In search of my body...not the one I ate!

Lots to say, but will have to do a "full" post later. But can't go without saying...

OMG LIZ!!!!!! You look SO SO amazing! Holy transformation! You look THIN. I mean, honest-to-goodness-normal-size THIN!

WOW! Seriously, I am speechless! I had NO IDEA you had come that far since the previous pic (the B&W one). Ok, I wasn't going to run today, but now am thinking....

I am so proud of you and so so happy for you!

Thank for saying you are proud of me - it means so much! :goodvibes And I love you for the normal sized! :love: Today in a store a woman was holding up dresses to see if they fit her and asking my opinion, b/c we were about the same size...I loved that random stranger. It's a pleasure to be normal, just another woman shopping in the regular section.

Ahh yes. I remember now. Understand your frustration. And your mom, total opposite. Calling you to ask if she can spend the night.

I don't understand distant grandparents. I grew up with distant ones. I am closer to Bob's grandma's then my own. Because they genuinely care and want to spend time with me and the girls. I spend time with them, even without my girls or husband. My own grandma, eh, it's nice seeing her 4 times a year.

YES, exactly! My parents kidnap Em - and the the inlaws could go for months, it seems. Did I mention they live only 20 mins away and my parents live 40? And my MIL drives by my house on her way to work. So it's not about location. I think they honestly believe they do a lot with us. And she loves them...and at least all four are alive, that's what matters. Maybe things will change. I do admit, I cry sometimes driving away from my parents' house thinking about how lucky she is to have my mom and dad and how I hope she remembers how much they love her. I hope they live to see her grow up. If anyone deserves to be at her wedding, it's them. Okay, have to stop now. Tears are dripping on my lappie!

LIZ, you look AWESOME! Totally different woman. Light and airy, not weighed down, like the first pic. And you are going into summer....YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!! Truly.

What does Nick say?

Thank you! I feel great. Nick says that he's glad I kept my curves. ;)

Oh and Liz, your house looks super cute. Cottagey. Is that your house?

Yep, that's it! It looks a little bare on the bookshelf...we painted the day after Thanksgiving, and have been putting books, etc back slowly. Weeding things out, which is good, but it'd be nice to have it done. Eh, i got other things on my plate, you know? If you want to see more of my living room/house, it's here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/2114549963/in/set-72157603473867331/ The rest of my life is here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/. Not that exciting, but if you have an account I can make you a contact and you get to see the private pictures...ie of my kid and niece and nephew. And my friends drunk. :laughing:

Liz...You are an amazing transformation in progress....:worship: I am so motivated by all of you...I cannot believe the difference...it is so overwhelming at times thinking of 100 pounds at least to lose...but even 50...is just amazing...I am truly speechless and that never happens....

Got meds..feeling a little better and have a full day I need to feel better for....

I will post later and read and catch up...:

Treyner is still dateless for prom...he has a lead....pray for a match...this is so strange for me..he just wants to go and have fun..doesn't care about a serious girlfriend...I think there has been about 10 girls from 5 different cities as contenders...:rotfl2:

I am going to walk today at least 2 miles...this is my vow...bringing shoes with to walk when I get time...

Bfast -
2 pieces of Hearty Rye bread - 140 calories
1/4 tbs butter approx (should have measured) -25 calories
16 oz water :cheer2:

Take it easy, take care of yourself. And don't think about the big numbers, just, say 10% of your body weight. That's a goal you can do and it's not so overwhelming.

:car: :wave: Just a drive-by hello--I'm off for a walk on this beautiful AM!

Dawn, so glad you are home and feeling better. Don't overdo it on your walk!!

Liz, OMG, you look FABULOUS!!! What an amazing transformation! You go girl!!

TTYL...

Thanks! And we want to see your pics! Are they on your journal?

OMG.... You look amazing.... I am printing these to put on my mirror to inspire me... The transformation is truly incredible... and I agree with whoever said your house was cute... Very cool...

Dawn - So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Please take care of yourself and don't overdo it...

Tell Treynor not to stress too much about the prom. He will find someone to go with. He is too cool not to....

Talk to you all later,
Goof

Thank you for that, Paula! :goodvibes

OH MY GOD LIZ!!!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I honestly think that at our height, it is that 190 barrier. Above 190, puffy. Below 190, normal. Below 160, thin. We will get there, I know we will!! :cheer2:

Yeah, there is something to that cut off for overweight, normal, thin. There really is a huge difference under 190. Wow, under 160 IS thin! :cool1: We are so going to do that!

Yeah, that is new. He came home the other day and said that we should go this fall! :cool1: He wants to do a half and half type of vacation....5 days at WDW and 5 days at a non-Disney location. So I have some planning to do. I just have to finish this semester first.

Hey ALL--I am IMing with Sarah right now...she is doing well....just exhausted.

When are you going? We are booked, bounce back in September. Did we talk about this before? I think we might have. :confused3

Dawn--just a reminder...that the DIS has put a cap of 200 pages on a thread and then they lock it. We will hit that today or tomorrow, so when we do, please start a new thread. :goodvibes (Any one of us could start it, but it should be YOU :lovestruc )

OMG, don't cut me off!!! We need a new thread the minute this one freezes!

Liz you look great, way to keep on track :banana: :banana: :banana: I think it is time for me to take a before picture, I want to look amazing to.

Dawn sorry to hear you were sick, I wish you would have told me when we were talking last night around 6. I would have went with you, I was in town. Hope all is better...I am walking tonight again if you want to go along. But take it easy you don't want to overdo it...:flower3:

I went to get my hair done this morning and it is the first time I really like it. I added some highlights and took some lenght off. Even DH said it looked nice and that alone is huge for him to say anything.....

Aww! It's nice to have a guy notice, they are so clueless sometimes! (With all due respect to Dan.) Definitely take some pictures! It's great to look back.

So, as of today, I only have 35 more pounds to lose! Yep, weighed in and down 2.2lbs this week. I am so thrilled to have only 35 to go. The leader made a big deal out of me this week and it was nice to be one of the success stories in the meeting. Just think, I have been doing this so long that I even converted my biggest sabotager! :rotfl:

Thank for saying you are proud of me - it means so much! :goodvibes And I love you for the normal sized! :love: Today in a store a woman was holding up dresses to see if they fit her and asking my opinion, b/c we were about the same size...I loved that random stranger. It's a pleasure to be normal, just another woman shopping in the regular section.

Yep, that's it! It looks a little bare on the bookshelf...we painted the day after Thanksgiving, and have been putting books, etc back slowly. Weeding things out, which is good, but it'd be nice to have it done. Eh, i got other things on my plate, you know? If you want to see more of my living room/house, it's here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/2114549963/in/set-72157603473867331/ The rest of my life is here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/. Not that exciting, but if you have an account I can make you a contact and you get to see the private pictures...ie of my kid and niece and nephew. And my friends drunk. :laughing:

Take it easy, take care of yourself. And don't think about the big numbers, just, say 10% of your body weight. That's a goal you can do and it's not so overwhelming.

Thanks! And we want to see your pics! Are they on your journal?

Thank you for that, Paula! :goodvibes

Yeah, there is something to that cut off for overweight, normal, thin. There really is a huge difference under 190. Wow, under 160 IS thin! :cool1: We are so going to do that!

When are you going? We are booked, bounce back in September. Did we talk about this before? I think we might have. :confused3

OMG, don't cut me off!!! We need a new thread the minute this one freezes!

Aww! It's nice to have a guy notice, they are so clueless sometimes! (With all due respect to Dan.) Definitely take some pictures! It's great to look back.

So, as of today, I only have 35 more pounds to lose! Yep, weighed in and down 2.2lbs this week. I am so thrilled to have only 35 to go. The leader made a big deal out of me this week and it was nice to be one of the success stories in the meeting. Just think, I have been doing this so long that I even converted my biggest sabotager! :rotfl:

All I can say is WOW!!!! You are officially goddess of the week.... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: and only one of these so Erika doesn't wig out... :banana:

goof

Ok, another quick one for me, but eventually I will respond to everyone--promise!

I am just so behind the 8 ball right now...leaving for the Cape in the morning and not thing one has been done. I am going to be up half the night.

So, my funny anecdote for the day is that this thread is now totally bleeding over into my daily life here. I had to call the vet today (the dog's stitches are coming out) because I had to see if they could move my appt. an hour later in the day. The lovely woman said that she would see what she could do...hold on...then she came back and said no problem, she moved my appointment. My response? "You are such a goddess! Thank you so much!" :rotfl2: :lmao:

More to report later, but seriously, I am a crazy woman today.

And the bananas....eeeesh! :eek: :rotfl2:

Liz you are my IDOL really I would give anything to say I only have 35 more pounds to go. :yay: :yay: Sorry about the jumping smiley faces, I did not dare use the freaky jumping banana:lmao:.

I just got some news from my Doctor she said I am pre dieabic and my hormones are way out of wak. I just started going to her because my other doctor is no more. She said in my reports it looks like I have been this way since before my hysterocomory (SP) five years ago. Now I think this would have been a great thing to know. And let me tell you I have been suffering with some major issues in the last fives years that she said has a lot to do with my blood sugar being so high. Now I really have to put my self first and start taking better care of me. I am not saying I did not know I was overweight, but this is kind of scary since it has been going on so long. Now with my exessive hair growth on my lip and chin, my night sweats, my day chills, my cramping which I still get because I have my ovariaies all do to my hormones. She put me on YAZ a birthcontrol pill that will help control all these lonely syptoms. So I go some answers and I have some solutions and I will be learning to eat healthy and get a lot more excersise in. This is my goal, because I really want to live longer than my 40'd and beable to walk in my 80's.....Thanks for listening and sorry for the spelling, I am writing really fast because my brain is running that fast.

Jodi, it is great that you have a doctor who will figure things out and give you a goal. I know it sucks. My mom had a really bad dr. before she found good ones to help her. But once you know, you can deal with it. It's not easy, but you CAN do it. The pill will help. Have they ever diagnosed you with endometriosis? I had it, my mom had it, all the women in our family had it...it sounds like some of the symptoms. And very often they give you a hysterectomy to cure it but it doesn't, really. I might be way off, but I was just wondering. We have done a lot of research into it, so PM me if you want websites to look at or other info.

And just as a PSA - ladies, cramps before your period are not normal. Cramps the day of are. So if you had really bad periods and pain, it might have been endometriosis. It's not scary or life-threatening, it has many, many symptoms or sometimes none at all, and many doctors never mention it. But there are easy, non medical things you can do to manage it, so if you have pain...or pain while having relations...those are common endo symptoms. Something to think about for those of us who have daughters, too.

At the end of the day, we are the best resource for ourselves and each other. I know you all feel that way to me. :goodvibes

Jodi, I am glad that you found a good doctor!! Sorry that you have had to suffer for so long, though.

Liz, I only have pain during, the first two days (like, say NOW). So I think I am fine there. Thanks for the info though!

So, the elliptical kicked my butt today. 50 min, level 7, 4.7 miles, 510 calories burned. Also did 100 crunches on the darn dirty ball.

Currently on a conference call. Yes, it is 6:30. Whee.

Now with my exessive hair growth on my lip and chin, my night sweats, my day chills, my cramping which I still get because I have my ovariaies all do to my hormones. She put me on YAZ a birthcontrol pill that will help control all these lonely syptoms. QUOTE]

I am right here with you. I did IVF with both of my girls and my hormones have been a nightmare since then. I am on the YAZ as well but I go pack to pack with no stop in between. I end up taking a break about every three months or so. PM me and lets chat, sounds like we have a lot in common. And those night sweats drive me CRAZY!! If you find something that works let me know. The Yaz helps but I still get them here and there. {{HUGS}}

Jodi, it is great that you have a doctor who will figure things out and give you a goal. I know it sucks. My mom had a really bad dr. before she found good ones to help her. But once you know, you can deal with it. It's not easy, but you CAN do it. The pill will help. Have they ever diagnosed you with endometriosis? I had it, my mom had it, all the women in our family had it...it sounds like some of the symptoms. And very often they give you a hysterectomy to cure it but it doesn't, really. I might be way off, but I was just wondering. We have done a lot of research into it, so PM me if you want websites to look at or other info.

And just as a PSA - ladies, cramps before your period are not normal. Cramps the day of are. So if you had really bad periods and pain, it might have been endometriosis. It's not scary or life-threatening, it has many, many symptoms or sometimes none at all, and many doctors never mention it. But there are easy, non medical things you can do to manage it, so if you have pain...or pain while having relations...those are common endo symptoms. Something to think about for those of us who have daughters, too.

At the end of the day, we are the best resource for ourselves and each other. I know you all feel that way to me. :goodvibes

Guess I should have kept reading before responding! I have endo as well and was wondering the same thing but forgot to post that. It seems that more women have endo or PCOS and don't even know it.

WOW!! You look even more beautiful!

:flower3:

Okay, remember these?

1393049837_6663aa3114_d.jpg

1393944864_258adfa0fc_d.jpg

And this one, 37lbs down:

2277927741_841491bbc1_d.jpg

Well, this is me last night, in a size 14...

2435665303_36281d5f24.jpg

All I can say is WOW!!!! You are officially goddess of the week.... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: and only one of these so Erika doesn't wig out... :banana:

goof

I agree with Paula! You are totally top goddess!

Liz you are my IDOL really I would give anything to say I only have 35 more pounds to go. :yay: :yay: Sorry about the jumping smiley faces, I did not dare use the freaky jumping banana:lmao:.

HILIAROUS Jodi! And thanks!

I just got some news from my Doctor

I am glad that you are getting the medical care you need. My dad just went through this and once his blood sugar was regulated, he felts TONS better. So here's hoping that this will make a big difference for you.

Back to work for me...so many ends to tie up before I head off on this little get-away. I am bringing my laptop (have to for work), so I will be checking in daily...just not hourly like usual! :lmao: I am not going to worry too much about food while away. I am not going to go crazy, but we are having pizza tomorrow night and the alcohol will be flowing, so...:drinkin: It will be what it will be. It seems not to matter anyway...when I am perfect the scale doesn't move and when I cheat a bit the scale doesn't move...:confused3 I will, however, be working out and getting my run in while there. That is the beauty of a moms and kids trip. Think about it...when we all go on vacation, who does all of the planning and running around? WE do. And this time, there will be three of us who are used to managing everything, so having each other there will be a breeze....lots of extra help and support, etc. 3 of us and 9 kids though...:scared1: ....seriously outnumbered! I guess 3 is the new 2...:rotfl: ...since each of us has three kids.

To answer Liz's question from a few pages back...yes, we had always planned on three and had planned to have them all close together like this. We realize that we are incredibly fortunate fertility-wise (as I know there are several on this thread that needed help). Us? We share a bar of soap and get pregnant! :rotfl2: It was really hard in the early years when they were all diapers and high chairs, etc. (yet all at different developmental stages), but now it is awesome because what is age-appropriate for one, is age-appropriate for all. They always have each other wherever we go.

Ok, back to the grind.

I forgot to answer about the Sept. trip. We are planning the third week...when will you be there? (SG/Liz) We may alter this a bit, but right now that is our plan.

Everything is up in the air right now in terms of vacationing. Since the real estate market is a buyer's market right now, we are really considering purchasing a vacation lake house. Lakefront property in Maine is an awesome investment, and we would also get many years of family use out of it. But the idea of maintaining two houses scares the beejeebers out of me. I can barely manage the one I have. (I'll post pics soon....I agree...Liz's house is totally cute and *really* clean!) So anyway, if we buy a second home, then no vacation this year for us. But if we decide not to, then Disney here we come!

OMG, did the goddess queen just hand me her tiara? :lmao:

As for September, we are booked for Labor Day and beyond. We might switch it to my birthday (19th) like we did last year. I loved WDW for my birthday. Or we might not go - the horror! After all, we were just there in March. But there's no such thing as too much Disney, right???

So, Kat you are I are on the same schedule...which is weird, considering the intervention of modern medicine. ;) Got my friend today. And with it, a fever.

Nick came home and kissed me, drew back, and exclaimed, "You have a fever!". I'm sitting on the coach with a blanket, water, the chills, and some Advil. It sucks. I feel horrible, but at least it's all coming out. Let it come, let it go. I am shaking up my body and getting healthier, so a little fever and chills is not the worse thing in the world.

Oh, and I had to share this. This is what I saw when I went to take a shower this morning.

2437948574_e84e4886f2.jpg

Nick wrote it at the top of the shower wall with one of Emily's bath crayons.

Erika, have a great, safe trip. Everyone else, I'll be back as soon as I kick this!

Ok, it is time for me to come out of hiding. I have been reading this thread for some time and I really feel like I know all of you. But since you have all been talking about violation of privacy I thought I should come out of the online shadows. I wouldn't want you to think I am some sort of voyueur or something.

My name is Bryan...duh...you already figured that one out. Yes, I am a guy and I hope that is ok. Weird, but I feel comfortable here. I am definitely a "guy's guy type..." not usually the kind to hang out with all women, but what can I say? You are somehow kindred spirits to me. I love your senses of humor. (And ok, I fell a little in love with all of you during the pineapple juice discussion...:rolleyes1 ...told you, I am a guy....)

Let me first say that is you would like this to stay an all girls (women ? is that more PC) thread, I will bow out.

Anyway, I am married...with some issues (which can likely be worked out at some point, but right now I seem not to have the energy), and 2 great kids (ages 8 and 7). And I need to lose weight. Not tons...but like 25 pounds.
And get my shape back and not be a soft slob, which is mostly how I feel.

Anyway, I hope you will let me hang here. You all seem so cool and supportive. And I guess I could use that about now. ANd maybe in return I can help with the male perspective from time to time.

So...HI!
(And no dancing penii for 3DK! ha ha)

Hi Bryan and welcome!!! I like having some testosterone here! And as for the dancing penii...hysterical! You fit right in already! :goodvibes

Welcome Bryan... we are a crazy bunch here so a little testosterone would be a welcome addition to us...

Jump right in - the water is fine...

Goof

OMG, did the goddess queen just hand me her tiara? :lmao:

As for September, we are booked for Labor Day and beyond. We might switch it to my birthday (19th) like we did last year. I loved WDW for my birthday. Or we might not go - the horror! After all, we were just there in March. But there's no such thing as too much Disney, right???

So, Kat you are I are on the same schedule...which is weird, considering the intervention of modern medicine. ;) Got my friend today. And with it, a fever.

Nick came home and kissed me, drew back, and exclaimed, "You have a fever!". I'm sitting on the coach with a blanket, water, the chills, and some Advil. It sucks. I feel horrible, but at least it's all coming out. Let it come, let it go. I am shaking up my body and getting healthier, so a little fever and chills is not the worse thing in the world.

Oh, and I had to share this. This is what I saw when I went to take a shower this morning.

2437948574_e84e4886f2.jpg

Nick wrote it at the top of the shower wall with one of Emily's bath crayons.

Erika, have a great, safe trip. Everyone else, I'll be back as soon as I kick this!

Liz - hang in there... its almost over...the message from Nick is too cute...

We are kindered spirits... my birtday is a week before yours... I knew there was a reason I liked you... let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Goof

Liz - hang in there... its almost over...the message from Nick is too cute...

We are kindered spirits... my birtday is a week before yours... I knew there was a reason I liked you... let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Goof

We are! :rotfl2:

Ok, it is time for me to come out of hiding. I have been reading this thread for some time and I really feel like I know all of you. But since you have all been talking about violation of privacy I thought I should come out of the online shadows. I wouldn't want you to think I am some sort of voyueur or something.

My name is Bryan...duh...you already figured that one out. Yes, I am a guy and I hope that is ok. Weird, but I feel comfortable here. I am definitely a "guy's guy type..." not usually the kind to hang out with all women, but what can I say? You are somehow kindred spirits to me. I love your senses of humor. (And ok, I fell a little in love with all of you during the pineapple juice discussion...:rolleyes1 ...told you, I am a guy....)

Let me first say that is you would like this to stay an all girls (women ? is that more PC) thread, I will bow out.

Anyway, I am married...with some issues (which can likely be worked out at some point, but right now I seem not to have the energy), and 2 great kids (ages 8 and 7). And I need to lose weight. Not tons...but like 25 pounds.
And get my shape back and not be a soft slob, which is mostly how I feel.

Anyway, I hope you will let me hang here. You all seem so cool and supportive. And I guess I could use that about now. ANd maybe in return I can help with the male perspective from time to time.

So...HI!
(And no dancing penii for 3DK! ha ha)

Hi Bryan! Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter