In Training: Marathon Weekend 2015 (Dopey Challenge)! **COMPLETE**

Challenge Complete!

Just wanted to pop in and say a huge thank you to everyone that followed along with this thread this year. And to those of you that commented over the past few days - THANK YOU!! It meant so much that you thought of me this weekend. :) AND I ran into both dlbwright and ZellyB the morning of the marathon, am pretty sure I saw a picture of emilyindisney and her sister on runDisney's Facebook page, and saw LOTS of WISH shirts during the races. DISers all around! :thumbsup2

All in all, I had a FANTASTIC weekend! This year's Marathon Weekend blew 2013's out of the water for me. 2014 was up-and-down for me running-wise, and I felt like this challenge weekend - especially the marathon - was my victory lap - victory over injuries, periods of self-doubt, and whatever other challenges came my way this year. And what a victory lap it was!

IMG_2621.jpg

Now I can *officially* say that I'm Dopey...and it feels freaking fantastic. Report with lots of pictures to follow, of course. ;)
IMG_2697.jpg

Thanks again for following along! :wave:

Congrats Shannon! WE DID IT! What an amazing and memorable week! I thought this would be a one-and-done thing for me, but.....can't wait to be Dopey again!!! :D

Congrats Shannon! WE DID IT! What an amazing and memorable week! I thought this would be a one-and-done thing for me, but.....can't wait to be Dopey again!!! :D
YES!! I was thinking about you because I know you were injured, so so glad you finished!!

Totally with you - up until Sunday morning I said this was a one-time thing for me, but I'll absolutely do it again. :)

Glad you did it! Congrats! I kept my eye out for you but I didn't recognize anyone this weekend!

Glad you did it! Congrats! I kept my eye out for you but I didn't recognize anyone this weekend!
Thank you, and congrats to you too! I almost never see anyone I know at WDW so I was shocked and happy to run into two DISers!! :) Sorry I didn't see you! :(

Congrats on finishing Dopey! Looking forward to your trip/race report. We missed you at DATW. Lots of fun splashing around in the rain. :)

Congrats Shannon! I won't lie - I stalked your results over the weekend! Awesome job!!

I am also insanely jealous, as I won't be running Disney again this year. Damn kid. :rotfl:

Knew you could do it! Thanks for posting the medal pics! I can't wait for the TR :woohoo:

Hi Shannon! I felt like such a stalker when I said hi to you in the am before the marathon and at MGM! I'm really not, I am a nice person! :lmao: Just glad I got to say hi to you and let you know in person how much I enjoy your posts. I thought Dopey might have been a one and done, but no way, I had a blast!! I was dancing at mile 21. I took it slower than normal and felt so good afterwards, and got some amazing pictures. Can't wait to do it again! Congrats to you! :thumbsup2

YES!! I was thinking about you because I know you were injured, so so glad you finished!! Totally with you - up until Sunday morning I said this was a one-time thing for me, but I'll absolutely do it again. :)

My knee miraculously healed, I guess. It was a bit sore Tuesday through Thursday, just from all the walking in the parks. Friday during the 10k, it hurt the first 2 miles, I was thinking, "how on earth am I going to get through all these races?!" Then the pain just went away. The Half on Saturday was practically painless, and then during the Full, it only hurt around miles 18-21ish, but then was fine again. Really amazing! I feel so blessed!

Woohoo- so glad you had a good weekend and enjoyed your victory lap! Can't wait to read your TR!
Thanks Emily! Can't wait to read yours too!
Congrats on finishing Dopey! Looking forward to your trip/race report. We missed you at DATW. Lots of fun splashing around in the rain. :)
Thanks, congrats to you too! Sorry I missed you guys on Monday. :goodvibes
Congrats Shannon! I won't lie - I stalked your results over the weekend! Awesome job!!
Thanks!! :) I stalked people too - we all do it!
I am also insanely jealous, as I won't be running Disney again this year. Damn kid. :rotfl:
Yes, I hear kids are time-consuming! ;) Will she be diaper dashing in the future?!
Knew you could do it! Thanks for posting the medal pics! I can't wait for the TR :woohoo:
Thank you so much! So nice of you to say. :)
Hi Shannon! I felt like such a stalker when I said hi to you in the am before the marathon and at MGM! I'm really not, I am a nice person! :lmao: Just glad I got to say hi to you and let you know in person how much I enjoy your posts. I thought Dopey might have been a one and done, but no way, I had a blast!! I was dancing at mile 21. I took it slower than normal and felt so good afterwards, and got some amazing pictures. Can't wait to do it again! Congrats to you! :thumbsup2
I'm so glad you said hi! Really! It meant a lot to me. :)

Yes, Dopey certainly is not a one-and-done for me either! It was sooooo much fun!

Congrats to you too, and again, thanks for saying hi!
Congrats on finishing Dopey! That is so impressive!
Thank you so much!
My knee miraculously healed, I guess. It was a bit sore Tuesday through Thursday, just from all the walking in the parks. Friday during the 10k, it hurt the first 2 miles, I was thinking, "how on earth am I going to get through all these races?!" Then the pain just went away. The Half on Saturday was practically painless, and then during the Full, it only hurt around miles 18-21ish, but then was fine again. Really amazing! I feel so blessed!
Wow, that's incredible! Perfect timing. I'm so glad you were able to finish!!

I sure hope so! Will you post the link to your trip report here? I definitely want to read that too!
Yes I will! I'm actually going to buy the picture package this time so I'm waiting a few days to see if more get added...once I buy that I'll probably start the report. :)

Congrats!!!!! It was an incredible weekend and I'm looking forward to your trip report. Thursday was freezing cold but all in all I had a blast down there and still can't believe I ran all of those races. Too bad I didn't get a chance to see you and say hi.

Congrats, Shannon!! Can't wait to read all about it. I'm so glad I got to say hi to you before the marathon. I was in shock that I actually saw you in that mob!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter