Interesting thread on themeparks board ..party at stormalong bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching both threads :surfweb: and while I really don't agree with what this woman is doing, or has done; if I lived a reasonable amount of distance away, I would not hesitate to rent a 2 bedroom at BCV's and invite 6 of our kids' best friends... a 2 bedroom allows for eight bracelets, and I think that allotment should be given... If I had more than 8 kids, I'd rent another room to make up the difference....

So, as I've said, while I don't agree with what it seems this woman is doing, I do think it's possible for DVC members to have parties while using their DVC accomodations (and believe me, I'd be getting a kitchen sink or two from Beaches and Cream)..

Sorry, gotta go with the No Way Jose. Love that Peanut Butter...

Parties are not allowed at SAB, Birthday parties can be held at the water parks and mini golf and Neverland Club. Of course if you are staying there as a guest you can certainly party to heart's content. :)

Unless the mother booked villas to cover the actual number of party goers she is not going to have enough wristbands.

I have my own theory on this, but really think sharing it will simply stir the pot, you can PM me if you are really nosey. :rotfl:

Suffice it to say, I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned with as to this party happening. ;)

Parties are not allowed at SAB, Birthday parties can be held at the water parks and mini golf and Neverland Club. Of course if you are staying there as a guest you can certainly party to heart's content. :)

Unless the mother booked villas to cover the actual number of party goers she is not going to have enough wristbands.

I have my own theory on this, but really think sharing it will simply stir the pot, you can PM me if you are really nosey. :rotfl:

Suffice it to say, I don't think anyone has anything to be concerned with as to this party happening. ;)

Are you thinking phishing expedition?;)

Tinker74,
I don't regret what I said because it's true. If this party does happen, it would not effect my family and I since we won't be at WDW during this time and because we have never stayed at the Beach Club. The same goes for anyone who will not be at WDW during this time because they also won't be staying at the Beach Club. So there was no problem with my attitude, because I was just telling the truth.

bavaria,
Believe me if you want but if this person wanted to have this party at the Contemporary even if my family and I were staying there at the time or if we would not be in WDW we would not care that much about it and here is why. We only go to the pool on days when we like to relax and take things easy. Plus we always go early in the mornings so we have never had problems getting 3 pool chairs.

Not a phishin expedition nor a fishing expedition.. I doubt anyone will be near ANY water.

I'm with Sammie on this one -- I'll be surprised MIGHTILY if this event comes off as "organized".

My sources at resorts whisper that .. management has seen this thread .. and they are aware of no such resort-or-dvc-sanctioned affair...

I too wait for the outcome with some degree of trepidation.

Knox

Not a phishin expedition nor a fishing expedition.. I doubt anyone will be near ANY water.

I'm with Sammie on this one -- I'll be surprised MIGHTILY if this event comes off as "organized".

My sources at resorts whisper that .. management has seen this thread .. and they are aware of no such resort-or-dvc-sanctioned affair...

Knox

OT, You're a fun mod CanadianGuy!:cool1: I've seen you watching over threads and you have a great style in your moderating skills. Makes me think,"The Force is strong with this One....:darth:"

Back on Topic. I agree with you that Sammie is on the mark!~;)

~DW:3dglasses

Tinker74,
I don't regret what I said because it's true. If this party does happen, it would not effect my family and I since we won't be at WDW during this time and because we have never stayed at the Beach Club. The same goes for anyone who will not be at WDW during this time because they also won't be staying at the Beach Club. So there was no problem with my attitude, because I was just telling the truth.

bavaria,
Believe me if you want but if this person wanted to have this party at the Contemporary even if my family and I were staying there at the time or if we would not be in WDW we would not care that much about it and here is why. We only go to the pool on days when we like to relax and take things easy. Plus we always go early in the mornings so we have never had problems getting 3 pool chairs.

Cool so next time I am at WDW, I'll park at the Contemporary and walk over to MK. It'll be ok because you won't be at the resort at the time.

Knox

Reeeeeeally????popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Cool so next time I am at WDW, I'll park at the Contemporary and walk over to MK. It'll be ok because you won't be at the resort at the time.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Better still lets all have a pool party at the CR on a day when "CR fan for life " wants to relax with his family...Its OK we'll clear it with disney first..just like you reckon this party woman has.:lmao:
Oh and remember that means 20 or so cars parked at CR from off site people...is that suddenly oK with you too?

OK....I can barely wait for the outcome....:surfweb: :hourglass

Maybe OP should print this thread and mail it to her....
to give her the heads up...

The undercover DIS police are on the jobpirate:
Kerri

Tinker74,

bavaria,

:confused3 You don't get the "big picture" at all, do you? I'll spell it out since you keep missing the point everyone is making --- If this is allowed it does effect everyone staying at ANY DISNEY RESORT. Pools are for RESORT GUESTS ONLY, not anyone off the street.

If you let one party in, then you let 2 parties in, etc... then you won't have ANY chairs left the next time your parents decide to take you to the Concrete (er, Contemporary) Resort...

I can't wait to hear how thing works (or doesn't work) out! I know if DH and I were there we would have to say something.

popcorn:: :surfweb: popcorn::

Just to extend the logic one step here...

Let's say that I lived in Tampa/St Pete (I don't) and I had an 8 year old son turning 9 (I don't) and I wanted to have a fun birthday party for him. (I don't).

Following the logic of the folks planning this party, I could stay at All Star Sports with one room for one night (82 to 119$ for one night) and have an afternoon pool party and invite 12 of my sons friends and parents/guardians to 'visit' us at the resort and enjoy the pool? (No. I don't think so.)

That doesn't make ANY sense. And neither does this party at SAB.

Knox

OK - this is like when I'm standing in line at the grocery store and I simply cannot look away from the so-called "rag" mags...on one hand, I tend to agree with CR Fan in that it's pretty much a non-critical issue for me as I won't be there then anyway. (As an aside, I do hope that the woman at least jotted down the name of the cast member - if indeed she was told "it's OK", I can understand her relying on the info, and IMO it would be a shame if no one set her straight before the party date.)

It is quite clear that opinions are both varied and quite strong on this issue. Personally, I do not believe DVC pool-hopping to SAB and a registered guest sharing the facilities with traveling companions is the same thing. I DO believe the registered guests should have priority should the facility become overcrowded, but I don't think traveling companions (incl area residents meeting up with WDW visitors for the day) should be banned across the board.

As to my "real" reason for posting, I keep seeing references to parking at the Contemporary. Can someone point me to a tread that can explain what the issue is, and also (since I'm asking Qs), is there parking available at the TTC?

As to my "real" reason for posting, I keep seeing references to parking at the Contemporary. Can someone point me to a tread that can explain what the issue is, and also (since I'm asking Qs), is there parking available at the TTC?
Some posters on this thread want to flame me by saying they will park at the Contemporary and go to the Magic Kingdom because they know it's something I am against. So they are basically going off topic to flame me because I am not agreeing with them about this topic, even though I am allowed to have my own opinion.

Some posters on this thread want to flame me by saying they will park at the Contemporary and go to the Magic Kingdom because they know it's something I am against. So they are basically going off topic to flame me because I am not agreeing with them about this topic, even though I am allowed to have my own opinion about this topic.

But your opinion makes no sense..:confused3 ...You contradict youself too many times...I almost give up trying to explain to you why most of us think 20 off siters turning up at SAB is wrong...You think its OK fine..But why Why oh Why ...do you then object to an off siter Or even an on siter parking at the CR and going to the parks?...
Why do you object to a woman and child sitting in two chaira at the GF marina ..who shocks,,,Could be offsiters...You were up in arms over that one..the child should have given the chair up to your mom you said...a million times..;)
Can you not see that that is a minor minor issue compared to 20 offsiters stormin SAB..:lmao:

Iam not trying to flame you...Iam just honestly baffled by your logic...But please don't tell me again that you and your family aren't staying at the BC so it doesn't concern you..because I rember that from the last 10 times you told us..:lmao:
(joke)..I mean no harm honestly...:) ...just baffled..:surfweb:

Dear Baffled,:confused3

:lmao: I love your posts! Gentle and humourous with great meaning~

Signed,
Dear Abbey :love:

(Loved the baffled word:goodvibes )

The most interesting fix to the whole hypothetical scenario has been the suggestion proposed by one poster. The suggestion was, IF things went wrong for the party mom and her DD that DVC get their red DVC vans and
haul the whole party to BB. HA! That would be the most unheard of magical party in world! I understand that opinions are widely spread on the boards, I am very respectful of that ,but that one just blew me away... A party mom's supposed bad planning goes wrong, party mom throws fit and THEN would get DVC vans to haul them all to Blizzard Beach???? :confused3

I know it was a suggestion but , it made me cringe for some reason...:scared:

Dear Baffled,:confused3

:lmao: I love your posts! Gentle and humourous with great meaning~

Signed,
Dear Abbey :love:

(Loved the baffled word:goodvibes )

The most interesting fix to the whole hypothetical scenario has been the suggestion proposed by one poster. The suggestion was, IF things went wrong for the party mom and her DD that DVC get their red DVC vans and
haul the whole party to BB. HA! That would be the most unheard of magical party in world! I understand that opinions are widely spread on the boards, I am very respectful of that ,but that one just blew me away... A party

mom's supposed bad planning goes wrong, party mom throws fit and THEN

would get DVC vans to haul them all to Blizzard Beach???? :confused3

I know it was a suggestion but , it made me cringe for some reason...:scared:

I know LOL that one was hilarious...the poster meant well..but come on!:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter