In Training: Marathon Weekend 2015 (Dopey Challenge)! **COMPLETE**

That's exactly how my pain started! Except it never went away, and the pain started transforming into all kinds of other pains :confused3 I spent like 3 days massaging and heating my leg until I realized it was not normal muscle cramps/tightness and I started trying rest and ice instead. I don't think it's a stress fracture, although some of the systems are there, but I do have this fear of my leg snapping in half :scared1:. I'm risking it anyway!
Ugh! Well that's not good! I hope you've been feeling some relief after some rest and ice. :worried: Good luck next weekend!!!!!

Thanks for that youtube video. It's nice to see it laid out like that. Congrats on all the mileage this year. And Splash and Dash- I like it! My sister and I just refer to it as the Whine and Drown.
Good luck on the Dopey races. You are going to go from unofficially Dopey to official. You'll have to let us know how it feels to be legit instead of rogue!:goodvibes

Hi from Orlando :goodvibes

Weather is lovely (perhaps a little too lovely !) and having done two nice runs around the Boardwalk there are placeholders already there for med tents/ mile markers etc

Very good luck and hope to see you on the course ( s )

:cloud9: :cloud9:

Thanks for that youtube video. It's nice to see it laid out like that.
Yeah, I really like those videos a lot. I'm sure I'll watch them again and again this week. :)
Congrats on all the mileage this year. And Splash and Dash- I like it! My sister and I just refer to it as the Whine and Drown.
Thanks! :goodvibes Hahaha, Whine & Drown...that definitely fits too. Here's hoping this coming weekend is WAY drier. :faint:
Good luck on the Dopey races. You are going to go from unofficially Dopey to official. You'll have to let us know how it feels to be legit instead of rogue!:goodvibes
Thank you soooo much!! And good luck to you too! :goodvibes
Hi from Orlando :goodvibes
:wave:
Weather is lovely (perhaps a little too lovely !) and having done two nice runs around the Boardwalk there are placeholders already there for med tents/ mile markers etc
Yeah, i saw a picture someone posted on Facebook of the staging area in the Epcot parking lot being set up! I guess they like to be prepared early! :eek:
Very good luck and hope to see you on the course ( s )

:cloud9: :cloud9:
Good luck to you too!! :yay:

Week 9 of Dopey Challenge Training
Monday, January 5, 2015 - Sunday, January 11, 2015

Monday, January 5: 2-mile treadmill run
That’s it! Dopey training is officially DONE! :cool1:

I was expected this run to be really tough - in the past I have found that the short runs I do right before a race are really hard for me, I guess just because I’m used to the looooong ones, so I feel like the shorter ones should be done in 2.5 seconds. This one wasn’t too bad though. I did 5:1 intervals and was done in a little over 22 minutes (11:01/mile pace). The only bad thing I can say about this run is that I never really felt like I got fully “warmed up,” because I don’t do any formal warm-ups while running and this one was so short. Also, the thermostat at the gym was turned up to approximately 1,000 degrees this morning...good practice for the marathon, I guess. :eek:

I’m about 98% packed at this point. Just gotta throw in the running shoes I wore this morning and toiletries that I still need to use today, tomorrow and Wednesday morning. And that’s it!

Tuesday, January 6: Rest Day

Yay! Time to go to WDW TOMORROW! Of course, that's assuming my flight isn't delayed or canceled...we're under a Lake Effect Snow warning for tonight and tomorrow. Greeeeaaaat.

I’m running around today after work taking care of last-minute things I need (ATM stop, buying bagels for the race mornings)...and that’s it. This PTR is done. ::yes::

To anyone that has read this thread, and especially to those that have commented - THANK YOU. :) This was a really up-and-down year for me, running-wise, and having this thread to post in definitely helped keep me on track. And to anyone running this weekend, HAVE FUN!! Maybe I’ll see you around! :)

Wednesday, January 7: travel to WDW!!!

13-09_CruiseEdit_007.jpg

Thursday, January 8: 2015 Walt Disney World 5K!

IMG_0507.JPG

Friday, January 9: 2015 Walt Disney World 10K!

IMG_0739.jpg

Saturday, January 10: 2015 Walt Disney World Half Marathon!

IMG_0600.JPG

Sunday, January 10: 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon!

IMG_0738.JPG

Love those bling and finish line pics--keep your eyes on the prize!

Thank you for posting this PTR and letting us follow along with your training. You are so ready to rock Dopey! I look forward to reading your trip report when you get back. Have a great trip!

Woohoo on heading out tomorrow!!! Perfect final shots to conclude your PTR. Have an amazing time and great races. Hope to see you there!:cool1:

Love those bling and finish line pics--keep your eyes on the prize!
Oh I definitely am!! :goodvibes
Thank you for posting this PTR and letting us follow along with your training. You are so ready to rock Dopey! I look forward to reading your trip report when you get back. Have a great trip!
Thank you, and thanks for reading! :)
Good luck and I hope to see you down there! I'm leaving tomorrow as well.
Thanks, good luck to you too! Hope we both have safe travels...:eek:
You forgot Monday is DATW. Just as important event as the others. :)
Oh man, I don't know. I may be retired after Wine & Dine of this year...:eek: We shall see!! :drinking1
Woohoo on heading out tomorrow!!! Perfect final shots to conclude your PTR. Have an amazing time and great races. Hope to see you there!:cool1:
Woohoo!!! Thanks...good luck to you and Chris and have fun!! :yay:

Good luck!! Have a great time! Thanks for the PTR it's been great this year!:goodvibes

I've been lurking along with your PTR. I just wanted to say that I hope you have smooth safe travels today and good luck in all of your races!

I don't post very often but wanted to let you know I have enjoyed following this PTR. Best of luck this weekend :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:...looking forward to reading all about it in the TR!!

I have never done much posting on your threads, but I follow them all religiously! You are my motivation to get and run every week, so thank you for taking the time to write these like you do.
I just wanted to wish you luck, even you are a couple of days in already ;)
I keep looking at the runDisney facebook posts trying to see if you are in them. No luck yet, but I will keep looking! I can't wait to hear about it!

Hi Shannon

I hope the weather hasn't messed with your outfits too much. I had to make some last minute changes to mine, including (just kidding) using the brown fleece blanket I bought tonight from Walgreens to keep warm in the corral tomorrow, as an Ewok cloak ;)

Hope you're having a wonderful time :goodvibes

Best of luck tomorrow! I have done both the marathon and the half - but I did them 10 years apart! I can't imagine all the running in four days! You deserve all those medals and more.

Oh, no. You have to do DATW with us. It's the only way to really celebrate. :)
Maybe next time! ;)
Good luck!! Have a great time! Thanks for the PTR it's been great this year!:goodvibes
Thanks so much, and thanks for reading! :)
Good luck! Thanks for this PTR. It's helped me be motivated in my own race training :)
Thank you! :goodvibes
I've been lurking along with your PTR. I just wanted to say that I hope you have smooth safe travels today and good luck in all of your races!
Thanks so much, ARmom30!!
I don't post very often but wanted to let you know I have enjoyed following this PTR. Best of luck this weekend :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:...looking forward to reading all about it in the TR!!
Thank you so much! There will definitely be a TR! :thumbsup2
Good luck this week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter