• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Indy DVC

rbuzzotta said:
I know this is off topic but I will be in Indianpolis at the Convention Center in Jan 2007. Staying at the Marriott. DD has a cheering competition.

Should I rent a car at the airport or just take a cab? What is the area like?

Also, what other airports are not too far from IND??? Just wondering if there may be an alternative to fly into and drive if I have too.

thanks!!

There is a lot to do near the convention center - just get a cab from the airport. The closest airport would probably be Cincy and that is a 2 1/2 hour drive or Louisville.

Have fun!:cheer2:

Sorry to go off topic, but can anyone confirm the rumored DVC resort in French Lick? Not sure where I heard that one but I seem to recall it was a reliable source.

rinkwide said:
Sorry to go off topic, but can anyone confirm the rumored DVC resort in French Lick? Not sure where I heard that one but I seem to recall it was a reliable source.

In my Interval International directory there is a listing for French Lick Springs Villas. Our Webmaster Doc may know more about this resort because I think he owns there if my memory serves me correctly.

South Bend here. But both DH and myself spend the majority of our working hours in Indpls.

rbuzzotta said:
I know this is off topic but I will be in Indianpolis at the Convention Center in Jan 2007. Staying at the Marriott. DD has a cheering competition.

Which competition will you be at? DD does allstar cheer and we'll be there too...

Hi Jennz......My DD will be competitng at the Jamfest Natonals the weekend of Jan. 19 (I think that is the date). We have never competed there and I was hoping there would be more to do then in Dallas (where the city seems to shut down on the weekends)!! Who does your daughter cheer for? :cheer2:

We are in Brownsburg on the west side.

Hoosier by birth, Boilermaker by the grace of god!
purdue_pete5.gif

hi all, we are two hours north in Starke County. Dh spends a great deal of time in Indy for work(education).

Hey Indy DVCer's - Is anyone going to the DIS Meet at Loon Lake Lodge over Labor Day Weekend?

Squidrific said:
Hey Indy DVCer's - Is anyone going to the DIS Meet at Loon Lake Lodge over Labor Day Weekend?

First I've heard of this. Do tell...

Squidrific said:
Is it definite Loon Lake Lodge is the site?

Running total so far including members who said they knew family and/or friends who were also members.

3-Fishers and Indianapolis
2-Muncie, Fort Wayne, and Brownsburg
1-Columbus, Batesville, Avon, Noblesville, Mt. Vernon, Greenwood, Shelbyville, Lafayette, Terre Haute, South Bend, Carmel, and Starke County.

Grand total of 24, not too bad Indiana.

Any more out there?

We're in Zionsville!! We've been members since 2004.

I am not from Indiana, I'm from the Western Michigan Lakeshore area, :sail: and I pass thru Indiana every time I go to Chicago to visit both of my DDs, who live there. I won't hold Gary, Indiana against you all. :moped: But, hey, what's up with the signage on your highways? You put 50 different road signs on one post--your schools must be great,though, if your residents can read them all before they pass by! :car:

Grew up near Muncie. Graduated Purdue, and now live in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area in Texas.

Doc and Caskbill, along with other high minded, intellectual, well spoken DVC owners on the DIS boards, were some of the reasons that we purchased into DVC. Oh, yeah, and the vacation thing to.

Parents are snow-birds - live near Muncie in the summer/fall, go to Florida in the winter/spring - so DVC works well to visit Disney and then visit family in Florida.

If you're from Indiana and you don't know what euchre is, then I guess we will just have to review your Hoosier credentials . . . . LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter