Indiana Jones land coming to Animal Kingdom

Well I am not sure we totally disagree...

First Rogue One was extremely good but was based on story line that was created with the major stars - so there was pull.
Plus as you say there are books, and animated features and such that are sucessful

Star Trek I will disagree with a bit - of all the Star Trek versions the only versions successful was Main and Next Gen. Animated didn't last long, and other TV versions faded quickly. I will add that Next Gen kept success by getting rubs from main characters of original movie. The reboot to me was extremely well done, not just due to actor choices but keeping a similar theme and tie in to first version.

As for Indy, we have to wait and see, what leeks from what this next one is. I believe whole heartedly that if done correct this franchise could keep going.

Off the record - I desperately want a theme park with Star Trek...I can't tell you how much I wish someone would do it.

We’re not that far apart.

I’m not a huge Star Trek person, but I also would love a full recreation of one of the Enterprises as a land somewhere, that has serious potential. And every so often we hear rumors of negotiations somewhere between Vegas, Universal, Cedar Fair, etc...

But I think it’s hard to argue that Star Trek hasn’t found success beyond those original characters, even if you dislike the moves they’ve made, they succeeded. Isn’t the original the shortest lived show of the franchise apart from the original’s cartoon spin off? It lasted 3 years vs 7 for Next Gen, 7 for Voyager, 7 for Deep Space Nine, 4 for Enterprise, and at least 3 for Discovery currently. Even for shows I don’t like, I can’t argue against them succeeding if they last 7 years. Perhaps not as known as the original, but there’s more to success. Certainly they wouldn’t have continued producing episodes and new series if everything post the original was a failure.

We’re not that far apart.

I’m not a huge Star Trek person, but I also would love a full recreation of one of the Enterprises as a land somewhere, that has serious potential. And every so often we hear rumors of negotiations somewhere between Vegas, Universal, Cedar Fair, etc...

But I think it’s hard to argue that Star Trek hasn’t found success beyond those original characters, even if you dislike the moves they’ve made, they succeeded. Isn’t the original the shortest lived show of the franchise apart from the original’s cartoon spin off? It lasted 3 years vs 7 for Next Gen, 7 for Voyager, 7 for Deep Space Nine, 4 for Enterprise, and at least 3 for Discovery currently. Even for shows I don’t like, I can’t argue against them succeeding if they last 7 years. Perhaps not as known as the original, but there’s more to success. Certainly they wouldn’t have continued producing episodes and new series if everything post the original was a failure.
yes true. But I will say the later ones were on smaller limited networks that were taking content for content. The original wasn't. No doubt Next Gen did well, so I don't totally disagree you could totally revamp and create new

Old rumor.
DHS needs something done with the Indiana Jones Stunt show (one of the last remaining original attractions (whose script hasn't changed since then) and Star Tours and Jedi Training (while both still fun-- destroys the immersion of a heavily themed land).

I hope they don't get rid of the show. It's something unique. Most of the other stage shows are musicals. Updating it would be good though.

Right now Disney is talking about how they can make Indy more relatable to younger audiences. So I wouldn't be surprised if that shows in the next movie.

They did a good job of that with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV show. They also introduced a young Indy in The Last Crusade.

I think if you cast Chris Pratt as Indy in the reboot then you got something. He's a proven commodity with a nice balance of funny and badass.

I'm a fan of Pratt but I think he doesn't look rugged enough to pull the roll off.

I'm a fan of Pratt but I think he doesn't look rugged enough to pull the roll off.

Yep, I see what you're saying. But there's a lot of wussies in Hollywood nowadays.

In the first movie alone, he professed his hatred of snakes and a poor monkey was killed because of him.

Indiana Jones is no friend to animals.

LOL, that monkey is terrible, he deserved what he got. Not to stereotype, but he's worse than Jack the Monkey in "Pirates".

Yep, I see what you're saying. But there's a lot of wussies in Hollywood nowadays.

LOL, that monkey is terrible, he deserved what he got. Not to stereotype, but he's worse than Jack the Monkey in "Pirates".

He was a poor monkey used by his higher order primate keepers. Bad dates!

Hollywood seems like a bit of a rinky dink park. If it was bigger there would be more space for the incoming crowds, that Star Wars will no doubt bring.

I think they should add a parking deck like disneysource11 said. This way they can have possibly a lot more space in the park.

yea that'd be a great idea whenever they need more room to expand. building a seond level over one side of the lot to open up half for expansion would open a ton of space for them to use. Don't see thm needing it for awhile though. there is still a bit of area they currently have to expand or redevelop as is.

What DHS really needs next is a water ride. It gets hot there and there's just no relief. Come to think of it, the same could be said for DinoLand in DAK.

If you are going to redo the Indiana Jones show, might as well re-theme Echo Lake while you are at it. That has always seemed like a waste of space to me.

What DHS really needs next is a water ride. It gets hot there and there's just no relief. Come to think of it, the same could be said for DinoLand in DAK.

If you are going to redo the Indiana Jones show, might as well re-theme Echo Lake while you are at it. That has always seemed like a waste of space to me.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with "Toy Story Land". They could have created what they had in California for "Bugs Land". Large plants and even flowers could have been put in for shade and still fit with the theming of this section.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with "Toy Story Land". They could have created what they had in California for "Bugs Land". Large plants and even flowers could have been put in for shade and still fit with the theming of this section.

Yeah, or have like those tarp shade things themed as the army men parachutes

I don't think Indy is Land worthy. I feel the whole franchise has lost its energy. Nor do I think it could be resurrected to a revenue generating machine. I also don't see merchandise sales coming from Indy. Great films when I was younger, but I think the sun has set on this IP. I think an Indy ride in an "adverntureland" type area at best.

That's odd my 10yo loves the old ones, Temple of Doom is her current favorite. But she also watches M.A.S.H. and Gone with the Wind so not sure she's the "typical kid"

My 11 year old is the same way. She will take older shows/movies any day over anything currently on TV (she can quote almost every black and white episode of the Andy Griffith show). The only thing current she watches is “When Calls the Heart”. Her favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off followed closely by the older Indy movies. She is planning on being Indy for Halloween and is currently trying to convince her 4 year old brother to dress up as a boulder and chase her around our neighborhood :rotfl2:

I don't think Indy is Land worthy. I feel the whole franchise has lost its energy. Nor do I think it could be resurrected to a revenue generating machine. I also don't see merchandise sales coming from Indy. Great films when I was younger, but I think the sun has set on this IP. I think an Indy ride in an "adverntureland" type area at best.

I actually agree with you on this one a lot. I love the first 3 movies, but currently the franchise isn't looking very good. The last one was a dark mark on the series that will need to redeemed with the next one. We can no longer say Spielberg can't go wrong. He's had some real duds lately. But I believe that Disney's affiliation will help create a better movie... Afterall it can't worse.

Last edited:
I can see them coming out with an Indy Land a little before the movie. Though it would be a bit of a gamble after some of the live action stinkers they've had.

I liked the Lost River Delta at Tokyo DisneySea. I wouldn't mind something like that in Florida with Indy being the anchor for the land.

I liked the Lost River Delta at Tokyo DisneySea. I wouldn't mind something like that in Florida with Indy being the anchor for the land.

Yeah, I'd rather have Lost River than Big Grizzly, like dsource said will go in this section. It seems more eventful over the course of the ride. The other choice, Grizzly seems a bit repetitive.

Indiana Jones Expedition (in Cali) was a great idea that never came to be. The idea was to have a mountain where 4 rides rode through it. Jungle Cruise, Indiana Adventure, a Minecart rollercoaster and the Railroad.

Indiana Jones Expedition (in Cali) was a great idea that never came to be. The idea was to have a mountain where 4 rides rode through it. Jungle Cruise, Indiana Adventure, a Minecart rollercoaster and the Railroad.
Even as a Monday morning QB, that wasn't the best idea...considering that is where they are putting Star Wars land now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter