie's brothers come, too. Her older brother (and these are like my brothers, since I have known them since I was 8) is home from Kentucky. So it's great to see him, etc. Well, we all spend Friday night and Saturday night together and M and Big Brother hit it off!

Now, they have always like each other, but we were in high school and he was in college, or we were in college and he was in med school, and then both of them were married. Now both are divorced, and they have SO much in common. So! They decide he will come home for Christmas, too. AND that M will come to my mom's big party on Christmas Eve. His family always comes. So, wink, wink, they manage to spend Christmas together without having to tell the families they are dating! But of course it was the talk of the night. And now they are in NYC for the weekend...and then he goes home and she goes out there for 5 days!

Honestly, I LOVE them together and hope it works. But it was SUCH a drama that night, as everyone tried to figure out what was going on! So funny.

So there's the good stuff. Now I'm off to the gym and to be present for someone. Sometimes, that's all we can do.

xoxo to all of you.

Liz - sending you hugs because the more I learn about you the more I have come to the conclusion that I am truly lucky to have you in my life (thanks). Your attitude towards life and your relationships is amazing, truly... :hug:

Dawn and Dan - this has been a rough year for you both. Here's hoping that 2009 is a better one...

Nancy - I am off to the gym so I'll let you know how things go when I get back... Right now, I am excited...

See you all on the flip side....
Paula

Hi Everyone!
Erika-hope that you get the needed rest. I hope Kelly is doing ok please keep us updated whether by here or text that we can relay for you!

Liz-Yes we just became an apple/mac family here, too! I love it, it is so easy!
Hope that your friends pregnancy gets better!

Aimee-Great Job on the NO weight gain! I have myself gone back to old eating habits and I will NEED TO TAME THEM AGAIN. I have gained and lost pounds over the last few weeks but this week everything stayed no loss and that was about 6 pounds! Starting Monday I am back tracking and being good No more emotional eating! (missing christmas with Dh's family sent me over the edge on Thursday ate and ate and ate)

Paula ~ Biking?? You go for it! Padded short??:scared1: I envy for having the motivation to do it! I am lacking in that department!

Nancy~ really no apples in your house??? I never thought twice about them until I saw those quirky commercials and learned that they rarely get a virus! With kids on the puter all the time I thought it may be worth it! ANd now I love it! I love my new iPod too, but unfortunately I had to be shown how to run the volume so I wasn't blasting out my ear drums.

Lisa- my heart goes out to you with your dealings with Alzheimer's. My great grandmother had strokes and had good days and bad. Like you said you never know what is coming. One day my great grandmother was sitting quietly staring off onto space while we were all there visiting and my grandmother asked her "Momma what's wrong ? Are you Ok?" and she replied with a straight face I may add " Yes, I was just thinking about what a Sex maniac your father was!" Well, that just sent everyone over the edge in laughter. My mother said "No wonder the bedroom was always locked on sunday mornings" It's these little things that will stand out in your memory verses the bad thing.

Stacey~ so sad to hear about your computer! But you have a Wii! I asked at best buy last week if they had any and the guy laughed! I actually asked " I have a stupid question for you and asked if they had any and his response was Yeah that was a stupid question!:rolleyes1

So Sam's surgery went great it was exactly what the Doctor thought and said everything else in her knee looked great and healthy. So we were at the hospital for about 6 hours from start to finish. My mom met us there and sat with us! Usually only one parent can go and sit but I guess since I worked there we got to traded on and off. She is doing well looks great felling tired but that is expected. She is on pain meds for the discomfort. She is maneuvering herself great with the crutches. She can shower today and take off bandages and just keep the ace bandage on. I think we were all so tired yesterday we all crashed between 6-8 last night! I fell asleep at 730 and slept till 2am and thought great I will be awake for the rest of the night, but it wasn't the case I checked on sam and got her her pain meds and went back to sleep and slept till 730. Ty fell asleep at 6pm and slept till 7am and Sam went to bed at 7 and got up at 8 ( god do I miss doing that) Stephen had to work today and Zachary spent the night with my SIL. ( that was nice) So now we are just sitting around enjoying the quiet! My mom is heading to Boston to see my uncle who just flew in from New Zealand, him and his wife are sailing around the world. It has taken them two years to sail from Seattle to New Zealand. They have placed her son in a boarding school as of this past September, it was hard for them to decide what to do but being 15 and not having any interaction with kids his own age was hard! I wish that I could have gotten to see him but I think this will be a yearly thing for them is to fly home to be with him over the holidays! SO there is always next year!
I should be doing laundry but I still can't kick this cold and I don't feel like it! I think it maybe time to get the antibiotics!
Ok off to shower and get clean sheets on the beds!
Have a great day!

We need a new chapter only 1 page left!!!!!

Hi all. I'm only half here. Only half reading. I've been sucked into the Eclipse abysiss. I have lost all common sense. You'll forgive me. I'll catch up. Promise.

EriKa - I am so very thankful Kel is home.

Steph - thankful Sams surgery went at planned.

Everyone else, I'll have to respond later. When I've finished the book.

OH - and Jodi is pregnant. Yay. And very scary, being only 6 weeks along. Liz - you must feel so much right now.

Massages rock! I can sit down without pain ~ getting up is still a problem. I guess I can't have everything! Well, I now have an excuse to plan our trip, lol.

Hi all. I'm only half here. Only half reading. I've been sucked into the Eclipse abysiss. I have lost all common sense. You'll forgive me. I'll catch up. Promise.

EriKa - I am so very thankful Kel is home.

Steph - thankful Sams surgery went at planned.

Everyone else, I'll have to respond later. When I've finished the book.

OH - and Jodi is pregnant. Yay. And very scary, being only 6 weeks along. Liz - you must feel so much right now.

The series is a great read!

Erika - :hug: I'm sitting here sighing. With my hands on the keyboard. Just sighing and thinking. :hug: to you all.

Lyz - miss you. Must Edward, is that his name?:lmao: , take you away. Or is he even in those next books? Hmmm.

Liz - wow, exciting times with the pregnancy. That's lovely. Really lovely. I hope everything goes well. And blooming love with your friends. :love: Nice. I sat and read your stories and thought I want both. Shutting up now.;) The stories were lovely. And :hug: to the person who needs you. They are lucky to have you. Congrats on staying on track Liz. That's wonderful. One thing I love about exercise that people don't often talk about is how wonderful food tastes on a day that you've worked out. It just has a different taste to me. Nothing about guilt over food/exercise. I simply mean a different taste.

Paula - I've been shaking my head in agreement with you about food this last couple of weeks. Although I don't look too much at food. I've been looking too much at food. :lmao: As in downing a lot. Not eating consciously at all - all of a sudden. It feels so uncomfortable to eat unconsciously because my body feels so "full". Yuck. I'm hoping to get back on track. I feel like I've gained some. So hang in there. I hear ya!

Steph - so glad to hear about the surgery. I laughed so hard at your "sex" story. Too funny. That was too funny. My mother is not too far gone yet. She cooked Christmas dinner. And my father is trying to get her off to Florida as we speak. It's not going easy for him. She hugged me so tight on Christmas. She's not too far gone. Because I looked after Mama - Jean's mom - it's both good and bad. I feel like I know how to be, how to act, how to protect myself, how to be her soft spot. But it is also shows me vividly what's coming. THe good and bad - like everything in life, eh? Like everything. All I want for her is to be her soft spot. I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button yesterday. I thought about my mom a lot during the film. But i'm grateful. She's seventy two. Seventy two. And like I said I'm happy that this has allowed her some verbal freedom that she didn't give herself in her "healthy" state. So I've had her a long time. I'm pretty darn lucky, aren't I? Talking to myself once again. :laughing:

Dawn - :hug: to your post. :hug: to your thoughts. Nancy and I are really on that. On this thread. In tandem. I fight it constantly. I think I have it fought and it creeps back - being hard on myself. But daily, just like Nancy, I'm shown many ways that I've improved and that I've let it go. We all have to be easier on ourselves in some ways. And still on ourselves when we need to change some things. A difficult balance at times. For sure. Sea creatures - so yummy. Even your little poop picture didn't sway me from my love for them. :lmao:

Amiee - geez Amiee - back pain - that must have been hel! to have. And scary to feel it again. :hug: that it disappears.

Nancy - I just love your posts. Just do. :flower3:

Hi to everyone. :lovestruc

Hi Everyone...just a quick check-in. All is well...we're just tired. But things are fine. Kel ate today, so that is a huge milestone and then she had a really good hour where she was alert and moving around a bit. And finally opened her Christmas presents. But it wiped her out.

More later.

Steph - glad to hear that Sam is doing well...

Erika - yeah for Kelly being able to eat and open presents...

OK - back from the gym... 35 minutes, 8.5 miles, made an appointment with one of the trainers for tomorrow... feeling awesome... to quote Erika - Word!!!!

talk to you all later,
Paula

Paula...are you telling me that your pace was 16 mph??? That is AWESOME!

Dawn...time for chapter 4

All--thanks.

Lisa- my heart goes out to you with your dealings with Alzheimer's. My great grandmother had strokes and had good days and bad. Like you said you never know what is coming. One day my great grandmother was sitting quietly staring off onto space while we were all there visiting and my grandmother asked her "Momma what's wrong ? Are you Ok?" and she replied with a straight face I may add " Yes, I was just thinking about what a Sex maniac your father was!" Well, that just sent everyone over the edge in laughter. My mother said "No wonder the bedroom was always locked on sunday mornings" It's these little things that will stand out in your memory verses the bad thing.

OMG. That was funny :lmao:

I told you that Stephen's grandfather had Alzheimers, right? Well, one night we went to my MIL's to "Grandpa sit" so that my in-laws could have a much needed evening out. He went to the bathroom...and was in there a bit longer than we thought he should be....DH went to *check* on him...he was coming out....kinda wet. In weird places. Well...there was pee EVERYWHERE. Grandpa was quite matter of fact...and said "The damn thing got a KINK in it" :rotfl:

We still say that to this day! :laughing:

Glad to hear Sam's surgery went well!!

We need to get you a 12-Step program!

"Hi. My name is Lyz...and I'm a Twilight-aholic" :lmao:

Massages rock! I can sit down without pain ~ getting up is still a problem. I guess I can't have everything! Well, I now have an excuse to plan our trip, lol.

Glad you are feeling better

Nancy - I just love your posts. Just do. :flower3:

:hug: back at yah, sister!

Hi Everyone...just a quick check-in. All is well...we're just tired. But things are fine. Kel ate today, so that is a huge milestone and then she had a really good hour where she was alert and moving around a bit. And finally opened her Christmas presents. But it wiped her out.

:hug: Hang in there, Erika...we're all praying for you guys

OK - back from the gym... 35 minutes, 8.5 miles, made an appointment with one of the trainers for tomorrow... feeling awesome... to quote Erika - Word!!!!

:woohoo: WOO HOO for Paula! You go, biker chick!

It was 43* here today. Woulda been a 1/2 way decent day for an outdoor ride...but instead...we went and dealt with our "returns & exchanges" - which were thankfully few and easy to deal with!

K...catch you all on chapter 4!!!

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on: Roddy(33), Single - I've struggled with my weight since I was a young child. I was the 'fat kid' through school. Finally, over the past three years or so, have gotten a bit of a handle on it.

#2 What are some of your trigger foods? Bread, Pizza, Flour and Corn Tortillas and so forth!

#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence? Not sure about this, I'm not much of a public personality. I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.

#4 Occupation (if legal) I work for a company that produces power cables. I do what is required. I don't have a particular job title but I assist with engineering duties mainly.

#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle? I would like to get married one day, but I realize that in order to make a wise choice in a spouse, I need to learn self-confidence and self-control. Losing weight, I feel, is a great way to learn both.

#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been? If I can reach and maintain my goal weight, I think that will prove to myself that I can do anything.

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on: Roddy(33), Single - I've struggled with my weight since I was a young child. I was the 'fat kid' through school. Finally, over the past three years or so, have gotten a bit of a handle on it.

:wave2: Hi Roddy! Nice to have you here.

We are a pretty chatty group sometimes - and are now working on "chapter 4" of our thread. Please, come meet us over here. Be warned, I'm rather technologically challenged - so if this link doesn't work forgive me. :blush:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040792&goto=newpost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter